• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Flickering Embers [MTG/ZnT] Quest

Vindictus said:
Hey, that's not right- MTG came FIRST.

Yu-Gi-Oh is a crappy asian knockoff, which happens to have an anime about it.

I know... but description-wise, it's somewhat accurate.

Biigoh said:
MTG is like Yugi-Oh with 1/10 the health/attack/defense power of cards and needs resources to use cards.

It is also an expensive habit if you go "legit" Friday Night Magic matches/tournament as opposed to casuals...

I want to mix them all together because srsly, our world has places like all of that and while it's normal to just imagine one...

Time passes.

Islands rise due to volcanoes, the plates shift and they become mountainous, below them you find plains, and eventually the ash of the volcanoes can fertilize the land leading to lush jungles, but there are tiny little swamps here and there.

Seriously, unless you live far away from the sun or too close there will be seasons and different climates.

And just look at mother fucking Hawaii!

I don't want to be one boring place that stays the same forever, always a plain or a mountain or a jungle or a swarm. I want to have different sides to me! If I was a land mass I'd fucking love to be Hawaii! I have awesome beaches and jungles and motherfucking volcanoes all in one!

Let's be Hawaii. Let's be a fucking world, with all that shit.

Surrounded by the endless Void of Space.

Soooo.. 5 color planeswalker... Heh.. Would be interesting.. Only one other like it out there..

crazyfoxdemon said:
Soooo.. 5 color planeswalker... Heh.. Would be interesting.. Only one other like it out there..
I assume Halk's world is similar to our own.

In that yes, all those kind of places are there. But more awesome, like how Britain floats.

Hawaii must be fucking hardcore.

Lilithium said:
I assume Halk's world is similar to our own.

In that yes, all those kind of places are there. But more awesome, like how Britain floats.

Hawaii must be fucking hardcore.

I'd actually be more interested in what their version of Australia is like...

Actually, note that there are MULTICOLOR lands, and "volcanoes" count as red. While islands could as blue.

It's literally,

Plains/desert for WHITE mana
Forest/Jungles for GREEN mana
Mountains/Volcanoes and such for RED mana
Swamps/Crypts and other dark places for BLACK mana
Islands/Sea for BLUE mana.

And then you get strange non-basic land that give you assorted colors or non-colors or... what the hell, did that forest JUST get UP AND START WALKING?!?! or even give you life, boost your creatures, hurt things, fuck with time, resurrect creatures...

228.jpg

http://magiccards.info/zen/en/228.html

218.jpg

http://magiccards.info/zen/en/218.html

213.jpg

http://magiccards.info/zen/en/213.html

crazyfoxdemon said:
I'd actually be more interested in what their version of Australia is like...

The countries name is a synonym for 'death' in every land that hears of it. Few do, because none who set foot upon its shores return. To drive your ship up to its beach is a death sentence for all the crew and passengers, to fly an airship over it is to take your life into your own sweaty and slippery hands.

Chibi-Reaper said:
The countries name is a synonym for 'death' in every land that hears of it. Few do, because none who set foot upon its shores return. To drive your ship up to its beach is a death sentence for all the crew and passengers, to fly an airship over it is to take your life into your own sweaty and slippery hands.
Sounds like a good place for Louise to find some summons!

[X] Mountains, burning and strong, powerful and passionate.
- - [X] Pyretic Ritual (gain 3 red mana) for a cost of 1 colorless, 1 red
- - - - [X] Seething Song (gain 5 red mana) for a cost of 2 colorless, 1 red
- - - - [X] Reverberate x 2 on Seething Song (gain 10 red mana) for a cost of 4 red
- - - - - - [X] Elemental Appeal (14/1 elemental token summon with haste, lasts 1 turn) for 9 red
- - [X] Pyretic Ritual (gain 3 red mana) for a cost of 1 colorless, 1 red
- - - - [X] Seething Song (gain 5 red mana) for a cost of 2 colorless, 1 red
- - - - [X] Reverberate x 2 on Seething Song (gain 10 red mana) for a cost of 4 red
- - - - - - - - [X] Banefire the elemental BEFORE it destroys the wall! (10 dmg, unpreventable, uncounterable) for a cost of 10 colorless, 1 red

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And so it is that as Louise casts, her mind goes to the mountains on the borders between her family's land... And the Zerbst's land. A land of conflict, where many a battle has been fought. A place steeped in rivalry, ever since the Germanians had over ran so much of old Tristania...

A place of passion and fury, flame and defiance.. A place where one proves themselves, much as she is now. Is it any surprise that as she exalts in not being a failure, a song of passion rises to her lips? As her wand shifts in the exact angles that gleam rightly and correctly in her minds eye, a ritual who's origin she knows not? As fire shines in her eyes and a glowing ember awakens in her heart?

The power, the joy, the delight.. is it unexpected that she might loose control of herself in her glee, and once more cast on instinct? The echoing repetitions of her acts lending her more power then she truly suspects?

Truly it is not.. And so it is that as her power rises, it shines like a beacon to things with the right senses to see it. No human eyes can see it.. but to the spirits that live in the mountains she dreams of, the elemental appeal of the gate her power has forged.. can not be denied.

It comes, strong as the stone, old as the peaks, burning like the mountains heart. It rises from the ground and emerges from the boiling air.. A great spirit, a grand spirit...

A spirit that the summoner, in her shock and fear and lack of experience, does not under stand how to control. A spirit that breaks free, to rage and burn and glory in the ardent blaze.

No, decides the summoner. This shall not be. And once more the wand is raised, the song sears through the air, the nine pronged star of fire is drawn.

And fire beyond heat, conflagration beyond the wildest dreams of the blaze, a storm that holds no water... Dragonflame comes forth, and burns the sky and earth in equal amounts. The spirit is devoured by it's own element, and not even ash is left behind.

...It's about this time when Louise really notices the charred crater in the earth that the spirit's rise formed, the blasted hole through the wall beyond her chastment of said spirit caused.. which goes through the far wall.. and the wall beyond that.. and the wall beyond that.. and, well, to sum it up there isn't a wall between her and the sky in that direction any more... Even the central vault has been violated, it's defenses overcome in a flash of molten heat.

And one of the maidstaff has been blown head over heels and is half dangling out of the far hole in the wall.

..And not even twenty four hours after her princess asked her not to cause a scene of mass destruction again.

Oops. And thus the choice to skedaddle is very rapidly made. After all, she's been in her room, studying, all evening, and most surely hasn't been experimenting with horribly destructive powers!

...She's going to have to learn some control over this, isn't she?

And was that a spirit? but... Only firstborn magic can effect spirits....

.......Right. Denial time. She's good at that. And maybe practice with a little less power from now on...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Gain 'Bolero of Fire' at Rank F, Increase 'Burn Resistance' to C++, Gain 'Power Overwhelming' at rank F++.

And so it is, that in the days that follow, Louise spends her time practicing...

[ ] Her ability to launch spells instantly, at will and at speed (Instants)
[ ] The complexity and power of her spells (Sorceries)
[ ] Spell effects that are anchored onto objects (Enchantments and Artifacts)
[ ] Molding long lasting patterns of magic, that continue without her active attention (Enchantments and Summons)

But beyond the red song that gleams in her dreams, what other color of magic does she find herself calling upon?
[ ] White, Order and Peace, Law and Stasis
[ ] Blue, Perceptive and Experimenting, Scheming and Unattached
[ ] Green, Growing and Vital, Deadly and Merciless
[ ] Black, Ambitious and Determined, Malice and Curses

And beyond that, what else do you do with your time? What events happen as the world moves on?
[ ] Kirche, that Zerbst, seems to be poking around for some reason.. as does that blue haired friend of hers.
[ ] Do to the extreme amount of injured, you find yourself pressed into helping the medical staff.
[ ] The headmaster's Secretary seems interested in you for some reason.. or at least has conscripted you to help her out with some stuff
[ ] Count Mott has been seen around the academy quite often recently...
So, this is your chance to decide what spells and types of magic Louise will be able to do on purpose, without risking badness, before the first true adventure happens. A choice of tools for her toolbox. You've fixed her in as red, but what other color does she choose to practice? Of course, some combinations will come easier to her then others...

Last edited by a moderator:
... That was Awesome!

Can we do that again? Deliberately, only without the summoning bit, and with all that magic dedicated to BaneFire?

So Awesome.

Okay, now that that's out if my system, voting.

[X] The complexity and power of her spells (Sorceries)

Can't decide on her second color. Not up on MtG stuff. Recommendations?

and added the third thing to vote for that I noticed I'd forgot to actually write down and not just think about.

... Green is the Color that's best for healing, right?

Green plus helping the medical staff, sound like a hilarious recipe for disaster or success?

Kitchen and Tabitha investigations could be interesting.

We just cracked the vault for Foquet. Wanna bet she's grateful for the help?

And Count Mott... I wouldn't mind going after him, if only to make up to Siesta for launching her out the side of the castle. Wait a tick, she was hanging out the side of the hole in the wall? The hole we made with a massively powered up BaneFire? How was she not incinerated on contact with the exit point? Rule of Finny, or GM stealth hint?

... I'll allow you to retain that misconception while I giggle like a loon.

[X] Green!

EDIT- An explanation. Green DOES, in fact, have healing abilities [Second best, I think?].

These are somewhat downplayed by OH FUCK BEEES WHY and several other such lovely features.

[X] Her ability to launch spells instantly, at will and at speed (Instants)
[X] Blue, Perceptive and Experimenting, Scheming and Unattached

And so it is, that in the days that follow, Louise spends her time practicing...

But beyond the red song that gleams in her dreams, what other color of magic does she find herself calling upon?
[X] Blue, Perceptive and Experimenting, Scheming and Unattached

And beyond that, what else do you do with your time? What events happen as the world moves on?
[X] Kirche, that Zerbst, seems to be poking around for some reason.. as does that blue haired friend of hers.

Going for counterspell.

As note, she will note develop a counterspell from this do to the lack of other mages to practice on.

Question for Magic players. What colors work well with Red?

Given we can apparently generate a ridiculously large amount of Red mana at will, what other color does that skill synergies well with? What color synergies with Louise's personality?

GM said some colors would be more problematic than others. Lets make sure we don't have problems, yeah?

Also, anyone else wanna see if we can overpower BaneFire and punch a hole Straight Through Albion? Just to see if we can?

Combinations also include what kind of magic you seek to learn, not just the colors. See ravnica for proof all colors can combo if you want to work on it in the right mindframes. (Though if you are that unknowledgeable about MTG, I suggest looking up the color wheel.)

[X] The complexity and power of her spells (Sorceries)

[X] White, Order and Peace, Law and Stasis

[X] Do to the extreme amount of injured, you find yourself pressed into helping the medical staff.

Best combo is red, green, white...

Red for burns and dmg and destroy stuff with a side of mind control.
Green fod big beasts, buffs like branch wood armor. .. and regen. Slso hurricane
White for defense buffs negate damage, and circle protection [color]

Biigoh said:
Best combo is red, green, white...

Red for burns and dmg and destroy stuff with a side of mind control.
Green fod big beasts, buffs like branch wood armor. .. and regen. Slso hurricane
White for defense buffs negate damage, and circle protection [color]
Bullshit; best three color combo is Blue Black and Red
Red for burn and artifact hate
Black for creature hate and tutoring
Blue for counters and good stuff

Green and White are just plain expendable.

Edit: There is a damn good reason Blue is known as the strongest color in MtG. And Black and Red tend to play really well with it.

[X] Green, Growing and Vital, Deadly and Merciless
[X] Kirche, that Zerbst, seems to be poking around for some reason.. as does that blue haired friend of hers.

Bull.. red and green have nice anti blue stuff... red specially. As for black... its good but isbit something that fits louise?

Biigoh said:
Bull.. red and green have nice anti blue stuff... red specially. As for black... its good but isbit something that fits louise?
Not enough to make a difference when it really counts; and sure as hell not enough to make the unofficial statement of 'Blue is the strongest color' go away.

Y'know, I don't play Magic at all, but I really get the impression Blue is only the 'strongest' colour because the guys who make the game are the type of people who're attracted to a Blue mindset.

EnderofWorlds said:
Not enough to make a difference when it really counts; and sure as hell not enough to make the unofficial statement of 'Blue is the strongest color' go away.
Technically Black is the strongest Colour But it's also the colour that all it's best abilities have an extra cost like life-points.

Carrnage said:
Technically Black is the strongest Colour But it's also the colour that all it's best abilities have an extra cost like life-points.
I'd like black

if not for swamps and how it's made out to be all evil and shit

swamps and marshes are smelly.

Lilithium said:
I'd like black

if not for swamps and how it's made out to be all evil and shit

swamps and marshes are smelly.
Black isn't really evil it's sacrifice and evil people tend to be more willing to make sacrifices.

Generally, 'evil' people find that the preferably idea to be to sacrifice someone else. Instead of using up their own stuff.

FurikoMaru said:
Y'know, I don't play Magic at all, but I really get the impression Blue is only the 'strongest' colour because the guys who make the game are the type of people who're attracted to a Blue mindset.
Yeah, they are; then again most nerds kinda fall under that mindset. Either that of Richard Garfield was attacked by a tree and saved by a dolphin, thus forever marking Blue as the best color and Green as the worst.

In all honesty though; a majority of cards that break the game or are major combo pieces are in blue, which also gets the best draw spells. And all the extra turn spells. And all the counterspells. Yeah...

Carrnage said:
Black has quite a bit of finishers; and the best tutor spells. Which makes it blue's best friend just about every time; what deficiencies blue has black covers.

I speak from experience; Blue is the strongest color because it's the most consistent, it has little to any gaping flaws and has consistently good cards throught the run of MtG. No other color can really say that. It also helps that no deck is ever hurt by adding Blue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back