• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Esquestria: The House of the Sun - A pony cultist experience

It is not good to leave an enemy working, we need her to stop being an enemy as soon as possible.
Do we? What has she explicitly done to us that makes her an existential threat that needs to be dealt with immediately? The EiB was the master, so we have no confirmation that she's actually in any position to do significant damage. We already have plans to scout her with Biedde if I recall correctly, so it seems way more practical to just wait for more information.

Do we? What has she explicitly done to us that makes her an existential threat that needs to be dealt with immediately? The EiB was the master, so we have no confirmation that she's actually in any position to do significant damage. We already have plans to scout her with Biedde if I recall correctly, so it seems way more practical to just wait for more information.
Just as a point of clarification, the first EiB was the Master. The second was Neighnia, who is in Copper's hands. If we run out of keys, she can very easily kill us with another. To say nothing of the large organization that could attack us at our home, but I'll grant that we don't have details on what exactly that covers.

On the other hand, with the Master sending the first attack, Neighnia sending the second that was… pretty much an auto kill if it weren't for the Keys, and then nothing on the follow up turn, it's very possible that Copper legitimately just took the shot and assumed it worked. She didn't know we had the Keys after all.

The manuscripts are a big nothing the writing of a scared filly after a near death experience.

IE if all of the work we have done cannot protect us from such a minor thing, then nothing will stop Celestia from killing Velvet when she finds out about the Lores, which is the only situation where they matter. So don't worry about it the death sentence has already been passed or failed to pass.

Last edited:
Just as a point of clarification, the first EiB was the Master.

Shoot, forgot about the second one. Still, I think that we shouldn't be hasty. We can tank one more if necessary while we wait for better info to make a better plan than just going over with a knife and a prayer.

Last edited:
The first EiB was the Master. The second was 100% her, we got visited by Neighnia in our dreams and everything. Copper took the bait just like we did, which means she absolutely thinks we're a threat to her (not incorrectly), and, unlike us, has the willingness and resources to summon Windigo herds. That's not to say I think we should be prioritizing going after Copper over Name befriending or going for Glory, because I don't. But she is definitely a threat to us (or, more accurately, to our family). But mostly I think that means taking steps to defend our house and Stormchaser, and maybe setting the Bureau on her later. Once we've verified that she doesn't have the Damning Evidence.

The manuscripts are a big nothing the railings of a scared filly after a near death experience. IE if all of the work we have done cannot protect us from such a minor thing, then nothing will stop Celestia from killing Velvet.
We have been told, again and again, that being connected to the Lores pre-laundering means death by Celestia. The manuscripts are direct and obvious evidence that we knew about the Lores prior to the Crown discovering them and, whether or not they know it at that exact moment, directly connects us to Luna's attackers. They are not a "minor thing" by any stretch of the imagination.

Last edited:
Just as a point of clarification, the first EiB was the Master. The second was Neighnia, who is in Copper's hands. If we run out of keys, she can very easily kill us with another. To say nothing of the large organization that could attack us at our home, but I'll grant that we don't have details on what exactly that covers.

On the other hand, with the Master sending the first attack, Neighnia sending the second that was… pretty much an auto kill if it weren't for the Keys, and then nothing on the follow up turn, it's very possible that Copper legitimately just took the shot and assumed it worked. She didn't know we had the Keys after all.
Assuming Copper is alive of course. Or able to lead the cult after receiving multiple psychic injuries.

If she hasn't also found a way to deflect rituals like we have!

Shoot, forgot about the second one. Still, I think that we shouldn't be hasty. We can tank one more while we wait for better info to make a better plan than just going over with a knife and a prayer.
Come now! Running in blind worked so well the first time. :V

For the Master I mean.

Last edited:
I wonder if there's an Edge Summon or if Windigos are pulling double duty as both the Winter and Edge summons? Their Lores seem like it might since they have both Winter and Edge 5, but we don't exactly have a large sample size... But then, there's not that many places left where an Edge Summon could be if it's not the Windigos.

Maybe we'll find a Wolf-corrupted summon option in the former Woods that's Moth/Edge or Heart/Edge?

Or we focus on the Sacrament we already started.
Also yay, Harmony helps out more than just its own thread of the Tapestry, very nice.

Realistically I think the coming turns should be focused on Name Friending and Sacrament development. Copper can't steal Name Friends.

(Also the Frangiclave is really cool and so are Books okay)

Edit: Mares-in-the-Light are Lantern/Edge Summons @Greymere . To say nothing of Biedde.

Last edited:
We have been told, again and again, that being connected to the Lores pre-laundering means death by Celestia. The manuscripts are direct and obvious evidence that we knew about the Lores prior to the Crown discovering them and, whether or not they know it at that exact moment, directly connects us to Luna's attackers. They are not a "minor thing" by any stretch of the imagination.
And as been pointed out repeatly we cannot hide Velvets Lore knowledge at all, she is 3&4 across the board, the moment Celestia gets a touch of Lantern she will notice that Velvet is a master of the Lores, and kill her. IE we cannot do the supposed Laundering of the lores, because if we do we die.

I wonder if there's an Edge Summon or if Windigos are pulling double duty as both the Winter and Edge summons? Their Lores seem like it might since they have both Winter and Edge 5, but we don't exactly have a large sample size... But then, there's not that many places left where an Edge Summon could be if it's not the Windigos.

Maybe we'll find a Wolf-corrupted summon option in the former Woods that's Moth/Edge or Heart/Edge?
I mean… bro. Putting aside the Edge 3 from the Mares, there's also the Precussiponies. Or there were. Assuming they were the Precussigant equivalent, then they totally would have been Heart/Edge. 4 each IIRC. The other summons in the woods were probably the Moth/Forge summons equivalent, though I don't remember what those were.

Most canon CS summons have at least some Edge, weirdly.

Edit: Mares-in-the-Light are Lantern/Edge Summons @Greymere . To say nothing of Biedde.
Oh I remember. I meant like, Edge primary (I.e. Edge 5, based on a sample size of two :V) not Edge secondary. Bcuz it would be kind of nice to have something that can actually 1v1 a Windigo and not horribly lose.

And perhaps I should have clarified: I was talking about non-unique summons, so not including the Names.

Edit: That being said... yeah, summoning and making friends w/ Biedde is probably our best anti-Windigo defense we'll get. Man I hope we get Luna's Confidant actions and she can summon Names :V

Last edited:
Oh, there's probably nothing that can tank Windigoes easily. They're the MitM equivalent, and those were the fuckers you called if you wanted something dead.

Well, aside from Names, but those are unique.
Meatshields to buy time for the family to GTFO would also be acceptable, but those got ashed along with the Woods (Percussiponies. Presumably). Unless a Wolf-flavored Heart summon is going to replace them.

Last edited:
After being blindsided by the Master last time around, I'm worried about what Windy and Starry are up to. Copper is at least a known threat, but we have no information on the whereabouts of the other two ex-cult members.

I'd like to be more proactive about this, but I have no idea how we can actually take on this problem, especially with how packed our upcoming turns are.

"Ash, be a dear and kill Windigoes this turn. Show them that the spawn of the Mother are greater than those of the Father."

(The energy I get from talk of using Heart-Wolf summons to protect against Winter-Horse summons.)

Last edited:
Meatshields to buy time for the family to GTFO would also be acceptable, but those got ashed along with the Woods (Percussiponies. Presumably). Unless a Wolf-flavored Heart summon is going to replace them.
Mares in the Light would be a pretty solid guard. Lantern to notice attacks, Edge to stop them. Would really love to get one of those summoned.

And as been pointed out repeatly we cannot hide Velvets Lore knowledge at all, she is 3&4 across the board, the moment Celestia gets a touch of Lantern she will notice that Velvet is a master of the Lores, and kill her. IE we cannot do the supposed Laundering of the lores, because if we do we die.
I've seen you mention this a couple of times, but do you have a quote? Because I certainly remember the MANY times we were told "If Celestia finds out and we can't explain, we're dead", but I don't remember a "if Celestia gets Lantern that's insta-game over".

I thought our plan was to introduce the lores in the Bureau, and then pretend we're learning them quickly as a "prodigy".

which is kinda sorta the truth, except that's what happened in the last 18 turns.

Can't we pretend we're starting at 1 or 2 when she sees us and we're slowly (quickly) going up?

I believe they're referencing what Bird said when asking about dangling plot threads, which mentioned that if Celestia gets enough Lantern she'll notice how deep Velvet is in the Lores. This seems to have been taken as a statement that if Celestia gets any Lantern at any point she'll immediately twig that we've been doing shenanigans.

> "I mean, you want to expose her to the Lores, but as her Lantern grows she will inevitably notice that you are very deep in the Lores. How is that not a recipe to disaster?"

Here is the specific statement.

Last edited:
I thought our plan was to introduce the lores in the Bureau, and then pretend we're learning them quickly as a "prodigy".
More like use the Canterlot Expedition as an excuse and maybe reason since, you know, it is right under the castle and the Changelings or other threats might take/have taken advantage of it so of course we had to investigate when we could and look at what we found: A book explaining about the hidden nature of the World, a strange artifact(the Knock one we're not gonna study anyway:V) and even the drawing of the one-circle ritual(that is a maybe but it could help in jumpstarting lore knowledge and maybe hint about the other higher circles).
And the "prodigy" route needs Celestia willing to hear us out at the very least so it might not happen if she doesn't calm down with Luna.

That is just what I had in mind, we need something a little more solid than just that.

Last edited:
Also, just for fairness sake here is the rest of what was said.

> "The second problem I face is that, to put it simply, I don't feel like writing this story right now. Don't get me wrong, I still love this story very much, and its continuation is very much planned. We have Cadance's wedding, the Bureau, and you were about to be introduced to your little "arm's race" with Celestia.
I mean, you want to expose her to the Lores, but as her Lantern grows she will inevitably notice that youare very deep in the Lores. How is that not a recipe to disaster?
Wait, no, stop. This is all near-future spoiler. I shouldn't blab about this if I'm not writing about it.
Back to what I was saying. I don't feel like writing this because, well, life. I have another project I am working on, and I have the whole well-known swathe of adulting that's keeping me busy"

Which rather implies that there won't be an instant loss condition, but rather an… "arm's race", whatever that means. It changes the "how is this not a recipe for disaster" from a sarcastic statement to a genuine question we need to answer.

As Celestias Lantern grows she will realize. "Arms race".
So absolutely something to keep in mind, but not a "as soon as she hits lanter 0 the next thing she hits is you. With a solar beam.".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back