• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

I will become God-Harem King of the World! [Highschool DxD/Exalted] (CLOSED)

ShadowAngelBeta said:
I don't mind the Tarrot idea... hmm maybe Fool to Death could be Terrestrial equivalent while the ones above that could be Celestial types. Numerous and somewhat Bullshit vs. Few and Extremely Bullshit Hax?
Not exactly sure by that, but I prefer to jsut end at Death because that means a team of 14. Full Major Arcana is from 0 to 21, meaning 22 total. Clearly too high a number. If we intend a system to compare to face others peerages, then that means making a system with limits, else no one will want to face us.

Megaolix said:
Not exactly sure by that, but I prefer to jsut end at Death because that means a team of 14. Full Major Arcana is from 0 to 21, meaning 22 total. Clearly too high a number. If we intend a system to compare to face others peerages, then that means making a system with limits, else no one will want to face us.
The maybe we have a Deck of Tarot Cards and a Certain Number of Points with each card being worth a Certain amount. The limiting factor is not how many cards you have but rather how many points you have left, maybe?

ShadowAngelBeta said:
The maybe we have a Deck of Tarot Cards and a Certain Number of Points with each card being worth a Certain amount. The limiting factor is not how many cards you have but rather how many points you have left, maybe?
Fool to Death is 0 to 13, all cards numbered. No need to complicate it further.

Here:

None (0 or 22) The Fool
1 The Magician
2 The High Priestess
3 The Empress
4 The Emperor
5 The Hierophant
6 The Lovers
7 The Chariot
8 Justice
9 The Hermit
10 Wheel of Fortune
11 Strength
12 The Hanged Man
13 Death

Would help if I understood what you meant by points.

Blah, no need to start a fight to death over this. It will still be a while before we're done studying the peerage system.

Megaolix said:
Dices... too low in number, no? Card system has 13 in a suit. Chess is 16 pieces. We need something around those numbers.

Teally too bad tarot has too many Major Arcanas however. Could have worked well otherwise.
nah they'll be a few d20's each d20 has their own set of 8 d12 to give out and every d12 has 4 d6, if someone's probationary they get a d4, and there are intermediate ranks of d8 and d10

megrisvernin said:
My default is the Fate Stay Night idea.

Smuthunter had an interesting idea but I forget it..Pacio something?
Pactio. The magical pseudo-tarot cards from Negima, only they're tarots that describe the bonded individual rather than some manner of archetype that may only loosely describe the character in question.

The advantage to the pactios is that there isn't a distinct number of cards -- the seven servant cards for example, or the arcana in a tarot deck. There's no pressure to fill every spot in the deck or else to limit ourselves to only as many girls as we have cards, because we create a new card for each girl in the harem and each one is uniquely attuned to her.

Smuthunter said:
The advantage to the pactios is that there isn't a distinct number of cards -- the seven servant cards for example, or the arcana in a tarot deck. There's no pressure to fill every spot in the deck or else to limit ourselves to only as many girls as we have cards, because we create a new card for each girl in the harem and each one is uniquely attuned to her.
Actually, that's kind of the problem.

Compare this to pokemon. Rules are set to 6 max, winner is the one who defeat the whole other team. So, even if someone had 6 lv100... Who would want to fight a guy that arrive with, say, 12 in a team?

Moreover, chess and cards have hierarchy, but can boost pawns or lower numbers. Pawns can promote. Cards can enter poker or blackjack combos. If each Pactio card is attuned and all, say, Queen level...

If we want to participate in a game, then you need to be fair about it. Hence a need for limits.

Do we have to kiss them to make the card? I would like an alternative way other than kissing like in Negima. For example like signing a contract like Kyubei.

Smuthunter said:
Pactio. The magical pseudo-tarot cards from Negima, only they're tarots that describe the bonded individual rather than some manner of archetype that may only loosely describe the character in question.

I like that. I'd like to hear from Alexander if there's a tradeoff from doing so though. I'm more interested in it if there's no apparent downsides.

touhou ranfuku said:
Do we have to kiss them to make the card? I would like an alternative way other than kissing like in Negima. For example like signing a contract like Kyubei.

:/. Huh. Well if we get prospective male members lined up let's consider it.

Why not use these rankings for gaining Issei some followers?

http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Ranks

It seems flexible enough for him.

Megaolix said:
Actually, that's kind of the problem.

Compare this to pokemon. Rules are set to 6 max, winner is the one who defeat the whole other team. So, even if someone had 6 lv100... Who would want to fight a guy that arrive with, say, 12 in a team?
That's not a disadvantage. Ideally superior numbers would scare off anyone who wants to fight us and our harem would never come into danger. And since we're not a devil, even if we did use a card or chess-based system we still wouldn't be able to participate in rating games. We're not part of their system any more than the Brave Saints are.

touhou ranfuku said:
Blood pacts work too, IIRC. I think that's the way Nagi and Jack Rakan made their contract.

staplesdex2 said:
Why not use these rankings for gaining Issei some followers?

http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Ranks

It seems flexible enough for him.
A distinct hierarchy is a mistake and is likely to cause friction within the group. We want an equal harem, not a harem of girls with greater or lesser importance, be it real or imagined.

Smuthunter said:
That's not a disadvantage. Ideally superior numbers would scare off anyone who wants to fight us and our harem would never come into danger. And since we're not a devil, even if we did use a card or chess-based system we still wouldn't be able to participate in rating games. We're not part of their system any more than the Brave Saints are.
Blood pacts work too, IIRC. I think that's the way Nagi and Jack Rakan made their contract.
A distinct hierarchy is a mistake and is likely to cause friction within the group. We want an equal harem, not a harem of girls with greater or lesser importance, be it real or imagined.

Can you give us a feel for what say Ruby or Mittelt's Pactio might be in your mind? I'm vaguely familiar with it but it says something of my knowledge of Negima that I learned more from that Prototype! Negima quest a while back then what I already knew of the show...

Smuthunter said:
And yet there are talks of competition between the two different style of teams. And if you just want to scare others with numbers, then this is no longer a peerage. Just a team which we give powerups to team members

Respecting some rules and limits mean we can get some interested in fighting us in official competitions. Like say, Sairaorg. Reputation and prestige. Trying that with too many numbers or with limits is just showing off, no one will agree much to face us and we just look bad.

Other thing is that if you look at chess and card system, you already know how many you can have at max. That's another part of the game: what do you want to give to someone you want in your team? What fits that person best? Do you think someone stronger may want to join you and you want to save a stronger card for then?

Both the two systems ask you to make choices you cannot change later.

Still, if we don't want a peerage and just learn about the system for the boost? True, we have no need of following rules. Forget about facing others groups in official fights however.

Guys, before we go any further into discussing a particular role or rank system, I think we first need to decide how large of an organization we want Issei to lead. Do we only want a relatively small team of high-powered combatants (maybe a platoon at most), or do we want to build an entire army/dominion with hundreds or even thousands of people under Issei's command?

I think we are getting rather ahead of ourselves personally but thats just me, and remember he's a Solar, if we don't end up in charge of at least a medium sized empire, criminal or otherwise before a year is over I will be amazed, not to mention disapointed, and I'm sure Bright will be right there with me /laugh

megrisvernin said:
Can you give us a feel for what say Ruby or Mittelt's Pactio might be in your mind?
The Pactio offers a few generic upgrades and one specific one unique to each girl.

The card is created by a magic ritual and serves as the physical manifestation of the bond between us and the girl in question. The card can be used for telepathy, as a hearthstone (that is, the person holding the card can summon his or her bondmate to their location), and gives a strength/speed/endurance boost. In our case this would also have related effects like unlocking Celestial Martial Arts.

In the comics, the unique power-up took the form of a pactio artifact. This is unnecessary and probably beyond our ability to work into the ritual given that we're already doing crazy stuff like unlocking CMAs. Instead, the unique upgrades take the form of a unique charm tree which is both native to and customizable by the girl who's using it. Rather than spirit charms or solar charms, these are "me" charms -- Ruby, for example, would be able to use them to focus her natural abilities while using her speed powers and Crescent Rose, while Mittelt would use her charms as a lens for her fallen angel magic; this would allow them to punch above their weight brackets and perform feats that would normally require them to be much older and more magically-powerful.

Megaolix said:
And yet there are talks of competition between the two different style of teams. And if you just want to scare others with numbers, then this is no longer a peerage. Just a team which we give powerups to team members
This is what I've been going for since the start. The only meaning that a peerage has over "a team which we give powerups to" is that one has political standing in the underworld and the other doesn't. But we're a Solar, and our political standing is self-evident. 8)

EternitynChaos said:
I think we are getting rather ahead of ourselves personally but thats just me, and remember he's a Solar, if we don't end up in charge of at least a medium sized empire, criminal or otherwise before a year is over I will be amazed, not to mention disapointed, and I'm sure Bright will be right there with me /laugh
That's not necessarily true. We could easily be the Solar equivalent of Julie D'Aubigny -- led an amazing life, didn't accomplish jack shit, is absolutely Solar material by word of devs.

Last edited by a moderator:
EternitynChaos said:
I think we are getting rather ahead of ourselves personally but thats just me,
You know, this is true. We should finish the analysis first and see what it tells us and what we can and cannot do with it.

Smuthunter said:
That's not necessarily true. We could easily be the Solar equivalent of Julie D'Aubigny -- led an amazing life, didn't accomplish jack shit, is absolutely Solar material by word of devs.
Maybe, but even after Issei achieves his dream of gathering a harem of super-hot magical girls, I don't think he'd stop there. After all, there's plenty of problems in both the mortal world and the supernatural world that could use fixing, and I doubt he'd just ignore all of that.

If Issei wants to really get shit done on that front, he'll need a lot of people and resources, and an organization to manage all of them. He can't solve every problem just by punching them, not if he wants to make his desired changes stick anyway.

Tarot. Use the 21 (Fool is Issei) major arcana cards for favored lovers, while having the bulk of minor arcana cards for ordinary lovers.

Enter competition with the exact number of team members as the opponents' team.

Grosstoad said:
Tarot. Use the 21 (Fool is Issei) major arcana cards for favored lovers, while having the bulk of minor arcana cards for ordinary lovers.

I like this plan, it give us plenty of options without limiting us, though I'd say minor arcana cards would be more friends and allies *which yes can include lovers* while the Major Arcana would be Issei's Harem/Inner Circle

Grosstoad said:

That, or save the minor arcana for people that aren't our lovers, like Mil-tan and his friends. Maybe our parents, too, since if they remain weak, they become targets.

EDIT: Huh. Guess I should have read the post under this, instead of waiting until after I responded to it, since EternitynChaos said pretty much the same thing.

Too bad that the demons and angels already exist in the DxD universe. If they didn't we could use the Kaballah and Reverse Kaballah.

Anyway, I don't see any real problem with using the full Tarot deck. If we ever get into a Rating Game for some reason, we can just limit our side to 16 players.

Come to think of it I'm hesitant to pick any system that places a hard or fast rule on the number of people we can have, or has prearranged slots or builds that we have to pick from.

If we're going to manage a harem successfully then none of the girls is inherently more valuable than any other. Asia's healing is just as important, if with a very different tactical use then Yang or Ruby are.

The advantage of the Pactio system is that we taylor the abilities & boosts to each character rather than trying to grow them in their own mold. Our own abilities are a hodgepoge of different skills & abilities we've taken from DxD & Solar exalted, along with some homebrew picks. I want our own Pactio system, whatever it is, to be something we sculpt to maximize our own needs rather than simply adopting a Peerage.

megrisvernin said:
Come to think of it I'm hesitant to pick any system that places a hard or fast rule on the number of people we can have, or has prearranged slots or builds that we have to pick from.

If we're going to manage a harem successfully then none of the girls is inherently more valuable than any other. Asia's healing is just as important, if with a very different tactical use then Yang or Ruby are.

The advantage of the Pactio system is that we taylor the abilities & boosts to each character rather than trying to grow them in their own mold. Our own abilities are a hodgepoge of different skills & abilities we've taken from DxD & Solar exalted, along with some homebrew picks. I want our own Pactio system, whatever it is, to be something we sculpt to maximize our own needs rather than simply adopting a Peerage.
The disadvantage of a Pactio system is how it is applied. Know what I mean?

Jokes aside, maybe empower them with the jobs from Final Fantasy Tactics, and choose which one to use depending on how they fight? I can see Asia as a White Mage. Maybe the humanoid Disgaea classes. Hell, we could even use the classes from D&D.

touhou ranfuku said:
For the 4 Divine Beasts, there are two major version: Dragon, Turtle, Bird and Tiger, the other is Dragon, Turtle, Phoenix and Qilin, for the Qilin, it's a beast with two deer horns, scales of snake, lower body of horse, jaw of lizard, it's basically a dragon with the body of horse instead of snake.
Funny thing I learned reading light novels: apparently, during the time of the Akkadian Empire or near it, dragons were draw as basically horses with horns. It's only later that they were assimilated into snakes.
Megaolix said:
Well, to work, we would have to stop at the Death Arcana (best significant tarot to stop at). Meaning 14 including Issei. And with how it is, it would mean individual boosts rather than teamwork boosts.

Actually, Persona 3's last boss stopped at Death too, no? To represent the end of life. Yeah, Tarot could work here if we stop at Death Arcana.
I don't get it. Why stopping at a specific Arcana or follow the numeration?

If you have vacant posts, just collect enough girls to fit them all 8)

I don't want to show favoritisms, but the Tarots are significantly appropriate if Issei goes the Magician/Magic Focused route. Because the Tarots have a huge mystical meaning. Just read their page on the wiki: they are filled with esoteric symbolisms.

Plus they can also be used to play games.

Smuthunter said:

megrisvernin said:
I like that. I'd like to hear from Alexander if there's a tradeoff from doing so though. I'm more interested in it if there's no apparent downsides.
Well, the most obvious one is that, instead of having a piece/card that grant specific boosts, you will need to create something "neutral" that is capable of analyzing the target and change accordingly. It sounds easier, but in reality it's more complicated to design and create.
Smuthunter said:
The Pactio offers a few generic upgrades and one specific one unique to each girl.

The card is created by a magic ritual and serves as the physical manifestation of the bond between us and the girl in question. The card can be used for telepathy, as a hearthstone (that is, the person holding the card can summon his or her bondmate to their location), and gives a strength/speed/endurance boost. In our case this would also have related effects like unlocking Celestial Martial Arts.

In the comics, the unique power-up took the form of a pactio artifact. This is unnecessary and probably beyond our ability to work into the ritual given that we're already doing crazy stuff like unlocking CMAs. Instead, the unique upgrades take the form of a unique charm tree which is both native to and customizable by the girl who's using it. Rather than spirit charms or solar charms, these are "me" charms -- Ruby, for example, would be able to use them to focus her natural abilities while using her speed powers and Crescent Rose, while Mittelt would use her charms as a lens for her fallen angel magic; this would allow them to punch above their weight brackets and perform feats that would normally require them to be much older and more magically-powerful.
Oh? I like how you think 8).

Last edited by a moderator:
It's not necessary to kiss to form a pactio . You can substitute with an exchange of blood , as far as I remember . Pactio does offer a lot of versatility .

If we are reverse engineering the chess pieces and combining it with the pactio system , then we can do something like a blank card which mutates after the bond is formed to grant suitable enhancements .

If possible , we can also throw in an ability which is unique and depends upon the nature of the wielder .

There was also something about long distance tracking and summoning in the pactio system , iirc . It would be incredibly useful if we can manage to include them .

Edit : Ninja'd . I missed Smuthunter's post .

Okay , after a bit of researching , I changed my mind . Switching over to Tarot from Pactio . Here is a rough outline I thought up for how it's going to work.

1) Issei holds the World Arcana , and the rest of the Major Arcana is included , as well as their Reversed version , making a total of 44 cards .
2) Who gets which card is determined by factors such as their defining character traits , emotions , personal history etc.
3) The power of any given card depends upon Issei's relationship with the card holder . The closer they are , the more powerful the card becomes . In short , we have to social link .
4) Similar to the mutation of chess pieces , the cards can also mutate into cards of another deck , like Jester , Aeon etc.

So , what do you guys think ?

I like it, lots of different possibility and lots of room to move as it where, it would probably interest the Evil Pieces creator a lot as well, he's probably going to really want to meet us after we make our prototype to use on Mil-tan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back