• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Amuro Quest: QQ edition (Gundam/Super Robot Wars OG)

...You had a quest where the main character was dead?

[spoilers for Buffy the Vampire Slayer]
It was a Buffy crossover fic, and for thirty chapters the date of Buffy's death was quoted to be a year earlier than it really was. And because I had used that date to calculate all other dates of events in teh series And nobody caught it until I got to rewatch Buffy season 5 finale and saw the tombstone for the first time in several years.
That was one of the reasons that led me to rewrite that particular fic (others included rampant Mary Sue-ness, OOC by truckloads and general shitty writing).
[/spoilers]

Vote tally in an hour or so.

I expected some comment about the interlude.
VOTING CLOSED

Next Story Post:
[X] Try to learn more about what has happened. 3 Votes (MHLord, Adyen, EvaUnit01)
Stunts:
- [X] If possible, get the date as well. 1 vote (Adyen)
[X] Clarify your status with the Earth Federation forces. 3 votes. (MHLord, Alexander, EvaUnit01)

Other Gundam characters in the quest:

* Char:
[Yes] 1 vote (EvaUnit01)
[No] 3 votes (Adyen, EternitynChaos, Alexander)

* Others:
[Yes] 1 vote(EvaUnit01)
[No. Unless it's people that Amuro wouldn't have possibly met.] 3 votes (Adyen, EternitynChaos, Alexander)

Okay, no Char, but the people that I have outlined are fair game.

Next quest post Wednesday.

Another thing I noticed that comes in kind of late - when Amuro says "experienced pilot with combat experience", it might be better (or at least sound better) to say "veteran pilot with combat experience".

Man, I really should've caught that earlier.

Also, GM, mispelled "Mystery Man".

Man, can you imagine if Hathaway or Banagher meets Amuro? It'd be hilarious.

And we must find a way for Amuro to say "I still haven't given up on humanity!" to Gun Eden. It's the only fitting answer.

If Amuro ever did give up on humanity, would he still be Amuro?

Another thing I noticed that comes in kind of late - when Amuro says "experienced pilot with combat experience", it might be better (or at least sound better) to say "veteran pilot with combat experience".

Man, I really should've caught that earlier.

Also, GM, mispelled "Mystery Man".

I'll correct it later.

Man, can you imagine if Hathaway or Banagher meets Amuro? It'd be hilarious.

Hathaway has already met Amuro (CCA), and killed Amuro's last girlfriend, so the reunion would be... strained. Banagher... plot bunny filed for later.

And we must find a way for Amuro to say "I still haven't given up on humanity!" to Gun Eden. It's the only fitting answer.

That is in SRW OG Gaiden or in 2nd SRW OG? Anyway it will be a while before we will reach there.

If Amuro ever did give up on humanity, would he still be Amuro?

In name, but in spirit he would be Ribbons Almark:p

I forgot that Wednesday was Christmas Eve, and that's why there was no update yesterday, nor today. I hope to have it ready by the weekend.

Edit: By the way,

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Last edited:
7.Knowing more
The battleship hangar is quite similar to what you are used to, what makes the differences all the more jarring. Anyway, with Octo Squad and the ATX team already docked, you open the cockpit and step outside, onto the catwalk.

You change out of the spacesuit onto a spare uniform that is your size, and are presented to the rest of the pilots. You note that Ensign Browning's voice remind you of Scirocco's aide, what was her name? Sarah Zerov? Anyway you go to the bridge, where you hope to get some answers.

But everything is in chaos in the bridge when you arrive. Apparently, a bigshot in this Earth Federation called Bian Zoldark has started a rebellion against the government. His reason? The leadership of the Earth Federation was about to sell Earth to the aliens who had just attacked the Hiryuu in exchange for their safety, the real reason of the ceremony in the Antarctica. You don't find it too difficult to believe, thanks to your own experience.

While Zoldark drones about the Divine Crusaders mission (idly, you note that he sounds a bit like Ryu Jose at times), you got a moment to check some bits in the civilian infonets. Yep, it seems that your hunch was correct. The story of this world is considerably different than your own from the last third of the XXth Century AD onwards, although there are some repeating patterns like space expansion and Earth-colonies conflict.

"Commander Ray?" says commander Webley as you shake your head. "Captain Lefina want to talk to you in her office." You look and see that the captain is in the back of the bridge, accompanied by Major Zomvolt

You follow him into a nearby cabin, which has a small table with an incorporated computer, a chair behind it and seats folded against the wall facing the table. After the captain sits, you wait for permission to sit down. You wonder for a moment why the Major is here, but you realize that as the higher ranked pilot in the complement of the Hiryuu, he would the Commander of the Mob... Personal Trooper Group, or in pre-MS terms, the Commander of the Air Group.

"Why are you still standing?" she says in surprise. You realize then that both Commander Webley and the Major had sat in the folding seats.

"Ah... I was waiting for permission to sit down, captain. At least that is what I'm used to..." you debate with yourself for a moment, but you decide that honesty is the best policy "...in my Earth."

You see an absolute lack of surprise in everybody faces.

"You did know this." You accuse

"We had a good hunch after I got one of the technicians to make an examination of the exterior of Nu Gundam." Said Commander Webley, with a smile. "In short words it's either the most unnecessarily detailed hoax ever built, or it's truly from another world. Add that I noticed what you were looking in that console."

"Well, I was hoping to join your forces, but..."

"You are worried that the EFA may have start out as an ensign, or worse, as a enlisted crewman." Says captain Lefina with a charming smile "Don't worry about that. We can register you as an Auxiliary Combatant and you will be part of our complement..."
"...With a reduction of one in rank." Completes Major Sanger, and then explain "It's a holdover from the days where militias and irregular units regularly supplemented the EFA. They didn't want any two-bit warlord to outrank a EFA senior officer."

You keep talking for a while,after that you get out and decide what to do.

Choose two options (this cover the next 8 hours period):

[] Timeskip to the orders

[] Socializing with the pilots

[] Working on replacements for the weapons

[] Research more about the world

[] Go to sleep

[] Write-in

[X] Working on replacements for the weapons
[X] Sleep

I'm actually REALLY tempted to go with Socialize and Sleep (considering we probably have been in combat for nearly 12 hours straight). But if I remember correctly, there's a bit of time between the Antarctica and everything else cause all the ships in that fight suffered enough damage that they needed time for repairs (especially Shiro/Kurogane).

And the Nu REALLY isn't in any shape to be sortied unless it's an emergency.

Edit: Eh. Sleep is important.

Last edited:
[X] Research more about the world (also, find out what just happened).

[X] Go to sleep

I'm actually REALLY tempted to go with Socialize and Sleep (considering we probably have been in combat for nearly 12 hours straight). But if I remember correctly, there's a bit of time between the Antarctica and everything else cause all the ships in that fight suffered enough damage that they needed time for repairs (especially Shiro/Kurogane).

And the Nu REALLY isn't in any shape to be sortied unless it's an emergency.

Yes, but remember that I'm drawing also from the "Record of the ATX" manga. The Hiryuu is going to be dispatched to another mission shortly.

Two things:

* Despite I forgot to add it (I was about to fall asleep over te keyboard when I posted the last part), you can stunt your votes.

* Voting ends with the year.

VOTING CLOSED

4 Votes (Adyen, MHLord, EvaUnit01, Alexander)

[X] Sleep
2 votes (Adyen, Alexander)

2 Votes (MHLord, EvaUnit01)

I'll work with the draw over the second action. Expect the next quest post in the weekend.

8. Tinkering
After the end of the talk with the captain, and a friendly warning to keep you origins a secret for now, you got permission to tinker a bit with teh available weapons, as well as making the requisitions for ammunition and weapons, although given how this Earth Federation seems to have been caught with its collective pants down by the Divine Crusaders rebellion, you aren't expecting them soon.

Well, it is time to work. After an hour or so of looking of what was available, you come back (with the help of a forklift and a friendly chief petty officer) with a big pile of junk. Meanwhile, as per your instructions somebody had brought one of the spare PTs machineguns and placed it next to Nu.

You start by dividing the material for the use that you plan to give them, bringing the electronic components near Nu, in a platform. You have an idea, but you need to check some things up, first.

You open a hatch in Nu and start to checking the wiring and the boards. So absort are you in the inner workings of Nu that you don't hear the steps of somebody else in the platform, but you are spared the embarrassment by a sudden and somewhat familiar psychic feeling of pressure. You lift your head from the circuitry to see a young blond walking toward you. One of the members of the ATX team, you realize... specifially, the esper you noted earlier.

"Lieutenant Ray." The young man says

"Lieutenant Luckfield." you say, remembering his name from earlier.

"Call me Bullet, everybody calls me that, Lieutenant." Bullet said.

"Only if you call me Amuro. So, what brings you here, Bullet?"

"When my team arrived to the battlefield, I... it's crazy but..."

"You felt some kind of mental pressure, and an instant recognition of the person in the other side of the pressure, namely me." Amuro said "Am I right?"

"...Yes." Bullet said. "You felt it too, right?"

It seems that our plans have just got a bit derailed. What to do?

[] Write-In

You can add stunts, if you want.

Last edited:
[X] "This might require a bit of privacy. I don't know how things work...here, but I will share what I know."
-[X] Tell him what you know of Newtypes, and some of you (edited) experience. Helping him acquire a better grasp of his abilities may prove beneficial in the battles to come.

[X] "This might require a bit of privacy. I don't know how things work...here, but I will share what I know."
-[X] Tell him what you know of Newtypes, and some of you (edited) experience. Helping him acquire a better grasp of his abilities may prove beneficial in the battles to come.

And then Kusuha was Four.

I get the feeling you're doing the Gendo Pose.

All according to the scenario.:p

Now, more seriously, the notes are more like guidelines, because frequently I find myself writing things that they weren't in my notes. or were ina different order (for example, Bullet was going to talk to Amuro next day, but the scene thatwas going to be here originally wasn't working despite many rewrites).

I was just picking OG1 back up around the time I found this.

And now I am, as we speak, cash grinding the final map, because to hell with that thing that has HP Regen M on top of a 20% HP regen from the terrain bonus.

I was just picking OG1 back up around the time I found this.

And now I am, as we speak, cash grinding the final map, because to hell with that thing that has HP Regen M on top of a 20% HP regen from the terrain bonus.

It's a bitch to deal with, but if you max upgraded R-Formation then things becomes much easier since that means you can hit him for like 10k in 1 turn just from the SRX team alone.

I can't think of anything off the top of my head. So why not.

Voting Closed!

3 votes (Alexander, EvaUnit01, Adyen)

Well, lets see what I can cook with this.

9. Amuro's Explanation
"One moment, while I finish this." you say as you go back to check if what you are planning can be done. 'I'll have to build myself the pieces, but it can be done' You conclude, as you close the hatch and turn to face Bullet.

"This might require a bit of privacy." You say gesturing around to the bustling activity of the hangar. "I don't know how things work...here, but I will share what I know."

Bullet arches an eyebrow, but nods and follow you through the hangar toward an out of the way storage room. There you sit on a crate before gesturing bullet to do likewise.

"I am what where I am from..." you see from his face that he want to ask "...is called a Newtype. Basically, a kind of esper whose abilities has supposedly awakened due to have been living in space." Seeing Bullet expression, you add with an understanding smile. "Yeah, I know, it sounds like hogwash."

"But I have never..."

"Yeah, I was going to get to that. You feel... off. " you say "Like a magenta ball in a violet field, similar but not the same."

"A... rather odd comparison, that one." Bullet said.

"It was the first thing that came to my mind." You say, sheepishly "Anyway..."

You start to tell him about your life experiences, greatly edited, of course, and focusing in your development as a Newtype. Eventually this led to talk, in very broad strokes, of psycommu technology.

"...and that led me to ask about your... Personal Trooper. The weapon that you used first."

"What? The T-Link Ripper? It's a new weapon which is supposed to be.." he start to say, and then he realizes why you are asking "...thought-activated. Are you thinking that...?"

"That somebody in the EF knows about all of this and is developing weapon technology for use by people like you?" you say, and add without thinking "It has happened before."

"Where, exactly? I mean where are you from?"

Damn. You and your damn mouth.

Well, at least you aren't attacking random people who mocks your name, like Kamille.

What to say?

[] The truth.

[] "That's classified, sorry."

[] Lie through your teeth (specify what you say)

You can add stunts.

[X] "That's classified, sorry."
-[X] "But I get the feeling that you'll learn about it sooner or later. Ask me again sometime when I get my unit fully working. We can test something out when it's at 100%"
-[X] Plan to put Lieutenant Luckfield (Bullet) in Nu and test how it works with his own brand of psychic powers.

[X] "That's classified, sorry. And I mean direct orders from the captain of this ship."
-[X] "But I get the feeling that you'll learn about it sooner or later. Ask me again sometime when I get my unit fully working. We can test something out when it's at 100%"

X] "That's classified, sorry."
-[X] Plan to put Lieutenant Luckfield (Bullet) in Nu and test how it works with his own brand of psychic powers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back