• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

favorite quotes or quotes you created yourself

"If everyone's cheating, no one's cheating. Therefore, it's a fair fight."

From the movie 'Duck, You Sucker.'

Juan Miranda: [mimicking John] Sh, sh, sh, sh, sh, SHIT, SHUSH! I know what I am talking about when I am talking about revolutions! The people who read the books go to the people who can't read the books, the poor people, and say, "We have to have a change." So, the poor people make the change, ah? And then, the people who read the books, they all sit around the big polished tables, and they talk and talk and talk and eat and eat and eat, eh? But what has happened to the poor people? THEY ARE DEAD! That's your revolution! Sh... so, please... don't tell me about revolutions. And what happens afterwards? The same fucking thing starts all over again!

"You will find that some people won't be swayed by all the logic in the world. Those kinds of people can only be spoken to with the language of power."

(This is a recurring quote in my stories.)

Guess I can add my own two cents:

Things die, let them.
Love is pain, lack of love is suffering.
Morality is a mirror, everyone sees something else.
A bad man has no rules, a good man needs no rules, but beware a man who has rules.
The fear of missing out makes us miss the entirety of our lives.
For what is madness, but the last refuge of the wise

Rape is too easy, if you rely on it, it soon becomes your answer to everything.
Is someone not loving you?
Rape.
Is someone fighting with you?
Rape.
Are you hungry?
Rape.
You must contain the normal rape of holding your body and be creative! And the artist must paint more than a clear field! He must paint storms, paint waterfalls, paint everything!

And that is why rape is wrong.

Because some roads you shouldn't go down. Because maps used to say, "There be dragons here." Now they don't. But that don't mean the dragons aren't there.

Not created by me, I remember my father telling me this as a young boy. "Never be afraid of monsters. Why do you think it's hiding in the closet, under your bed, in the dark forest. It's afraid of US. People are the most terrible monsters of all. Remember boy when you get scared, you're the monster, act like it."

Striving for a flattering eulogy
Once again, it fall on us to make their best arguments for them
Those are some fragile load-bearing assumptions you've got there.
It is another one of those irregular verbs: I discern people's hidden meanings, you push novel interpretations, he dwells in tinfoil hat land.
This is where thinking about the pragmatics of language becomes useful. In this context, people use "I am empathetic" to mean "I show no charity to my opposition, and there's no pleading to special to my friends".

"The problem is not that there is evil in the world, the problem is that there is good. Because, otherwise, who would care?"

From VM Vargo in the show Fargo. One of the most evil fuckers in television.

"Very few things don't die when repeatedly shot in the face." - Me playing Monster Hunter Now.

"Very few things don't die when repeatedly shot in the face." - Me playing Monster Hunter Now.
Lies and slander. Guns are incredibly inefficient killing tools in the Monster Hunter World. Just ask any Bowgunner and his inventory stuffed full of bullets, with expectation of coming home with less than 20% of them at the end of the day.

Big heavy metal bludgeon (optional sharpness) however, is timeless.

Last edited:
Lies and slander. Guns are incredibly inefficient killing tools in the Monster Hunter World. Just ask any Bowgunner and his inventory stuffed full of bullets, with expectation of coming home with less than 20% of them at the end of the day.

Big heavy metal bludgeon (optional sharpness) however, is timeless.

I use a gunlance. Tried other weapons, but that's the one that stuck.

Reactions: Oth
I have an entire Google doc quotes I've written and quotes saved from other people

here are some of mine

they looked like us;they weren't.
they seemed as if they loved us; they didn't.

we were the first.
they were the last
and the only left.
I wish we didn't but we did
we loved them for we believed in

Adam and Eve

Do not fear but pray for heaven is a lie in which god is dead. your fate is now free Corrupted into free will reshaped for broken chain's. Reach an epiphany that the Apple Grant's the apotheosis of apathy for to sin is to

Be a vessel of the reversed wing

I have this one saved for whatever reason.

"Took the E off of emotion and been on go ever since."

"Be scarier, be meaner than it, Talker"

-Captain Knifehand(I forgot his non-nickname)from Forgotten Ruin by Jason Anspach of Wargate Books

"It's all fun and games until the Roomba summons a demon."

~Some Anon about a picture of a Ouija board painted on a wood floor.

YT shorts is throwing Abridged clips at my phone. This line is too good and probably pretty applicable for any setting with Hell.

"Can I sue someone in Hell?"

"There's enough lawyers."

"In his experience, Hel had found that only older North American drivers, with the long distances they habitually travel on good roads with competent machines, have become inured to the automobile as toy and as manhood metaphor. The French driver's infantile recklessness often annoyed him, but not so much as did the typical Italian driver's use of the automobile as an extension of his penis, or the British driver's use of it as a substitute." -- Trevanian, Shibumi

From the Video Game Grim Tides

"When the dark closes in, Your own mind is your worst enemy"
Mua-Ta Proverb and the Arc Words of the series.

"They want this man, not just dead, but despised. Kicked out of every store, growled at by every dog, hissed at by every cat, bitten by every rat, spat on by every beggar, the villain in every childhood cautionary tale."
-quote from Hell is Empty, All the Devils are Here, by slyfoxcub.

"It's like there was a rulebook given out to everyone in elementary school, for all the various social rules and things that everyone's expected to just...know. I was either absent when they were handing them out, or wasn't given a copy."
-me, explaining my difficulties with social norms

"I have an internal, mental battery, that is drained by social interaction and recharged by engaging in my nerd hobbies. If I'm forced to engage in the former, without being provided the latter, don't be surprised when I shut down."
-me, explaining why I don't socialize at family gatherings

A quote I made up to cheer someone in a Discord server:
Believe in me that believes in you who believes in yourself. You can't do it because you fear you will fail? Then do so with a smile in your face. The world is your oyster, and you are its pearl.

Failure means you achieved something worthwhile. Try again and move forward. The path isn't laid in front of you, for you are the one who will create that path towards the one you want the most.

Each failure and setback will lead into your true talent. Never give up. Persevere. This is your moment. Its time for you to turn that move into a momentum of greatness. It doesn't matter if you feel like a burden. So long as you can hear the world itself singing, from the bird calls to the machines brought by man to the very stars twinkling up above, you are ALIVE! And that is one hell of a blank paper for you to write in!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back