• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

I will become God-Harem King of the World! [Highschool DxD/Exalted] (CLOSED)

iamnuff said:
you say that like they matter.
They do. Either use them right or don't use them at all. Shallow and misplaced tarot symbolism is dumb and adds nothing to the story.

when ruby hears about those cards, those are the ones she's going to think of.

trying to match the concepts to people is going to take forever, even worse than trying to slot people into FSN classes, just go with the surface name, have it grant powers by concept, so they get things they don't expect.
Or maybe we don't use them. Hence the benefit of the pactio cards, their meanings are custom-fitted to the girl they represent because they arise from her rather than from a pre-existing set of meanings that we need to slot them into.

Alexander said:
So they are aspects of extraterrestrial beings that came to observe Earth?

Well Nyaruko has each of them being a entire Race of aliens, so they being an aspect of extradimentional (not extraterrestrial, assuming you don't want to involve aliens) wouldn't be that much of a change. You could also make they unique abilities Sacred Gears, the original ones belonging to evil gods.

Smuthunter said:
Or maybe we don't use them. Hence the benefit of the pactio cards, their meanings are custom-fitted to the girl they represent because they arise from her rather than from a pre-existing set of meanings that we need to slot them into.

While I'd like FSN system (we can combine with Cards, like Prisma Ilya), I agree with Pactio better than Tarot. If Alex wants to reference Death on Ruby's card, he can even do so, as every Ministra has a custom title:

Refer to this site for a better idea. Its a english translation from Akamatsu's Lexicon Negimarium de Cantu (a trivia section on the end of each tankouhon volume)

http://vetus.wordpress.com/pactio/

Ruby would get something like "Falx Justitiam" - Scythe of Justice, Number 4, Audacia (courage) and Rubor (red). Yang would be "Bellatrix Candida" - Radiant Warrior-girl/woman, Number 2, Also Audacia and Aurum (gold)

Mu-Sensei said:
Well Nyaruko has each of them being a entire Race of aliens, so they being an aspect of extradimentional (not extraterrestrial, assuming you don't want to involve aliens) wouldn't be that much of a change. You could also make they unique abilities Sacred Gears, the original ones belonging to evil gods.
Uhm.

Extradimensional gods? With aspects of them being cute girls/guys?

I can work with this. It would even make more sense if it's with them that Rizevim discovers the existence of other worlds, not Issei summoning a "Breast fairy".

Last edited by a moderator:
If we are including extra-dimensional beings , why not have them as Summons a la Dresdenverse ?

I am picturing something like the magicians of Khaos brigade delving into forbidden magic to summon eldritch abominations that can match the combined might of the three Great Factions , but ending up getting something....unexpected , Nyaruko-san instead of Nyarlathotep . Who then falls in love with Issei at first sight and becomes a stalker .

Megaolix said:
Nothing wrong with them. It's just that if we intend to officially face others peerages? Then we need a limit on numbers and Death is the most symbolic place to stop at. If not? then yes, you can include the rest of the majors.

If we intend to compete in a Rating Game , we just bring enough people to match the opponent's number . I don't see why every member has to compete , and combining our friends and harem members , the number is highly likely to exceed fifteen . Of course , that is assuming we face other peerages in the first place , considering that we are not a devil .

Brandark said:
If we are including extra-dimensional beings , why not have them as Summons a la Dresdenverse ?

I am picturing something like the magicians of Khaos brigade delving into forbidden magic to summon eldritch abominations that can match the combined might of the three Great Factions , but ending up getting something....unexpected , Nyaruko-san instead of Nyarlathotep . Who then falls in love with Issei at first sight and becomes a stalker .
Oooh...*evil cackles all around*

Ahem. Please give me a brief remind of why the summon of beings from beyond reality is such a big deal in the Dresdenverse.

Alexander said:
That's a good question: the four animals, are they more Chinese or Japanese? To understand where is better to put them geografically.What an interesting thing you brought to my attention 8). I can't wait to read it.You do realize that it would be an automatically Bad End, right?Sadly it's true. It may be because the classical ones are easier to use, but this isn't an excuse.

Another mythology that could be very interesting to see around would be the ancient mythology of Australia. The Aborigines have a highly interesting mythology with Spirits forming landmarks where they move and do things and that rainbow snake would just be fun to meet at some Point.

Also, I totally agree with the Nyarko-san idea.

Alexander said:

Ahem. Please give me a brief remind of why the summon of beings from beyond reality is such a big deal in the Dresdenverse.
because their mere presence can badly damage the world depending on there nature.

also I support the Nyarko-san idea.

Alexander said:

If you are summoning beings from beyond the bounds of reality then you are dealing with Outsiders , beings who were banished by God beyond the universe . They are constantly waging a war to return to reality .

They are insanely powerful and hard to kill , as they can no sell most supernatural powers that exist in the world . Dresden is noted as being an extremely rare exception due the nature of his birth . To quote Lash , "There was a complex confluence of events, of energies, of circumstances that would have given a child born under them the potential to wield power over Outsiders."

They are also good at subtle manipulation , using which they corrupted both the Summer and Winter Ladies , and destroyed a few other bigwig Fays . They also corrupted the members of Black Council , who are powerful Wizards and hold much sway over the White Council .

Brandark said:
If you are summoning beings from beyond the bounds of reality then you are dealing with Outsiders , beings who were banished by God beyond the universe . They are constantly waging a war to return to reality .
Uhm....

This gives me an idea. An evil, funny, ridiculous and awesome idea. Brandark, you give made the DxD World "Solar! Issei" Edition a better place. Relatively speaking.

That is a good thing , I hope? When you say relative , what are you comparing to?

Brandark said:
That is a good thing , I guess? When you say relative , what are you comparing to?
Better for some, not so much for others.

No, no: for this I absolutely cannot give spoilers. The eventual reveal wouldn't be as strong.

Alexander said:
Better for some, not so much for others.

No, no: for this I absolutely cannot give spoilers. The eventual reveal wouldn't be as strong.
Tease.

Anyway, we're still a good time before it, no?

Mu-Sensei said:

While I'd like FSN system (we can combine with Cards, like Prisma Ilya), I agree with Pactio better than Tarot. If Alex wants to reference Death on Ruby's card, he can even do so, as every Ministra has a custom title:

Refer to this site for a better idea. Its a english translation from Akamatsu's Lexicon Negimarium de Cantu (a trivia section on the end of each tankouhon volume)

http://vetus.wordpress.com/pactio/

Ruby would get something like "Falx Justitiam" - Scythe of Justice, Number 4, Audacia (courage) and Rubor (red). Yang would be "Bellatrix Candida" - Radiant Warrior-girl/woman, Number 2, Also Audacia and Aurum (gold)

true eough, pacto system is basically tarrot cards custom made for each character, so it's perfect.

we should set up a way to make them without kissing though, then not tell anyone except kiba and mil-tan about it.

instead of having cards magically appear, we could use blank cards as the artifact, like the chess piece, after being used, it becomes a unique card for each person.

we can make as many "Blanks" as we need, but they take time, effort and resources.

the ritual could be holding our hand up, palm out, with the other person mirroring us, with the card between our palms. then the kiss, (alternatively, spill blood on it whiel channeling essence?)

wait, should Mil-tan even be one of ours? we promised to make ... her(?) a magical girl, but she doesn't have to join our group.

she just needs someone with magical power to share it with her, right?

Kiba accepted her contract first, it's only fair she becomes one of his, right? (and all her friends)

congratulations Kiba, you have your own peerage now. welcome to the upper-class.

Last edited by a moderator:
Megaolix said:
Tease.

Anyway, we're still a good time before it, no?
Yes. Quite a lot of time.
iamnuff said:
wait, should Mil-tan even be one of ours? we promised to make ... her(?) a magical girl, but she doesn't have to join our group.

she just needs someone with magical power to share it with her, right?

Kiba accepted her contract first, it's only fair she becomes one of his, right? (and all her friends)

congratulations Kiba, you have your own peerage now. welcome to the upper-class.
That's the most evil thing I have ever seen. And I like it!

Jokes aside, you can give Mil-tan a prototype with no strings attacked: he gets it and we're clear.

Also, sharing power? I suggest you make the cards/whatever you decide self-sufficient. Remember you want to make your own equivalent of devil pieces and angel cards.

If we do end up using the Pactio system , and make Kiba do the contract , then we shouldn't teach him any other methods than the kissing . And tell him that for the process to work , it has to be on the lips .

If we are being a dick to Kiba , no point being half-hearted about it .

Think we should add the immortal flesh mutation to our peerage system for the humans?

Brandark said:
What do you have in mind ?

I'm leaning towards Pactio, Tarot & the Fate Stay Night Build.

Pactio I like because we can give it to Mit-tan & finish that quest & because it really is just a customized Tarot build.

MHLord said:
Let's not do Pactio, please?
I don't see any better ideas. Tarot cards have very shaky associations that go way beyond simple personality descriptions. Servant cards are okay but uninspired and there's a limited number of them. Using dice is a dumb idea, you may as well just give them numbers and be done with it.

Smuthunter said:
I don't see any better ideas. Tarot cards have very shaky associations that go way beyond simple personality descriptions. Servant cards are okay but uninspired and there's a limited number of them. Using dice is a dumb idea, you may as well just give them numbers and be done with it.

Are we voting right now ? I thought there was a bit more time before the final decision .

Ah well , I will stick to my guns , that is tarot , all the way . I really want that in-depth character analysis and social linking . Managing to create such a complex system wouldn't hurt our standing in Azazel and Beelzebub's eyes , either .

Brandark said:
Are we voting right now ? I thought there was a bit more time before the final decision .

Ah well , I will stick to my guns , that is tarot , all the way . I really want that in-depth character analysis and social linking . Managing to create such a complex system wouldn't hurt our standing in Azazel and Beelzebub's eyes , either .
The pacto system would be just as complex if not more. Also we still have time.

actually if nyarko is gonna be showing up make her be friends with ophis for even more hilarity XD

nightblade said:
The pacto system would be just as complex if not more. Also we still have time.

eh, each pacto card would be custom to each person. based entirely off them, instead of trying to shoehorn them into the tarrot system or whatever.

I prefer this method.

though I admit, i hadn't thought of making the cards provide their own power. how would that even work? some sort of essence generating engine?

I just assumed they would work like actual cards.

that said, it's totally not time to decide on this yet, so we can throw around a few more ideas.

on another note: is the ToC up to date now?

It's up to date. Also we are going to include the ability to use CMA in our system right?

Yes, you have time, so you can discuss but no urgency.

The ToC? What do you mean?

Alexander said:
Yes, you have time, so you can discuss but no urgency.

The ToC? What do you mean?

table of contents.

INDEX

MAIN CONTINUITY

Genesis Arc
Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6, Part 7, Part 8, Part 9

New Popularity Arc
Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6, Part 7

Training Days I: A Very Busy Week
Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6 (I), Part 6 (II), Part 6 (III), Part 7

The Sister from the East Arc

Training Days II: A Not So Peaceful Month
Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6, Part 7

SIDE CONTINUITY

Issei's Awesome Adventures: The Old Shrine
Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5

Issei's Awesome Adventures: Fluttering of Wings
Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4

Issei's Awesome Adventures: Kiba's Request...Has just begun?
Part 1, Part 2

Issei's Awesome Adventures: Shady District

some stuff seems to be missing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back