• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Advent of the God-Harem King [Highschool DxD/Exalted] (CLOSED)

So technically speaking a mortal can have Epic Attributes, but an Exalt can't?

I call bullshit on that.
Wrong Mortals cannot have Epic Attributes without either Blessings of Gods/Titans or Blood of Monsters/Titans/Gods/Aliens.

Also Exalts technically do get Epic Attributes. 6 on Exalted is equal to Epic 7 on Scion scale at least Physically Socially its 9-10 depending on the Exalt.

So technically speaking a mortal can have Epic Attributes, but an Exalt can't?
Demigods/demonhosts/vampires/magical martial artists/whatever empower their bodies. Exalts empower their souls. Part of what's screwing with Azazel is that physically Issei is a perfectly normal young man, if one in amazingly good shape. He can simply decide that now his skin is hard enough to deflect bullets or his hands are sharp enough to cut iron and they are, despite there being no apparent reason it should be true. As opposed to, for example, Berserker, whose body would show inhumanly high strength and toughness if examined.

Also Exalts technically do get Epic Attributes. 6 on Exalted is equal to Epic 7 on Scion scale at least Physically Socially its 9-10 depending on the Exalt.
Where did you get that?

Epic Attributes are from White Wolf's Scion game.
Basically they add a certain number of auto-successes to any rolls using that specific Attribute. This is innate to them, so doesn't require use of any special energies.

In other words, it's like a Lunar using their Second Attribute Excellency for free all the time.

Wrong Mortals cannot have Epic Attributes without either Blessings of Gods/Titans or Blood of Monsters/Titans/Gods/Aliens.

I should point out that Epic 7 Strength adds 125 TONS to a Scion's ability to lift. That's unrolled, and without taking in their normal strength or Athletics skills into account.

I doubt a Solar with a Strength of 6 could lift that.

Where did you get that?
I should point out that Epic 7 Strength adds 125 TONS to a Scion's ability to lift. That's unrolled, and without taking in their normal strength or Athletics skills into account.

I doubt a Solar with a Strength of 6 could lift that.
I'm also pretty sure that a perfect effect of "I can Lift Anything" would be expensive as hell.
Dragon Coil Technique followed by Crashing Wave Throw. Can you grapple it? Yes then you can throw it. Hell you don't need to even go past 5 for that combo.

It should be noted also in Exalted 1 is base human 2 is peak, 3 your Hercules younger Brother, 4 stone starts giving way when you walk into walls, 5 start benchpressing walkers for fun, 6 is effectively your a minor God nothing made from those under you can withstand your might.

Effectively at Ess 3 you leave your mortality behind and ascend to something greater. Be it Solar/Lunar/God/Spirit/Abyssal/Dragon no matter what, which in Scion is partially different as your always mortal till you finish your Character and earn enough Legend to become a God.

Which in Exalted is an good lower mid tier thing to finish as.

It should be noted also in Exalted 1 is base human 2 is peak, 3 your Hercules younger Brother, 4 stone starts giving way when you walk into walls, 5 start benchpressing walkers for fun, 6 is effectively your a minor God nothing made from those under you can withstand your might.
2 is actually baseline human IIRC, 1 is below average.
Effectively at Ess 3 you leave your mortality behind and ascend to something greater.
E4 actually. Mortals can reach E3 on their own, it's just a right pain in the ass to do so.

Tyrantviewer, Alexander, I just remembered a certain stuff from a PM that I shared with the latter...it's time for me to reveal it now, since the former is interesting me, though the wall of text gives me a headache.

Alright, not sure if you've made your own ruleset and stuff for this, but I'm writing this purely as an intellectual exercise.

Ayakashi are beings that thrive on Fear of mortals and gains them by spreading their Legend, such as, as you wrote once, the museum Youkai that is capable of creating illusions and phantasmal-looking flames, through spreading the Legend of a museum that causes people to disappear on Thursday evenings (?), and when coming out (on Tuesdays), they said that they were chased through an endless corridor.

This is but an example of how they're capable of getting stronger, through spreading their Legends.

In Highschool DxD, they're also said to be capable of naturally learning Senjutsu, and for the more physical ones, Touki-based skills, not to mention their own variants of Youjutsu, though the lattermost skill, is restricted to the type of Youkai practicing it. For example, a pure-blooded Nekomata/Nekoshou is more or less incapable of learning Frost-based Youjutsu, but it is possible for them, albeit more difficult, to learn it through hard work or some other cheats, such as reincarnation into a Devil via the Evil Piece system.

Youkai, when born/conceived/created/???, have an effective Essence rating of 1 or 2, or in the case of Youkai whose parents are sufficiently strong enough, such as Nurarihyon, or leaders of the Hyakki Yako, the Youkai child's starting Essence would be higher, at most, estimated to be at 4 or 5.

To gain Exp or raise their Essence, Ayakashi must spread their Legends associated with them over an area they have claimed as their territory, thus gaining the fear/respect of mortals that allow them to become stronger. The same applies to them if they were to raise their Epic Attributes, though they'll have to be more creative in the spreading of their Legend if they were to raise/learn an Epic Attribute that is not associated with their particular Youkai species. Examples include, say...a Physical-based Fear user who wants to gain Epic-Charisma, which would require him to learn how to use Presence-based Fear techniques, thus requiring him to add something that affirms the Presence-based Fear aspect in his Legend.
Onis have a better time learning Presence and Physical Fear techniques.

On the subject of mote recovery and calculating total motes of Ayakashi, treat as if they have a new Background rating of Fear, of 1~5 (and N/A) rating, that acts as Cult rating when calculating mote recovery, and similar to Terrestrial Exalts' Breeding rating.

1 dot - Increases mote pool by Essence/2 rounded down +2, increases mote recovery by 3 motes every day/night.
2 dot - Increases mote pool by Essence/2 rounded down +4, increases mote recovery by 5 motes every day/night.
3 dot - Increases mote pool by Essence/2 rounded down +6, increases mote recovery by 7 motes every day/night, +1 Willpower recovery every day/night.
4 dot - Increases mote pool by Essence +8, increases mote recovery by 9 motes every 12 hours, +3 WP recovery every day/night.
5 dot - Increases mote pool by Essence +10, increases mote recovery by 11 motes every 6 hours, +5 WP recovery every 12 hours.
N/A - Increases mote pool by Essence*2 +20, increases mote recovery by 15 motes every minute, +7 WP recovery every 6 hours.

Please note that the above is generic Youkai template. There're other kind of Fear ratings as Background, depending on the Youkai in question, which requires some kind of condition to be fulfilled. For Water based Fear users, they could gain the bonuses noted above when underwater, or in close vicinity to a water source. Furthermore, the more...restrictive the Fear condition is, the more potent the bonus are.

And the N/A is reserved for Ayakashi who somehow gained enough respect/fear from other Ayakashi that they ascended into divinity. I, for one, won't be surprised if said being manages to gather what I tentatively dub the Night Parade of Eighty Million Demons, aka uniting every single Youkai under his/her banner.

Yukari Yakumo comes close when she gathered a Hyakki Yako during her Moon Invasion, but it disbanded during its failure. Assuming that the title of Youkai Sage is not an exaggeration in your quest...she may very well have a mastery of Senjutsu, Youjutsu (which involves Displacement and Creation based Fear techniques, and in her early days, Presence based Fear, in which she hadn't used in centuries, I must wager), as well as Omyoudou. Wouldn't be surprised if she's described as a Super Youkai in the modern world, due to how bullshit her powers are.

...Ugh, now I'm rambling. But still, thoughts?

Last edited:
Dragon Coil Technique followed by Crashing Wave Throw. Can you grapple it? Yes then you can throw it. Hell you don't need to even go past 5 for that combo.
That's got absolutely nothing to do with strength. It lets you substitute your skill in martial arts for strength in determining how far you can throw someone.

No. 1 is weak, 2 is baseline and 5 is peak human. Issei for example has appearance 5. Which makes him "likely the most attractive and desirous individual most people have ever met" emphasis mine. It's a trait he shares with probably a dozen different movie stars and models across the world. Rare yes, but still inside the bounds of human capability.

For another example: Someone with strength 5 is capable of comfortably lifting 450 pounds. The current record holder for strongest man alive bench presses 525 pounds.

E4 actually. Mortals can reach E3 on their own, it's just a right pain in the ass to do so.
I got off the wiki that Essence 3 is when you have to become something greater then Mortal, can you quote where your getting E4 from?
That's got absolutely nothing to do with strength. It lets you substitute your skill in martial arts for strength in determining how f
That's besides the point, it allows an Solar to pick up and slam any object regardless of weight. If a Solar could touch a mountain he could theoretically pick it up and toss it dealing up to 100 bashing Dice to it and the thing being tossed at.

With an Essence 8 Solar and Freedom Stone you can essentially grapple the planet and toss it into the sun by adding 4 more charms.

Not to mention doing it thrice more.
No. 1 is weak, 2 is baseline and 5 is peak human. Issei for example has appearance 5. Which makes him "likely the most attractive and desirous individual most people have ever met" emphasis mine. It's a trait he shares with probably a dozen different movie stars and models across the world. Rare yes, but still inside the bounds of human capability.
Creation differs alot from earth norm an STR 1 SUR 1 DEX 1 Human is still strong enough to farm fairly competently. A STR 2 Guard can wield an daiklave both one and two handed. Dragon Blooded STR 3 can break down doors charmlessly be it wood or stone depending on Martial of 4 or 5. Solar STR 4 can pulp walls if he is stunting with one charm. STR 5 allows you to access to varied charms that when used together with others to break Walkers or pulp fortresses. At STR 6 depending on your build and artifacts literally nothing barring simply better stuff can stop you with perfects auto hits and always Aggravated damage.

Exalted can also keep doing these things alot longer then a Scion can.

That's besides the point, it allows an Solar to pick up and slam any object regardless of weight. If a Solar could touch a mountain he could theoretically pick it up and toss it dealing up to 100 bashing Dice to it and the thing being tossed at.
And that has absolutely nothing to do with strength. You could be poisoned down to strength zero, not enough enough strength to even stand upright and still hurl a mountain at people, because it's a charm. Charms completely ignore causality. Crashing Wave Throw doesn't make you strong enough to throw a mountain, it changes reality so that you, as you are right now regardless of your strength, can throw a mountain. How? It's a charm. They explicitly ignore how. They just decide "this is true now" and reality goes with it.

What's a good example... Okay. Nasuverse, Gae Bolg. Conceptual Weapon. It stabs you in the heart and then changes reality so that it did stab you in the heart to explain how it stabbed you in the heart. Charms don't do that. They skip the second step. Someone attacks a Solar. He counterattacks with his sword using the charm Blind Impulse Strike. The target is stabbed by the counterattack. It doesn't matter that the target is five hundred miles away and in another dimension. It still gets stabbed because the charm said so. The charm didn't change reality so that it was possible for the Solar to stab it, the charm changed reality so that 'fuck you you got stabbed' regardless of the fact that that is completely impossible.

And that has absolutely nothing to do with strength. You could be poisoned down to strength zero, not enough enough strength to even stand upright and still hurl a mountain at people, because it's a charm. Charms completely ignore causality. Crashing Wave Throw doesn't make you strong enough to throw a mountain, it changes reality so that you, as you are right now regardless of your strength, can throw a mountain. How? It's a charm. They explicitly ignore how. They just decide "this is true now" and reality goes with it.

What's a good example... Okay. Nasuverse, Gae Bolg. Conceptual Weapon. It stabs you in the heart and then changes reality so that it did stab you in the heart to explain how it stabbed you in the heart. Charms don't do that. They skip the second step. Someone attacks a Solar. He counterattacks with his sword using the charm Blind Impulse Strike. The target is stabbed by the counterattack. It doesn't matter that the target is five hundred miles away and in another dimension. It still gets stabbed because the charm said so. The charm didn't change reality so that it was possible for the Solar to stab it, the charm changed reality so that 'fuck you you got stabbed' regardless of the fact that that is completely impossible.
Feats of Strength from E1 has an Str 7 (presumably Athletics 7) person (not Mortal) able to diceless one tonnes. E2 has it at one and a half tonnes. Its recommends the storyteller to add an Suxx DC every 1/4th weight over the diceless Feat. Meaning 2500/3750 respectively for a DC of 1.

Now one thing a Feat of 0 (meaning no Athletics and Strength somehow) can lift 40 pounds just to show how bullshit that table is and how it shouldn't be followed. As effectively an malnourished slave can hit you with enough force to kill you.

Also funny thing looking up the Scion Feat of Strength table Epic Strength adds a flat amount an Str 7 Athletics 7 Scion can lift 1400 Pounds adding an Heroic Strength of 7 that adds 32000 pounds for a grand total of 16.27 Tonnes.

Funny thing is to use his Heroic Strength in the Feat the Scion must Channel. Which defeats the purpose of comparing the two as an Channeling Solar can lift and toss up to 10 Tonnes (Virtue 5 Channeling)

Last edited:
Feats of Strength from E1 has an Str 7 (presumably Athletics 7) person (not Mortal) able to diceless one tonnes. E2 has it at one and a half tonnes. Its recommends the storyteller to add an Suxx DC every 1/4th weight over the diceless Feat. Meaning 2500/3750 respectively for a DC of 1.

Now one thing a Feat of 0 (meaning no Athletics and Strength somehow) can lift 40 pounds just to show how bullshit that table is and how it shouldn't be followed. As effectively an malnourished slave can hit you with enough force to kill you.

Also funny thing looking up the Scion Feat of Strength table Epic Strength adds a flat amount an Str 7 Athletics 7 Scion can lift 1400 Pounds adding an Heroic Strength of 7 that adds 32000 pounds for a grand total of 16.27 Tonnes.

Funny thing is to use his Heroic Strength in the Feat the Scion must Channel. Which defeats the purpose of comparing the two as an Channeling Solar can lift and toss up to 10 Tonnes (Virtue 5 Channeling)
Holy, now I'm imagining Issei literally lifting something heavier.

Issei only has a score of 6 so he can only do 550 pounds. That's pretty impressive actually.

Well, I have a OC that while may not be better than Issei, it has E4 prior to be Exalted due to his Sacred Gear(And he hunt enemies that is in the categories Eldritch Abomination level) how much do you think he can lift?

Well, I have a OC that while may not be better than Issei, it has E4 prior to be Exalted due to his Sacred Gear(And he hunt enemies that is in the categories Eldritch Abomination level) how much do you think he can lift?
You can look it up. Exalted Feats of Strength 2nd edition.

I thought Exalted 2E strength feats were more tame? I mean, at Str+Atl 10 you can lift a camel which while impressive it isn't comic book impressive.

I thought Exalted 2E strength feats were more tame? I mean, at Str+Atl 10 you can lift a camel which while impressive it isn't comic book impressive.
The description of the feats don't match the stated Lift capacity. As 10 is 1000 pounds I doubt any Camel weighs as much as half a elephant.

That's about right for a camel actually. A small camel. Some can weigh more than twice that. And an adult elephant can weigh anywhere between three and six tons depending on the breed.
Shush you thinking on 23 hours of no sleep is hard. And I was about to edit it too. Googled some stuff.
Also I want to know where this came from as no versions of Scion I can find has anything that gives Epic Strength 7 250000 pounds.

Can't recall page number but: Core, Books of Sorcery 1-4, Scroll of the Monk/Heroes are the places I remember it being mentioned in.
Funny Essence 3 cap for mortals is mentioned in both the WaBT and SotM. SotM in particular notes that unless your Mortal has at least some Spirit Blood/Dragon Blood in him/her (In Creation who doesn't?) That its impossible to buy Essence 3 and you must change your sheet accordingly if you do.

Also I want to know where this came from as no versions of Scion I can find has anything that gives Epic Strength 7 250000 pounds.
Oops.

Sorry.
That should have been 625 tons for Epic Strength 7.

Found them on various places online, and from friends who play.

Though, found a copy of Scion God, and it said Epic Strength 8 is 6,250 tons

Still more than a Solar can get without using a Charm.

And better table this before a Mod becomes irritated for this derail.

Oops.

Sorry.
That should have been 625 tons for Epic Strength 7.

Found them on various places online, and from friends who play.

Though, found a copy of Scion God, and it said Epic Strength 8 is 6,250 tons

Still more than a Solar can get without using a Charm.

And better table this before a Mod becomes irritated for this derail.
0.0 dude Epic Strength 7 gives 32000 pounds flat also known as 16 Tonnes. The fuck your smoking saying 625? In Setting Hercules the actual Demi God can only lift 500 Tonnes and he is not only 10's across the board in regular and Epic but, supplied with Special Knacks that allows him to reach that high.

Though your right unless a Solar WP and Virtue 5 Channels with a 3 Dice Stunt they would not equal or exceed a Scion that has channelled Epic Strength one higher then their Str and Athletics.

0.0 dude Epic Strength 7 gives 32000 pounds flat also known as 16 Tonnes. The fuck your smoking saying 625?
No.
Scion Demigods said:
••••• •• Adds 22 bonus successes to
Strength-based rolls, as well as 22
extra yards to vertical leap or featof-
strength throwing distances.
Multiplies the Range of a normal
thrown item by 5,000. Adds
1,250,000 pounds (625 tons) to
base lifting capacity.
In Setting Hercules the actual Demi God can only lift 500 Tonnes and he is not only 10's across the board in regular and Epic but, supplied with Special Knacks that allows him to reach that high.
Also no. Just for the record.
Scion Gods said:
••••• ••••• Adds 46 bonus successes to
Strength-based rolls, as well as
46 extra yards to vertical leap
or feat-of-strength throwing
distances. Multiplies the Range
of a normal thrown item by
5,000,000. Adds 1,250,000,000
pounds (625,000 tons) to base
lifting capacity.

No.

Also no. Just for the record.
We are talking of Feats of Strength Diceless things.http://scion-dayone.wikidot.com/cg:epic-attributes
Epic Strength

As the number of automatic successes available to a Scion with Epic Strength increases, so too does the distance over or across which he can jump. One dot of Epic Strength adds one to his Strength for purposes of determining jumping distance, two dots adds two, and having three dots of Epic Strength adds four to the character's mundane Strength for that calculation. The same goes for objects the Scion throws as a feat of strength. The distance he can throw a heavy object is affected by Epic Strength the same way the distance he can jump is. The distance a Scion can throw an object that doesn't require a feat of strength, such as a baseball or a normal-sized throwing weapon, increases dramatically. The first dot the Scion has in Epic Strength doubles the listed Range of that thrown object. The next dot doubles that value again. The third dot doubles that new value yet again. As a result, a Scion with two dots of Epic Strength can throw a normal-sized object four times as far as he could without Epic Strength; one with three dots can throw it eight times as far.
Epic Strength also adds to the amount of weight a Scion can lift. When a Scion attempts to lift something heavy as a feat of strength, first compare his mundane (Strength + Athletics) total to the number on the Feats of Strength table on page 181. The character's dots of Epic Strength then increase that limit by ever-increasing amounts as follows:

Epic Strength Dots Additional Weight
1 +500 lbs.
2 +1,000 lbs.
3 +2,000 lbs.
Bear in mind that the additional weight listed on this table represents the total additional weight a Scion can lift, as added to the base amount he can lift without Epic Strength. For example, if a Scion has five dots of Strength and three dots of Athletics, he can lift 800 pounds. If he has one dot of Epic Strength, he adds 500 pounds to that amount. If he has two dots or three, though, he adds only 1,000 or 2,000 pounds (respectively) to the base 800 pounds. If this character has three dots of Epic Strength, the total value he can lift is 2,800 pounds.
Associated With: Amaterasu, Ares, Hephaestus, Horus, Huitzilopochtli, Izanagi, Ogoun, Set, Shango, Sobek, Susano-o, Thor, Tyr, Vidar, Zeus
Dots Effects
* Adds one automatic success to Strength rolls, as well as one extra yard to jumping or feat-of-strength throwing base distances. Doubles the Range of a normal thrown item. Adds 500 lbs. to base lifting capacity.
** Adds two automatic successes to Strength rolls, as well as two extra yards to jumping or feat-of-strength throwing base distances. Quadruples the Range of a normal thrown item. Adds 1,000 lbs. to base lifting capacity.
*** Adds four automatic successes to Strength rolls, as well as four extra yards to jumping or feat-of-strength throwing base distances. Multiplies the Range of a normal thrown item by eight. Adds 2,000 lbs. to base lifting capacity.
Not Max Lift for DCs. Which doesn't exist for Solars at Essence 6 or higher.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back