• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Exalted 3E Discussion

I am soooo pumped for Alchemicals.

I'm not. Previously, anyone could become a master of something with just a few charms. Now it takes investment. I mean, what's the point of RPing a Hercules character if any Solar could have his strength in just a few charms?

I... I am disappointed by the charm bloat that is full of overspecialized/niche tricks and "oh noes! keep rerolling more times"
Crap.I really hoped they will keep this in moderation. Nothing wrong with some specialized charms but if they are closer to spells from d&d instead legend defining traits i think they missed entire point of what being a mythical hero is all about.

BTW, Just curious. Is that charm that is using artificial body double still there?

BTW, Just curious. Is that charm that is using artificial body double still there?
Dual Magnus Prana is still there.

I am soooo pumped for Alchemicals.
Don't hold your breath for the official version though.
(Pump, breath, got it? :p)

I'm not. Previously, anyone could become a master of something with just a few charms. Now it takes investment. I mean, what's the point of RPing a Hercules character if any Solar could have his strength in just a few charms?
Then if you want more XP investment, use just one Charm name and put additional repurchases for dice tricks or highly circumstantial bonuses instead of a whole new Charm (preferrably sequentially, and why not, using a dot system - aka Hungry Tiger Technique ••-••••)

https://www.kickstarter.com/project...ition/posts/1392655?ref=backer_project_update

I have finished sending out the messages containing links for the Exalted 3rd Edition Wallpaper files and/or the PDF for EX3 itself!

Please check the message threads from Kickstarter, and your spam folders before messaging me about not getting the links, but if you do have problems, we'll figure it out.

Likewise, if you get the messages with the link(s) but for some reason the download isn't working, please contact DTRPG customer service before contacting me as I have no ability to engage on that aspect of getting you your reward(s). Either way, we will figure out any problems so you get your files. No worries!

As I mentioned in the message with the links for the EX3 PDF, we encourage all backers to use the "Contact Me" button next to my picture to send notes on any technical mistakes you might find, or any errors including missing names in the Backers Credits section. Please be sure to read through carefully to make sure your name is missing and not just in a different section.

For those of you who are not interested in seeing or participating in this method to tune up and finalize EX3, and I understand completely that the visibility of this part of the process may not be to some folks' tastes, you can download the PDF now and wait for the changes to be made and the file in your DTRPG Library will be automatically updated and you can re-download the tweaked version. I will let folks know when the errata changes to the backer PDFs are done, and we are using the finished files for the PoD and Deluxe printers' files, so if you prefer you can choose to download the PDF then.

Several Kickstarters ago, we began to use the inherent "fixability" of PDFs as a step to get another pass at the project before committing to the printed versions, as well as to allowing backers to be those additional hundreds or thousands of eyes on the almost finished project. It has really been both fun for those backers who enjoy such things, and great for the physical books themselves. I've never been on or seen a project with no mistakes in it at all, but with this method we really narrow them down.

For those of you who have already submitted errata: Thank You! We really appreciate you taking the time to get back to us on both the big and the small errors in the book. With that in mind, here are some of the bigger issues we are already aware of and dealing with that have been brought to our attention already:

1- There's an extra page at the end of Chapter 5. Yes there is, and it throws off the two page spreads for the rest of the book. That popped in on this proof after the chapters were gathered into a book in InDesign. We only can figure that it was a slip of the designer's finger during the book creation process and she added one extra pg. Easy to delete as it did not affect the page numbering.

2- Also programmatic as far as we can tell are the odd ways letters are dropping out of words. There is a disconnect between font and program and those drop outs were not there in the previous proofs, so we're trying to see if it is a compression fighting with font thing as well. (I also wonder if some spaces and letters that disappeared are also tied to this, but I'm not absolutely sure about that). You've identified a lot of them, so please keep going as we may need to fix them by hand.

3- There are two sections of the text covered by illustrations: Under the two page spread of The South, and under Fog Shark. Maria is already reviewing how that happened and fixing those.

4- One more thing that occurred during the part of the process where the separate chapters are combined and the usable PDF is made was that the art first on pg 12 of the PDF featuring a whole lot of Solars went from a pretty full range of skin colors to a much flatter range that doesn't accurately depict characters that we've known since first edition. That was not the range in the art I saw originally, so something happened with the layout- we'll fix that. It is very important to us that our characters represent the panoply of races in Exalted.

5- We are missing the "Exalted" header for the Backer Credits, which is certainly a big one. That section of names starts on Pg643 starting with "A. Nonynous". Obviously, we'll get that in there but with this note you should be able to tell better if your name is in there.

6- A far more problematic situation has been brought up by our eagle-eyed posters, in that the full page piece of Chejop contains imagery derived from other people's art. The artist is redoing that piece as well as others where he did not spend enough time on moving past his reference material, like the "cakes" sequel piece, and we will replace them and be done with that particular artist. (If I sound like I am downplaying what a breach of trust and professionalism this is, that's just my "let's solve the problem" voice. I'm absolutely livid with rage about this and both Maria and the artist have had earfulls making that point.)

That particular piece does highlight the value of the errata compilation part of our projects as it was clear that at least one set of the 8,000 potential eyes looking at this Backer PDF immediately recognized the sections of art from other games whereas neither I nor Maria had ever seen that art before. This situation would have been a hundred times worse if we had gone to press for the Deluxe Edition with that piece of art as is.

So, to all of the backers who wanted to dive in and get rolling on their games and/or help with the final errata stages, thanks again!

The response to this new edition has been overwhelmingly awesome and thanks again for your support!

So where can I find info about the various Yozi?

I have most of the books and fan stuff but I want to know where exactly to look for stuff about their personalities and stuff.

I thought they changed stuff about the Yozi when they switched to the 2nd edition?
You'd lose much time parting the good from the bad, so you can't go wrong with Games of Divinity). New ≠ better (ignore the two first chapters of the Infernals book - they suck big time).
By the way how does the whole Patron Yozi and Caste Yozi thing work?
IIRC you get the Charms from the Yozi that sponsors your Caste as favorite, and those of the Yozi that inducts you as an Infernal as well (if both are the same, then you choose a second set of favored Charms freely).

By the way how does the whole Patron Yozi and Caste Yozi thing work?

Mechanically, it opens up another Yozi's charmset for cheaper/easier. Away from my books right now, but I think Caste and Patron Yozi charms get a discount of some sort.

Narratively, it would allow a Yozi (TED, for instance) to use another caste where appropriate. Fiends are great at a lot of things, but a Slayer might be needed for TED's plans to come to fruition. So TED fishes up a Slayer Exaltation, gives it a little juice marking it as 'his' Slayer, and poof! An Ophidian Slayer. Also affects how your Infernal should play. In the case of Defilers, a Cecelyne favored Defiler is more likely to sacrifice perfect order for their own glory and personal goals, where a straight Pyrian Defiler will sacrifice personal goals and glory for perfect order. Also a Patron is usually the one who sets the urge, which dictates the act of villainy and iirc how the limit break expresses itself.

So each caste -should- roleplay a bit differently based on their Patron. In the 2e manual it goes through that Malfean Scourges are more like 'A' than the Pyrian Scourges who are more like 'C.'

Smuthunter, Biigoh, Valette-Serafina, tehelgee, a question of the Derangements caused by a certain shaping ritual in the Scarred By Nightmares sorcerous initiation.

If the sorcerer gains a Derangement which causes him to have an Obsession with Oppai through the esoteric taboo shaping ritual, will it still be valid for the purposes of gameplay and sorcerous shaping action, among other stuff?

Smuthunter, Biigoh, Valette-Serafina, tehelgee, a question of the Derangements caused by a certain shaping ritual in the Scarred By Nightmares sorcerous initiation.

If the sorcerer gains a Derangement which causes him to have an Obsession with Oppai through the esoteric taboo shaping ritual, will it still be valid for the purposes of gameplay and sorcerous shaping action, among other stuff?
I don't see why a sexual obsession would be particularly invalid. You might want to clear it with your group just to make sure they're okay with some presence of sexual content though.

Question: When picking a familiar, and during a game session, said familiar (let's call it a wolf), through shenanigans, managed to gain itself a pack. Will said pack be folded into the familiar merit, or the followers merit?

And will said pack benefit from certain Survival charms, in addition to the familiar proper?

Question: When picking a familiar, and during a game session, said familiar (let's call it a wolf), through shenanigans, managed to gain itself a pack. Will said pack be folded into the familiar merit, or the followers merit?

And will said pack benefit from certain Survival charms, in addition to the familiar proper?

Depends on ST, but I'd say no. You could make them familiars, via the Survival Charm Spirit-Tied Pet, but they wouldn't automatically be your familiars.

So I don't know if anyone noticed, but the backer PDF has patched up some holes that we noticed in the leaked PDF. The "Twilight Pokemon Trainer" anima power is now limited to a number of familiars equal to his permanent essence for example.

So I don't know if anyone noticed, but the backer PDF has patched up some holes that we noticed in the leaked PDF. The "Twilight Pokemon Trainer" anima power is now limited to a number of familiars equal to his permanent essence for example.

So it's not game-breakingly OP, just 'let me whip out my Tyrant Lizard out of nowhere' OP.

It's still limited to spirits, so if you do find a Tyrant Lizard demon/spirit with an Essence 1-3, then good luck to you ;)

So I made some things for Gdocs. I figure most people already have a format they like to use for character sheets online, but I've been using these layouts for 2/2.5, though should be fairly easy to adjust for Ex3, for those who will be playing the third edition.

General Exalted
Alchemicals

They should be searchable since I made them public, too.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/200664283/deluxe-exalted-3rd-edition/posts/1452130

Hello Ex3 Backers and Happy Holidays!
RichT here:

We have updated the Exalted 3rd Tales From the Age of Sorrows Fiction Anthology files on DTRPG.com and they now include the PDF, Mobi, and ePub electronic versions and in a few weeks the Print on Demand physical book version as well. You can find the updated files in your DTRPG.com Library as we have automatically updated your original Tales From the Age of Sorrow PDF to include the changes and other electronic versions.

Based on your feedback on the Backer PDF, we have edited, rearranged the sequencing, and framed one story differently; all to better show the intended direction for the collection. In addition, we have added an entirely new story to further flesh out the stories overall, as well as to say Thank You for all of your patience as we made the changes.

I have the EX3 core book errata changes from the developers and am reviewing that as well as adding my own notes on the design and art, and the backers' names. All of those notes are on an EX3 PDF that I will then go through item by item with Maria, and she will then make the changes. From those files we will update your PDFs, just like I described above for the Anthology, and create PoD printing files and then the Deluxe printing files.

Here is the status of other EX3 projects based on last Monday's Meeting Notes updates:

First Draft (The first phase of a project that is about the work being done by writers, not dev prep)
•Exalted 3rd Novel by Matt Forbeck (Exalted 3rd Edition)
•EX3 Quickstart (Exalted 3rd Edition)

Second Draft
•Arms of the Chosen (Exalted 3rd Edition)
•The Realm (Exalted 3rd Edition)
•Dragon-Blooded (Exalted 3rd Edition)

Thanks!

I hope the Arms book has more detail on creating Evocations.

Apparently they'll leave Charm creation in the Exigent book, so it's likely Arms will just be a catalogue of weapons.

January Exalted Update

Hello Exalted 3rd backers:

RichT here. Right now, I'm awaiting word from the Devs that all of our corrections were made by Maria, all the art we had redone was changed, and no problems have arisen in the layout based on the changes. Once we get that all clear, we'll send the book out to get its index created, and we will be on the way to a finished PDF and able to create the files for the PoD and traditionally printed (the Deluxes) versions.

Meanwhile, here is the status of additional EX3 projects.

First Draft (The first phase of a project that is about the work being done by writers, not dev prep)
•Exalted 3rd Novel by Matt Forbeck (Exalted 3rd Edition)
•Ex Backer Charms (Exalted 3rd Edition) Being playtested.

Redlines
•EX3 Quickstart (Exalted 3rd Edition)

Second Draft
•Arms of the Chosen (Exalted 3rd Edition)
•The Realm (Exalted 3rd Edition)
•Dragon-Blooded (Exalted 3rd Edition)

I talked to our Exalted music suite composer the other day, and after several large life upheavals and moving into a new music studio, he is working on the Lunars theme.

Thanks!

Every time I see one of these updates I am reminded that EX3 is not actually out yet.

This time that was accompanied by the realisation that it's now 2016. And EX3 is still not actually out yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back