• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Blacksmith quest :Take Two

It's like it is less about what you do and more about how lucky you are. Though I suppose the choice effects how many rolls are needed.

[X] Apologize. It's not her, it's you. You don't feel comfortable jumping into an S&M relationship with a stranger, you like taking your relationships slowly.

Mignonette, don't do bumps and try to disguise them as votes, especially when it has already been called. Just wait.

Was it called?

Eh, I should read through all the way

"I'm sorry," you whisper earnestly.

Strangely, your gentle tone hits her like a bucket of ice cold water and she bolts away from you. She doesn't go far as her hand is already in your gentle, yet firm grasp and you press your lips to it delicately. "I can't accept your feelings."

"It's not you, it's me. I sure you are a wonderful girl," you swear as you gaze sadly into her bewildered, starry eyes. Her face wears a most attractive shade of pink as your actions leaves her speechless. " But we've just met. I just wouldn't feel comfortable jumping into an S&M relationship with you."

A series of emotion flashes on the girl's face as she slowly makes sense of your words. Finally it settles on scandalized indignation as she jerks her hand free with a distinctly unladylike growl. She raises her remote control and...

Resisting a mind assault is magecraft 101. Magi are so in tune with magical energies that it is impossible to introduce a foreign energy without their notice, and their very body reacts to expel the presence before they consciously work on it. As such, a mind attack is very unlikely to succeed against a magus, even with the element of surprise. Against one aware and prepared, it is doomed to failure.

...So it comes as something of a surprise when you once agains lose feelings in your body and your mind nearly shuts down.

You don't know if she had to split her powers between all her targets or because she was holding back before, but the new assault is on a whole different level from the previous one, its effect on you frighteningly close to what you'd have expected from Medusa's Mystic eyes Cybele.

Two days in this new reality and you've ran into yet another teen with abilities close to a Divine spirit.

This is worrying you, just a little bit.

Thankfully with her outstanding power, the girl probably never had to fight to assert her control. The overwhelming pressure lasts only for the press of a button, leaving you free to dispel the sorcery before it takes you over completely.

You pat her on the head. "Now, that's not very nice," you say patiently. The girl flinches fearfully, stunned by your resilience.

"You... How?"

"Don't worry, I'm sure there is a nice boy somewhere who can accept you for who you are, deviancy and rampant control issues included."

She takes the jibes about as well as the previous ones, using the fresh wave of annoyance to overcome her confusion. She steps back and crosses her arms under her breasts. "I don't like being toyed with," she says imperiously.

You raise an eyebrow. " Is that so? In that case, surely you understand why a bystander would not like receiving your tender mercies for no reason at all."

"A gentleman would have stepped in," she explains. "Your lack of gallantry made you fair game."

You nod seriously. "I see. It makes perfect sense indeed." Then your face breaks into a knowing smirk. "It certainly wouldn't be that you were too lazy to properly select your target, would it?

The girl grumbles quietly, clearly not willing to continue on the subject. "Who are you?" She asks finally. "I didn't know there were another person in Academy city that could counter my interference powers."

[] Introduce yourself. It won't cost you a thin, right?
[] Give her a fake name. You'd rather not give a lead to the overpowered mind controller.
[] Oh, look at the time! Sorry, you have somewhere to be.
[] ...?

[X] Introduce yourself. someone with her ability would have an easy time finding you even if you lied.
--[X] "Also I didn't step in because it was obvious that you were simply annoyed and didn't feel threatened by them. I have meet far to many capable members of the fairer sex to assume you're helpless right off the bat."

[X]Introduce Thine Self.
-[X]" You're bearing radiates your capability for all the discerning to see. It would have been an insult to help when you did not need it at least that's what I been taught. Not sure it was a good lesson though."

[X] Introduce yourself. someone with her ability would have an easy time finding you even if you lied.
--[X] "Also I didn't step in because it was obvious that you were simply annoyed and didn't feel threatened by them. I have meet far to many capable members of the fairer sex to assume you're helpless right off the bat."

[J] "I'm just a passing-through Kamen Rider Archer." :p
[X] "It's normally polite to introduce yourself first when asking for another's name."
--[X] "Also I didn't step in because it was obvious that you were simply annoyed and didn't feel threatened by them. I have meet far too many capable members of the fairer sex to assume you're helpless right off the bat."

Make her work for her answers!

X] Introduce yourself. someone with her ability would have an easy time finding you even if you lied.

How does the mind control ability, what little we have seen from her, equate to being able to find out where and who we are?

And seriously, we need to be snarky. Snarky Archer is best Archer.

Scope said:
How does the mind control ability, what little we have seen from her, equate to being able to find out where and who we are?

And seriously, we need to be snarky. Snarky Archer is best Archer.
use mind control to produce a large number of scouts for find us for her and mind control someone so she can skim through a list of of male students that have our hair color are two ways.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wow, that went well. And snarky Archer is best archer :D

Last edited by a moderator:

"I don't take all the pretty girls I meet for damsels in distress, you explain with a shrug. "I know too many capable women for that. To me, it looked like you had it handled."

Your backhanded compliment draws a ghost of a smile off the defensive girl.

"Then again, maybe I should have protected them from you."

And now it's gone. Oh well.

"I am Emiya Shirou, second year at Amanogawa academy."

"Amanogawa? I heard about it!" She taps her chin pensively. "It got a pretty good reputation as an institute, right? Despite clinging to that one oddball project.I suppose I can accept that they've produced a student with an ability that can deflect my interference powers~" She nods happily. "What level are you? 3? 4?"

"Level 1 actually," you announce brightly.

She blinks at your answer and then explodes in laughter. "So weak, yet so extroardinary. Aren't you a mystery~"

Her phone starts beeping. "Oh dear, my time is up." Hurriedly, she gathers her groceries and runs toward the exit. "I have to go now. Goodnight, Shirou-chan. I'll be checking on you."

"You haven't told me your name yet!" You shout after her.

She spins in the air and looks back at you. "Isn't it obvious? There's only but one Tokiwadai students with my powers. That's Shokuhou Misaki!" She announces with a strange three-fingered salute.

With a last smile, she disappears into the night.

"What a bold girl," you let out tiredly. "She didn't even pay for her shopping."

Ah well, you don't feel like running after her for that. After such a busy night, you're very happy when you shut your front door behind you without another trouble springing at you.

It's fairly late now and you're supposed to go to school tomorrow. Emiya seemed to entirely rely on his laptop for school matters, so aside from your club gear, you won't have much to carry.

[]Go to sleep.
[]Plan your route for tomorow morning.
[]...?

Did we happen to learn of the so-called oddball project ourselves when we researched our old life on the laptop?

Edit:
Also

[X] Go to sleep.

Pipeman! When it is time, roll for sleep!

[X] Look up Shokuhou Misaki on the Internet

She's one of the Level 5s, right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back