• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Exalted 3E Discussion

I just wish that one could avoid all complaints every damn time 3e is brought up. Yes, we get it, you don't like it. I mean, I'm about some twenty or so pages behind in SV's exalted thread as there's just so many people ragging on 3e all the time.
At some point hopefully they'll start directing that energy into fixing 3e in a way that preserves the genuine improvements.

But that's a lot of Charm re-writes.

Well.... the other issues with complicated dice roll is some of us can only play TRPG/Exalted via web. It isn't terribly crippling if you use IRC or Skype-bot, but it's huge problem on play-by-post game, since the game essentially paused for each roll.

I'd rather have charm bloat than charms with built in upgrades.
I see things the other way around.

I'd rather have Charms with built-in, easily referenced upgrade paths, stuff like 'Taboo-Inflicting Diatribe o through ooooo' which instantly tell you what degree of WTFness you can expect. Fewer Charm names to remember, confine little dice tricks and simple, flavorless performance enhancers under a single umbrella.

I see things the other way around.

I'd rather have Charms with built-in, easily referenced upgrade paths, stuff like 'Taboo-Inflicting Diatribe o through ooooo' which instantly tell you what degree of WTFness you can expect. Fewer Charm names to remember, confine little dice tricks and simple, flavorless performance enhancers under a single umbrella.

All the Charm upgrades are specific to that Charm's function, they're not general function abilities, like the more generic Charms are.

Excellencies do a rather good job there. It's my opinion that they were one of the greatest steps forward from Ex1 to Ex2.

Honestly, I wouldn't mind a sort of "General" Charm set that contains the meat and potato effects, like dice adders or extra Health Levels or Elsewhere Storage, or a Ki/Essence Sense thingy.

Leave more room for the splat specific Charmsets to have cool stuff.

Y'know what'd be interesting?
A game where the realm is falling into major civil turmoil, as a result of a small number of Taken (IE, the culture of mortals and Stonebearers, who're mostly still mortal, from...well..the Stonebearers homebrew) managed to interdimensionally drop themselves into the place, and are now both engaging in guerrilla warfare with the Realm and inciting the peasantry by teaching them the blasphemous art of stealing the power of elementals by trapping them in gems and jamming those gems into your body.

And the players are Dynasts.

Honestly, I wouldn't mind a sort of "General" Charm set that contains the meat and potato effects, like dice adders or extra Health Levels or Elsewhere Storage, or a Ki/Essence Sense thingy.

Leave more room for the splat specific Charmsets to have cool stuff.

They had that in 2e. The Excellency sets. Most people hated them.

I kind of find the basic excellencies to be useful, along with the other generic charms. Sure they're boring and what not... but if you have them in the "general" charm section, you can then devote your charm sections to actual interesting and novel stuff that doesn't involve dice mechanics like rerolls if you get a result of 1 or 6 and so on.

New Kickstarter update. Final Backers' pdf is due in a month, and then it's PoD/Deluxe print time... sometimes?

Some additional news....

HOLDEN- Lotta typos and small errors swept out, two Charms cut (the two Craft Charms that dealt with Evocations in a way that no longer makes sense), some clarifications to Charm timing and Charm Type interactions were made, naval combat got a very small patch (added a fast-mounting penalty when you're getting dogpiled, so you can't just effortlessly beat 10 ships solo by flexing the Excellency), a few spells cleaned up, Mists of Eventide's control effect slightly nerfed, a few layout issues corrected, tables neatened, and the less-than-satisfactory art pieces were replaced with brand new, much better ones. (Yes, this includes that godawful PS1 cutscene Chompy pic.)

More Additional news

"RichT here. Right now, we are sending the totally corrected PDF out to get its index created, which should take a month, and once that is accomplished, we will have a finished PDF and be able to create the files for the PoD and traditionally printed (the Deluxes) versions."
-From the EX3 Kickstarter February Update

So a month for release, or so they say...

So apparently the updated text may be out next week. As well as the PoD. We may have amphibian climate perturbation soon?

https://www.kickstarter.com/project...ition/posts/1534767?ref=backer_project_update

Hello Deluxe EX3 backers-
RichT here:
PDF/PoD Versions of EX3

Right now, I am waiting for the PoD proofs for Exalted 3rd Edition to arrive from the PoD printer. Should those be printed to our satisfaction, and I OK the proofs, we'll put the updated PDF and the PoD book version up for sale onDriveThruRPG.com for the general public, maybe as soon as next week.
Your Backer PDFs will be automatically updated to the updated PDF, and will be in your DTRPG LIbrary area.
Because this has taken so very long, we want to say thanks to you for all of your great support.
So before the PDF/PoD versions go on sale on DTRPG, we will send every backer a link for a discounted version of the PoD, cut to as close to the cost for us to print it as we can get it.
This PoD version is NOT the Deluxe version you pledged for. We are offering the EX3 PoD at cost for those backers who want it, not as anything you have to do. Your Deluxe EX3 that you pledged for is being prepped for the traditional printing that is part of this KS.
Deluxe EX3

We use the PoD as our last proof that the files are as we want them, as traditional printing files and PoD files are pretty much prepped the same way. If the PoD proofs are good, we will then get the traditional printing files ready and out to our printer.
At the same time, those other projects from the Kickstarter that ship with the Deluxe EX3 (both Deluxe versions) like the EX3 Screenand the canvas poster map, also will go to their printers.
Other EX3 Projects

Here are where other EX3 projects are in their production:
First Draft (The first phase of a project that is about the work being done by writers, not dev prep)
•Exalted 3rd Novel by Matt Forbeck (Exalted 3rd Edition)
Redlines
•EX3 Quickstart (Exalted 3rd Edition)
Second Draft
•Arms of the Chosen (Exalted 3rd Edition)
•The Realm (Exalted 3rd Edition)
•Dragon-Blooded (Exalted 3rd Edition)
In Art Direction
•EX3 Backer Charms – Sketches coming in and being reviewed.
I've also been talking with our composer for the Ex3 Music Suitesand he is starting work on the Sidereals theme, and we should have very good news about the Novia novel in April.
Thanks!

Last edited:
Might wanna fix the coloring there, Bii.

Yowza.

1wfsbNr.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back