• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Amuro Quest: QQ edition (Gundam/Super Robot Wars OG)

[X] "That's classified, sorry. And I mean direct orders from the captain of this ship."
-[X] "But I get the feeling that you'll learn about it sooner or later. Ask me again sometime when I get my unit fully working. We can test something out when it's at 100%"

I'm sliiiiiightly nervous that Bullet's brand of ESP could potentially muck up the Newtype-based tech in Nu Gundam.

[X] "That's classified, sorry. And I mean direct orders from the captain of this ship."
-[X]I'm sliiiiiightly nervous that Bullet's brand of ESP could potentially muck up the Newtype-based tech in Nu Gundam.

Don't worry about that, for now.

And we can always test how we fare in Bullet's Gespenst.

Last edited:
Well, that is what always happens with Grunt Mechs. If you choose wisely you may drive a Hückebein III in Gundam colors before getting Hi-Nu.
Sure, but at least the Aestivalis units from Nadesico (or at least Akito's, anyway) and the M-9s from FMP are still viable for longer.

That's cause Aestivalis at least have Distortion Fields - making them much more durable than they would seem. And the M-9s are top of the line units - they're not the grunt mechs you know.

wait, was it ever actually classified or is that something beind made up on the spot?

also, wish i found this sooner

was amuro told that his being from another dimension was classified or not in story?

Ah, that. Well, basically the idea is that they mentioned that he shouldn't tell it until they have an opportunity to think about it, but I didn't mention in story because it was not part of my original plan to have Bullet come to us now. I'll add a line in earlier posts to that effect, if there is no problem.

And done!. Added a line here.

And in other order of thinsg:

VOTING CLOSED!

[X] "That's classified, sorry."

4 votes (Adyen, Alexander, MHLord, EvaUni01). EvaUnit01 added th eline 'And I mean direct orders from the captain of this ship'

-[X] "But I get the feeling that you'll learn about it sooner or later. Ask me again sometime when I get my unit fully working. We can test something out when it's at 100%"

4 votes (Adyen, Alexander, MHLord, EvaUni01)

-[X] Plan to put Lieutenant Luckfield (Bullet) in Nu and test how it works with his own brand of psychic powers.

3 votes (Adyen, Alexander, MHLord)

Wait for something around mid-week.

I'm sliiiiiightly nervous that Bullet's brand of ESP could potentially muck up the Newtype-based tech in Nu Gundam.
I don't think it should be a problem; while it doesn't seem anything but Originals and Amuro ATM, they were roughly analogous in the main SRWs, if differently focused due to the direction the technology went as well as the origins. (One being SOULS NOT BOUND BY GRAVITY! the other being more or less re-activated genes from distant alien ancestry)

I don't think it should be a problem; while it doesn't seem anything but Originals and Amuro ATM, they were roughly analogous in the main SRWs, if differently focused due to the direction the technology went as well as the origins. (One being SOULS NOT BOUND BY GRAVITY! the other being more or less re-activated genes from distant alien ancestry)

Going in a wild tangent, I have always wondered if in UC Zeon Deikum explanation of Newtypes is universally accepted or if there are alternate theories out there, like being a product of exposition to Minovsky particles (shades of 00 here, I know).

Going in a wild tangent, I have always wondered if in UC Zeon Deikum explanation of Newtypes is universally accepted or if there are alternate theories out there, like being a product of exposition to Minovsky particles (shades of 00 here, I know).
In the 'all in one universe' and original universe SRWs, its because reactivated latent psychic genes from alien ancestors.
In the multi-universe smash-ups, the theory is respected but proven inapplicable in some universe.

More or less anyways.

10. Developments
"That's classified, sorry." You say with a smile "But I get the feeling that you'll learn about it sooner or later. Ask me again sometime when I get my unit fully working. We can test something out when it's at 100%"

"Okay." He says, shrugging "I wasn't really expecting an answer right now. And my Gespenst is fully functional, we could see how the T-Link system answer to you."
"Shouldn't we get it cleared with Major Sanger?." You say, cautiously "After all, he is the senior pilot onboard."

"Well, yes." Bullet says "But I don't think that the boss will have any problem."

"All right. Now, if you don't have any other question..." You say, getting up.

"Nothing... Well, a thing. Where does the name Gundam come from?"

"The truth is that I have no idea." You say, after a quick laugh "Well, I have to go to get Nu ready..."

"What are you doing exactly, by the way?" he ask as he follows you through the door.

"Nu systems have problems processing the signals used by the hardware of your weapons. I am designing an interface that should handle the signal preprocessing, as well as a program for Nu systems to handle the data. Also..." you stop when you see he is becoming cross-eyed. "Sorry, I suppose that I'm still that much of an electronics geek."

"A bit." Bullet says "But why haven't asked for proper weapons to be deliv...?"

"It's a one of a kind design." 'More than you can imagine, kiddo.' "I have filled the proper forms, but I'll have the same problems with all standard weapons. I'm thinking on building some on my own, but I'll need time for that."

"All right." Bullet says, obviously adding it to his growing list of things that don't add up. "You should talk about this with Tasuku, though. He knows how all the PT systems inside-out, and could help you with that."

"I'll keep that in mind." You say.

So now, what to do? (Choose two)

[] Keep working in the Gundam (timeskip ahead)

[] Look for Tasuku

[] Look for something to eat.

[] Research

[] Write-in.

As always, you can add stunts.

[X] Look for Tasuku
[X] Look for something to eat.

[x] Look for Tasuku
[x] Look for something to eat.

[x] Look for Tasuku
[x] Look for something to eat.

[X] Look for Tasuku
-[X] Ask him if he's interested in sharing some research and helping a fellow tech-head out while he's at it.

VOTING CLOSED!

[X] Look for Tasuku

5 Votes (Jedarol, EvaUnit01, Alexander, Adyen , MHLord)

-[X] Ask him if he's interested in sharing some research and helping a fellow tech-head out while he's at it.

1 vote (Adyen)

[X] Look for something to eat.

4 votes (Jedarol, EvaUnit01, Alexander, MHLord)

Well, not exactly what I was expecting, but I can work with this. Next part, in a few days.

Ah, would you like me to post a rough timeline of the OG world that I have built from a few sources?.

11.Talking shop
After Bullet walked to the elevator, you decide to follow his advice and start looking for Tasuku Shinguji. If he is as big of a techhead as Bullet suggested, he should be... Exactly where do you expect him to be.

Waist deep in the guts of his Gespenst, fiddling with something inside.

"Tasuku Shinguji?"

"Can you wait a moment? I'm a bit busy right now" you hear faintly.

"I'll..." You start to say before being interrupted.

"Look who is here." you hear from the other side of the platform. You turn and see a blonde woman dressed in a form-fitting red pilot suit. As she get closer, you note that she is heterochromic, her left eye green and her right purple.

"Lieutenant Tarask." You say as you recognize her.

"Lieutenant Ray." She says, stressing that you are now of equal rank, and then asks sarcastically. "So what...?"

Whatever was she going to ask was lost as the last member of Octo Squad, (Bergman? Bagman?, you just don't remember his name) called her from below. Apparently, Major Sanger wanted to talk with her.

"We'll talk later, lieutenant." She says before stepping down the ladder.

"She seems to be pissed." You comment.

"Nah, I have seen her in worse mood when her favorite team loses a match." Said Tyasuku getting out of the bowels. "So, what did you want?"

You explain succinctly the problems that you are having and the solution that you think that could work. Tasuku nods and add a few suggestions that improve your ideas. And from there the talk start to drift onto a variety of topics until...

"...So I told B... the captain 'Next time you go down and solder those circuit boards under fire, while I sit in the bridge.'"
Tasuku snorted and said:

"I can imagine. And what did he say?"

"I got arrested for two days." You say, deadpan, and then start to add, "At least it wasn't like..."

Suddenly your stomach growled. Looking at the hour, you notice that it have been at least twelve hours since you took a bite.

"If you don't mind..."

"Actually, I'm hungry too, let's go. Besides, you don't know where the mess hall is."

He guides you through the corridors of the ship until you both arrive to the mess hall. You see several crewmembers in a table, including Lieutenant Eun, the bridge operator who you talked earlier. On another table, Excellen and Kyosuke are eating, and she seems to be trying to get the stoic pilot to smile with her antics. And of course there are several empty tables.

[] Sit with the crew.

[] Sit with the pilots

[] Sit wih Tasuku to keep the discussion

[] Sit alone

You can add stunts.

Note: except in the last option, and unless specified otherwise in a stunt, Tasuku sits with you

How to vote:

[X] Option
- Stunt
- Aditional stunting or clarification about the stunt (rinse and repeat if you have more to say)

If the vote is multi-choice:

[X] Option 1
- As before

[X] Option 2
- As before

Users who are viewing this thread

Back