• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

I will become God-Harem King of the World! [Highschool DxD/Exalted] (CLOSED)

Again, last I checked, we were making our system based on FSN servant classes.

Ruby - Lancer
Yang - Berserker
Mittlet - dunno, what is she good at?
Asia - Caster
Aika - Assassin, no one suspects the otaku pervert.

nightblade said:
Didn't you argue that we should join her peerage?
I might have at one point, I don't remember that discussion. But right now we're in a pretty good spot. I could stand to be closer to Rias's peerage just because I want all of them (sans Kiba and Gasper) in our harem, but getting Rias on our team when she really wants to lead her own isn't going to work unless we get into such a powerful position that working for us has significant benefits that Rias can't get by herself. And that's a problem because I don't remember what exactly it is that Rias wants out of being a king aside from performing well in the rating games.

Silversun17 said:
the only game i can think of might not be best choice.
My reading suggests that Gateway is very similar to chess, actually. The "king" equivalent is even called a Dragon. 8)

Last edited by a moderator:
Mu-Sensei said:

Ruby - Lancer
Yang - Berserker
Mittlet - dunno, what is she good at?
Asia - Caster
Aika - Assassin, no one suspects the otaku pervert.
Let's not. That's very limited. Tarots we can make reverse and proper ones. Also we can expanded a lot.

Mu-Sensei said:

That system only covers fighters, and has an even lower numerical cap. I like FSN as much as anyone else, but I wouldn't use the Servant classes.

Smuthunter said:
My reading suggests that Gateway is very similar to chess, actually. The "king" equivalent is even called a Dragon. 8)

Is there a canon list of pieces, or could we write-up our own?

Gnarker said:
That system only covers fighters, and has an even lower numerical cap. I like FSN as much as anyone else, but I wouldn't use the Servant classes.

Beast, Saver, Avenger, Ruler (to our Lunar mate), rises our peers to 11. 12, If Launcher is a thing, and if so, Ruby is Launcher. Also we could have a pair of each, Saver of black and of red for example.

(Saber to Weiss and Beast to Blake if they exist here)

Gnarker said:
Is there a canon list of pieces, or could we write-up our own?
Well the list I'm looking at is an unofficial write-up from 1E by a Michael Sullivan, whose name I don't recognize but might be someone important. If we use that then the pieces are:

Dragon - King
Rukh - Queen
Elephants - Rooks
Griffons - Sort of like knights but they play on one of the other boards
Horses/Wolves/Panthers - Bishops and knights
Gulls/Stags -- Pawns. Gulls play on the same board as the griffons. Both can advance in some manner to become Phoenixes and Unicorns

I admit to being curious about the tarot card idea though, it sounds like we would be able to pick and choose from a big list of potential powers and specialties depending on what we need. With twenty-something cards in a tarot deck we would probably never need all of them.

Smuthunter said:
Well the list I'm looking at is an unofficial write-up from 1E by a Michael Sullivan, whose name I don't recognize but might be someone important. If we use that then the pieces are:

Dragon - King
Rukh - Queen
Elephants - Rooks
Gulls/Stags -- Pawns. Gulls play on the same board as the griffons. Both can advance in some manner to become Phoenixes and Unicorns

I admit to being curious about the tarot card idea though, it sounds like we would be able to pick and choose from a big list of potential powers and specialties depending on what we need. With twenty-something cards in a tarot deck we would probably never need all of them.

there are 22 major arcana

0 The Fool
1 The Magician
2 The High Priestess
3 The Empress
4 The Emperor
5 The Hierophant
6 The Lovers
7 The Chariot
8 Justice
9 The Hermit
10 Wheel of Fortune
11 Strength
12 The Hanged Man
13 Death
14 Temperance
15 The Devil
16 The Tower
17 The Star
18 The Moon
19 The Sun
20 Judgement
21 The World

Smuthunter said:

Dragon - King
Rukh - Queen
Elephants - Rooks

And if we do we could use the reversed cards and the minor arcana to expand it. Also we should help Ria's cousin's mom. Dude is a total bro.

Mu-Sensei said:
Beast, Saver, Avenger, Ruler (to our Lunar mate), rises our peers to 11. 12, If Launcher is a thing, and if so, Ruby is Launcher.

Still less than the chess board.

A problem I could foresee with Tarot: How to assign everyone a card? What to do in case of overlaps? Seeing as the Arcana are all somewhat more personalized and associated with character archetypes instead of ability classes.

Or perhaps mix and match the cards? (Newly created, not classic) Suits with specialty cards like the Joker?

If we want we could replace the world with the universe. Which card would we get?

Oh, I know:
[J] Uno Cards!

Or, you know, we create a trading card game. Maybe even with additional buffs and equipment to share out our humungous overdrive pool, and spell cards to make big spells easier to cast.

Gnarker said:
Oh, I know:
[J] Uno Cards!

Or, you know, we create a trading card game. Maybe even with additional buffs and equipment to share out our humungous overdrive pool, and spell cards to make big spells easier to cast.
No.

I want to make artifical sacred gears. Especially if we can make some one the level of the longerous.

Gnarker said:
Still less than the chess board.

Yes, but unlike with the chess pieces, each has an unique power. Quality over quantity.

(we could pull a Nasu and make two other Caster variants (Avenger is supposed to be Berserker, Launcher, Lancer, etc) to keep things balanced.

As for Tarot cards, Aika + Universe = Rika Shiguma

Mu-Sensei said:
Yes, but unlike with the chess pieces, each has an unique power. Quality over quantity.

(we could pull a Nasu and make two other Caster variants (Avenger is supposed to be Berserker, Launcher, Lancer, etc) to keep things balanced.

As for Tarot cards, Aika + Universe = Rika Shiguma
The whole point is to make our own fraction. The more things we have the better.

We should use Magic the Gathering.

jokes aside, the tarrot idea has merit. the names of cards are really onimous.

might have to go with 20 cards, instead of 22 though.

no emperor or empress can stand above us, if we go the fool.

if WE take the emperor, we should avoid naming any of our harem "empress" no need to inspire more jelously than needed.

besides, chess has ranks, vaguely.

you know for a fact that the queen stands above a pawn, for example.

our own peerage should be different. we should have us, then everyone else as equals.

less bickering that way.

The advantages I see with the tarrot and FSN Class cards are that they will be made so that they won't need multiple versions to upgrade one person, like canon Issei with taking all 8 pawns.

That said FSN definitely is going to be a quality over quantity thing, but that quality is going to be having people upgraded to obscenely super-human levels as their base stats, not to mention skills they will automatically learn to fit with the class. And we could probably make "teams" so we have multiple versions of each class, not to mention there's far more than seven classes anyway.

And if we can get a limited form of our exaltation worked into them we may be able to give them something like favored and caste ability learning. Not as ridiculous as a Solar but still there perhaps.

The tarrot card is interesting but how would those translate into powers, they don't really lend themselves well to defining powers in my opinion which would make it harder to upgrade people. Not to mention there more used in describing events and/or people and may end up changing a persons personality if sympethetic/symbological magic is a thing, i.e. they act like tarrot cards even if we never programmed them to be, because that's what they started out as.

so each magicians peerage get's two teams of 7 in the peerage if we go with the FSN path?

Do I need to remind people that a smaller harem is also easier to manage and easier for Alexander to write? A large number of girls means a large number of characters who need to share screen time, and the more we have to deal with the less time for development each girl is going to get.

Silversun17 said:
so each magicians peerage get's two teams of 7 in the peerage if we go with the FSN path?
Nope. We can make far more than two teams if we want to, one version of the Grail War actually has 128 servents being summoned so... Also there are more than just seven classes. Its just that only seven classes are used in the Heavens Feel Ritual, i.e. the grail war everyone is familiar with.

Smuthunter said:
Do I need to remind people that a smaller harem is also easier to manage and easier for Alexander to write? A large number of girls means a large number of characters who need to share screen time, and the more we have to deal with the less time for development each girl is going to get.

taking this and the 10 girls needed for motivation completeion if we use the FSN system...

Saber
archer
lancer (want Ruby forthis)
rider
assassin
caster (Asia)
berserker (modify so that it just turns the dial up to 11 one strength and toughness, it should not effect the mind at all, also I'm thinking wooing Yang for this one)
Ruler (have this class boost planning, tactical and logistical skills. this class will just use the name ruler when it could be best described as commander)
Temptress (our fallen angel)

we might want to double up on sabers since they will be the core of our combat formation and because i can think of two candidates for that slots that are both desirable.

Silversun17 said:
taking this and the 10 girls needed for motivation completeion if we use the FSN system...

Saber
archer
lancer (want Ruby forthis)
rider
assassin
caster (Asia)
berserker (mdfify so that it just turns the dial up to 11 one strengh and toughness, it should not effect the mind at all, also i'm thinking wooing Yang for this one)
Ruler (have this class boost planning, tactical and logistical skills. this class will just use the name ruler when it could be best described as commander)
Temptress (our fallen angel)

we might want to double up on sabers since they will be the core of our combat formation
I know there are other classes, like Avenger, but I'm sure we could also custom make classes like sat... Shielder? Priest/Priestess?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back