• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Interest Check & Idea Thread

EternitynChaos said:
Zel's also boring as all fuck and whiny as hell at times, unlike Lina who's you know, actually interesting, ymmv on that of course

and don't even get me started on Amelia

this idea interests me however

Actually Zel's pretty interesting if you want to tell a DIFFERENT kind of story from the typical slayers fare...

The whole reason he comes off as boring compared to the rest is because he's their Straight man... he's the Butt of the jokes. Change the story telling approach and he becomes the roaming antihero, bound for vengeance. Until ofcourse he butts up to Lina gain... and becomes The Iron buttmonkey.

On the other hand... a Lina or Amelia quest would be awesome in its own rights. Lina would be a comedy action blend, while Amelia would be mostly a comedy with action.

EternitynChaos said:
Zel's also boring as all fuck and whiny as hell at times, unlike Lina who's you know, actually interesting, ymmv on that of course

and don't even get me started on Amelia

this idea interests me however

Guile said:
He just goes from being the long-suffering sod following Lina around, to being the long-suffering sod following Louise around.
I also have a much looser grasp on Zel and Amelia's characters than I do on Lina so they wouldn't turn out as well. Lina should be pretty easy because I have a few of the novels on hand to help me ape her style of snarky narration.

You see dead people.

For most guys like you in high school that'd be the point at which you started wondering if you should either find a psychologist or hunt down whoever slipped you something 'fun'. In your case though it's what you're used to. For you it's your personal normal.

You see dead people because, like it or not, you are a necromancer.

You're also a teenage boy, stuck in the last class of day, which explains why you had been staring out of the window and ended up spotting the motion outside. At this distance all you noticed was a vague distortion, an indistinct smoky form moving along, but you had been looking for a distraction from the teacher anyway.

You were pretty sure that, as necromancers go, you pretty much sucked. For someone who was self-taught though, who had never met or really heard of an actual necromancer or found a medium who wasn't a fake, you had still managed to pick up a few tricks though and you used one now.

A few lines of a page, a motion which you hoped wouldn't catch the teacher's attention since it was the first time you'd touched your pen during the class, and you had the start of a diagram. Raising a hand to your mouth you fetched a little spit then touched the ink with it.

Spit, blood, and some... other fluids were power and this didn't need much

The others in the class wouldn't have noticed anything even if they had been looking, you'd checked before with some pretty blatant attempts, but to your eyes a blue fire blazed on the makeshift diagram and seeped towards one particular symbol.

This little trick was like a litmus test and, if you hadn't messed it up again then there had been a visitor of the spiritual type passing nearby. Not a nice one either, but one of the cannibalistic monster types.

You hated those.

You were pretty sure that you were human, your body was normal enough even if you kept it in shape through running, and fighting something which wasn't really physical wouldn't be a fun thing. Luckily though, for both you and the ghost types in the area who lingered here under your protection, you were a necromancer and that gave you other options.

Grinning a little as the bell rang you crumpled up the diagram and stuffed it in your pocket even as your other hand scooped up your bag. Running towards danger might not be a smart move, but at least getting ready for it gave you a wonderful excuse to do one thing.

Go talk to your 'girlfriend'.

oOo

High School Necromancy
Inspired by Bleach and Highschool DxD

oOo

Like you'd ever need an excuse to do that...

oOo

Notes:

This Quest would quite blatantly steal from Bleach, Highschool DxD and/or urban fantasy but I won't be quite as dark or twisted as some of my other Quests have been. Any NSFW portions will be off-screen (or placed in the NSFW area of the forum) while I attempt to focus on action with a leavening of ecchi implications for amusement.

The girlfriend will be someone dead, or connected with the dead, who you have bound in some fashion and use as your first (or one of your first) minions. They'll be reliant on you for power, as well as bound in other ways, so your exact relationship would vary.

You'll be dealing with things on a "street" level even if you have the potential for more and will have to be smart to handle the various potent supernatural creatures running around. Maybe it's time to remind them that if you try feeding on humanity then you shouldn't be surprised when it bites back… Or, you know, binds them to be a cute high school girl for a few decades.

Possibilities for the 'girlfriend' (and, no, this isn't a vote yet) include: A frustrated shinigami, the ice queen of the school who isn't what she seems, a far too friendly ghost (not named Casper), a delinquent whose life you 'saved', and a young devil who really should have read her own contract properly...

Cannibalistic undead? Blood rituals? Our very own servant from beyond the grave?

I'm in.

You are a tanuki, heir to a glorious and fluffy lineage. Or at least you tell yourself that as you think deep on the legacy of ancient tanuki long pass, and of your people's state in the current day...

Humanity has declared itself your people's worse enemies, more than kitsune or tengu or other magical creatures... but then, humanity has declared itself enemy of all magical creatures. You've heard horror stories of things that had been done to the other magical creatures... to the point where you're not sure if there are any other magical creatures beyond tanuki left.

And even your people, cute, fluffy and innocent, are in grave danger! The worse danger! Humanity has decided that they liked your fluffy fur, that tanuki meat is tasty!

You've heard of your kin taken far across the world, beyond the seas of Nippon, across the frozen wasteland of Rus, and even to the western shores of Europa! But their fate is a terrible one, they are let loss into the wild, to struggle... to be hunted for their meat and fur by humans and various wild beasts.

And yet, those were the lucky ones... you've heard allegations that there are tanuki trapped in tiny cages on vast farm and factory complexes, kept prisoner for their fur and meat. Their heritage of magic long lost, by not able to take things easy.

It is a terrible time to be a tanuki.

And yet, you are a tanuki that can only auuuuuu pitifully.

Isn't it sad?

Despite all of this, you're currently waking up... it's a beautiful day with sakura trees blossoming and making everything look white and pink. You check your stash of tanuki leaves, you currently possess [10] tanuki leaves that you can use for your magic.

- - -
Tanukia, Quest for Snacks
- - -​

What Do?
[X] Auuuuu in horror at being in a tanuki quest!
[X] Auuuuu in horror at Bii for teasing with this!

- - -​

Name: : It's a sekrit!

Health : 10 Aieee! out of 10 Aieee!
Piggy Bank : 10 tanuki leaves

- - -​

Magic : Tanuki magic is fuelled by leaves, specifically, tanuki leaves. Without this precious item, you can not do magic. You must spend time and tanuki leaves to upgrade existing or learn new magic spells. Cost for learning or upgrading spells is [New Spell Level x 2] leaves and takes [New Spell Level] day and night, there can be no interruptions or time and tanuki leaves are wasted.

Shapeshift 1
Cost : 1 tanuki leaf
Duration : Indefinite
- Cast an illusion on your body to appear as something else. Size restrictions, must be larger than yourself, but can not exceed a human in size. This is an illustion and can be negated by any impact. Tanuki leaf used for this magic can be re-used, if the spell is NOT negated by an impact or worse injuries.

Tanuki Money 1
Cost : 0 tanuki leaf
Duration : an hour
- Cast an illusion on leaves to make them look like human money. Can be negated by damage and time. This magic spell does NOT require using up a tanuki leaf, BUT does require that you have at least 1 tanuki leaf.

- - -​

Skills : Skills give you bonuses to the 1d100 rolls to determine success or failure against the table.

Cute 1
- You look cute and gain a +5 bonus when rolling for social effects against some humans.

- - -​

Dice Table for Mechanics
Any Doubles: such as 11,22,33, etc, You win~
00: You win twice. You are so awesome.
91-99: Stupidly Successful
61-90: Successful
41-60: Neutral
11-40: Not So Good
02-10: Terrible
01: This is so terrible that IT JUST MIGHT WORK! (reroll)

The above table subject to modifications to a simple d100, anything that comes out less or more than one or one hundred is treated as one or one hundred, but you only reroll once. Rolling one twice is... unpleasant.

[X] Prepare to roast Tanuki on a stick.

This sounds like a reasonable course of action.

[X] Massage the tanuki balls before plucking them for noms.

Will we roast the Tanuki?

[blockquote]Rolled 1d100 : 13, total 13[/blockquote]

Integra Fairbrook Wingates Hellsing is in Hell.

Oh, she hadn't illusions about where she was going once kicking the bucket. Despite being a believer of the Protestant Church (even if not very devout) and faithfully serving the British Monarchy for all her life, she was full aware that keeping the Lord of All Vampires and his spawn as attack dogs and constantly butting heads with the Roman Catholic Church weren't exactly stellar examples on her list of good deeds. Yet she accepted it a long time ago: she was on a Mission for God, and if this means eternal damnation so be it.

Even then, when she thought of Hell she imagined fire, brimstone and lawyers.

She definitely didn't imagine to find herself, back in her 22-years old body, inside a bureaucratic office full of white-collars walking back and forth with hands full of paperwork, before a secretary in a skimpy dress told her to follow her. At least she has horns on the sides of her head: it makes things a bit less absurd.

Integra momentarily stops to consider the irony of the last statement before shaking her head and resumes following the secretary-slash-demoness. They arrive at a door more ornate than the rest, and her guide knocks on it.

"What now?!" A male voice yells from the other side.

"Sir Integra Fairbrook Wingates Hellsing has arrived My Lord."

"Finally. Make her enter."

The demoness opens the door and steps aside. Despite disliking the present lack of control at the end curiosity won and Integra steps inside.

As the door closes behind her she takes a few seconds to let her eyes roam around the room: very spartan, with just a dark red carpet and a bookcase on the side. In the center there is a desk almost identical to the one in her old office with two chairs in front of it.

And behind it, busy reading the inside of a folder, is a young man in a dark purple suit with mint green hair, very pale skin and heterochromatic eyes, one red and one blue: if it wasn't for the last detail Integra would have suspected him to be a vampire.

He abruptly closes the folder, puts it on the desk and raises his head, staring at her with a slightly irritated look. However his tone is polite. "Take a seat. I have a lot to do today, and the faster we do this the better."

Raising an eyebrow Integra sits down, crosses her legs and puts her hands on her lap. "So-" She begins. "Are you supposed to be Satan?"

"Nope. If you met my old man don't call him that: he hates that title."

She can stops her eyes from widening. "Your old man?"

He spreads his arms. "Nice to meet you. My name is Raizel, and I'm the son of the Devil."

"Does this make you the Antichrist?"

"Nope again. Being the Antichrist is just a role, anyone can do it if it fits the criteria. Anyway!" He claps his hands. "Do you know where and why you are?"

She scoffs. "I'm in Hell to receive my eternal punishment because I used vampires to kill people and shot priests."

"Right, and wrong. We aren't going to eternally punish you, we want to give you a job."

"..." Integra's brain took a few seconds to process what her interlocutor just said. "Run that be me again?"

"Oh it's pretty simple." He leans back on his chair. "Despite what many religious tests may said us and the guys above-" His right index finger points up. "Are enemies but we aren't constantly at each other's throats. There is the Armageddon for that, and it isn't going to happen for a loooong time. However, recently a new problem arise that pretty much force us to stop hostilities and put an united front."

Integra's eyebrows joins her hairline. "What kind of threat can force the armies of Heaven and Hell to join?!"

"Fuckers of the worst species, but the specifics can wait. Do you know of the theory of Parallel Universes?"

She nods. "I do. I assume it's correct and that this threat comes from another dimension?"

"Right on the mark. There is a Hell for each world, and they're all connected." He turns the folder around and pushes it towards her. "From now on you're a Great General of Hell, with the power to command its lesser citizens as you see fit. Go, pick up those of our guests who you think can better help, enough soldiers to form a proper army and come back so we can talk who you need to exterminate with extreme prejudice."

Integra looks at Raizel as if he was crazy. There are a lot of things she wants to ask: 'Just like that?', 'how I am supposed to it?' and the like. But the only one that comes out of her mouth is: "Why me?"

"Because Integra-" This is the first time he uses her name. "You have the qualities necessary to keep the worst subjects to ever walked the earth in line and make them listening to you. And no, you can't refuse. Bye, and good luck: you will need it."

The world blurs, and before she knew it she is outside, next to a limo complete with blue-skinned chauffeur.

She chuckles. "So now I am on a mission for the Devil? Irony must love me. Oh what the heck, I will do it. At least it's something I know well."

"Where ma'am?" The chauffeur asks after she sits inside.

"One moment." She opens the folder and beholds a list of names. "This look promising:-"

[] Choose a character.
----

The premise is a multi-crossover where, as Integra, you go around Hell picking up people to form an army. The individual can be from series you want (Lelouch, Light Yagami, Orochimaru...) but must have done things that warrant being in Hell, or a good reason to be there instead of Heaven or another place.

I thought of this while reading a crackfic.

So, some time ago I realized there was something that bugged me about "X the video game" stories and quests, but I couldn't really pick out what precisely.

Recently, after seeing a few such Quests, I got thinking... while there's been crosses with The Gamer, there hasn't actually been a straight up Han Jee-Han quest/fic... There's some obstacles though, so I figured I'd toss it on here (and elsewhere) and look for comments.

* First of all, the mechanics in The Gamer, while suitable generic, also don't communicate the underlying bits of the mechanics. And there's a lot up in the air (what impacts what, etc etc).

* Second, there's not going to be that sense of curiosity/discovery, as people will be aware of the various things Han Jee-Han did and what the results were.

* Third, there were definitely some elements that needed to go. Time-warping Illusion Barriers, for example (I got sick of the 'hyperbolic time chamber' training schtick long ago, admittedly).

* The Wisdom-first strategy might be difficult to handle in a Quest setting, since Questers are a bunch of devious munchkins.

* The "get stuff, sell for massive cash, buy training stuff" loop. And, to be honest, the "absorb skills" thing probably needs to be nerfed in some way.

* There's some early elements of the story that might be difficult to not retreat (Sun-Il's reaction to Jee-Han knowing things "he" shouldn't and expecting an imposter, etc etc).

So I'm wondering...

1) Is there interest in such a Quest?

2) Ways of resolving the above that come to mind? I've got a few sketches here and there, like using a system more like some other Korean MMO, using a 'letter system' (E-A, then S), a 'materialize' skill that has to be learned to bring things like loot money and such into reality...

Undjkpg.png

Last edited by a moderator:
PLOTKILLER QUEST

Rule's of cool, laws of comedy, nosebleeds etc. Bane of anime heroes or laws of physics in any universe. Except you.

Where hotbloodiness wins the day. Dies later due to infection.

Where invulnerable table, a place of protection. Now becomes a place of splinter hell.

A gust of wind blowing, revealing naked flesh and panties eliciting nosebleeds. Merely a "meh" in you.

Where an hour long monologue or transformation. Is an oppertunity for you and overkill, follow by salting the earth.

Assault by yandere. Grounds for sueing.

Prophesy, fates, and, destinies. Now an utter wreck.

Armed with the potent tools of "Common Sense", "Genre Savy", modern food, culture, education, and entertainment system. Will you break the status quo or leave it as before?. Would you play as a culture hero?, or 19th century robber barrons burrying your enemies with steel and magic!. Arise lost soul, for you have lost your old life. But gain another.

RACE(RL only):

S.P.E.C.I.A.L(you have 40 point to spend): See Fallout: New Vegas for further details on S.P.E.C.I.A.L.

CHOOSE ANIME VERSE

RULES:
Pending

"Master! Master! Waaah! Please wake up Master!"

Before the shrill voice it's your body being violently shaken that wake you up. Thanks to years of practice you skip all the usual stages, like blinking blearily and yawning, and go straight to open your eyes and sit up, all in one fluid motion. You quickly look around to ascertain the presence of hostiles. Having found none you relax and focus on the "person" next to you.

Aboro.jpg

"Yayyy! Master is alright!" Aboro, your personal Spirit assistant (in a very loose definition of the term) fold her hands together under her chin and stares at your face with eyes sparkling. "I was so worried! I thought...I thought..."

"..." You do a quick vertical chopping motion, as if to say [Calm down]. Then you look around again, noticing that you're lying inside what appear to be a urban park. "...?" You raise an eyebrow at Aboro, as if to say [What happened]?

"Ano..." She fidgets. "Remember when the Guild contacted us about an unusual portal that needed to be closed?" You nod. "Well after Master most magnetically defeated and contracted the Spirit guarding it!" You roll your eyes at her enthusiasm. "The Spirit Sealer was closing it, but then! While Master was looking away...Boo!" She beings gesticulating wildly. "Tashaa! Shasuuuu! Whol whol whol!"

You chop down on her head.

"...The portal did something." With crying eyes Aboro nurses her bruised head. "We got dragged into the Other Side. We came out, but I don't know where we are!"

Troublesome. But as long as you're in the Human World returning home is just a matter of contacting the nearer Institute. "..." You nod, patting her head, as if to say [Good job].

"Eheh." Giggling Aboro transforms into a card and vanish, going back inside your soul where the myriad other Spirits that you made your Demons reside.

The Professor is still amazed that your soul hasn't exploded yet by the sheer number of beings inhabiting it. But who are you to complain.

You stand up, remove the dust from your clothes and proceed to walk in a random direction, sure that soon or later you will come across a public phone.

Before reaching the end of the park however you come across what seems like a couple talking near a fountain. Not wishing to disturb the intimate moment you decide to change path.

But stop black wings appear from the back of the female. Without a doubts she's a Spirit.

"Will you die for me?" Those words, and the fact she formed a spear made of light in her hand leave no doubt about her intentions.

Too bad she meets you. "..." With just a sliver of intent Barbetta, one of your first Demons, answers you call and materializes in your hand in her weapon form. You take aim and shoot with the gun.

BANG!

"Aaah!" The winged girl cries when the bullet pierce the hand holding the spear. She turns to glare at you, eyes alight with psychotic fury.

You calmly walk towards her, sending a quick look at the still shocked male. "..." [Run]

Like everyone else he gets the meaning behind your silence immediately. "Y-Yes!" He says, sending a look of gratitude your way before running away.

"Where do you think you're going." The Spirit tries to chase after him, but another shoot stop her. "You trash! How dare you interfere and even wound me, Raynare, a mighty Fallen Angel?!"

"..." You show her a smile filled with nothing but mockery. [I couldn't care less about your opinion]

She sneers in contempt, another light spear forming in her unwounded hand.

In response your raise the hand not holding Beretta, a card made of pure, untainted light forming between your index and middle finger.

You lips part, your gift of tongue ready to call on one of your trusted partners to deal with the murderous Spirit.

"..."

[] 1 Star (Weak Spirits)
[] 2 Star (Stronger Spirits)
[] 3 Star (Mighty Spirits)
[] 4 Star (Peerless Spirits)
[] 5 Star (World-ending Spirits)
[] Is there a particular Spirit you want to summon?

----

Again "Ayakashi Ghost Guild", this time crossed with Highschool DxD. The premise is simple: you, a Ghost Agent, somehow ends in the DxD world just at the start of the series. Hilarity ensue.

To help those who don't know about AGG the game mechanisms are very simplified: as seen above you just need to choose the strength of the Spirit (with 1 being the lowest, with beings at Raynare's strength, to 5 being the strongest, with beings at Sirzechs and Shiva's strength). I then will choose (randomly, or maybe not?) the summoned Spirit. Or, you can choose a specific one.

This was thought to be a low-tension quest, with a silent protagonist (you can choose genders and other details) just going around DxD without (most of the time) the need to worry about the challenges ahead.

Also, sorry for the first fault post.

This is the result of listening to Shinedown's Son of Sam on repeat for something like two hours.

High School DxD Quest. Issei is a dragon but not a devil, and remains a power independent of the various factions. Unfortunately for Raynare and company, Boosted Gear works differently in this story -- rather than doubling Issei's power levels as in canon, it starts by giving him the qualities of a dragon (strength, speed, toughness, etc), and then allows for explosive growth after awakening through the use of Shonen Points, which are a measure of Issei acting on his desires and forcing Boosted Gear to evolve in response to those desires. Sort of like Lilith Quest but with more plot and less sex (NSFW material would almost certainly happen but it would be set aside in another thread).

Every time Issei gains five Shonen Points, readers will be allowed to vote on new powers to give him, subject to approval by me, at an appropriately dramatic point in his story such as during a fight scene. These abilities could be things like breathing fire, a second gauntlet, enhanced senses, flight via Scale Mail's jetpack-pauldron things, and many others.

Plotwise the story would focus on Issei's status as a wild card divided between the three factions, with Asia as his primary ally rather than the Gremory peerage. The setting would be revamped heavily to be more realistic -- peace between the factions just isn't going to happen unless the readers really work for it, for instance, and rating games would have essentially no importance to the plot.

Issei is still a pervert right? If so I'm in.

touhou ranfuku said:
So that's somehow similar to Lofty Goal by GB?
A bit late on this response, but no. Lofty Goals has Issei be a dragon and then jump right back on the stations of canon by reincarnating. In this quest you'd be a dragon and only a dragon. There's a trick or two necessary to keep Issei from wanting to join up with Rias's peerage though; he's close enough to them compared to the other factions that he almost can't help but get a good first impression of them.

Soh, I've got a little Naruto on the brain at the moment, and I'm letting one of my ideas out. Just venting an idea. Kinda short, but what can ya do. (Willing to go NSFW if there's interest.)

Responsible Brother Quest.

"Could you please repeat that, Leader-sama?" You ask, in a perfectly reasonable tone of voice.

The Deva path of Pein tilts his head: "Once again, We have discovered the location of the Seven-tailed Beast. Orochimaru has extracted it from the prior host, and sealed it within Uchiha Sasuke. As you are a Sharingan user, You will go with Kisame Hoshigaki to capture him and extract the Nanabi. Understood?"

You bow your head: "Of course, Leader-sama."

+​
[] Go along with it.

[] The Rinnegan provides Pein with a significant resistance to Genjutsu, but you've never encountered a problem that Tsukiyomi couldn't solve. Enemy ninja, forgetting your wallet, Overly friendly people...
Truly, the Mangekyo is a useful tool.

[] You did manage to convince Konan to teach you the trigger seal for her lake of explosive tags... Combine that with a reverse summon, and it should slow Pein down a little.

[] Even if you're dying from something eating your lungs, you can probably beat the Deva path to death before any of the other paths can reach you. Mix in a little ninjutsu, and you'll probably be able to take down three paths or so before you need to escape.

[] Play along with it. You can neutralise Kisame with ease, and it'll buy a little more time before Pein knows that he needs to send another team.

[] Maybe there's another way? (Write in)
-​

Yep, it's an Itachi Quest. Run around and do stuff, w/in the bounds of his character.

[X] Play along with it. You can neutralize Kisame with ease, and it'll buy a little more time before Pein knows that he needs to send another team.

This is a very interesting premise and I hope that it is continued. I think it is the first quest with Itachi as a protagonist.

Ct613hulu said:
This is a very interesting premise and I hope that it is continued. I think it is the first quest with Itachi as a protagonist.
If that's so then I'm disappointed with the Internet. (Unless you meant on this site, which'd be more acceptable.)
Itachi may well be my favourite character from that show. He's awesome, in an insane way.
(Seriously, the dude's crazy. Utterly insane.)

I'm aiming for a simple romp with a ludicrously powerful Protag, so if there's interest, I'll write. (Slowly, because I'm slow.)
(I was kinda inspired by a quest on SB that had Orochimaru as a protagonist.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back