• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

I will become God-Harem King of the World! [Highschool DxD/Exalted] (CLOSED)

Silversun17 said:
that's pre-exalting/pre-reincarnation Issei. This one has people he wants to keep safe.

Heh. Remember the Speech we gave to Yang & Ruby about why we took in Asia? I'm suddenly really interested in Rias & her Peerage's reaction if they ever learn of it :3.

I like the characterization we're making of Issei. Someone with strong lustful tendencies is easier to respect if he can restrain them in combat & not let them distract him. Issei talking about breasts & sex when his friends are on the ground bleeding feels like he has really bad priorities.

Note that Bright, with her charms, Essence rating and dice pools, would have reduced making even a 5-dot artifact into something she could do in a few hours, a few days if busy with other things. That's without using stuff like Factory-Cathedrals to speed the process up further.

Last edited by a moderator:
BFldyq said:
Note that Bright, with her charms, Essence rating and dice pools, would have reduced making even a 5-dot artifact into something she could do in a few hours, a few days if busy with other things. That's without using stuff like Factory-Cathedrals to speed the process up further.

How much skills Bright loses when she has to work through us is worth considering but I greatly respect her ability to improve & modify artifacts she is able to examine. Look to our Sacred Gear for all the evidence we have. But if the DxD world has a minor trinket that can create the desired effect, I'd rather start from there. Let's ask her if she can think of any way to improve it, especially ways that won't eat up too much additional time.

Part of me will also feel incredibly smug if under her guidance Issei is able to create a vastly superior version of the mask, in very little additional time.

Having a voice in side of your head that can pass you memories of her world & techniques she learned is one thing. Having an advanced magical researcher in your head that can modify spells you're working on & improve them is something different altogether.

Oh! idea for dealing with Raiser!

Bright was really skilled in summoning demons in her world, even managing a third circle summoning without needing Calibration. I think she'll have some good idea for spells or techniques we can use to restrain Raiser. After all regeneration is pretty pointless if you're immobilized.

Deathwings said:
I kind of want to rub just how how BAD the Exalted crafting system is compared to the HDxD one in Ice's face. Am I the only one ?
To be fair in the First Age they have a lot of equipment to shorten the time needed a lot. Plus helpers.

Another great omake Zip ;). Adding it to the Index. Did I forget one written by another?

Alexander said:
Another great omake Zip ;). Adding it to the Index. Did I forget one written by another?

Mine 'Gone too far' Take on Ruby Yang? Dunno if it counts as an omake.

Mu-Sensei said:
Mine 'Gone too far' Take on Ruby? Dunno if it counts as an omake.
Wasn't it a write-in? I can add it if you give me the link.

The first one was, but someone complained of the OOCness, then I wrote the other one, even knowing the vote was settled.

You don't have to index it, do it if you feel it meets your standards.

Mu-Sensei said:
Yeah thats What I get for rushing my writing. Now that I can spare the time, let me try again.

Your words inspired me.

*Snip*

Thats not a vote, thats just my fingers moving on the keyboard. Hope it was more IC though.

Does this work as a link?

After reading volume 16 I realized that the DxD world is one huge Fantasy Kitchen Sink. If only Ishibumi didn't limit himself to Issei's pov, it would have been amazing.

What do you think? Is there a particular piece of fantasy/mythology/history that you want to see? Characters, places, factions...name it. This will also help me into making the quest better. You can even use pieces from another series: this is a quest, copyright isn't a thing.

Alexander said:
After reading volume 16 I realized that the DxD world is one huge Fantasy Kitchen Sink. If only Ishibumi didn't limit himself to Issei's pov, it would have been amazing.

What do you think? Is there a particular piece of fantasy/mythology/history that you want to see? Characters, places, factions...name it. This will also help me into making the quest better. You can even use pieces from another series: this is a quest, copyright isn't a thing.
A few things:

First, I never see anyone use American tall tales for anything. There's not a lot of them, and I'm not sure what in the blue Hades Pecos Bill's reincarnation would be doing in Japan, but they exist and they might be worth thinking about.

Of the factions we already have present, I'd like to look into fleshing out the Japanese pantheon and maybe introducing a few reincarnated heroes and heroines who aren't necessarily part of the hero faction -- Tomoe Gozen might be one, or Ching Shih the Chinese pirate lord. An appearance by the Orochi in some capacity would be pretty cool, maybe as another sacred gear? (honestly, why didn't Ishibumi think of that one himself?)

Alexander said:

gonna do some digging for good ideas.

Personally I wouldn't mind seeing an interpretation of The Journey to the West.

I wouldn't mind seeing the Egyptian pantheon being introduced . We didn't hear anything about them in canon so far , if I recall correctly.

Also , the Greek and the Norse pantheon can be fleshed out farther , too. Both are full of many interesting characters and legends , but we've only seen a handful of characters from each.

Brandark said:
I wouldn't mind seeing the Egyptian pantheon being introduced . We didn't hear anything about them in canon so far , if I recall correctly.

Also , the Greek and the Norse pantheon can be fleshed out farther , too. Both are full of many interesting characters and legends , but we've only seen a handful of characters from each.
Loki being a trickster god who acts like a trickster god instead of challenging the characters to a shonen fight with his overgrown puppy would be nice too.

Hmmmm mythologies and stories? There are many possibilities. Maybe Sherlock Holmes really existed and he has now a Pink-haired mercenary descendant? Or maybe there is a Frankenstein's Monster Walking around somewhere.

I would love to see some mythological figures from various places. Like the four animals of China. (White Tiger, Black Turtle, Azure Dragon and Vermillion Bird, with maybe the Yellow Dragon of the Centre.) Maybe also use the Zodiac animals and the Nine-Tailed Fox in some form. Tamamo or the mother of Abe no Seimei anyone? Seeing an actual Quilin instead of that ridiculous Unicorn from the Novel would also be interesting.

Heaven Canceler said:
Hmmmm mythologies and stories? There are many possibilities. Maybe Sherlock Holmes really existed and he has now a Pink-haired mercenary descendant? Or maybe there is a Frankenstein's Monster Walking around somewhere.

thats not really a myth, it;s just adding another crossover element.

personally, i kinda dig the idea of Kami.

little gods of little things.

then again, i recently watched Noragami, an anime about a homeless god, charging 5yen a wish and trying to earn enough money to build a shrine. (which takes a darker turn when you realize that not having a shrine could totally kill him if he gets forgotten about)

If you manage to include Kalevala, i will be impressed. Its basically a Finnish (well not exactly) epic created in 1800 from old folklore.

It includes battles whit poem/song, resurrection, items of power (Sampo) and ofcourse a ridiculous world origin story. Its short though as it was made in 1800, folk lore used in it, is far older.

Only problem is that its in the northern Europe where the whole Norse mythology is too (Norse is more of a Swedish and Norway's mythology than Finnish though).

Not sure if voting is already closed, but I'll toss this in anyway:

[X] Check in with Tomofuri and see how the shrine is going. Maybe look into the basics of manse construction and see if there's anything we can do with our current skills.

Here's an idea: If we want to protect our civilian identities, why don't we go ahead and craft full-coverage superhero costumes for Issei and his allies?

If this story eventually includes an around the world chase a-la Star Crusaders, I will be so very happy.

BobTheNinja said:
Here's an idea: If we want to protect our civilian identities, why don't we go ahead and craft full-coverage superhero costumes for Issei and his allies?

Only if we can craft a transformation (without transformation sequence). This way we avoid changing in public places and telephone cabin shenaningans.

I'd suggest using FSN!Tamamo, but FSN already exists in Universe. Then again Canon!Issei summoned a Breast God from another dimention.

Mu-Sensei said:
Only if we can craft a transformation (without transformation sequence). This way we avoid changing in public places and telephone cabin shenaningans.
Sounds good to me. How hard would it be to create a costume-summoning spell?

Mu-Sensei said:

I'd suggest using FSN!Tamamo, but FSN already exists in Universe. Then again Canon!Issei summoned a Breast God from another dimention.

That's a long-term project. Simple masks that conceal identity should only take a few hours(a day at most) & can be easily hidden voiding the problem all-together.

I think Ruby & Yang will be pretty demanding costume wise. Ruby for wanting...gadgets. I can't see her not wanting gismos if this version i anything like her canon self. Yang because she wants to look good.

You need fabric that can stand upon the riggers & heat of the fighting style we prefer while flexible enough to breathe & not reduce our mobility.

Heroic costumes are a maybe eventually. But we should decide on our Peerage theme before then.

Ya, this really isn't something we should be thinking about now, if ever, I mean maybe if we were a Night caste we could get away with no one ever knowing who we really are, but not only are we Brights student, we are a Dragon, in DxD that means stuff, we draw people to us, and friends and enemys just by breathing, and thats without taking being a Solar into things. plus Reputation is useful, I can see making up something to keep the girls safe if they want it, but I think its a lost cause for us, ymmv of course

Personally, I'd really like to hear about mythologies that don't come up that often. Greek, Norse, Egyptian, Japanese are all well and good, but it's been done. Mythologies from Oceania or South-, South-East Asia, Africa, or the Americas though? Those you rarely hear about. Which sadly, however, both is caused by and leads to a lack of easily accessible source material, I imagine.

Smuthunter said:
A few things:

First, I never see anyone use American tall tales for anything. There's not a lot of them, and I'm not sure what in the blue Hades Pecos Bill's reincarnation would be doing in Japan, but they exist and they might be worth thinking about.

Of the factions we already have present, I'd like to look into fleshing out the Japanese pantheon and maybe introducing a few reincarnated heroes and heroines who aren't necessarily part of the hero faction -- Tomoe Gozen might be one, or Ching Shih the Chinese pirate lord. An appearance by the Orochi in some capacity would be pretty cool, maybe as another sacred gear? (honestly, why didn't Ishibumi think of that one himself?)
Well, part of it is because the American Natives cosmology is so varied that it's difficult to form a coherent image (for marketing purposes at least). While Atzec and Maya...are bloody. Like, a lot: trust me, I studied them.

This doesn't mean I can't incorporate elements from them, just that it will be a little difficult.

Already making plan for Japan. Honestly? I am going to milk it as much as I can.

About Orochi, he appear in canon. Spoiler: he's one of the Evil Dragons revived by Rizevim
Heaven Canceler said:

I would love to see some mythological figures from various places. Like the four animals of China. (White Tiger, Black Turtle, Azure Dragon and Vermillion Bird, with maybe the Yellow Dragon of the Centre.) Maybe also use the Zodiac animals and the Nine-Tailed Fox in some form. Tamamo or the mother of Abe no Seimei anyone? Seeing an actual Quilin instead of that ridiculous Unicorn from the Novel would also be interesting.
Well, if there is a descendant of Johann Georg Faust (along with the original Devil that made a contract with him) I don't see why not ::)

That's a good question: the four animals, are they more Chinese or Japanese? To understand where is better to put them geografically.
ESBA said:
If you manage to include Kalevala, i will be impressed. Its basically a Finnish (well not exactly) epic created in 1800 from old folklore.

It includes battles whit poem/song, resurrection, items of power (Sampo) and ofcourse a ridiculous world origin story. Its short though as it was made in 1800, folk lore used in it, is far older.

Only problem is that its in the northern Europe where the whole Norse mythology is too (Norse is more of a Swedish and Norway's mythology than Finnish though).
What an interesting thing you brought to my attention 8). I can't wait to read it.
MHLord said:
You do realize that it would be an automatically Bad End, right?
Gnarker said:
Personally, I'd really like to hear about mythologies that don't come up that often. Greek, Norse, Egyptian, Japanese are all well and good, but it's been done. Mythologies from Oceania or South-, South-East Asia, Africa, or the Americas though? Those you rarely hear about. Which sadly, however, both is caused by and leads to a lack of easily accessible source material, I imagine.
Sadly it's true. It may be because the classical ones are easier to use, but this isn't an excuse.

There already is one working in someones Peerage, Rias brother I think

Users who are viewing this thread

Back