• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

I will become God-Harem King of the World! [Highschool DxD/Exalted] (CLOSED)

Eh... Fool is potential, Magician is applied knowledge, and World is all things.

Where is the perfection in Tarot?

Sun or Star?

Sun is more thematic, though.

Sun is hope.

Star is also hope, but with less happy thoughts. Or something.

Pactio is basically Tarot, but with open-ended number and possibility of repeat arcanas.

Is there a problem if our peer system can have lots and lots of members?

Also, one way I could see that working is the card when created is blank, the only thing we would know would be if it was Major or Minor Arcana, its when its used that it would synch with the target and shift to whatever card its going to be, and as for the Social link thing, maybe have it like this, the card bearer*for want of a better title* can get up to Essence 3 just by having the card used on them *starts at 2, but can train it up* to get higher however there needs to be a positive intimacy on both parts, Issei and whoever the target is, can be anything, love, friendship, loyalty whatever, maybe have some of them first different effects but for the most part it doesn't matter right now, so lets say Issei and the Card Bearer have a 5 dot intimacy with each other, that would mean that with time and training the Card Bearer could raise there Essence up to 8 *3 + (Issie's Intimacy + CB Intimacy/2)* would work nicely to show how the bond allows for a stronger partner and all, maybe reduce training time or something when working together or somethinng. just as a rough idea

Brandark said:
Okay , after a bit of researching , I changed my mind . Switching over to Tarot from Pactio . Here is a rough outline I thought up for how it's going to work.

1) Issei holds the World Arcana , and the rest of the Major Arcana is included , as well as their Reversed version , making a total of 44 cards .
2) Who gets which card is determined by factors such as their defining character traits , emotions , personal history etc.
3) The power of any given card depends upon Issei's relationship with the card holder . The closer they are , the more powerful the card becomes . In short , we have to social link .
4) Similar to the mutation of chess pieces , the cards can also mutate into cards of another deck , like Jester , Aeon etc.

So , what do you guys think ?
44 sounds like a bit much. I would go with the original 22 cards for Issei and his harem, but make it so they can reverse them, which would change their strengths and weaknesses. Since pawns have the "promotion," it shouldn't be too hard to give each of the cards the ability to switch to reversed arcana back. Then we could just use the minor arcana for people that aren't in our harem/main group. I like the social linking idea, though. It might give us some quests, which would mean more XP.

Grosstoad said:
Eh... Fool is potential, Magician is applied knowledge, and World is all things.

Sun or Star?

Sun is hope.

Pactio is basically Tarot, but with open-ended number and possibility of repeat arcanas.

Actually, I think World would probably be perfection. Or at least the closest simile in the Tarot deck.

Grosstoad said:

Sun or Star?

Sun is hope.

I personally prefer to interpret Sun as one who is an optimist , whose innate hope allows him to prevail in adverse situations , while Star is one who brings hope to others and shines in the time of need .

The same tarot can be interpreted in many different ways . I am basing mine on the Persona series . Between all the Major Arcana and their Reversed Positions , we can cover a vast amount of people who are of various types .

Note that it's not necessary to have a One Card-One Person rule . We can have multiple people of the same Arcana .

It's also unnecessary to fill all the 44 card types . We are going to be a Harem King , not a Pokemon Master . No need to catch them all . The way I see it working is a blank card with the Major Arcana programmed in , which then becomes a suitable Arcana after being granted to the wielder .

The downside is that this will take a quite a while , as it is a complicated system . But then , the Evil-Piece system is also very complex , and Beelzebub said that the system has more hidden abilities that are yet to be discovered .

If we are doing this , we might as well go all out and surpass the original , because as they say , if something's worth doing , then it's worth doing well .

Last edited by a moderator:
If we do end up with more members than is typical to bring to Rating Games and so, who said that they all have to be fighters? There's lots of useful skills out there.

I think the hardest part will be programming in a way to extend the recipient's lifespan.

Craft (Genesis) + Immortality mutation, tada finished, that or just including it in the shaping effect, and yeah its probably a good thing to include, considering I'd be willing to bet money that Bright is going to work out a way to turn Issei into a humanoid dragon so he will not die from old age, even if old age for a solar is 5k or so years in the future

Don't forget to make extended lifespan optional. Not everyone will be okay with that.

Alexander said:
You do realize that it would be an automatically Bad End, right?
Not really, Cthulu is basically just one of Kimberry's second circles, specc'd for mind-rape. We could take him.
Mu-Sensei said:
Only if we can craft a transformation (without transformation sequence). This way we avoid changing in public places and telephone cabin shenaningans.
Or learn Craft: Biogenesis and make them an actual transformation.

You know, about the Tarot stuff, if we can corporate the Pactio system (read: Bullshit artifacts), I wonder how much of a force multiplier we can become?
Mebbe the bullshit artifacts can be mutated/created once our Social Link Intimacy with the person is raised to high dots?

Odysseus2099 said:
Not really, Cthulu is basically just one of Kimberry's second circles, specc'd for mind-rape.

Depends of the version. I wouldn't mind this one:

nyaruko_san___my_little_cthulu_can__t_be_this_cute_by_gamera68-d4ynuk7.jpg

Incidentally, she's silver haired, perfectly in theme with our Treasure Hoarding tendencies.

*sigh*

While I don't disapprove of the character choice did you have to pick out one of those god awful demotivators? Where did you get that thing, deviantart?

Smuthunter said:
*sigh*

While I don't disapprove of the character choice did you have to pick out one of those god awful demotivators? Where did you get that thing, deviantart?

Yes. sorry, it was one of the first results. The other ones were a lowres screencap with Spanish subtitles or sites that don't allow rehosting. Should have redone the search.

Mu-Sensei said:
Yes. sorry, it was one of the first results. The other ones were a lowres screencap with Spanish subtitles or sites that don't allow rehosting. Should have redone the search.
Photobucket is your friend. 8)

Eh, canon Pactio benefits:
- Communications + Vital Sign Monitor
- 2-way Teleportation

- Physical Buff (Ministra): Unclear whether the Magister might suffer if the Ministra activates the Buff for a long time
- Unique Artifact (Ministra)

- Extra Mana (Magister): Unclear whether the Ministra might suffer if the Magister uses too much Mana

How does this compare to the current Evil Piece system?

Grosstoad said:
Eh, canon Pactio benefits:
- Communications + Vital Sign Monitor
- 2-way Teleportation

- Physical Buff (Ministra): Unclear whether the Magister might suffer if the Ministra activates the Buff for a long time
- Unique Artifact (Ministra)

- Extra Mana (Magister): Unclear whether the Ministra might suffer if the Magister uses too much Mana

How does this compare to the current Evil Piece system?
Pretty much the same. Telepathy, physical boost, and a limited teleport for the king.

Mu-Sensei said:
Depends of the version. I wouldn't mind this one:

nyaruko_san___my_little_cthulu_can__t_be_this_cute_by_gamera68-d4ynuk7.jpg

Incidentally, she's silver haired, perfectly in theme with our Treasure Hoarding tendencies.
You do realize that, if I add this, I will also need to add aliens to the mix.

Rizevim is gonna have multiple orgasms at the news: not only there are other dimensions with new mythologies, there are also other planets with life out in space.

add Tenchi muyo OVA verse. it will give us something to comepete with and make it easier for Issei to marry his harem. his mother being a minor off-shoot of the misaki's would also be hilarious.

if we do tarrot, ruby and yang already have dibs on cards.

None (0 or 22) The Fool (us?)
1 The Magician
2 The High Priestess
3 The Empress
4 The Emperor
5 The Hierophant
6 The Lovers (Mittelt?)
7 The Chariot
8 Justice (Ruby?)
9 The Hermit
10 Wheel of Fortune
11 Strength (yang?)
12 The Hanged Man
13 Death (Ruby?)

Alexander said:
You do realize that, if I add this, I will also need to add aliens to the mix.

Rizevim is gonna have multiple orgasms at the news: not only there are other dimensions with new mythologies, there are also other planets with life out in space.

Well, ignore it (their origins, recon them into being human avatars) if its going to be a problem.

iamnuff said:

1 The Magician
2 The High Priestess
3 The Empress
4 The Emperor
5 The Hierophant
6 The Lovers (Mittelt?)
7 The Chariot
8 Justice (Ruby?)
9 The Hermit
10 Wheel of Fortune
11 Strength (yang?)
12 The Hanged Man
13 Death (Ruby?)
You're making the mistake of looking only at what's on the cards, not what they represent. Ruby wouldn't match up with Death, which has connotations of change and transformation. Justice, likewise, has nothing to do with being a hero of justice -- that card concerns itself with the immutable laws of the universe, causality and the like.

Mu-Sensei said:
Well, ignore it (their origins, recon them into being human avatars) if its going to be a problem.
No no, I think I can work them into it. It would be world-shaking but I can do it. Unless the aliens' disguise is so good that no-one in both mundane and supernatural societies know about them.

Except Great Red.

GR: "What, aliens? Of course I know: met them the first time in the Dimensional Gap a couple of centuries ago. Funny dudes."

Everyone else: "Why did you never said anything?! They lived among us and we never knew!"

GR: "Do I care? Nope. And they're interested mostly in human's entertainment industry, so it's not as if they're dangerous."

EDIT: what do you mean with "human avatars"?

Would be hilarious if the factions in dxd would notice the opening of outer gates (ala dresden or just being somekind of metaphor for barrier between earth and outer space) 'only' for Nyaruko-san to step out, even more so if she decides to stay whit Issei.

Alexander said:
EDIT: what do you mean with "human avatars"?

Human forms or facets.

(I was worried I had used the wrong word, so I postponed my answer to check, but as it turns out I haven't. Avatar: A temporary manifestation or aspect of a continuing entity, a visible manifestation or embodiment of an abstract concept. ;) )

Damn it. Just once I want a quest where you are a proper evil overlord.

Mu-Sensei said:
Human forms or facets.

(I was worried I had used the wrong word, so I postponed my answer to check, but as it turns out I haven't. Avatar: A temporary manifestation or aspect of a continuing entity, a visible manifestation or embodiment of an abstract concept. ;) )
So they are aspects of extraterrestrial beings that came to observe Earth?

iamnuff said:

1 The Magician
2 The High Priestess
3 The Empress
4 The Emperor
5 The Hierophant
6 The Lovers (Mittelt?)
7 The Chariot
8 Justice (Ruby?)
9 The Hermit
10 Wheel of Fortune
11 Strength (yang?)
12 The Hanged Man
13 Death (Ruby?)

Smuthunter said:
You're making the mistake of looking only at what's on the cards, not what they represent. Ruby wouldn't match up with Death, which has connotations of change and transformation. Justice, likewise, has nothing to do with being a hero of justice -- that card concerns itself with the immutable laws of the universe, causality and the like.

What Smuthunter said . Consider what the cards represent , rather than just the name and the symbols .

If we are matching characters to their Arcana , Ruby would be a good match for Chariot , I think . Chariot arcana is about victory , self-assertion , goals etc . It may represent a driven person who has a personal goal to achieve at any cost .

Yang is suited for Magician . It represents action , initiative , power , self confidence . It may also denote impetuousness .

Mittelt does have some affinity for Lovers . Initially it represented two paths life could lead to, and thus a symbol of standing at a crossroad and needing to make a decision . It matches Mittelt's situation when she had to choose between Raynare and Issei , and choosing Issei shifted her from her original path . Later , this Arcana also gained romantic connotations , which matches her current situation .

Still , why only up to Death ? What's wrong with the rest of Major Arcana ?

Smuthunter said:

you say that like they matter.

we are the one building the system, the cards themselves are just names we borrowed.

trying to match the concepts to people is going to take forever, even worse than trying to slot people into FSN classes, just go with the surface name, have it grant powers by concept, so they get things they don't expect.

Strenght would be our eqivelent of the rook, magician would be bishop, ect ect.

we don't need to go too deep into the meaning, that would just make it even harder to give each person a card, because we would be endlessly arguing about alternate meanings and personality traits.

go by surface meanings and physical attributes. like the chess pieces do.

Ruby wants death because she has deaths scythe, then she sees justice and decides she wants that more.

also, aliens in the entertainment industry made me think of Birdy the mighty.

Brandark said:
Still , why only up to Death ? What's wrong with the rest of Major Arcana ?
Nothing wrong with them. It's just that if we intend to officially face others peerages? Then we need a limit on numbers and Death is the most symbolic place to stop at. If not? then yes, you can include the rest of the majors.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back