• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Advent of the God-Harem King [Highschool DxD/Exalted] (CLOSED)

Err that's the Feats of Strength table from White Wolf sourcebooks. If you had the books you'd know.
You mean the one that is calculated from base strength + athletics and specifically tells you that epic strength is something else entirely? I'm looking at the book right now man.

You mean the one that is calculated from base strength + athletics and specifically tells you that epic strength is something else entirely? I'm looking at the book right now man.
Yes. Note under the Epic Abilities Heading under Epic Strength it tells you for Feats of Strength add these values (1-500 2-1000 3-2000 4-4000 5-8000 6-16000 7-32000 8-64000 9-128000 10-256000) to your Feats of Strength value. 625 Tonnes is your maximum for a Dice Challenge not for a Feat of Strength.

Yes. Note under the Epic Abilities Heading under Epic Strength it tells you for Feats of Strength add these values (1-500 2-1000 3-2000 4-4000 5-8000 6-16000 7-32000 8-64000 9-128000 10-256000)
No, I'm only seeing that listing in the Hero book, which only lists the first three dots. 500, 1000 and 2000 pounds. Not coincidentally, the first three dots of epic strength add 500, 1000 and 2000 pounds to your base lifting capacity. There doesn't seem to be anywhere that says there's diminishing returns after the first three dots. And there's no reason it would be, since epic stats add successes, not dice. They're not potential, they're baseline capability.

No, I'm only seeing that listing in the Hero book, which only lists the first three dots. 500, 1000 and 2000 pounds. Not coincidentally, the first three dots of epic strength add 500, 1000 and 2000 pounds to your base lifting capacity. There doesn't seem to be anywhere that says there's diminishing returns after the first three dots. And there's no reason it would be, since epic stats add successes, not dice. They're not potential, they're baseline capability.
One it multiplied by 2 every level how is that diminishing returns?

Two just like Exalted Carrying Capacity is the maximum you can handle before your Story Teller says the DC is impossible, a Feat of Strength are things you can do without exerting yourself. Such as lifting people breaking stout oak doors or koolaiding a wall. Unless your telling me a Legend 8 Demigod can lift 625 Tonnes without breaking a drop of sweat?

Three the Feats of Strength table and the Epic Strength table is there for a reason I'm not White Wolf publishing and don't know why they did that but, that is how it is.

Now, my original post they are roughly the same for Feat Strength Scion's edging out at 7. That is how it is that is end of the discussion.

Okay since we're going to meet Ma Renka who is a character from HSDK I think it would be good to write a small snippet about this series.
XXX
Sword.

To her it's not just a piece of metal, the one who had enlightened on her road to master the way of the weapons would always treat the weapons as a part of her body. More than anyone in the Ryozanpaku she understood the essence of steel, the birth of the sword and the link to its master.

But the meeting with ... the guy in red gave her something new, something to remind her this world is vast. There are so many secrets she hadn't seen and maybe even weapons that surpassed those made by her father.

She wanted to see them. Shigure couldn't help but feel her heart beat loudly at that thought. While she understood the secret of steel it was the "Spiritual Steel" of a Sacred Gear that set her curiosity to a whole new level.

In the world of Martial Art Masters it is fairly normal for them to enhance their moves with Ki, by the time one trains his skills to the highest he can slice a gun with a wooden stick, all thanks to Ki enhanced. But this Spiritual Steel is different, Shigure considered it was lucky for her to have a chance to study from him.

Not only it could be hidden and called forth in anytime, it also possessed the necessary hardness, durability and weight. However the most incredible function is it can actually change accordingly to the master's will right on the battlefield, which is something entirely new to the young Armed Master. Unfortunately she didn't have the mean to store the piece of Spiritual Steel to further her study due to the fact that this material disappeared after a certain amount of time.

Hence why Shigure had picked up a new goal beside collecting her father's works: To research and learn how to forge the Spiritual Steel into a weapon. A magnificent one to compete with the one he got.

She understood the first step to pursuit this goal: she needed to find a place to ... mine this material? Surely it's not the same iron or other type of ore she knew, so randomly searching around wouldn't work. Even if she could find the mine she would need a method to store and maybe suitable tools to interact with it.

Perhaps this red piece of strange paper would help her, after all didn't it say it would fulfill her wish?

One it multiplied by 2 every level how is that diminishing returns?
The rule is that it multiplies by two from levels 1-3, by 5 from levels 4-7 and by 10 from levels 8-10.
The proper chart should be:

1 -500
2 -1,000
3 -2,000
4 -10,000
5 -50,000
6 -250,000
7 -1,250,000
8 -12,500,000
9 -125,000,000
10-1,250,000,000

The rule is that it multiplies by two from levels 1-3, by 5 from levels 4-7 and by 10 from levels 8-10.
The proper chart should be:

1 -500
2 -1,000
3 -2,000
4 -10,000
5 -50,000
6 -250,000
7 -1,250,000
8 -12,500,000
9 -125,000,000
10-1,250,000,000
Scion's FoS table follows Exalted FoS table. Not to mention at Ten you'd be capable of 625000 Tonnes, your MAX Dice Challenge weight which is NOT a FoS as it is diceless.

Scion's FoS table follows Exalted FoS table. Not to mention at Ten you'd be capable of 625000 Tonnes, your MAX Dice Challenge weight which is NOT a FoS as it is diceless.
Scion's feats of strength table explicitly does not calculate epic strength. The epic strength rules say:
When a Scion attempts to lift something
heavy as a feat of strength, first compare his mundane
(Strength + Athletics) total to the number on the Feats
of Strength table on page 181. The character's dots of
Epic Strength then increase that limit by ever-increasing
amounts as follows
And what follows is the base lifting capacity for each dot of epic strength. You're wrong Bloodshifter, get over it.

Scion's feats of strength table explicitly does not calculate epic strength. The epic strength rules say:And what follows is the base lifting capacity for each dot of epic strength. You're wrong Bloodshifter, get over it.
Stroth I have shown you the Table of FoS and it says right there that a FoS is a diceless action that can be taken over time or stunted to be several combat rounds (provided sufficient preparation beforehand or at Storyteller whimsy). You Max Base Lifting Capacity is the maximum weight you can achieve before the DC is set to infinity or just fails outright. Its explained in the sourcebooks that a Scion cannot lift past his Base Lifting Capacity (Knacks raising this is obviously the exception unless the item in question is heavier then even that.)

Using epic stats is always a diceless action. They add successes. Not dice. They're automatic. There is no DC.

Using epic stats is always a diceless action. They add successes. Not dice. They're automatic. There is no DC.
No its not, they add to actions which is why they add Auto Successes. For Strength you roll against a DC to lift things beyond your Base Lifting Capacity, which can be anywhere over 1. Against other Titans or Gods they work to give you a fighting chance against otherwise impossible odds.

I have ran and played Scion games Epic Attributes do not mean getting diceless actions it just means your getting awesome enough normal human things don't bother you anymore, and that its time to start tossing things like Krakens or an Orgish Minotaur at you.

What part of please drop the topic of Scion Vs Exalted did you two not understand?
Most other people would appreciate not having the moderators came to give warnings regarding off topic posts.

Also please drop the topic as it is getting on other people's nerves and as far as we know Scion Mechanics will have no effect in this Quest.

Alexander is using Scion mechanics for the non-human characters.
I am sorry but I didn't know that.
However can you both please drop the Topic of Exalted Vs Scion Strength please?
Alexander probably already has figured out how most of the systems in the quest works and at least 1 page was filled with posts about this discussion.

Actually, Alexander isn't exactly using Scion mechanics - he merely "borrows" the Epic stats and all.

Well, your post definitely had me come now.

Let's all cool down, guys. If it's not related to the quest, you guys can always take the discussion to the general area.
Thanks Megaolix.

Like kinglugia said, I am not using Scion's Epic Attributes as they appear in the corebook. They're modified to more fit my quest.

Okay, this may be way off topic and very late but, I kinda thought about what kinda Solar Pieces Issei might use. Should I discuss about it on another threat or here? Even though you guys got it cover, I wanted to say my side of the method.

Okay since we're going to meet Ma Renka who is a character from HSDK I think it would be good to write a small snippet about this series.
XXX
Sword.

To her it's not just a piece of metal, the one who had enlightened on her road to master the way of the weapons would always treat the weapons as a part of her body. More than anyone in the Ryozanpaku she understood the essence of steel, the birth of the sword and the link to its master.

But the meeting with ... the guy in red gave her something new, something to remind her this world is vast. There are so many secrets she hadn't seen and maybe even weapons that surpassed those made by her father.

She wanted to see them. Shigure couldn't help but feel her heart beat loudly at that thought. While she understood the secret of steel it was the "Spiritual Steel" of a Sacred Gear that set her curiosity to a whole new level.

In the world of Martial Art Masters it is fairly normal for them to enhance their moves with Ki, by the time one trains his skills to the highest he can slice a gun with a wooden stick, all thanks to Ki enhanced. But this Spiritual Steel is different, Shigure considered it was lucky for her to have a chance to study from him.

Not only it could be hidden and called forth in anytime, it also possessed the necessary hardness, durability and weight. However the most incredible function is it can actually change accordingly to the master's will right on the battlefield, which is something entirely new to the young Armed Master. Unfortunately she didn't have the mean to store the piece of Spiritual Steel to further her study due to the fact that this material disappeared after a certain amount of time.

Hence why Shigure had picked up a new goal beside collecting her father's works: To research and learn how to forge the Spiritual Steel into a weapon. A magnificent one to compete with the one he got.

She understood the first step to pursuit this goal: she needed to find a place to ... mine this material? Surely it's not the same iron or other type of ore she knew, so randomly searching around wouldn't work. Even if she could find the mine she would need a method to store and maybe suitable tools to interact with it.

Perhaps this red piece of strange paper would help her, after all didn't it say it would fulfill her wish?

Love it- and I love the idea of shigure getting into the magical world via trying to make magic weapons- I can see her getting into all sorts of stuff trying to find the materials she needs- for one thing getting involved with angels when she learns they are involved in the creation/maintainance of sacred gears- and then she learns about the excaliburs- Imagine either as a side track to her plan- to learn more about magical swords- she gets caught up in the excalibur adventure when it happens- in fact I hope alexander expands that arc with some of the other elements he has brought in. Or maybe in the future after she has become an expert in spiritual forging- she becomes the one to repair or reunite the excalibur shard.

but what is the red paper? I don't get the reference.

Most likely a slip for contacting devils. Kinda like the stuff Rias and her peerage were handing out to get contracts with humans.

Please bear with me if I make a mistake as I summarize- I don't know how I would attach a word doc to this or if it is possible- moving on

Basically I had magic being an extra- dimentional energy, noone knows the origins (there are many theories) but it comes from elsewhere. It passes through all things on a deeper level (think quantum mechanics) and mages use it by learning to shape it as it passes through. Everyone's metaphysical pattern reacts to the ambient energy that is magic in different ways, in fact every thing reacts differently, animals plants and minerals, natural magical phenomenon occur when geology, geography and magic combine to create things like ley lines (paths of strong magic flow due) and other areas of high or low magic and even more fantastic phenomenon (think the at worlds end level of magicka) since for people this pattern includes emotional and intellectual elements It is possible to direct the flow of mana with training.

The Terms I used were capacitance for how much mana your pattern could hold at once, inward and outward voltage for how quickly mana was drawn into your pattern or expelled from your pattern. Amperage was the same but for amount of energy not how quickly (think of the relationship between the speed of the water and the diameter of the hose) There are more complex details that modified how mana was shaped but basically magic was done via mental and emotional conditioning and ritual behaviors to alter your pattern so mana has a specific effect when expelled, The many ways magic is used all revolve around the many was to do that. It is closely related to the other energies I mentioned

Ki is the energy in ones patter related to one's physical self- master martial artists achieve awareness to shape the part of their pattern related to their physical self to achieve effects, from training and conditioning that makes you faster and stronger than realistically possible, to more esoteric effects like altering one's body shape or life extention- things like dragon ball style ki blasts are when ki adepts approach magic in methods. Overall it surpasses magic in physical enhancement through permanent shaping of the body physically and metaphysically but magic is better in terms of variety and in expelled attacks- ki blasts are much less efficient then spells, because they are more flexible metaphysically and more energy efficient. Mages train to draw in more energy all the time for spells, Ki adepts train to increase their energy, but it is intended to fuel the long term enhancements their other training provides, not immedieatley expelling it as an attack so it is more training to increase how their pattern manages energy reserves- they increase their capacitance instead of their voltage. As such ki adepts tend to draw on that reserve of energy in the physical part of their pattern for effects, so ki blasts can cause physical exhaustion since it draws on that source.

Shamanism or Rei trains the mental or spiritual portion of one's patter the same way (think shaman king) their arts revolve aroud effecting things on the spiritual level, exorcisms, blessings seances, all work via channeling this spiritually attuned energy. More over shamanism works via working with spirits, either via cooperation or domination the energy is channelled through the spirit as well, achieving much more diverse effects- basically using the spirit as a mold or prism- like a mage would shape their own pattern for an effect. This branch of shamanism relies on improving the shaman's spiritual fexibility, awareness and capacity to better shape the energy as it is channeled to achieve effects such as willing possession, allowing the spirit to effect the physical world or as an aid to more complex spiritual feats. It is more energy effecient than ki adepts in external effects, in essence investing in the spirit instead of one's self, but it has the same problem in energy recovery, and is often less flexible than magic because it very much depends on what spirit is involved, Master shamans can control the manifestation via channeling to mitigate this.

Reiki (basically naruto chakra) combines the above two, and strangely enough becomes a lot like magic, training and combining spiritual and physical energy in their metaphysical pattern to achieve effects, they can enhance themselves physically, generate spiritual effects (mainly creating illusions but their are some that have shamanistic esque techniques) and combine them to expel it like a magic spell. the problem is like the above two it has endurance issues- users are limited by their reserves. Many expelled techniques are stylized or flashy- because of the spiritual element requiring a sort of dicipline and imagination that means that established methods can take years as the right training to reliably produce that mindset is developed.

On a social notes while magic is wide spread and so are ki use (eastern martial artists and western knights, basically many long lives martial traditions) and shamanism (mostly in tribal groups or religious positions or as part of certain magical traditions) reiki users are reclusive due to being shunned. Basically early in the history of it's use in the east they were subjected to a witch hunt by the estabishment- advisors of magical and spiritual matters could not percieve it as they could others- to many magic users it was if they were pulling the energy for what they saw as spell out of nowhere. combined with the variety of effects and how it fit none of the other groups the users were demonized- some litterally thinking there was a demonic source or deal related to the source of the energy they were using, other just wanting to drive away threats or competition. Most users are from reclusive communites or hermits- except for those that found patrons or allies that hid them- these became the ninjas either as independent clans or working for a noble patron they honed the stealth potential of thier esoteric art over time. In the modern day the prejudice is mostly gone, because the art is unknown, most think ninja techniques are one the other arts, and they rarely see enough to discover otherwise.

Senjutsu is when a third element is added- essentially adding magic to Reiki- it is dangerous to start adding the power of mana to the metaphysical metabolism of Reiki users, with out training and dicipline to properly filter and mix the energies- the associations in the mana absorbed can create effects such as petrification, spontaneous combustion or transformation and mutation, or more subtle internal difficulties as the mixed energies have a spontaneous effect. True sages consist of certain hermits amongst the ninja or other reiki comunities but there are people that in their life time have achieved certain limited effects, typically only one or more techniques.

in terms other crossovers in the methods there are certain traditions that have elements of the other methods. Most common are those shamans that know some magic or mages that know method for dealing with spirits, then there are ki adepts that have magic talent or study it to round out their abilities over their life time, there are many old master martial artists that know some magic, typically small spells or ones that work with their style of ki use- Reiki is the only mixed use that has a dedicated population and has its own category. Since it all ties back to ones' own pattern when one becomes skilled or expirenced enough overlap in the methods in at least in some small ways becomes inevitable.
Reminds me a little of Mage: The Ascencion.

I kinda thought about what kinda Solar Pieces Issei might use
What is a Solar Piece? If it's the device similar to Evil Piece then no, don't start that debate until we have the mean to actually make it.
Love it- and I love the idea of shigure getting into the magical world via trying to make magic weapons- I can see her getting into all sorts of stuff trying to find the materials she needs- for one thing getting involved with angels when she learns they are involved in the creation/maintainance of sacred gears- and then she learns about the excaliburs- Imagine either as a side track to her plan- to learn more about magical swords- she gets caught up in the excalibur adventure when it happens- in fact I hope alexander expands that arc with some of the other elements he has brought in. Or maybe in the future after she has become an expert in spiritual forging- she becomes the one to repair or reunite the excalibur shard.
It should be better if she focuses on making her own branch of magical weapons/armors, if she's good enough Azazel could let her see how he made his Blazer Shinning Aura Darkness Sword (yes he thought up the name in his chuuni age) so she could enhance it in her way.
but what is the red paper? I don't get the reference.
It's the contractor at the start of the story.

Which is the previous thread of this quest so yes, don't start the debate until Issei has the mean to make it.
You can put it in the Idea thread if you want.
Okay, thank.

Also, I made a new thread, and you will not be amuse, I'll be posting the link:

Link cut by Megaolix. Enough with posting in threads for publicity already.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back