• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Amuro Quest: QQ edition (Gundam/Super Robot Wars OG)

[X] Sit wih Tasuku to keep the discussion
-[X] Ask about the pilots while you're at it just to get an idea of the pilots.

Voting ends Tomorrow night, BTW. You can vote if you haven't voted yet, you can modify your vote or you can post an omake

VOTING CLOSED!
(with a bit of delay due to shenanigans)

[X] Sit with the pilots

3 votes (Alexander, Jedarol, Adyen)

It seems that there is a bit of low down this time.

Omake: A newtype in Brockton Bay
Unfortunately, it seems that next story post is going to be delayed, sorry. It's frustrating knowing what you want to write, but not finding the right words.

As a consolation prize, I am going to post omakes based on the alternate openings that I had in my notes.

Omake

Alternate Openings: A Newtype in Brockton Bay

Amuro recovered consciousness slowly. He remembered crashing in that bay, the damage in Nu Gundam too big for him to do anything else, ejecting and trying to swim out to safety. His last memory was to mange to reach into a place that was near water level and lie there, cold and exhausted.

He didn't feel cold now. He was wrapped in a blanket, lying in a couch, clothed in his underwear. He moved, keeping the blanket and looked around. It looked like an office, an old one at that, given the furniture. There was a paper calendar in the wall, for god's sake!.
The calendar. According to it, it was January 2011. A.D., he guessed. . Whatever happened back there, pushing Axis, it had propelled him back in time, or worse. Over the desk, there was a newspaper, he looked at it, revealing the situation as even more strange. Parahumans? Endbringers?

'Not only the past, but an alternate past.' he thought. He would had remembered if people with such extraordinary abilities existed in the AD era.

So absort he was in reading the paper, that he didn't notice the door opening.

"Oh, you are awake." a male voice said behind him.

He turned to see a tall, gawky man with glasses and a receding hairline. He was carrying a tray with two coffee cups, and two beige cardboard boxes with a gold M on them.

12. News
You get your food and decide to sit with the pilots. You are going to spend a lot of time with them in patrols, after all, and better to know then outside combat. Besides, who knows? They may be personable. As you pass near the other occupied table, you see that some of the crewmen are watching a news program in a small, portable TV.

You two sit with Kyosuke and Excellen, with Tasuku trailing behind you. Kyosuke greets you with curt nod, whileExcellen gives you a big hug. After this, you sit down, when Kyosuke is soon shown to be a man of few words, but you get the impression that he is quietly amused by Excellen's antics. Excellen in the other hand, is exuberant, bubbly and seemingly a bit of a ditz, but you soon come to realize the intellect that lurks behind the façade. No, not a façade, just another piece of a complex personality.

You got to relax a bit, forgetting for a while the whole mess that you have found yourself into. At least until you note that Eun, the bridge officer, who is in the other occupied table is standing up, making signals to all of you.

"Guys, come here, you have to see this!" says Eun, in a tune of urgency.

You go there, followed by the others and see what they are seeing. It seems to be a news report of fighting in a city. 'That skyline looks familiar.' you think, at first curious, and then with a mounting sense of horror as you realize why it's familiar to you. Because you are a veteran of the One Year War.

"...deration forces seem to be repelling the attack of the DC on Sydney." says an unseen reporter "If this continues, it may be... One moment, I got news that DC forces are retreating from the city. Apparently..."

Suddenly there was a big flash that filled the screen, before turning to static for a moment, an stand-by signal and then to the studio. One of the hosts stepped out of frame while the otehr started to talk.

"The live signal from Sydney has been cut in origin, we don't..." said the other host, before his companion returned.
Everybody noticed his drawn face and the paleness in his face, despite the make-up "Sorry to interrupt my partner, but we have just received word from the EFA. The DC has used a WMAP on Sidney..."

"A what?" you ask, sotto-voce, although given what you have seen, you can guess the answer.

"A non-radiactive Nuke, basically." Excellen says, her tone, for once, devoid of any levity.

After this, nobody, even Excellen, was in the mood for eating.

Now what?

[] Work with Tasuku in the interface and other possible modifications to Nu Gundam.

[] Go to sleep

[] Write-in

[X] Work with Tasuku in the interface and other possible modifications to Nu Gundam.

[X] Work with Tasuku in the interface and other possible modifications to Nu Gundam.

doubt well sleep easy with the mess that just happened

VOTING CLOSED!

2 votes (MHLord, Jedarol)

[X] Go to sleep

2 votes (Ayden, Alexander)

A draw, so I'll use both.

13. Going to sleep
Okay, not very inspired, but this part have been dragging on enough (my fault). The new arrival will provide answer and, I hope, lead into a second interlude where we see a bit more of what is happenning behind the scene.

After these news it was no surprise that nobody was in the mood for eating much. So after you end with your food, you leave and go back to the hangar, following Tasuku. With his help, you manage to end the interface in no time, even with time for a preliminary test.

"This is all nice and good for the MG, but if we got Mega Beam Rifles, their hardware is quite more complicated." Said Tasuku.

"So I'll have to do this again then?"

"Probably not, it's based on this one, but don't take my word for it, it have been a while since I have seen one of them." Tasuku said, scratching his head.

"Okay." You say, stretching, and finding yourself unable to repress a yawn. 'How many hours have I been awake?' you think. "You know, I think I'm going to take a nap."

"I'll go to check on my Gespenst, see you."

You go to your quarters and lie on your bed until your eyes close on their own accord.

You open them to find yourself sitting in a comfortable armchair, with a young man with silver hair and blue eyes in front of you sitting in a similar seat, dressed in an uniform not too dissimilar of the one used by the crew. Around you there is only a mass of swirling currents, that make your eyes hurt only by looking at them.

"Before you ask, yes, this is a dream, and yes, it was the only way for me to contact you." Say the man. "My name is Cobray Gordon, and I'm here in behalf of the one who brought you here. I don't promise you that I can answer all your questions, but I'll try to do so, so ask away."

3 questions

[] Write-In

[x]"Am I in this world as a result of that stunt with the Psycoframes earlier?"
-[x]"Is Char also in this world?"
--[x]"Is it possible to fully repair/upgrade Nu Gundam using this world's technology?"

[X] "Who brought me here?"
[X] "How was I brought here?"
[X] "Why was I brought here?"

--[x]"Is it possible to fully repair/upgrade Nu Gundam using this world's technology?"

VOTING CLOSED!

* [x]"Am I in this world as a result of that stunt with the Psycoframes earlier?"

3 votes: EvaUnit01, Jedarol, Alexander

*[X] "Who brought me here?"
[X] "How was I brought here?"
[X] "Why was I brought here?"

1 vote: MHLord

Okay, this time, you won't have to wait so much for the next part, which as you can imagine, is going to be mostly exposition. Other thing, is that while MHLord proposal didn't won, they are pertinent questions, so I'll probably work them into the narrative. See you.

14. Exposition (I)
"A mysterious spirit guide that comes to me in a dream? Talk about cliches." You say, sarcastically.

"As I said it was the only way to talk to you. If you weren't a Newtype, I wouldn't even have that way." Says Cobray, apparently unfazed by your sarcasm. "So, I repeat. Ask what you want to know?"

"How did I end in this world? I thought that it was the resonating psichoframes, but you mentioned that somebody brought me here."

"Sharp as always, Amuro Ray." the man says.

"Do I know you?"

"No, but I met an alternate you in my world of origin." He said before taking a deep breath "And coming back to your question, the resonance of the psicoframes put you out of the space and time for a single moment, enough that the... entity I'm working with could pull you here... I think. The truth is that even I can understand him sometimes."

"Who?"

"Sorry, that is one of the things that I can't tell you." Cobray says, shrugging.

"But, then why I was brought here? I'm a quite good mobile suit pilot, and Nu is state of the art, but I'm only one pilot."

"We couldn't pick anybody willy-nilly, we had to take somebody competent whose disappearance wouldn't cause repercussions in their universe of origin. But the foremost reason in our mind when we chose you was balance." Cobray said "Without entering in many details, to avoid a repeat of its last defeat in an alternate Earth, the other side is cheating, bringing people from another worlds to stir shit up."

"People like Char?"

"No, he is dead."

"Okay, so I'm stuck here for the duration. At least, tell me that I can fix Nu with teh technology at hadn?"

"Well, yes, but I think that Mao Industries would be the people who you had to talk with." He said with an amused expression "Do you have more questions? Time is running short, you know."

Two questions.

[] Write-in

[x]"People from other universes? Like who, anyone I'd know about?" (referring primarily to the Titans and/or Axis Zeon)
[X] "Is there a way back home? I don't mind helping...but this is still not my universe, and I have people waiting for me."

Last edited:
[x]"People from other universes? Like who, anyone I'd know about?" (referring to the Titans and/or Axis Zeon)

[X] "Can you explain exactly what you want me to do? And... I assume there's no strings attached after I do this, right?"

[X]"People from other universes? Like who, anyone I'd know about?" (referring to the Titans and/or Axis Zeon)
[X] "Is there a way back home? I don't mind helping...but this is still not my universe, and I have people waiting for me."

Last edited:
[X]"People from other universes? Like who, anyone I'd know about?" (referring to the Titans and/or Axis Zeon)

Ooh, I like that. Adding it into my vote.

Okay, I'll close the voting tomorrow. If you want to add the second option like EvaUnit01, you are still on time. See you.

VOTING CLOSED!

[X]"People from other universes? Like who, anyone I'd know about?" (referring primarily to the Titans and/or Axis Zeon)

4 votes (EvaUnit01, Jedarol, MHLord, Alexander)

3 votes (EvaUnit01, MHLord, Alexander)

[X] "Can you explain exactly what you want me to do? And... I assume there's no strings attached after I do this, right?"

1 votes (Adyen)

All right, two prtty straightforward questions (and I'll probably also sneak Adyen question). See you.

15.Exposition (III)
"Okay, can you at least tell me why I was brought here?"

"It's complicated... do you know that the conflict with the Divine Crusaders is a sideshow to...?"

"...the real conflict that is with the aliens who sent the bug-shaped Mobile Armors. I suspected as much."

"Pretty much. Their true ruler is an abomination that transcend time and space..."

"And realities, I suppose."

"Yes." He says "He is bringing people from your world and other similar worlds to sow dissension, create chaos and generally be a nuisance. Most of those come from universes similar to yours, you know, where Mobile Suits and specifically Gundams reign supreme."

"Oookay, but you could have picked some pilot from a later U.C. date. Some of the technology that I have seen in the drawing boards..." you stop when you see Cobray shaking his head.

"No, Amuro, it's not the machine, that I was looking for, but the pilot." He says "For good or bad, you are one of the best pilots in any universe, adding a lot of experience on top of your innate skill and your Newtype powers."

You aren't exactly convinced but it's clear that he is going to be keep talking in circles if you press the issue.

"Let's suppose that I survive this, what does happen afterwards? Do I get to go back home? This not my universe, after all."

"Probably not." He says, looking down "I'm sorry, but history shows that Amuro Ray and Char Aznable perished after you pushed back Axis. And frankly, changing history is very dangerous."

You don't like this but before you can try to rebate that, you start to hear a faraway sound, like the ring of an alarm clock.

"Time is almost up. You probably only have time for another question."

You try to find a suitable thing to ask, but the only thing in your head, other than trying to discuss the changing history argument, as the ringing grow louder, is:

"Do I know some of the people you and the other side are bringing here?"

"You are the first we have brought up, and from the others, there have been only somebody from your universe, picked about three years after you... left, and no, we don't now who he or she is." Says Cobray "If we ever bring somebody you may know like Lalah, Four or Quess, I'll try to give you a heads up like this."

"I think that would be preferable." You say as the scene fades and the ringing drowns all other sounds.

You wake up in your bunk, but the ringing sound doesn't disappear. You need a moment to realize that it's the ship alarm. You get up immediately and dress, before...

[] ...heading down to the hangar.

[] ...heading up to the bridge.

[] ...remaining in your quarters, waiting to be called.

[] Write-in.

Sorry for the delay, people, I got sidetracked with another project of mine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back