• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Cosmos Quest (Naruto/Lupin III)

You got a vote, there, Hymn?

You... you aren't leaving me for Rosencrantz, are you? :'(

Last edited by a moderator:
[X] Stick around here; Momiji mentioned offhand that that Sorato character is in his next class

I haven't been voting because I haven't had a vote I felt strongly about! But....oh fine, lemme reread the arc so I can make an informed decision....

That took longer than I thought. Well, we were told to keep an eye out for Sorato, so better get on that. Can't go skeeving off without at least trying to get a lock on this guy.

[X] Stick around here; Momiji mentioned offhand that that Sorato character is in his next class.

Also, leaving you for just Rosencrantz? Clearly you have not encountered Shibosho and his Killer For Hire Quest. It's amazing and unrepentant villain protagonist that is still hilariously. And, thanks to some efforts, painfully cute to everyone around him. Despite being a remorseless killer with no empathy.

I'm not sure you know of this....

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8868025/1/Just-An-Unorthodox-Thief

Just in case. It recently came to my attention over at BL, although I haven't read it yet, an author who I think has good taste seems to enjoy it. You may as well, even if you aren't familiar with F/Z.

Hymn of Ragnarok said:
I'm not sure you know of this....

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8868025/1/Just-An-Unorthodox-Thief

Just in case. It recently came to my attention over at BL, although I haven't read it yet, an author who I think has good taste seems to enjoy it. You may as well, even if you aren't familiar with F/Z.

^/////^ That is glorious. They even stuck in that shout-out kid from that one show!

[X] Now man is born to come a-lovin'

You decide to stick around to size up your future opponent. Well, hopefully it won't come to that; people tend to be less likely to steal stuff if there's a good chance they're expected.

People other than you, you mean.

"Is that Whirlpool story true?" one of the guys asks you.

You shrug. "How would I know? I'm not from Whirlpool."

"Yeah, but you're a ninja," he persists. "You guys always have stuff goin' on that you don't tell normal folks about."

"Maa..." You wince, embarrassed. "That's true, but it's not like we're all in some secret club where we tell each other everything. Who's gonna tell me about secret magic experiments in another country? I'm a genin; I'm lucky if Asuma-sensei tells me why he gives me the orders he does."

"That's awful," a young female voice says.

Looking to your right, you see a violet-haired girl with a worried frown on her face.

Oddly for you, the first thing you notice about her is her makeup. But then, her makeup itself is pretty odd; there's none of the youthful playfulness you see on most teenage girls, no impish attempts at a daytime smokey eye or a shimmery blush. Just perfectly-lined coral-coloured lips, pristine matte foundation, a neutral brown eyeshadow, immaculately-curled eyelashes, and - you notice when she reaches up to remove her sunhat - the kind of manicure your mother calls 'white lotus' but which your mind insists on referring to as 'French'. Her dress continues the trend; almost certainly designer, definitely custom-tailored, and exactly what's in style, no more, no less.

"Some big-shot's daughter."

"Kept woman longing for excitement."

"It's always 'kept woman longing for excitement' with you!"

"Call me an optimist! You gonna take the bet or what?"

"Why hello there," you say with a smile. "Who might you be?"

"My name is Mei," she says, before elaborating on her earlier theme: "It's terrible that your teacher treats you like that! You're not a pawn!"

You blink. Hello, projection, fancy meeting you here. "Of course I'm not. What I am is a rookie. You hafta admit, it'd be really stupid to let a greenhorn thirteen-year-old run around doing missions by herself."

"What's so stupid about that?" a new voice says, sliding up from behind Mei and wrapping an arm around her.

The voice is attached to an unassuming-looking young man with blond hair..

"Sometimes you do your best learning on your own," he continues, adding, "well, at least, I do."

"There's a reason for that, dumbass," Mirioni mutters, and Jonouchi smirks. Mei shoots them both a glare.

"True enough," you concede, a small smile playing on your lips, "but if self-improvement were my game, I'd've joined a Toastmaster's circle. I'm in this line to travel, see the sights." You wink at Mei. She just looks confused.

"But if that's the case, why not become a merchant?" Blondie asks, smiling a charming good-boy smile. "Or an actress - you're certainly pretty enough."

Mei stiffens for a moment, then relaxes as if nothing happened.

[X] Oh, what the fuck. "Oi. In case it's slipped your mind, your girlfriend is right next to you. That's no way to treat a lady."

[X] "I know." You smirk. "But actresses only pretend to have adventures. Kunoichi get to experience the real thing."

[X] Past life pop-culture-reference-machine, SWITCH ON:
-> [X] *shrug* "Oh, you know. They were hiring? And it was only a two-week course."
-> [X] Write-in

[X] Oh, what the fuck. "Oi. In case it's slipped your mind, your girlfriend is right next to you. That's no way to treat a lady."
-> [X] *shrug* "As for your question... you know. They were hiring? And it was only a two-week course."

Wait I somehow have the feeling that it is not the girlfriend part that is the issue here. With her projection issues is it not also likely that she does not want to be a Kung Fu fighter and instead yearns for the glamors of acting?

-> [X] *shrug* "Oh, you know. They were hiring? And it was only a two-week course."

[X] "Eh. Some things are in the blood."
-->[X] Make a point of ignoring the pedo flirt and lavishing attention on the pretty lady.

[X] Shrug. "I'm of the opinion that a woman can do anything she wants to, including the things which seem contradictory. Don't they say that's a woman's prerogative, changing our minds? Why couldn't I be a kunoichi merchant actress?"
[X] Possibly throw in something about how we'll pass on the kung fu death machine option though, we was never very good at taijutsu classes. Which is true, from our perspective; being too fast to hit doesn't make us a taijutsu master.

While I don't think it's WRONG to call Ino here pretty enough for it (Let's face it, being pretty is a very helpful attribute in that, as well as many other, lines of work), whether it should be said is rather dependent on the target audience (Ino) and how good the girlfriend (Mei) is with it.

Also, I remember we were warned to never let him touch us, and he's got his arm draped around Mei. Poor girl. Maybe. We don't know enough although this guy does make my hackles rise.

For all we know he's using pheromones or something to keep Mei from snapping at him for borderline flirting, something relaxing. I say borderline because it can be interpreted several ways.

I have one reason for this: it so that we show our outrage and we find out Mei is, for some reason, alright with this. And when she says it she either means it or there's a flicker of something else before it's washed away.

In other words, press this new development for more clues.

[X] "I know." You smirk. "But actresses only pretend to have adventures. Kunoichi get to experience the real thing."

He's a kung fu guy. I don't think DBZ has mind-controlling pheromones or anything.

[X] Shrug. "I'm of the opinion that a woman can do anything she wants to, including the things which seem contradictory. Don't they say that's a woman's prerogative, changing our minds? Why couldn't I be a kunoichi merchant actress?"
[X] Possibly throw in something about how we'll pass on the kung fu death machine option though, we was never very good at taijutsu classes. Which is true, from our perspective; being too fast to hit doesn't make us a taijutsu master.

Guile said:
He's a kung fu guy. I don't think DBZ has mind-controlling pheromones or anything.

We are in Naruto, and bloodlines are a thing. Kind of nefarious, I admit, and maybe it really is nothing. It's still something I'd rather poke to see what happens, just to get a better idea of what we're dealing with.

[2] Oh, what the fuck. "Oi. In case it's slipped your mind, your girlfriend is right next to you. That's no way to treat a lady."

[2] "I know." You smirk. "But actresses only pretend to have adventures. Kunoichi get to experience the real thing."

[2] Past life pop-culture-reference-machine, SWITCH ON:
-> [2] *shrug* "Oh, you know. They were hiring? And it was only a two-week course."
-> [X] Write-in

[2] Shrug. "I'm of the opinion that a woman can do anything she wants to, including the things which seem contradictory. Don't they say that's a woman's prerogative, changing our minds? Why couldn't I be a kunoichi merchant actress?"
-> [2] Possibly throw in something about how we'll pass on the kung fu death machine option though, we was never very good at taijutsu classes. Which is true, from our perspective; being too fast to hit doesn't make us a taijutsu master.

[1] "Eh. Some things are in the blood."
-->[1] Make a point of ignoring the pedo flirt and lavishing attention on the pretty lady.

I'll change my vote to
[X] "Eh. Some things are in the blood."
-->[X] Make a point of ignoring the pedo flirt and lavishing attention on the pretty lady.

[x] "Eh. Some things are in the blood."
-->[x] Make a point of ignoring the pedo flirt and lavishing attention on the pretty lady.

[X]"Eh. Some things are in the blood."

-[X]Make a point of ignoring the pedo flirt and lavishing attention on the pretty lady.

Uh....people really think it's wise to be essentially flirting with the girl and ignoring the guy? Cause if you're going to 'lavish attention on the pretty lady' then what do you think is gonna happen?

I'm just saying, as bad a form as it can be for the guy to flirt with Ino right besides his girlfriend? We're essentially do the same thing but moreso with his girlfriend.

Is your objection moral or practical?

[1] Oh, what the fuck. "Oi. In case it's slipped your mind, your girlfriend is right next to you. That's no way to treat a lady."

[2] "I know." You smirk. "But actresses only pretend to have adventures. Kunoichi get to experience the real thing."

[1] Past life pop-culture-reference-machine, SWITCH ON:
-> [1] *shrug* "Oh, you know. They were hiring? And it was only a two-week course."
-> [X] Write-in

[2] Shrug. "I'm of the opinion that a woman can do anything she wants to, including the things which seem contradictory. Don't they say that's a woman's prerogative, changing our minds? Why couldn't I be a kunoichi merchant actress?"
-> [2] Possibly throw in something about how we'll pass on the kung fu death machine option though, we was never very good at taijutsu classes. Which is true, from our perspective; being too fast to hit doesn't make us a taijutsu master.

[4] "Eh. Some things are in the blood."
-->[4] Make a point of ignoring the pedo flirt and lavishing attention on the pretty lady.

Just a heads-up, I'll be leaving things open for another two hours, then I'm goin' with what I've got. If you wanna change your minds in light of what Hymn's said, now's the time.

FurikoMaru said:
Is your objection moral or practical?

With regards to Ino's morals? If she considers this blatant flirting to be immoral, then I would consider her doing the same to also be immoral and hypocritical besides.

Practically speaking? Mmm.....yes, I still think it's stupid because it's revealing our preferences, could spark rumors, antagonizes the guy, and may even alienate the girl. If we want to stir shit up and see what happens, there are better ways with less risk.

Namely, calling him out on his actions.

I'll switch to:

Because even if I think it's subpar it's still better than the current lead.

Hey! I'll have you know that my write ins not going as planned is EXACTLY according to scenario!

... Wait, that sounded better in my head...

Planning for things to go wrong and accounting for how they go wrong is fine. I just can't see how your plan going wrong is amusing, as you seem to think it is. And I have a dark sense of humor.

But this kind of lack of foresight in what's been played as something smooth with actual game? So either Idiot Ball for a moment, or deliberate, and I don't see what we could gain from your plan that we couldn't gain with less embarrassment and hypocrisy some other way.

At least this guy's compliment/flirting is fairly subtle, he can play it off as not meaning anything like that, we wouldn't be subtle or smooth at all.

Hymn of Ragnarok said:
With regards to Ino's morals? If she considers this blatant flirting to be immoral, then I would consider her doing the same to also be immoral and hypocritical besides.

It's worth remembering that Lupin is a gigantic hypocrite when it comes to women. He's got this rather confused position where he thinks of them as people, sex objects and fleurs délicat all at the same time. Combine that with his inherent competitiveness, and this is the basic result.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back