• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Amuro Quest: QQ edition (Gundam/Super Robot Wars OG)

VOTING CLOSED!

[X] Borrow Octo-3's weapon from him.
-[X] You have better thrusters and mobility, so you can lead the group to breakthrough a single area. But you need a ranged weapon to do that.
-[X] "Follow me! We need to get closer to the battleship so we can get some air support."

3 votes (Adyen, Alexander, EvaUnit01)

Okay, next part is going to be long (I want to wrap this part of the arc) and it will be ready later today or tomorrow, with an interlude from the perspective of the OG people later.

6. Big Damn Heroes
At the end I needed two days to end this. I may retouch some of last paragraphs later, though.

When you turn, you see that Octo-3 has fallen, his weapon out of reach, with one of the bugs ready to skewer the cockpit, and presumably the pilot, while the other two personal troopers are too busy repelling the enemy machines. As you take Octo-3's weapon, you attract the bug's attention with your Vulcans, so when it turns to face you shot it at near point-blank range, weakening it and giving Octo-3 enough time to use some kind of energy-charged punch to dispose of it. The situation is dire and you see only one way to survive this.

"Come on!" You say as you shot dead a few of the bugs in front of 1 and 2. "Follow me! We need to get closer to the battleship so we can get some air support."

"Who died and made you boss, flyboy?" asked Lt. Tarask, but anything she was going to add to this was lost forever as you answer, cuttingly.

"Too many of my friends and comrades, Lieutenant. Often saving me of this kind of foolhardiness."

"...Fine." She says, "Octo-3, with him, Octo-2 let's cover the back."

You start to run to the Hiryuu when you hear Tarask swearing through the intercom.

"What is happening, Octo-1?"

"A good deal of those damned bastards took flight, Unicorn."

Now you see them, half of those flying you cutting your advance while the ones in the back cut any hope to go back. The remaining ones go toward the Hiryuu, no doubt to destroy it.

You curse silently. You, against all odds, survived something impossible, only to die fighting possible aliens in a possible alternate Earth. You decide that if you have to go, you won't go silently.

"Hiryuu, this is Unicorn..." you start to warn the Hiryuu about the oncoming bugs when you find Nu Gundam has fallen to the ground. Somehow, without you noticing due to the hundred things happening, one of the bugs had sneaked upon you.

You try to get up, but other bug jump on you, and started to try to wreck Nu Gundam. The Gundarium alloy resist as you try to them from you, but they had you pinned. You already see other bug skittering toward you ready to join the ones over you. Everything seems lost.

And then a miracle happens.

The bugs over you and the one getting close suddenly explode, just after you hear three shots coming from above. and just before a cheerful female voice can be heard over the comms.

"Ta-Da!" she says and adds, "The cavalry is here."

"A flying PT?" you hear Octo-3 saying in disbelief.

You got up and see a white Mo.. Personal Trooper, holding a big gun flying over all of you, as she is shooting more bugs. Heartened by this turn of events you start to give orders to the Octo Squad to regroup, while you take back the machinegun, when the ice behind you start to break and a hulking red and black PT appear from under the ice, jumping into the fray by impaling one of the bugs onto its fin. As it's start to savage the others and you and Octo Squad join in the massacre, you receive a psychic flash, making you look toward a third PT, a white-painted version of the pone that Octo Squad is using.

As if answering you looking at him, two spinning... somethings deploy from the back of the PT enveloped in a green glow that remind you for a moment of the glow of the psycoframe just before... ending here, which proceed to demolish more bugs. Frankly, if people keep appearing like this to save your bacon, you are going to start to feel like Fa, back in the AEUG.

You suddenly remember the bugs that were flying toward the Hiryuu and try to raise the battleship again when a gruff male voice answer.

"Unicorn, this is Assault-1. It has already been taken care of."

After cleaning you learn that the new arrivals are the ATX team, an elite squad tasked with testing prototypes and had been just assigned to the Hiryuu. You also learn that the Hiryuu was late to a ceremony in Antarctica when they were attacked.

Choose two

[] Try to learn more about what has happened.

[] Clarify your status with the Earth Federation forces.

[] Whatever. You had just had a long and grueling day and you can sort all of this tomorrow.

[] No, you don't want to get involved in this, you have had enough crap to last a lifetime in the last fourteen years.

[] Write-In.

[X] Try to learn more about what has happened.
[X] Clarify your status with the Earth Federation forces.

[X] Try to learn more about what has happened.
-[X] If possible, get the date as well.

We sort of promised to do this. We are an unknown, and it's for the best to cease be one as soon as possible. Because Nu needs repairs and new weapons and they can give them to us.

We sort of promised to do this. We are an unknown, and it's for the best to cease be one as soon as possible. Because Nu needs repairs and new weapons and they can give them to us.

True... But the second part is actually a bit trickier... Since it's very likely that they don't even have the technology to create beam rifles at this point of the story.

True, but even a weaker replacement would be more useful than just a single beam-saber.

Yes, but it also means that we can provide them with the how-to of such things, since Amuro would at the very least know the basics of such things (even if not everything due to being a designer and not an engineer).

That could be a pretty big bargaining chip.

Something to consider is that the games seems to show more widespread beam weapon tech than the anime. I have a few notes regarding my take on this, but don't them héroe.

Man, if we get a Boosted Hammer, Amuro is going to be so amused.

[x] Try to learn more about what has happened.
[x] Clarify your status with the Earth Federation forces.

In whichever order works.

Okay, a couple questions regardng future events:

* Char: did he came with us? (I have plans either way)

* Should people from other Gundam shows appear? (this would be for much later)

Char: Yes.

Other Gundam shows: also Yes, depending on which people from which shows. Especially if we can hang out with Judau Ashta, Garrod Ran, and Harry Ord.

I say:

Char: No

Other Gundams: No. Unless it's people that Amuro wouldn't have possibly met.

Well, Char was in fairly close proximity to us when Axis Shock happened, so I don't see any reason why he didn't get sucked up into it as well (speaking somewhat metaphorically).

Well, Char was in fairly close proximity to us when Axis Shock happened, so I don't see any reason why he didn't get sucked up into it as well (speaking somewhat metaphorically).

The main thing is that we would have had to either carry him across the fight (which honestly breaks my SoD completely considering the fight), OR we dropped him when we entered the OG world.

Now, you sure you want a Char wandering around unchecked in the OG world?

The main thing is that we would have had to either carry him across the fight (which honestly breaks my SoD completely considering the fight), OR we dropped him when we entered the OG world.

Actually, Amuro stuffed the Sazabi pod into a cranny of the asteroid before starting to push Axis.

And the other people which I have lined are from Later UC, AC (Wing) and AD (00).

Later UC... y'mean like F91, Unicorn, and Victory? Okay, I could live with that.

Sad that there're apparently not going to be any After War (Gundam X), Correct Century (Turn A), or Future Century (G Gundam) allies.

Now, you sure you want a Char wandering around unchecked in the OG world?
If it makes things even more interesting/challenging for us? Then yes.

Later UC... y'mean like F91, Unicorn, and Victory? Okay, I could live with that.

And don't forget Crossbone Gundam.

Sad that there're apparently not going to be any After War (Gundam X), Correct Century (Turn A), or Future Century (G Gundam) allies.

Not at the moment, but it's most because I'm not that familiar with them than with the others (and you forgot Cosmic Era (SEED) and Advanced Generation (AGE) ).

And don't forget Crossbone Gundam.
Haven't read Crossbone. But then, I haven't watched Victory, either.

Not at the moment, but it's most because I'm not that familiar with them than with the others (and you forgot Cosmic Era (SEED) and Advanced Generation (AGE) ).
Haven't touched AGE, although I do admit that forgetting Cosmic Era was a total derp moment.

Interlude 1: Soaring Dragon/Mystery Man
Amuro Quest: Interlude 1

The Soaring Dragon

South Pole. Weddel Sea

The battleship Hiryuu flew through the sky, to reach its objective. They were late, thanks to a spot of foul weather in the way. Captain Lefina Enfield fidgeted a bit in her chair. This was her first command, hell, her first posting, just out of Space Cadet School on Icarus base. She exhaled and looked to her side, where her executive officer, Sean Webley stood, looking at the bridge officers with an indulgent smile. He had been a pillar of support since she assumed command, even if he had a reputation as a bit of a pervert.

Suddenly she saw Eun Hyojin, a bridge operator in the ship, who also happened to be her best friend since they started together in the Academy, react startled to something in her control panel. She turned to face her and before she opened her mouth she read in her expression that something was wrong.

"Captain! We are detecting EM waves and light emissions indicating battle from the vicinity of Coatsland base!"

While Sean mused about how it could not be fireworks, Lefina though about the ceremony that was taking place in the base.

"Can they have attacked?" she mused, as a cold shiver ran down her back.

Her ruminations were cut short as another officer shouted from his console, whose instruments had beginning to ping menacingly.

"Unknowns in a approaching course! 15.. no, 20... and counting" he said "There is no match in the computer! They are accelerating toward us.!"

"Engaging them would be for the best..." commented Sean.

Lefina took a deep breath before starting to give orders.

"All hands to battlestations! Keep trying to hail Coatsland base! Descend until point 11100 and have Octo squad..."

"Ehmm.." said Eun, before announcing "Captain, Octo squad is already launching."

"I knew it. They don't follow my orders because I'm too inexperienced." Said Lefina, sinking in her chair.

"No, no, no." Said Sean, trying to elevate the spirits of her superior officer "Lieutenant Katina never listen to anybody."

"Captain." Said Eun, in an urgent tone. "Something has suddenly appeared in the stratosphere and it's descending toward this quadrant!"

"Can you identify it?." Asked Lefina, while Sean went to the console in the upper level to check the data.

"Silhouette similar to Mao Industries Hückebein series, but it doesn't match anything in record." Informed Eun.

Lefina looked at Sean, who shook his head.

'No Aerogator known tech either.' Thought the captain, who then gave the order. "Inform Octo Squad and try to raise...whatever it is."

"On it, captain." Eun said before she started the transmission " Earth Federation Battleship Hiryuu calling to white personal trooper in a descent course, identify yourself." She listened for a moment before starting again "I repeat. Earth Federation Battleship Hiryuu calling to white personal trooper in a descent course, identify yourself." Nothing again "I repeat. Earth Federation Battleship Hiryuu calling to..."

"This is Lieutenant Commander Amuro Ray, Earth Federation Space Forces, piloting Nu Gundam." Answered a young man with short curly brown hair and piercing blue eyes.

Eun looked at the captain, who made a hand signal to Eun signaling her to 'go on'.

"We are just about to enter in combat, leave the area or we're be forced to classify you as hostile." Said Eun, the standard warning to civilian vessels entering a combat area.

"Ma'am, this... 'personal trooper' can be of help to you in the coming fight. I'm an veteran pilot with combat experience." He quickly answered.

The slight pause before 'personal trooper' picked Lefina interest, but she sets it aside because of more pressing concerns. Octo Squad was heavily outnumbered, after all.

"Eun."

"Yes, captain?"

"I'll talk with him." After Eun had changed the view to her, she said, trying to sound like a seasoned captain "I'm Captain Lefina Enfield, Lieutenant Ray." She paused for a moment, before saying the words that would commit her one way or another "Octo Squad in is need of help, so go to help them."

After that, it was simply the matter to give him the frequencies and asking for a callsign, that to Commander Webley's amusement turned to be "Unicorn".

"I hope that it won't come to bit us in the butt." Said Lefina, in a low enough voice that only Sean was able to pick her.

"I don't think so, Captain." Said Sean "Besides, you know the regulations for Auxiliary Combatants in wartime."

"You think that we are in war?"

"The Aerogators have never attacked so openly. And something has happened in Coatsland Base." Said Sean "We need to fill a report for Military intelligence, anyway."

Mystery Man

Geneva, Earth Federation Capital. A few hours later

He should have seen it coming, but he had been lulled on inaction for the fact that Doctor Bian Zoldark seemed to have been listened this time around. Now this Earth would have both to contend with both the Divine Crusaders and the Aerogators. The only thing that he could do now was to help behind the scenes, pushing technical development in the right direction, and not to try to use his gift.

Anyway, time to work. Many reports from all over the globe, detailing the attacks from the DC, including the use of a MAPW on Sidney to subdue a garrison that was fighting too well for the local commander of the DC tastes.

'At least they didn't drop a space colony on the city.' He thought, remembering something. 'Goddamned Gih... One moment...'

He noticed that one report from the Hiryuu had been flagged by one the programs that he was supposed to not have installed in the EFA computer net. He opened it and started to read it. He already knew of the Aerogator attack on the ship, but he wondered what...

Amuro Ray

Nu Gundam

'Shit!' he thought.

He reclined back in his chair, thinking. A version of Amuro and the Nu Gundam had appeared on this universe. He wondered how many ghosts of his past were going to appear. Nonetheless, he had to talk to him, to know the circumstances of his appearance and if he was one of the alternates that he was familiar with.

But unfortunately, the orders for Hiryuu prevented this at the moment. But once that the Hiryuu returned, Gilliam Yeager would be expecting them.

Last edited:
Tomorrow, I'll get the votes for the next post and future additions to the cast (so you can still change your vote). Another thing, I have found a temp job, so the rate of posting may be a bit more irregular than before.

Nitpick: Amuro is a Lieutenant Commander at the time of CC

Lol... It's kinda weird that I only noticed this now when we mentioned this before in the previous vote.

Well, at least it's not like one of my first fics, where I ended the fic before anybody noticed that I had the death date of the main character wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back