• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Esquestria: The House of the Sun - A pony cultist experience

I'm assuming she does that automatically. Since, you know, she lives there.
Eh, people do other stuff during the course of their day, so just because she lives there doesn't necessarily mean she'll be there if/when an attack occurs. Bird said that summons/confidants are only guaranteed to be there if they take the guard action, so I'm going to assume it still works the same for Selene/Luna unless he specifically says otherwise.

Hmm... so I don't think we're going to be able to summon Biedde with enough confidence next turn (T19) to justify spending at least 145 bits on it. That being said, would we want to try summoning a MitL? They're presumably capable of doing RotTs for us, which could help free up Jade's AP to do other things like investigate the Memory of Light ritual or possibly develop new rituals to give our house proper wards (or just have one more RotT spot available per turn, there are quite a number of things that would be helpful to scry :V). Plus they have Edge, so one could also help with guarding the house and/or Storrmchaser if we want more firepower.

Also I really want to see what their full character sheet looks like.

Edit: And hey, if we can find a decent-level Lantern artifact laying around in an expedition somewhere, we can even get Selene in on the RotT fun!

Last edited:
Hmm... so I don't think we're going to be able to summon Biedde with enough confidence next turn to justify spending at least 145 bits on it. That being said, would we want to try summoning a MitL? They're presumably capable of doing RotTs for us, which could help free up Jade's AP to do other things like investigate the Memory of Light ritual or possibly develop new rituals to give our house proper wards. Plus they have Edge, so one could also help with guarding the house and/or Storrmchaser if we want more firepower.
We have a 78% chance -- pretty good -- with only an Edge 3 reagent. 83% if we sacrifice the Knock Artefact. Or Luna has a 74% chance with the reagent and a WK.

I would really like a MitL but I don't think we should count out Biedde! (One super nice thing is that once we summon one MitL, sacrificing it makes summoning another quite easy).

(Can Confidantes 'assist' in rituals? No, right?)

Last edited:
We have a 78% chance -- pretty good -- with only an Edge 3 reagent. 83% if we sacrifice the Knock Artefact. Or Luna has a 74% chance with the reagent and a WK.

I would really like a MitL but I don't think we should count out Biedde!

(Can Confidantes 'assist' in rituals? No, right?)
It is pretty good, objectively, I'm just not sure it's good enough to spend almost our entire monthly salary on it when we'll likely have the no-doubt-expensive Frangiclave expedition coming up in the next couple of turns, plus needing to potentially scry and buy Baldomare a Level 5 book (30 + 120 bits) if we can't find one before the end of T21.

It is pretty good, objectively, I'm just not sure it's good enough to spend almost our entire monthly salary on it when we'll likely have the no-doubt-expensive Frangiclave expedition coming up in the next couple of turns, plus needing to potentially scry and buy Baldomare a Level 5 book (30 + 120 bits) if we can't find one before the end of T21.
We've got Rarity income (which has hopefully taken a boost due to wedding + Grail 3), and a commission if need be. Meanwhile, Names are really really really good to have around. I think that's totally worth spending on.

(Admittedly some math changes if we use rerolls on DoA, it would be nice to get that out of the way first.)

That is what Edge is for, the Winter is just the secondary Lore... because the Wolf is the most suicidal being in existence, actually the only reason the Wolf wants to die is because it is Agony.
but it can never die, because then the Agony would end, That is why The wolf can only cosume itself when, Glory is dark, the Forge is Cold and the Woods are dust. Because then there would be nothing left for agony.

P.S. the Woods are already dust. So for another wolf ending do we have to destroy the Forge, then open the chains to glory and let the Wolf eat glory?

In Which the Dreamer Snoozes New
In Which the Dreamer Snoozes

You are Velvet Covers. And on a night so very like another night, in a room not that different from another room, you feel a flash of jealousy for the one mother who has been in the same spot you are now. At least she knew you would be there for her daughter, the charge she had returned from the beyond to protect. She knew nothing of what lay ahead, but at least she knew one character in it.

You have no idea what are you sending Selene into with these words, and this rite. And yet, you know you must say them anyways. So, as tears drip down your face, you stutter them out.
"W-wont… won't you go wake her up, love? Y-you know… y-yo… you know how groggy she c-can get… after she sleeps for longer than she should."

You are Stormchaser. Every other month you leave behind your home, and bid your wife and children farewell for what feels like far too long. It is a fresh wound each time, but at least one you are experienced in taking. Like shepherding a storm or tracking a tornado, it gets easier with practice.

But you have never had to do this. To look at your child, and send them away.
"It is time to wake up."

You do not know how these things are supposed to go. But in an instant, the rite's effect seems clear. The dreamer in front of you stirs, a stray limb shifting across the bed. Before you can leave, before you can sob, she opens her mouth.

She grunts, "Mmph!"

And mumbles, "Five more minutes!"

Was that how this was... supposed to go? You really don't know these ritual things well, but surely not. Did you misphrase the words? You can't, you won't, let down your wife. Not ever, but especially not here and not now. So you try again.

Your voice is a little steadier as you intone, "It is time to wake up, Selene."

You earn yourself another grunt, a little grumpier. Selene rolls over, though her eyes remain stubbornly closed.

Maybe... maybe you messed it up, saying her name? Biased the way the winds would blow? You steel yourself, and whisper again.

"It is time to wake up, Princess Luna."

You can't quite make out what she says this time, her voice quite muffled by the fact her face is pressed deep into a pillow. Was it "Sleep"? Or "Stop"?

But one thing is clear: it seems like it's time to break out the big guns...

You are Velvet Covers. And you're not sure why you saw your husband come downstairs, grab a jar, fill it with water, and then return back up. But you are quite sure you do not want to know.
Have you ever tried waking up a sleeping child? :V

Last edited:
You are Velvet Covers. And you're not sure why you saw your husband come downstairs, grab a jar, fill it with water, and then return back up. But you are quite sure you do not want to know.
You know, when I made that comment about the bucket of water, I was actually referencing the other waking ritual. Though that would be far less funny.

We've got Rarity income (which has hopefully taken a boost due to wedding + Grail 3), and a commission if need be. Meanwhile, Names are really really really good to have around. I think that's totally worth spending on.

(Admittedly some math changes if we use rerolls on DoA, it would be nice to get that out of the way first.)
I do think it'd be worth it... if it works. My concern is that it's a lot of money to throw down the drain for nothing if it doesn't.

Edit: If the DoA's summoning doesn't eat our Knock reroll, and people are willing to commit to a reagent-making action to get the reagents for Biedde, then I'd be more willing to try for it.

Edit 2: We'd probably need to use Rarity's commission though, to have enough bits.

Last edited:
I'll also note that there's still some mundane stuff Selene could do. Looking for books or expeditions—even without SH, a 20 or 25 bonus isn't bad—or scrying for easier to find things like books, or even just looking into Copper's cult and anything we might do related to them.

Edit: If the DoA's summoning doesn't eat our Knock reroll, and people are willing to commit to a reagent-making action to get the reagents for Biedde, then I'd be more willing to try for it.

Edit 2: We'd probably need to use Rarity's commission though, to have enough bits.
Some math:

We're at 16 bits (though I really hope we can retcon not using the Expensive Gift on the reagent.)

160 income, let's say 50 from Rarity, makes 226 bits.

DoA is free (Gift + WK).

Biedde is 145 (100 + 45 for reagent).

A Baldomare scry is only 30... that leaves us with 51 bits. Enough for a Jade scry too.

(Though if we want to use a Level 4 reagent for Biedde, we'd need Rarity to do better or do a commission. Which I don't hate -- we'll probably want one at some point, and we may as well have the extra bits now...)

I do think it'd be worth it... if it works. My concern is that it's a lot of money to throw down the drain for nothing if it doesn't.
If it's super-duper worth doing at 100%, I think it's probably worth doing at 78%!

Admittedly it'd be a lot safer if we could get ourselves a Risen or something else to sacrifice. Hey, do we think Fluttershy could get us a corpse? :V

Last edited:
…Hmm. Actually, thought. If we focused down all her training actions this turn, she would only need two next turn, and with one free that leaves her with an extra action. If we could also complete the Velvet AP to do the final action on that same turn—something to ask Bird—and then spend Selene's last AP summoning Biedde immediately after, all we would need is an Edge 3/Knock 1 reagent for her to get guarunteed success, ignoring nat1 interrupts anyways.

We just need to get Forge 4 this turn. And also be allowed to structure the actions in that order.

Also just to point out re: summoning a MitL.

If we acquire Frangiclave before its summoning period expires (and we should as long as we commit to it), Jade will be able to keep a single MitL presence going indefinitely. The Frangiclave should be a Knock 6 artifact, which means Jade could automatically meet the Knock DC just with the artifact lore rating alone, and sacrificing the old MitL to fuel the summoning of the new one means that between her own Lantern levels and the Edge 3 artifact, she'd also automatically meet the Lantern and Edge DCs.

Biedde is 145 (100 + 45 for reagent).
"Reagent making action" as in the one that consumes AP. Because I don't think I'm willing to try summoning Biedde without having both sacrifices being used, which would mean another 45 bits.

Anyway, on a non-summoning related note... I kind of wonder if we get the Bureau's personal loyalty to us high enough, we can reveal the Luna thing to them without Celestia finding out? Make ourselves a bit of a (mostly) benevolent conspiracy :V

Last edited:
We just need to get Forge 4 this turn. And also be allowed to structure the actions in that order.
Tbh, if nothing sets itself on fire next turn, I think I would like to read the Forge books. Not for any particularly important reason, I just don't want to run the risk of us finding a random Forge scrap somewhere and one of the Forge books becoming useless. Well, technically not entirely useless bcuz of the Secret Library, but mostly useless. And then we can also find out what's in the mystery not-Lore book!

"Reagent making action" as in the one that consumes AP. Because I don't think I'm willing to try summoning Biedde without having both sacrifices being used, which would mean another 45 bits.
Wait, why not? 78% is pretty good odds! Is the 15 percentage points boost (from an Edge 2 reagent, or 19% from Edge 2/Knock 1) worth 20 (or 45) bits and an action/delaying? (Hmm... if we got forge 4 we could get 87% chance this turn with an Edge 4 reagent. That's pretty good...)

Last edited:
Anyway, on a non-summoning related note... I kind of wonder if we get the Bureau's personal loyalty to us high enough, we can reveal the Luna thing to them without Celestia finding out? Make ourselves a bit of a (mostly) benevolent conspiracy :V
Probably, but that will probably take a good amount of AP. Though I wouldn't be above getting an Incarnadescence from Marinette and rofl stomping it in a bumrush. On the other hand if we're doing that, we probably want to aim at Socialing our friends instead.

On the other hand, who else can we tell? Our Confidantes/minions, probably. Maybe Cadence, but she's possibly too close to Celestia to risk that. And probably nobody else. Even Shining feels iffy to be honest.

Wait, why not? 78% is pretty good odds! Is the 15 percentage points boost (from an Edge 2 reagent, or 19% from Edge 2/Knock 1) worth 20 (or 45) bits and an action? (Hmm... if we got forge 4 we could get 87% chance this turn with an Edge 4 reagent. That's pretty good...)
Bcuz of the aforementioned "that would be a lot of bits to throw down the drain for nothing during what will likely be a very bit-hungry next two or three turns if it doesn't work" thing. Like, you know, what happened with our Path Through Nightmares ritual. 80 bits down the drain for essentially no or minimum benefit, as far as we know.

I would be very salty if the reason we can't get the Frangiclave and DoA's permanent presence is because we tried to summon Biedde and failed, is all I'm saying.

Probably, but that will probably take a good amount of AP. Though I wouldn't be above getting an Incarnadescence from Marinette and rofl stomping it in a bumrush. On the other hand if we're doing that, we probably want to aim at Socialing our friends instead.
The Bureau loyalty-increasing action is part of our Bureau actions, so it wouldn't eat into our regular AP. It's how we did it this turn despite almost all of our AP being consumed by Fleeting Opportunities.

Last edited:
The Bureau loyalty-increasing action is part of our Bureau actions, so it wouldn't eat into our regular AP. It's how we did it this turn despite most of our AP being consumed by Fleeting Opportunities.
Sure, but that'll still take a while. Though I can't remember, can we spend extra personal actions on that stuff if we wanted?
Tbh, if nothing sets itself on fire next turn, I think I would like to read the Forge books. Not for any particularly important reason, I just don't want to run the risk of us finding a random Forge scrap somewhere and one of the Forge books becoming useless. Well, technically not entirely useless bcuz of the Secret Library, but mostly useless. And then we can also find out what's in the mystery not-Lore book!
I do kinda want to get All-4 soon, yeah. It would be nice if we could afford to just get a Heart Influence from Marinette for the scraps, and had somewhere else to get one as well, and read the forge books to finish it off.

What EXACTLY did we hold back in terms of Regrets?

Did we not tell her that the Wolf even exists? Because tbe one we got just for finding the damned thing was completely involuntary.

Tribal door... honestly not a HUGE deal all things considered. Easily the least regrettable.

But what we did to the Master over Shining Armor seems like something Luna needs to know.

Or are we just not telling her about our jackass kids?

Bcuz of the aforementioned "that would be a lot of bits to throw down the drain for nothing during what will likely be a very bit-hungry next two or three turns if it doesn't work" thing. Like, you know, what happened with our Path Through Nightmares ritual. 80 bits down the drain for essentially no or minimum benefit, as far as we know.

I would be very salty if the reason we can't get the Frangiclave and DoA's permanent presence is because we tried to summon Biedde and failed, is all I'm saying.
Hmmm, I understand this, and agree getting the Frangiclave is quite important. But we'll have 160 + an extra 100 if need be next turn for that expedition, you don't think that'll be enough?

But here's a possible compromise -- we also summon that Knock Artefact we've had for ages and never studied. And will have even less utility in once we have the Frangiclave. With Edge 3 that takes our odds to 83%, Edge 4 93%. That's damn good for a Name!

Last edited:
I don't know if Bird ever said. Probably? Shining would disapprove of our workaholic tendencies though :V
We got that mofo a Wife. He can disapprove all he wants, it don't mean shit. :V

EDIT:
Having Biedde would be pretty cool. Even aside from a really good defender for the home, we're close enough to the Edge sacrament that having a second option is worthwhile, and he could be useful for expedition or going after Copper as well if we have to. Plus I just kinda want to see murder grandpa, especially since Selene is still living in our home. All the character interactions are always amazing.

If we go for Forge 4 to make an Edge 4 reagent, that would be 3 actions though. DOA, book study, and Biedde summoning. Not sure what the fourth action would be. Probably whatever fleeting actions we have.

Last edited:
Right.

Turn 19 planning phase is almost done.

I will preface this by saying that there will be some mechanical changes, which will hopefully make planning smoother and easier. Those will be explained at the beginning of the next update, so don't worry about it right now.

I'll begin editing and posting it immediately after I post this. But for now:

One question, @OurLadyOfWires -- if we were to take the +5 general bonus training action, would that take effect before her next action, or not until the next Turn?
Any training Selene does will take effect at the end of the turn.

I actually loves this :V

Princess or no Princess, it's way past breakfast young miss. You get that flank downstairs right now!

Hmmm, I understand this, and agree getting the Frangiclave is quite important. But we'll have 160 + an extra 100 if need be next turn for that expedition, you don't think that'll be enough?
Considering that I fully expect the Frangiclave expedition to be a "Hard" 3-AP expedition? And our closest point of comparison would be BtRC pt.2, which is "Intermediate" and costs 7 bits/day per person? And that, at minimum, we'll want to bring DoA and ourselves?

I'm expecting the Frangiclave to cost us like 250 - 300 bits*. Plus, we need a 150 bit buffer next turn for Baldomare, in case we need to scry a book for her. The only reason I'd be willing to try summoning Biedde at all (with another reagent and therefore more bits) is that we technically have a little bit of wiggle room on whether we do the expedition on T20 or T21, as long as we scry it T19, but if people want Biedde enough to vote for it with just a single reagent, there's a non-zero chance that there will be a take two the turn after, which would eat another 145/180 bits.

*To go a bit more into my estimate:

BtRC2 is both not a "Hard" expedition and, narratively, relatively nearby. Frangiclave will, I expect, be locked behind a "Hard" expedition and is likely to be in some forgotten, obscure corner of Equestria, hence why I think it'll be a 3-AP expedition. At 7 bits/day per person (same as BtRC2), that would be 210 bits for just Velvet and DoA. If it's more than 7/day, and I expect it would be, the cost just gets even higher: 240 at 8 bits/day, 270 at 9 bits/day, and so on.

@OurLadyOfWires While you're here, is Luna's alicorn bonus intended to cap out at +30? Since we saw her rolling a +50 during the Path Through Nightmares update. Or was that only because she was trying to lower the moon (i.e. her "specialty")?

@OurLadyOfWires While you're here, is Luna's alicorn bonus intended to cap out at +30? Since we saw her rolling a +50 during the Path Through Nightmares update. Or was that only because she was trying to lower the moon (i.e. her "specialty")?
From the current math, her cap after she finishes training appears to be 30, yes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back