• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Hyrule Rising (Zelda/Modern)

The world shall be our oyster. It also helps that the previous update had her reading about planes and I now want Ace Pilot Zelda for some reason.

[X] Yes.
[X] Mobile: Steel, shipping, shipbuilding, and planes.

[X] Yes.

Heh. Our business is shipping.

Are you growing up to be built like your father?
[-] Not even close.
Which city do you live nearest to?
[-] Mobile: Steel, shipping, shipbuilding, and planes.

Last edited:
Hah!
Well, if we say Yes, then would Zelda start training to be as fit, or just that genetics will angle her that way? Or a combination of the two?

+ponders if it will impact her studying time+

If we say yes it likely destroys any chance of agility based builds which is what Zelda tends to focus on along with magic in LoZ. Choosing it means we'll have a build more like Ganondorf then Zelda based off description, but who doesn't want to play as Zelda with a build in between a Goron and Ganondorf right? Me at least.

[X] No

[X] Tampa: Shipping, military presence+.

Zelda being built like a brick shithouse doesn't preclude her being agile or fast. It just means she is big. Which I find extremely funny when comparing her to her game incarnations.

Zelda being built like a brick shithouse doesn't preclude her being agile or fast. It just means she is big. Which I find extremely funny when comparing her to her game incarnations.
It certainly makes it harder though, it's basically impossible to pull off the same level of acrobatic techniques and we won't be as agile. We could still be agile and we would probably be faster for run speed at the least but we would be less agile almost certainly.

[X] Yes.

it's basically impossible to pull off the same level of acrobatic techniques and we won't be as agile.

This is completely and utterly false. You can be big, acrobatic and agile. Agility is all about how quick you are and how flexible\graceful you are. None of which are dependent on size.

You are letting stereotypes guide you.

[X] Yes.
Steel is so useful!

But stereotypes are there as guideposts! :D

[X] Yes

Last edited:
Hah!
Well, if we say Yes, then would Zelda start training to be as fit, or just that genetics will angle her that way? Or a combination of the two?

+ponders if it will impact her studying time+
No, training to become fit is something that you'd have to vote for. This is a vote for genetic predisposition towards largeness, which at the moment is only relevant with regards to your height. So there are three options, one each for below average, average, and tall.

If we say yes it likely destroys any chance of agility based builds which is what Zelda tends to focus on along with magic in LoZ. Choosing it means we'll have a build more like Ganondorf then Zelda based off description, but who doesn't want to play as Zelda with a build in between a Goron and Ganondorf right? Me at least.
The type of build you end up with will depend on your options and votes in the future, not your size. At the moment you've got a perfectly calibrated and customized diet that leaves you at a normal weight for a fourteen year old without excess fat or much extra muscle from physical conditioning. This could change if you chose physical training options from this time forward, based on which type you chose, but none of the three builds is any less predisposed than the others.

Ganondorf would be just as much a physical powerhouse at 5'4" as at 7'1", after all.

[X] Yes
Tampa seems like the best bet for getting ourselves armed and getting out quickly if need be.

[X] No

If our father's business is military we'd probably need clearance to work with him. That's unlikely, so our chance of getting outside decreases.

[X] Yes.

[x] Yes.
[x] Mobile: Steel, shipping, shipbuilding, and planes.

We will rule the seas.

9 Yes.
4 No
1 Not even close.

11 Mobile: Steel, shipping, shipbuilding, and planes.
2 Tampa: Shipping, military presence+.
1 Atlanta:

Here are the current votes. I won't be updating tonight because I have work early in the morning tomorrow.

[X] Yes
Tampa seems like the best bet for getting ourselves armed and getting out quickly if need be.

Vote change!

[X] No

I urge you to do a little critical thinking for this one, and apply some real-life knowledge (or do a few minutes of research) about these cities. Some of them are very conservative, have high unemployment, have a large minority population, and other things that could lead to social unrest when there's radiation in the air that turns people into other species.

That line about black and white doesn't gang up on green doesn't really work when it's only the poor who can't afford the safety measures that slow the transformation.

Will those culture trends even stay alive on current post-apocalyptic situation? Do they even still have the same number of population?

We lack the right information if there is such a global change, gibbs.

Can you offer them instead, especially with Zelda's current level of History?

Mobile:
Unenployment: Average(7.5% vs 7.4% national)
  • Port facilities expanding faster then ever
  • Shipyards are making a comeback, including British defense conglomerate BAE Systems
  • Aerospace is making a comeback
  • Huge new Steel plant opened a few years ago, fate uncertain
Demographics: 190k Population; 51% Black, 44% White, 2.5% Hispanic, 1.8% Asian

Nature: Conservativeish?

Plan, steal acquire a BAE Systems ship when things go down and die horribly rule the seas.

Last edited:
Will those culture trends even stay alive on current post-apocalyptic situation? Do they even still have the same number of population?

We lack the right information if there is such a global change, gibbs.

Can you offer them instead, especially with Zelda's current level of History?
You're right. I won't pull anything special with the location's demographics.

[] Mobile: Steel, shipping, shipbuilding, and planes.
[] Yes.

There's a steel mill near that father partly owns, as well as the port. Practically everyone owns part of the port or the businesses that support it, since the only thing that prevented the collapse of Mobile as a city six years back was the massive reinvestment in its access to Mobile Bay and through it, the Gulf of Mexico. He's got a larger stake in a local company that ships cargo over the railroads.

You consider them, quickly flashing through the relevant information and narrowing down the mass of recent events into concise facts.

If you wanted to put a crimp in the transportation of goods, you'd do it on the railroad. There's one that goes North and a bit West, with a junction to go to Birmingham, the state's capitol. If something went wrong there, the effects would be immediate and far-reaching.

The steel mill is going strong, supplying stainless steel in bulk to various local and interstate interests at cheap prices. Wages in father's businesses are usually kept low to maximize profit, and the skyrocketing local and national unemployment rates make hiring easy.

Beyond that, the shipyard is putting out a lot of fishing ships. A lot of people don't eat wild meat any more, citing health risks from ingesting things from the depths where mankind rarely goes, and the levels of the strange radiation are unknown.

Your diet is formulated to your exact nutritional needs, and while you've had plenty of fish you can't recall eating any red meat. At least you think it's called red meat. You haven't had any of the fish that live in the deep water either, like dolphin (not to be confused with dolphin).

But there's got to be a market for ocean-fish somewhere, because your father owns a lot of the boats that the yard makes, and he leases them to different captains.

Once you've reviewed the possibilities, you try probing the water.

"I have been doing well, lately, but the last time we met you were having troubles with your efforts to resurrect the aircraft manufacturing plant?

He grunts. "Yes. There's been a problem with human resources lately, and the idiots at the plant won't tell me out and out what the problem is."

"Oh, that's terrible. Don't you have buyers set up that need their orders filled?"

"Of course I do. Joy of Flight needs another four of their- glider things made in two months and the lack of man hours is putting us all behind schedule. Seems like people aren't happy to have jobs in this turbulent time, for some reason, and that's not exactly an uncommon issue. There's a lack of manpower, and if it isn't filled this recession's going to turn into a route!" He finishes by slamming his meaty fist down on the arm of the overstuffed chair, then seems to almost shrink as he smiles.

There's an opportunity there. If he needs help, maybe he won't be too picky about where he gets it.

But will your father really let you outside? He's extremely protective of you, so to be safe you need to have another reason.

". . . Maybe they just need something to believe in." You say quietly.

Your father looks away from the window behind you, focusing his eyes on yours. "What's that? Speak up, Zelda."

Your lips are dry, so you lick them quickly. "If there's no good reason why nobody's applying, it could be a crisis of faith. The perception of things breaking down and not working is making things not work."

After a moment he nods. "Yes, that could be it. I need something big, then- something public that will make people notice that the world is still going on." He nods again, more eagerly. "I need to prove . . . that I'm not going to just fold like everyone else, that I'm staking everything on my business, and my employees."

Now's your chance. While he's still open-minded about what big public gesture to make you can convince him to hire you.

But where will you have the best chance of success?

choose one.
[] the shipyard
[] a fishing ship
[] on a train
[] the plane factory
[] the steel mill

Do you want to taste free range
[] OH YES.
[] Yes
[] No

Users who are viewing this thread

Back