• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Esquestria: The House of the Sun - A pony cultist experience

Does anyone with more familiarity with MLP have any idea what that is?
Device given to Twilight in season 9 when she is about to become Equestria's main Princess right before the Sisters retire that can manipulate the movements of the sun and the moon. That is basically confirmation she is planning to get rainbow blasted.

Edit: It is a wind-up watch-like thing, that is why it has the handle.

Last edited:
Funnily enough, I think I remember a mention of just such a device in the other thread somewhere. I think… Velvet sketched it out at some point? During one of the Realizations. Or maybe it was an omake. I also vaguely remember Bird mentioning at some point that there was a possibility we would have to construct it if certain paths had been taken, or something.

I am now both happy and not that the Royal Guest didn't win now, the possibility that Celestia might have willingly removed herself (and Dawnbreaker) from the board would have been a game changer. One less outsider for the rivals to get the Blood from, one less threat to hover over Velvet like a Sword of Damocules but in turn one less pillar for Ponykind to rely on.
It is now a history that wasn't but the thought of it is intreging nonetheless.

Welp. We found the other shoe.

I still think that, when we get to vote on discussions with Luna, we need to lay EVERYTHING on the table. She is, arguably bar none, the best ally we have right now and we need to avoid poison secrets.

She will be deeply disappointed in some of the things we have done, but I think she needs to know the situation in the same way we do if we are to move forwards. Especially now we know that Celestias mental state is a glass pot holding back a primed nuclear warhead.

Welp. We found the other shoe.

I still think that, when we get to vote on discussions with Luna, we need to lay EVERYTHING on the table. She is, arguably bar none, the best ally we have right now and we need to avoid poison secrets.

She will be deeply disappointed in some of the things we have done, but I think she needs to know the situation in the same way we do if we are to move forwards. Especially now we know that Celestias mental state is a glass pot holding back a primed nuclear warhead.
Agreed.

We also really need to keep an eye on Twilight because if Celestia's plan is to be sealed by the Elements she can't find out about Twilight's mental state, that definitely would be enough for Daybreaker to win. I know it was said we wouldn't do anything but in this case it might be the only option we have.

Mm. I'm still worried about the arms race. Not just because Celestia learning Velvet has lores is a problem—especially now that we can't have Luna give us a solid excuse—but because , well… how long do you think it would take for her or Eclipse to learn enough to create a scrying ritual? One that might actually find Luna who is now actively hiding from her on purpose?

And the damage such a revelation might cause to her psyche.

So for the arms race should we be searching for Moth Artifacts on Expeditions or should we be focusing entirely on Sacrament and Lore scraps, I feel that a single artifact might bump our stealth possibly the equivalent of 2 or 3 levels of realisation but the trouble is then in finding, aquirering and then also having on our person at all times without it being conspicuous whereas the other option is more subtle but also requires a moral cost and I feel would be slightly slower to rack up the stealth bonuses (was it +5 a level idr?).

how long do you think it would take for her or Eclipse to learn enough to create a scrying ritual? One that might actually find Luna who is now actively hiding from her on purpose?
I know we have lots to worry about, but I'm not sure about this? Eclipse is just barely sticking its toes into the Lores, rituals are a long way away. And it doesn't really seem like Celestia is looking for Luna, anymore?

I guess things can always get worse, but I think the "Velvet knows about the Lores" discovery is more of an issue than anything else.

And then you light up your horn, a wave of magic running through your body until you are a filly once again.

Yes, this is… this is what you are going to do. You think you are in shock, but… everything will be alright if you just go downstairs and have breakfast.

You are Selene. You are a filly with a blank flank, who just woke up on the last day of a weekend.

And... and everything is fine...

Everything will be fine, as... as long as you...
Also, wow this hurts more the more I read it. Because, uh…Luna retreating to Selene's form is just, really fucking sad when you remember that it's exactly what she did to escape the Worm memories.

This isn't as complete, of course, but it's a really really bad sign that this is her coping mechanism. Velvet is going to have to give lots of hugs very quickly.
I know we have lots to worry about, but I'm not sure about this? Eclipse is just barely sticking its toes into the Lores, rituals are a long way away. And it doesn't really seem like Celestia is looking for Luna, anymore?

I guess things can always get worse, but I think the "Velvet knows about the Lores" discovery is more of an issue than anything else.
Oh it's not the main worry or anything, but it is a worry in my mind. Especially if she removes herself from pony society entirely, since there won't be a reason not to go looking again. And while yes, it'll probably take a good long while to reach that point, I figure them working out a ritual will probably be harder to counter than just hiding from Celestia's eyes personally, especially since we… don't really meet her in person often, I don't think.

A ritual would also require them to know rituals with the lore are a thing as well wouldn't it? Like 2 circle rituals (which I think scrying is idk) were only unlocked by entering the blank door, seeing the ritual circles and then the epiphany of 'oh this is how it all fits together, we can use this for these purposes'. So with the Wolves replacing the Woods and the realisation that Celestia learning about anything being apocalpyse, that might just shift Velvets view on Lore researchers in Equestria being enemies so the Wolves might prevent them from reaching the Blank door for a while, not even mentioning that if they reach it while wounded by the Wolves and go through without understanding, the wound the door would take as payment for that might just straight up kill them.

Yeah. Eclipse also doesnt have Velvet Covers to fucking supercharge it like we did for the Cult.

Remember, we are even by in universe standards a terrifying talent. We outpaced most of our peers in their own specialty Lores back when the Cult was still setting up.

So for the arms race should we be searching for Moth Artifacts on Expeditions or should we be focusing entirely on Sacrament and Lore scraps
I think a Sacrament about "learning to be somepony else" and "donning a mask" could be pretty useful in hiding ourself from Celestia's burning glare!

And we're only one scrap away, and one social action + leash from having a Confidant we could use it on.

I think a Sacrament about "learning to be somepony else" and "donning a mask" could be pretty useful in hiding ourself from Celestia's burning glare!

And we're only one scrap away, and one social action + leash from having a Confidant we could use it on.
Lantern!Celestia: Who are you really? What secrets do you know?

Moth!Velvet: I am a perfectly ordinary noblemare who definitely doesn't know an excessive amount of Eldritch Lore. :V

Seriously though, aside from potential shapeshifting, the Moth Sacrament does sound like the exact sort of thing that would let you essentially edit your character sheet for anyone doing the non-meta equivalent of reading it. "Of course I am Velvet Covers. But the Velvet Covers I show you is not the Velvet Covers others see."

Oh, I know what we need to do! Fillify Celestia so we can adopt her and have the authority to put her in therapy for her evil split personality disorder!

That or turn Filly Dawnbreaker 'good' through copious amounts of familial love. She can be an token evil family member like Soft Sweeps! :V

The Princess of the Moon New
You are Velvet Covers, and right now you are lying on a cloud.

"Ma'am?"

You aren't just comfortable, you are perfectly snug and cozy.

No Grail secret could ever hope to compare to this. No Winter calm could ever bring you to anything like this.

"Ma'am…?"

In fact, you think an entire new Lore could be created, just to encompass this sensation you are feeling right now.

You are Velvet Covers, the Hour of Comfy. And your entire existence is based on eternally sinking just a little deeper on this perfect cloud that is your home.

"Okay, I really need you to wake up."

All movements are forbidden. All action is unnecessary. Even gravity itself exists only to-

"Ma'am! It's already sunrise! Breakfast is served already!"

-and what in the hay is going on?!

Somepony is shaking you, throwing your thoughts into disarray as you return to the harshness of reality.

Well, you are still lying on something incredibly comfortable. But as you flail around in confusion, both you and your personalized pillow eventually lose your mutually-held grip and fall down on the floor.

"Ouch!"

"I'm sorry ma'am, but I must also remind you that you ordered me to wake you up, on situations like this."

You fall on the ground sideways, and it takes you a full second to realize that your "pillow" (which turned out to be your husband) is also on the floor right next to you. And if his expression is anywhere close to yours, then it seems the two of you are… awake, now.

Or at least something close to it.

"Wha… what is going on… Ponpon?" you say, as you try to stand up and get your bearings.

And sure enough, Ponpon is standing right next to you. Her expression is only slightly judgmental, for which you are thankful, and she is patiently waiting for you to regain your senses.

It takes you several seconds to do so. And you only realize you have an unsightly line of droll on your cheek after the mare gives you a handkerchief. But still, eventually, you wake up.

"Thank you, Ponpon, I… I really appreciate you calling us," you say.

Although your mind is still a bit confused as to what just happened.

Because, for starters, you really just woke up from a good night's sleep. You don't think you ever slept so well in your entire life, even!

But why in Equestria were you and Stormchaser sleeping on the couch? And why…?

Oh.

Your eyes go wide as you remember everything. Or as you think you remember everything.

Did all of that just happen? You just woke up, so could it possibly be that…?

"Stormchaser, please don't tell me that was just a dream," you say, urgently turning to your husband as Ponpon takes her leave.

And the moment you say that, Stormchaser's eyes also go wide. As if he just had the same realization, or was struck by the same memories, that came back to you just now.

"I really hope not," he says, putting a hoof on his forehead. But you can tell that he is mostly talking to himself, and that he seems as confused as you are.

You need to make sure this wasn't all just a dream. You need to find out right now.

However, before either of you have the chance to do anything, another knock comes from the door of the living room.

And the two of you turn just in time to see a worried-looking Soft Sweeps peeking into the room.

"Mr. Stormchaser? Mrs. Velvet? Good morning, and… well, breakfast is served, and the fillies are at the table. But… could I talk to you for a minute, before you go there?" she asks, with a small voice that is uncharacteristically hesitant.

Well, Soft is a mare who is usually cautious, and perhaps even frightened at times.

However, you can tell that this time her voice is concerned about something that is actually important, rather than some imagined problem that is just plaguing her mind.

"Sure, Soft. Of course," you say, your heart beginning to hammer inside your chest. "What is going on? Did something happen?"

"I… well… It's Selene, Mrs. Velvet. She seems… a little off? I wanted you two to know that, before you go to the dinner room."

She says that, and you immediately exchange a glance with Stormchaser. His expression telling you that what he is thinking about is the exact same thing you have in your mind right now.

Is this good? Is this bad? Is this proof that the two of you didn't just imagine all of that?

"Thank you, Soft. We… will be right there," you say.

And after the young mare leaves, you and Stormchaser share one last minute together before you go to meet your daughters.

- - -

You and Stormchaser are sitting next to each other, at the dinner table.

And the only pony there with you two is Selene.

As soon as you and Stormchaser entered the dinner room, Selene whispered something on Silky's ear, and the filly loudly declared that she had forgotten something important at school. Something she absolutely needed to get right now, for a coming school project.

So, despite Softy's groans and admonishments, your older daughter left with the filly to go her school, despite today being a weekend.

And that, of course, immediately told you and Stormchaser that Silky was already in on it, and that Softy was not.

Still, ever since then, three full minutes have passed, and the three of you have done nothing but stare at each other.

You and Stormchaser are worried, of course. After all, you two realize you are sitting opposite to a Princess. Even if her body doesn't look any different than how it looked yesterday, when you two tucked her into her bed.

It is obvious she is using some kind of magic or illusion that is way beyond your abilities. But that doesn't really matter right now.

No, what really matters is that… Selene is concerned. The three of you are sitting in silence because she looks concerned. In fact, she has a quiet, pained expression on her face that absolutely looks out of place on a filly that young.

She is also deep in her thoughts, clipping her hoofs together every now and then as she looks down.

This, you suppose, is what Softy meant when she said Selene was "off".

And you want to help her, of course. You will do anything she asks. But still…

You need her to say something.

"I…" she opens her mouth.

And both you and Stormchaser immediately lean forward, ears perked up so you can hear her better.

"I want to stay here, with the two of you… Is that… is that alright?" she asks.

To which you and Stormchaser reply with… stunned silence.

Did you just hear her right?

Of course you did. You are sure you did. But you… didn't really expect her to say that?

"Of course that's alright, dear. You can stay for as long as you want," Stormchaser answers, his words shaking you out of your confusion.

And yes, of course you agree. You nod to her as your husband says that, because of course she can stay!

But isn't she, well… also a Princess?

"Thanks, dad… I'm really glad that's fine," she says.

And the way she says that… she definitely doesn't sound like a mare. No, the way she said that definitely sounded like a filly, who is frightened about something.

"Selene, dear, did something happen?" you ask, letting your concern show in your voice. "Is there anything you want to talk about?"

"Actually, yeah, something did happen…" she says, still looking down, her eyes open but unfocused, as if she is trying to think about something. As if she is somehow lost, or unsure of what to do next. "I talked to Silky, earlier today. Well, I went into her dream and told her about what happened."

You and Stormchaser give her a small nod, urging her to keep talking. But as Selene continues, you can see that she is having a hard time choosing her words. As if she can't even explain, or perhaps accept, what she is trying to tell you two.

"After that, I went to my sister… Celestia, that is. I went to Princess Celestia, in her dreams, and what I saw there was…"

Your daughter continues to talk.

Your daughter talks, and the two of you patiently listen.

You make sure nopony is within earshot. And you offer her some encouragement or consolation whenever she seems lost.

But eventually, she tells you and your husband everything.

And with that, the two of you understand why she asked if she could stay.

"So I… I think I just need some time?" she says.

Although, for all that she tried to say that, her tone definitely felt more like a question.

By now, Selene is sitting between the two of you. If she were just a filly, you are certain she would be crying by now. But still, you can tell from her expression that she is… confused. Very confused.

Almost lost, but maybe not quite there.

"I need time… Time to think, time to figure out stuff… Even figure out what's in my head, because I remember everything, but it's like I'm reading it from a book? It's like… like I don't remember it, but I can remember if I look for the book and, I don't know, open it to read from it."

You have a hoof on her shoulder, and Stormchaser is gently resting a wing around her.

"Still, I… I want to help. I need to do something about this, all of this! But I don't know what and…"

"Selene, dear, it's alright," you stop her. Not exactly interrupting her, but not letting her continue either. You can tell that she will just drown herself in her thoughts, if she keeps talking. "You can stay for as long as you want. More than just that, if you ever decide you need to leave, you can always return no matter what. We promise you that."

You say that, and your husband agrees.

"So, take your time. We will keep everypony off your back. And if you ever want to talk, to us or anypony else, we are here for you. Until then, we will be waiting for as long as you need," you finish.

And the soft, nervous nod that she gives you, as you calmly stroke her mane, shows you the first hint of a smile you have seen from her this entire day.

"Thanks mom," she says.

And a few minutes later, Soft and Silky arrive back home.

- - -

You are a few days into the week, now.

Stormchaser stayed home, for obvious reasons. And you stayed in Ponyville as well.

As per your previous orders, a pegasus runner came to your home on the night of the first weekday, to inquire if anything was alright. Through him, you told the Bureau to maintain their standing orders, and to send a runner at the end of every day to keep you updated on how everything goes.

Shining Armor has already returned from his honeymoon by now, so you are sure they will be able to handle a few days without you.

More importantly, however, you and your husband waited for Selene.

After the dust settled, you and Stormchaser talked to Silky, and your filly daughter told you that she promised she would help Selene. You all agree that none of you know what that means yet, but for now she seems content with dutifully checking on her sister every few hours, and making sure that Soft Sweeps is too busy to worry about Selene.

As for Selene herself, she has kept herself in her own room for the most part. Every now and then, she goes for a stroll around the house. And at least one night you sensed that she just opened her window and flew away.

However, for several days, she kept to herself. She kept to herself, and you all respected her wishes to be left alone.

That is… until now.

It is night. You and Stormchaser are in your room. And a knock suddenly comes to your door.

The two of you immediately know who it is.

"Come in," you say.

And Selene walks into your room.

Any tiredness you are feeling is immediately forgotten. Any concerns you had, about the reports your runner had brought or anything else, disappear before the next moment.

And as Selene goes up to a small sofa and changes into her larger self with a glow of magic, you and your husband quietly get out of your bed so you can better talk to her.

It is almost intimidating, to be face to face with a Princess like this. To be talking to the Princess of the Moon in the confines of your own bedroom, as she looks at you with an expression that is both serious and determined.

Or rather, it would be intimidating, if you also didn't look at her and immediately think of her as your daughter.

"I want to thank you for your patient," she begins to say, and then she takes a deep breath. "I know what I want to do, but I am not sure of how to do it. But there are three things I am certain of."

You try to calm down your pulse as you listen to her. But thankfully, she seems to be completely calm. So, if nothing else, you know that she has thought this through.

And no matter what she asks, you will try your best to make it happen.

"First, I want to stay here. I want to stay close to Silky, and you two, and everypony else. I don't know yet what is the best way to do that, so I will want to hear your thoughts on it. But I…" she trails off, raising a foreleg and looking at her hoof.

The crystal horseshoes she has on her hoofs are beautiful, although you have no idea of how she got them or when she put them on. But still, she seems to be deep in thought for a moment as she looks at it.

"I know that I am a Princess. I know there are expectations for Princesses. And it's not that I do not care for those expectations. But an expectation is not a duty, and I know what my duties are. So, I want to stay here. Make sure Silky and everypony else is alright. And move on from there."

She lowers her foreleg, turning her gaze back to the two of you, and then she takes another deep breath.

"Second, I… I want to stay a secret. For now, at least. I don't mean total secrecy or anything like that. But I don't want Equestria to know this happened. Most of all, I don't what my sister to know this happened. Celestia, that is. So, ponykind as a whole can't know, because that knowledge would certainly reach her. And if she learns I am back, she… well, I want to take care of my sister's current condition at my own pace, and in my own way."

You and Stormchaser immediately agree, and you two promise you will help her with that.

In fact, several ideas begin to appear in your mind. Of the ponies who you could tell, and the ponies who definitely must not learn about this. Of how Selene can stay here, and not raise any suspicions, without being stuck with the routine of a young filly. That, and many things more.

But before either of you can voice your suggestions, she starts to speak once again.

"And third… I want to know what happened. I want to know everything that happened. Anything you can tell me, everything you know. I… I want to help, I have to help. I have just returned to Equestria, and I am a Princess. But I can't help if I don't know what the hay is going on. Those strange lessons you taught me. This… this way you brought me back. I need to know everything. Please."

She says that, and you…

Ah.

Deep down, you always knew this would happen. You always knew that, at some point, you would have to tell a Princess everything you did. Just like you did with Stormchaser.

Your husband seems slightly concerned, as he gives you a side glance.

But to your own surprise, you are actually very calm. In fact, you almost feel relieved.

So, you tell Selene to get comfortable in her seat.

And then you tell her everything.

Selene has decided she wants to continue living in your house. There are no objections to that request, and the conclusion is obvious: there will always be a place for your daughters in your home.

Selene has authorized Velvet Covers to reveal her identity to whoever she sees fit, but Princess Celestia may not learn (directly or indirectly) about her return. Velvet Covers will abide by her wishes.

Selene has asked for time to deal with Princess Celestia herself, on her own terms. Until she asks for your help, Velvet Covers will not take any action to address Celestia's current situation. And given how Selene is her true sister, and has the ability to enter her very dreams, you think she has a much greater chance of doing anything about it than you do. Furthermore, you are admittedly kind of busy with other matters right now.

Selene, your filly daughter, will continue with her current routine, going to school in the morning and quietly accompanying her sister here and there. Unfortunately, her latest "etiquette lessons" will take up most of her free time, so she will have very little time for her other little friends. You will all deal with any problems, regarding how much time she has and her coverup story, as they arise.

Luna, the Princess of the Moon, is now your Confidante. You told her everything, and when you asked for her forgiveness, she told you there was nothing to forgive. She agrees with all of your actions and has asked you to direct her on how she can continue to help your cause.

"What should you call her? Well, if you are asking that question then you already failed the secret test. Those who love her call her Selene. Those who know of her call her Luna. And she is happy to be called your daughter."

Luna, the Princess of the Moon

Health: 5/5
General bonus: +20
Lores: MOTH 3, EDGE 3, WINTER 3, KNOCK 3

As an alicorn, Selene has TWO actions per turn.

[MOTH SKILL]: Selene will be able to retain her "Selene" guise, without raising any suspicion, for as long as she wishes. Her guise will remain undetected until she chooses to reveal herself.
[EDGE SKILL]: CURRENTLY LOCKED
[WINTER SKILL]: CURRENTLY LOCKED
[KNOCK SKILL]: CURRENTLY LOCKED
[DILIGENT]: Every turn, Selene will automatically perform one random "training" action, in addition to her two personal actions. She is free to use her actions on something else.

Selene is currently "in training". She will have the following exclusive actions available to her, every turn, until they are all completed. These actions will always auto-succeed.
Due to her "Diligent" trait, Luna will always perform at least one of these actions every turn for free. But she may spend her own action-points to advance her training more quickly::

[] This body is new to her, but it is old to the world. She must learn of its abilities and privileges. (Grain +5 to her General Bonus) (TRAINING ACTION)
[] This body is old to her, but it is new to the world. She must learn of its restrictions and limitations. (Gain +1 total health) (TRAINING ACTION)
[] Realize something about Edge. (Unlock her Edge skill) (TRAINING ACTION)
[] Realize something about Winter. (Unlock her Winter skill) (TRAINING ACTION)
[] Realize something about Knock. (Unlock her Knock skill) (TRAINING ACTION)

Once Selene completes her training, she will be able to reach Level 4 in all of her Lores at the same time. That lesson will require an action from Velvet Covers, who must have the requisite Lore knowledge, and will grant Selene a further +1 total health and +5 to her General Bonus. As well, of course, as the upgrade in her personal Lore levels.

Selene's character sheet has been updated to reflect the information above.

But you have not told her about any of your regrets.

Last edited:
Luna, the Princess of the Moon, is now your Confidante. You told her everything, and when you asked for her forgiveness, she told you there was nothing to forgive. She agrees with all of your actions and has asked you to direct her on how she can continue to help your cause.
Ohhhhhhh... I am feeling relief, and delight, and joy. But I imagine that's just a pale echo of what Velvet feels, to have that conversation and have this knowledge.

OH. :V:V:V Well, I guess that's why they're regrettable!

So... does she know the Master is dead, and just not how? Or is that entire subject under the Regrettable action? Because I don't really want her worrying about a threat that isn't around anymore.

7 or higher: ???

6: ???

5: ???

4: ???

3: ???

2: Daybreaker is born, shackled by her regretful creator. The result of this battle of wills will define the future of Equestria. (???)

1: Daybreaker has come, and Equestria shall slave under the glare of the sun. (Introduce "hyperthermia" mechanic)

0 or lower: "Lady Coelle's actions are not alien to ponykind. But a mirror of their consequences certainly is."
Really puts it into perspective just how close a 2 really is to 1, huh. That Daybreaker is being repressed by Celestia does imply that the 'resl' Celestia's personality is still in there, though.

Here are the two seperate versions, for reference.

God, I was wondering what new crisis Bird planned to keep us busy with. This wasn't really expected, but it's not surprising either.
Trade one insanely powerful entity that can and will kill us if it learns what we've been keeping from it for another! At least this one isn't nearly as alien (from a mindset perspective).

Just realized that Celestia recruited Velvet, Fair Trial, Midday Dew and the others not because she lost faith in ponykind but because she knows she could snap at any moment and is probably hoping to get sealed by the Elements like Nightmare Moon... She is preparing Equestria to survive without her. Now that is sad.

The isolation isn't because she stopped caring, it is because she cares. She is trying to protect all the ponies she can by being away from them as much as possible... That is why she didn't go to the wedding wasn't it, there was a chance she could ruin Cadance's special day(even if it is just in her mind).
...that really does contextualize a whole lot of Celestia's actions right now, huh.

Selene is currently "in training". She will have the following exclusive actions available to her, every turn, until they are all completed. These actions will auto-succeed if she spends an action on them, and one random action will automatically be chosen (for free) due to her "Diligent" skill:

[] This body is new to her, but it is old to the world. She must learn of its abilities and privileges. (Grain +5 to her General Bonus) (TRAINING ACTION)
[] This body is old to her, but it is new to the world. She must learn of its restrictions and limitations. (Gain +1 total health) (TRAINING ACTION)
[] Realize something about Edge. (Unlock her Edge skill) (TRAINING ACTION)
[] Realize something about Winter. (Unlock her Winter skill) (TRAINING ACTION)
[] Realize something about Knock. (Unlock her Knock skill) (TRAINING ACTION)

Once Selene completes her training, she will be able to reach Level 4 in all of her Lores at the same time. That lesson will require an action from Velvet Covers, who must have the requisite Lore knowledge, and will grant Selene a further +1 total health and +5 to her General Bonus.
Just curious, but does this mean she caps out at +30 and 7 Health? Because that would make me wonder where the other +20 we saw during the ritual update went.

In other news: Woo! Alicorn Confidant! Now we just need to get Cadance Confidant and we'll have two of the three :V

Last edited:
Hm... Just finished reading through the last two chapters, so these are my thoughts.

Well, first of all, these are some interesting two chapters. The first one we got was definitely more heartwarming than the second, but I suppose that was a given for this story, so I probably shouldn't have been quite so surprised.

Secondly, I find the resolution to the whole Selene situation to have ended off, I think, fairly well for what happened. Of course, we then got thrown another whole set of problems to deal with... That very old roll with Celestia seems to have had a lot more weight than I would have expected. Then again, the thing with alicorns is that they're quite important, and this does illustrate the extent to which they have an impact...

At this rate, we'll definitely have to do something with Twilight, and possibly involve Cadance as well. The consequences of our actions appear to have the bad habit of cropping up where we would least like them to, unfortunately... Honestly, I think the problem with the Twilight situation is that while our policy so far has been to leave her alone, and that seems to have worked so far, that just means we don't know if anything important happened out of our sight... As well as whether anything will crop up in the future. Not much we can do about that yet, though, as I think I've said before- We still need to manage the Luna... Selene? situation that is currently happening before we can add to our list of things to do...

...Huh, the new chapter came out in the middle of my typing this post.

Hm, it does seem as if we won't be able to do much about Celestia until Selene requires our help, meaning that might come up at a later date depending on our actions. That does leave us time for our other affairs, though.

We do know about Celestia's situation as Velvet Covers, though, so that's a thing. I am slightly worried about the "regrets" portion at the end, however, though it appears we can't do anything about that for the moment. It's quite relieving to hear that we told Selene almost everything, though I'm not sure exactly what that consists of, given we clearly did leave out a few things regarding our Regrettable Actions, and one lie always interacts with everything else you tell, so I'm not quite sure exactly the extent of what we omitted.

The votes for this one appear to be between training options, and I guess there'll be discussion over that. ^-^ I'm personally inclined for general bonus, since it's general, but there's no denying that the rest could be very useful as well, just depends on what we think is important for the moment. Health bonus, for example, helping with risk tolerance. The Lore options seem to be more "ability" related, being more abstract than pure numbers, though, from what we can see of the Moth ability.

Well, overall it's been quite interesting! Less tension for once, but only relatively, of course. Hopefully we'll be able to do some semblance of normal lore progression soon, given it's been quite a chaotic few turns, but I somewhat doubt that given the pace we've been going at recently. Maybe we'll be able to manage that in the next turn?

I think I'll leave it here, though. This post has probably gone on long enough... :)

Our Daughter could help with summoning rituals, if nothing else. She's not quite as good as Velvet but is more than decent enough for Biedde; and with the right reagent could take a decent shot at the MitLs. I wouldn't want her to try DoA though, that's just a bit too hard imo. Would be a ten percent chance of failure for every roll even if we got another Knock 3 reagent.

Telling her to stay home and go all in on training would be just as much a mistake as not letting her train at all I feel.

She is part of the world. She needs to know it and it know her.

Given her own past. And her mission. I think Sending Luna on the expedition to free The DOA from her Durance Vile would be a big help.

Freeing someone who isn't her sister from their chains. Literal and metaphorical. And helping someone who was imprisoned just like she was.

Last edited:
Our Daughter could help with summoning rituals, if nothing else. She's not quite as good as Velvet but is more than decent enough for Biedde; and with the right reagent could take a decent shot at the MitLs. I wouldn't want her to try DoA though, that's just a bit too hard imo. Would be a ten percent chance of failure for every roll even if we got another Knock 3 reagent.
Only her Moth lore is active, this turn. her other lores are currently locked

I'm really not sure exactly what she should do this turn. I feel there is going to be so much to do that we might really need her assistance. Can she help with summons, for example...

One question, @OurLadyOfWires -- if we were to take the +5 general bonus training action, would that take effect before her next action, or not until the next Turn?

For reference:

She has a 74% chance (82% with +5) of summoning the Daughter of Axes (vs. our 97%).

She has a 52% chance (63% with +5) of summoning Biedde with a Level 3 Edge reagent (vs. our 78%). (Hmm... She'd have 74% with a Wrong Key sacrifice, though we'd have 84%)

EDIT: She has a 34% chance (42% with +5) of summoning a MitL, or 59% with a Level 3 Lantern reagent (vs. our 87% chance with no reagent, or 91% with a Level 1 reagent).

No... she has the lore at Level 3, she just lacks the extra skill.

Last edited:
You know what she could be really helpful with?

Having someone to keep an eye on the house who has a vested interest in the safety of those involved, and is not a Grail Alukite :V

People would probably feel better about that in general, and it also frees up Mareinette's action to do other stuff for us.

I'm pretty sure that's the special skill from her realization, not the entire Lore Level. She's still got level threes for general stuff presumably.
You know what she could be really helpful with?

Having someone to keep an eye on the house who has a vested interest in the safety of those involved, and is not a Grail Alukite :V
I'm assuming she does that automatically. Since, you know, she lives there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back