• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Exalted 3E Discussion

Excuse me, I should have said pen and paper tabletop.
dh01_feature.jpg
As opposed to miniatures tabletop

I don't think comparing Exalted and Warhammer 40k is fair. While both universes run on the rule of cool, but WH40k is far better known, popular and so you are more likely to find a good novel fitting your tastes among dozens of bad ones or inconsistent in lore.

Exalted had only few novelizations. And from what I saw many many times before peaople will quickly jump into power level wank aguments even more childlish than Spartan versus Space Marine discusuions, instead trying to enjoy epic story. Personally I think that autors just followed Golden Rules and discarded any mechanic and dice generating builds and other parts of crunch and just focused purely on nattarive. Wich is completly logical and resonable to do in my opinion.

Personally I think that autors just followed Golden Rules and discarded any mechanic and dice generating builds and other parts of crunch and just focused purely on nattarive. Wich is completly logical and resonable to do in my opinion.
Hahaha fucknope, one of the stories from the Kickstarter collection had a Dragon Blooded Exalt a second time as a Solar. It's not ignoring crunch, it's fucking the setting's lore in the ass without lube.

Hahaha fucknope, one of the stories from the Kickstarter collection had a Dragon Blooded Exalt a second time as a Solar. It's not ignoring crunch, it's fucking the setting's lore in the ass without lube.
There's the Golden Rule, and there's this stupid shit -_-;

...Although, I once had a fantasy that had a DB exalt as a Solar as well. (Well, as in someone who's expected to become a DB turn into a Solar instead :V)

I did not know that. I admit this is going to far. But in my defence. I was refering to abandoning crunch aspects not fluff. Gameplay segregation from storyteling.

That's happened in canon. Pretty sure in every edition, too.
You sure? I suspect something like that happening in 1ed, but in 2ed too?
Maybe it was some dynast that almost exalted as Dragon Blood but Sol said ''Nope, Mine!'' and turned it into Solar?

...if you mean unExalted DB, then yeah, it's totally canon.

But I confess this is the first time I heard DB become Solar happened in all editions, barring ultra-complicated shenanigan.

One of the current Signature Solars is a Dynast IIRC.

Remember that having Dragonblood-parentage only gives you the potential to exalt as a Dragonblood. There is no guarantee (even with excellent breeding, the bloodlines are still diluted and you might get unlucky).
So just having the potential to exalt as a Dragonblood doesn't preclude you from gaining a Celestial Exaltation. Only when you're actually an Exalt you can no longer gain another Exaltation. Just like a Solar can't exalt again as an Abyssal or Infernal.

So there's no metaphysical problem here in the first place - as long as it's someone who is not already an Exalt.
And Dynasts do admittedly make interesting candidates for Solar Exaltation. They already hoped to Exalt, but their new Exaltation pits them against their faith and peers. They also had lots and lots of training - now wasted, if not for their Solar Exaltation. It has the potential for a good story.

And that's probably what that author was going for. Of course, they utterly failed and oversaw a major flaw - if you already have access to dragonblood charms (on account of having exalted as one), you can't exalt as a solar. There are no double-exaltations, ever.

Yes, yes, I know Dynast, Patrician, and other potential, unExalted DB-Parentage person can totally Exalt as Anathema. And...
... I admit I vaguely feel insulted that it is implied I don't know those fact.

Just like a Solar can't exalt again as an Abyssal or Infernal.
Bad example, since Abyssals can potentially be redeemed into Solars (through Redemption is supposed to often end in the Abyssal's death, and cleasing of his Exaltation before it gets a new host), and Solars can be converted to Abyssals via a Monstrance of Celestial Portion ;)

Bad example, since Abyssals can potentially be redeemed into Solars (through Redemption is supposed to often end in the Abyssal's death, and cleasing of his Exaltation before it gets a new host), and Solars can be converted to Abyssals via a Monstrance of Celestial Portion ;)

Does it count as Re-Exaltation?

Here's the Final PDF for Exalted 3rd Edition. Thanks for your input on the first PDF.

Onyx Path Publishing sent you this email through DriveThruRPG.com to alert you that the file for Exalted Third Edition has been updated. You can get the updated version now at your My Library page.

If you would like to change how you receive emails from Onyx Path Publishing, go here or copy this URL into your internet browser: http://www.drivethrurpg.com/account_contact_options.php. Once you log into your account, you can change your email settings for Onyx Path Publishing.

You should only be receiving this email if you have ordered Exalted Third Edition (even if it was free). If this email from Onyx Path Publishing has inappropriate content, please contact us.

Because I <3 you guys. We came up with this in my Alchemical game when we were joking about fighting like Penny from RWBY as a thing.

Weapons Puppeteer Systems
Cost: 6m 1wp [1m] Mins: Dexterity 5, Essence 3
Type: Supplemental, Extra Action
Keywords: Obvious, Combo-Basic
Duration: One Scene
Prerequisite: Limb-Extension Armatures
Almost invisibile Moonsilver wires are mounted to Orichalicum reels, installed in the back of the Champion. These wires are attached to weapons the Champion is attuned to, allowing the Alchemical to puppet these weapons as if they were held in nearly hands.

These attuned weapons are hefted with less strength than that of the Alchemical has to bear, (Strength is counted as being one less for purposes of meeting the requirements of wielding the weapon) but strike just as hard, due to momentum.

For the rest of the scene, the Alchemical may direct these weapons within a range of (Essence x 2) or (Essence x 4) for Essence 6 or greater champions. All attacks made with this charm gain the R tag, just as with its prerequisite. Extra attacks and flurries made with this charm removes (Dexterity) extra action penalties to a minimum of 0.

A total number of (Dexterity+Essence) weapons may be wired at anytime, and it takes and hour of work to remove or swap weapons, as the wire's hold on the weapon must be secure.

Submodules
Identical Weapon Protocols(3 xp)
Weapons forged in sets are best used for this charm, especially with this submod. If all weapons are identical, then making a flurry only imposes a DV penalty equal to the highest among any single attack.
Integrated Weapon Protocols(2xp, Integrated Artifact System) A unique interaction with Integrated Artifact System allows the Alchemical to draw integrated weapons directly onto the wire ends.
Tri-Blade Essence Cannon (Perception 6, Dexterity 6, Essence 4) An additional Orichalicum mount is included on the end of the wires attached to the weapon, a group of three coming together to made a new weapon. This allows for three weapons to come together and fire a blast of superheated air charged with Essence comparable to an Siege Devastator Cannon. Speed 6; Accuracy +0; +15L/20B Damage; Rate (Number of groups of 3); Range 200; Tags F, P; 1m per Shot
Omni-Puppet Essence Cannon (Dexterity 7, Essence 5, Tri-Blade Essence Cannon) This Moonsilver processor is installed into the rack of reels in the Champion's back, allowing all of the puppeted weapons to come together for a large blast. The Alchemical adds +3L/+6B, 15 range, and 1m to the cost of the shot for every weapon beyond 3 in the group being used to make the Essence Cannon.

I also came up with this, because I wanted Alchemicals to sorta have a precursor to Relentless Lunar Fury. It lacks any 'Fury-OK' type keywords and builds clarity, but its certainly something that might fit into some playstyles.

Overclocked Alchemical Precision
Cost: 4m, 1 wp, 1 Clarity [2m] Mins: Intelligence 4, Essence 3
Type: Supplemental
Keywords: Exemplar 1, Combo-Basic, Obvious
Duration: (Essence+2) Actions
Prerequisite Charms: Any Intelligence Augment
Moonsilver threads through the Champion's brain, leading to delicate Starmetal nodes, almost metal nerves in and of themselves. When activated, essence runs along the threads and arcs between the nodes, vastly increase the precision of the Champion, and removing any hesitation from their actions. Irrelevant information is naturally ignored, the Alchemical's course is obvious and comes quickly, imposing a -1 internal penalty to Perception rolls.

The Alchemical's streamlined actions and heightened perception lasts for a time ((Essence+2) actions) before the charm must cool. While in this state, all of the Alchemical's actions receive a -1 bonus to speed (to the usual minimum of 3), and a full aim action bonus to all attacks (As these dice are circumstantial, they do not count against dice caps, but neither does this Aim bonus benefit from the Motion-Tracking Glance Optical Enhancement submodule).

Submodules
Blades of Coolant(3xp)
Small Black Jade blades are mounted around the Starmetal nodes, keeping them cooler for longer, drawing heat from the active charm. The submodule increases the duration of Overclocked Alchemical Precision by 1 per install. This can be installed up to (Wits) times.
Probability of Success Processors Additional nodes and threads of Starmetal and Moonsilver run down the Alchemical's spine and into the first major nerve clusters of the Champion's limbs, greatly increasing the precision of the Champion, as mental commands are carried out quicker. This submodule add one automatic success to all actions the Alchemical currently has an augmentation installed for and is using. Fourth Augmentations count for this success.

Edit: Random bolding wtf

Because I <3 you guys. We came up with this in my Alchemical game when we were joking about fighting like Penny from RWBY as a thing.

Weapons Puppeteer Systems
Cost: 6m 1wp [1m] Mins: Dexterity 5, Essence 3
Type: Supplemental, Extra Action
Keywords: Obvious, Combo-Basic
Duration: One Scene
Prerequisite: Limb-Extension Armatures
Almost invisibile Moonsilver wires are mounted to Orichalicum reels, installed in the back of the Champion. These wires are attached to weapons the Champion is attuned to, allowing the Alchemical to puppet these weapons as if they were held in nearly hands.

These attuned weapons are hefted with less strength than that of the Alchemical has to bear, (Strength is counted as being one less for purposes of meeting the requirements of wielding the weapon) but strike just as hard, due to momentum.

For the rest of the scene, the Alchemical may direct these weapons within a range of (Essence x 2) or (Essence x 4) for Essence 6 or greater champions. All attacks made with this charm gain the R tag, just as with its prerequisite. Extra attacks and flurries made with this charm removes (Dexterity) extra action penalties to a minimum of 0.

A total number of (Dexterity+Essence) weapons may be wired at anytime, and it takes and hour of work to remove or swap weapons, as the wire's hold on the weapon must be secure.

Submodules
Identical Weapon Protocols(3 xp)
Weapons forged in sets are best used for this charm, especially with this submod. If all weapons are identical, then making a flurry only imposes a DV penalty equal to the highest among any single attack.
Integrated Weapon Protocols(2xp, Integrated Artifact System) A unique interaction with Integrated Artifact System allows the Alchemical to draw integrated weapons directly onto the wire ends.
Tri-Blade Essence Cannon (Perception 6, Dexterity 6, Essence 4) An additional Orichalicum mount is included on the end of the wires attached to the weapon, a group of three coming together to made a new weapon. This allows for three weapons to come together and fire a blast of superheated air charged with Essence comparable to an Siege Devastator Cannon. Speed 6; Accuracy +0; +15L/20B Damage; Rate (Number of groups of 3); Range 200; Tags F, P; 1m per Shot
Omni-Puppet Essence Cannon (Dexterity 7, Essence 5, Tri-Blade Essence Cannon) This Moonsilver processor is installed into the rack of reels in the Champion's back, allowing all of the puppeted weapons to come together for a large blast. The Alchemical adds +3L/+6B, 15 range, and 1m to the cost of the shot for every weapon beyond 3 in the group being used to make the Essence Cannon.

I also came up with this, because I wanted Alchemicals to sorta have a precursor to Relentless Lunar Fury. It lacks any 'Fury-OK' type keywords and builds clarity, but its certainly something that might fit into some playstyles.

Overclocked Alchemical Precision
Cost: 4m, 1 wp, 1 Clarity [2m] Mins: Intelligence 4, Essence 3
Type: Supplemental
Keywords: Exemplar 1, Combo-Basic, Obvious
Duration: (Essence+2) Actions
Prerequisite Charms: Any Intelligence Augment
Moonsilver threads through the Champion's brain, leading to delicate Starmetal nodes, almost metal nerves in and of themselves. When activated, essence runs along the threads and arcs between the nodes, vastly increase the precision of the Champion, and removing any hesitation from their actions. Irrelevant information is naturally ignored, the Alchemical's course is obvious and comes quickly, imposing a -1 internal penalty to Perception rolls.

The Alchemical's streamlined actions and heightened perception lasts for a time ((Essence+2) actions) before the charm must cool. While in this state, all of the Alchemical's actions receive a -1 bonus to speed (to the usual minimum of 3), and a full aim action bonus to all attacks (As these dice are circumstantial, they do not count against dice caps, but neither does this Aim bonus benefit from the Motion-Tracking Glance Optical Enhancement submodule).

Submodules
Blades of Coolant(3xp)
Small Black Jade blades are mounted around the Starmetal nodes, keeping them cooler for longer, drawing heat from the active charm. The submodule increases the duration of Overclocked Alchemical Precision by 1 per install. This can be installed up to (Wits) times.
Probability of Success Processors Additional nodes and threads of Starmetal and Moonsilver run down the Alchemical's spine and into the first major nerve clusters of the Champion's limbs, greatly increasing the precision of the Champion, as mental commands are carried out quicker. This submodule add one automatic success to all actions the Alchemical currently has an augmentation installed for and is using. Fourth Augmentations count for this success.

Edit: Random bolding wtf
Those ones are designed for Ex2, by the way.

Hmmm... The more I look at it, the more I think Tri-Blade Essence Cannon should be a charm of its own, rather than a submod.

Arise!

I am seeking feedback on an artifact armor I'm designing for a 3E game. I've not started any evocations yet, and am in fact stumped on a possible theme.

Glimmer Steel (Silken Armor, Artifact *****)

Glimmer Steel is a set of extremely elaborate and opulent clothes that even an elder Solar Exalted of the First Age would be pleased with. Glimmer Steel is colored with varying shades of grey, highlighted with deep violet and veins of gold, and tastefully embroidered with designs bringing to mind elemental essences. Light dances along the embroidered designs, making them seem to move across the fabric on their own.

Close inspection reveals that the gold tracing through Glimmer Steel is not actually gold, but orichalcum. The orichalcum is fine wires, hair thin, and braided into thicker threads. The placement of the orichalcum allows it reinforce the clothing against blows, offering more protection than most mundane armors.

The embroidered designs are not mere decoration either, being fine wires of all colors of jade. Black jade rivers flow through white jade hills, red jade fires dance through green jade forests, and all beneath blue jade clouds. All these jade wires also reinforce the armor's strength while maintaining its flexibility and lightness.

Glimmer Steel predates even the Usurpation and the Shogunate, commissioned by the Lunar Chirsa of Meru for her Solar mate and lover Mischievous Shen, a noted Eclipse Caste martial artist. Glimmer Steel's purpose was to give an increase in much needed protection to its wearer, and it was a resounding success in that regard. Its appearance was also well received, and Shen was much pleased by his lover's gift.

Glimmer Steel was not locked away in a tomb or vault, and it has appeared several times in the thousands of years since the First Age ended. Helped by the fact that it is one of the rare artifacts that can be worn by even the mundane(counting as Medium Armor), it has been worn by kings, nobles, bandits, and even Dynasts.

Due to its Solar intended design, Glimmer Steel doesn't have much of a concrete legend behind it. It doesn't have any well known abilities or powers due to only offering Solars any increased function.

Any Solar who attunes to Glimmer Steel finds that it has increased soak and hardness, equivalent to Medium Artifact Armor, but it retains all the other statistics of Light Artifact Armor, and does not count as armor for the purpose of Martial Arts styles that cannot be used with armor.

Should any Exalted other than a Solar attune to Glimmer Steel, it functions only as regular Silken Armor, and does not provide any Evocations.

Tell me what you think!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back