• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
[] Stalk her from the shadows.
What is this 'Thrill' nonsense?

[X] "Their lives are painful and alcohol is their only escape, what's wrong with that?"
Whining about things not being 'nice' shows a lack of understanding about the world.
That's going to hurt, isn't it. :(

[X] "Their lives are painful and alcohol is their only escape, what's wrong with that?"

I don't think there's much point getting into an argument with Kyouko, but it probably won't hurt and we can always stalk her later.

Votes locked and write-up commencing. Also, added "Siegfried", "Stein" and "Linz" to obtainables.

2.4. Pink and Red
Votes locked and write-up commencing. Also, added "Siegfried", "Stein" and "Linz" to obtainables.

"Their lives are painful and alcohol is their only escape, what's wrong with that?" Your mother enjoys alcohol responsibly, whiskey allowing her to relax and calm down from the tension of her work when she relaxes at night. The only difference between her and them is that your mother has control over their drinking habits. If it is that bad for them, then its the outcome for not controlling their habits.

You wait for a response but none occurs.

You think that maybe you offended someone. You turn to your left and see that the redhead girl is shaken. Tears are welling in her eyes, although you see a healthy dose of rage in her face as well.

"And... and what about the people those escapists leave behind? What about family and friends? What about their wife, their husband, their sons or their daughters? What about them, huh? You think it's just right to run away? Do you, you middle class hedonist brat?! You're not from around here are you?!"

"I'm sorry if I offended you, it was just my opinion..."

"Well, your opinion can go and...die!"

You wondered what was her problem.

She storms off violently and the way she walks makes it clear she wants to get away from far as you as possible, your presence being odious to her.

[] "I'm sorry!" Chase after her and apologise.
[] Stalk her. People with mental problems like that... you pity her.

[] Write-in

March 26th Saturday, 7:10pm

[X] Follow her and continue.
-[X] "Then wouldn't it be up to those friends and family to help them through their pain."
--[X] If she would still lash out, then leave her be. You've tried to help, but whether people want help is not for you to decide.

Edit: You know... I just noticed the Nanoha tag...

Last edited:
"And... and what about the people those escapists leave behind? What about family and friends? What about their wife, their husband, their sons or their daughters? What about them, huh? You think it's just right to run away? Do you, you middle class hedonist brat?! You're not from around here are you?!"
I don't think cannon Kyouko had this issue, did she? Her father snapped, but he was never an alcoholic.

-[X] "Then wouldn't it be up to those friends and family to help them through their pain."
I think it would be a very bad idea to imply that she didn't try hard enough to save her family. She might actually attack us over that.

[X] Stalk her. People with mental problems like that... you pity her.

[X] Follow her and continue.
--[X] If she would still lash out, then leave her be. You've tried to help, but whether people want help is not for you to decide.

Edit: You know... I just noticed the Nanoha tag...

It indicates solely similarities in themes rather than crossover.

[X] "I'm sorry!" Chase after her and apologise.
[] Stalk her. People with mental problems like that... you pity her.

... If she didn't want a opinion, she shouldn't have voiced hers on the 'disgusting' drunks.
Shattered like a window with a single comment.

I think it would be a very bad idea to imply that she didn't try hard enough to save her family. She might actually attack us over that.

[X] Stalk her. People with mental problems like that... you pity her.

Eh. And I think we shouldn't interfere too much in a situation that we don't know in or is part of.

For all we know, this person isn't who we think it is - or even have circumstances equivalent to what we think we know.

Eh. And I think we shouldn't interfere too much in a situation that we don't know in or is part of.

For all we know, this person isn't who we think it is - or even have circumstances equivalent to what we think we know.
I think your vote 'interferes' with the current situation more.

In a way, but we're not stalking her home or prying into anything. We've said our word, so if she choose to decline or throw something at us, that's it.
I think you misjudged the way your vote will come across to her, so I fixed the possible outcomes. :)

Eh. I full expect that she'll just either ignore us or try to punch us... in which case the former does not matter and the latter means we got a layer of armor between us and her.

Eh. I full expect that she'll just either ignore us or try to punch us... in which case the former does not matter and the latter means we got a layer of armor between us and her.
Neither of those are good outcomes, the other votes at least have the possibility of a 'better' outcome.

Close enough.

Changing too:
[X] "I'm sorry!" Chase after her and apologise.

Neither of those are good outcomes, the other votes at least have the possibility of a 'better' outcome.

I don't consider getting Madoka into the habit of stalking people when she gets brushed off or yelled at anywhere near "good".

I don't consider getting Madoka into the habit of stalking people when she gets brushed off or yelled at anywhere near "good".
I don't view possibly getting stabbed by a magical weapon by being careless with what we are saying as even 'acceptable'.
Both 'Stalk' and 'apologise' have possible advantages and disadvantages but 'Backhand upset magical girl with a careless comment' has only downsides.
At best she dislikes us, at worst she tries to kill us.

I don't view possibly getting stabbed by a magical weapon by being careless with what we are saying as even 'acceptable'.

I actually do, since that means she will find out that we have a technological armor that may be capable of fighting... and we would actually learn about Witches and such.

Then vote to walk away. Alienating Kyouko and possibly getting stabbed (Kyouko's spear is not normal, we have no idea how it will compare to our armour) is a terrible idea.

EDIT:
I actually do, since that means she will find out that we have a technological armor that may be capable of fighting... and we would actually learn about Witches and such.
Yeah, and then she beats us into the ground because she's been fighting reality-warping monsters every few days for months/years and we haven't. She has no reason to tell us about witches or magical girls

...You are aware we might die if she decides to decapitate us or stab us in the heart? Also giving away our advantage for no reason is not a good idea.

...You are aware we might die if she decides to decapitate us or stab us in the heart?

No risk no gain.

And if she attempts to murder us now, I'd rather know now when we're fully armored rather than when she back-stabs us at a critical moment.

Cause if murder is he first response to people pissing her off, I'm pretty sure we want to wipe her off the face of the city.

And if she attempts to murder us now, I'd rather know now when we're fully armored rather than when she back-stabs us at a critical moment.
He reaction to a random stranger in power armour insulting all her traumas has very little to do with how she would treat us under other circumstances.

He reaction to a random stranger in power armour insulting all her traumas has very little to do with how she would treat us under other circumstances.

I completely disagree since I believe that people only reveal their true nature under stress, but we'll agree to disagree here.

No risk no gain.

Cause if murder is he first response to people pissing her off, I'm pretty sure we want to wipe her off the face of the city.
You are right about the 'no gain' part. Don't give her reasons to backstab us and she probably won't.
I completely disagree since I believe that people only reveal their true nature under stress, but we'll agree to disagree here.
Again, a stranger in power armour will be treated differently to a friend, she won't even try to be nice under stress if she doesn't know us.

Under sufficient stress, most people will kill. People's behaviour is inherently context sensitive. Being willing to kill a dangerous, antagonistic stranger does not imply she would betray a friend.

Also, she was actually trying to kill Sayaka at one point in cannon, you don't need to perform the experiment again here.

Under sufficient stress, most people will kill. People's behaviour is inherently context sensitive. Being willing to kill a dangerous, antagonistic stranger does not imply she would betray a friend.

Also, she was actually trying to kill Sayaka at one point in cannon, you don't need to perform the experiment again here.

You should probably modify the statement: Under sufficient stress, most people will be willing to kill.

But that really has no baring on the situation. The choices here were to apologize or stalk. I choose neither and added an opinion to give final advice before leaving.

IF things degenerate into a fight, I don't mind that outcome. It gives Madoka a chance to find out more about the world she lives in.

IF nothing happens, then we haven't wasted time either.

That's really the point of the votes right now.

2.5. Pink and Red
You should probably modify the statement: Under sufficient stress, most people will be willing to kill.

But that really has no baring on the situation. The choices here were to apologize or stalk. I choose neither and added an opinion to give final advice before leaving.

IF things degenerate into a fight, I don't mind that outcome. It gives Madoka a chance to find out more about the world she lives in.

IF nothing happens, then we haven't wasted time either.

That's really the point of the votes right now.

---

"I'm sorry!" You continue to chase after her. She hears your apology, but dismisses it even as she's running.

"I don't care. Just go away! I can't handle the thing you're making me remember!" She is surprisingly fast.

Suddenly, Stahl activates and speaks, at a volume only you can hear. Of course civilians around you are curious

"WITHIN MITAKIHARA-KAZAMINO AREA. PURSUIT SITUATION RECOGNIZED. CONNECTING TO ANONYMOUS OPERATIONS SATELLITE VPN. CONNECTING TO XINJIANG TIANHE LABORATORIES. ACCESSING MMMR SYSTEM. RETRIEVING MAGNETIC SIGNATURE, SUBJECT IDENTIFIED AS SAKURA KYOUKO, SPECIAL DESIGNATION, SECOND CHILD."

"Memo that down for me for later, Stahl!"

"ACKNOWLEDGED, MADAM."

You stop for a minute to catch your breath. You then remember that you were supposed to be chasing that girl, whose name is apparently "Kyouko". You then realise that stopping has caused her to escape your sight. You take out Stahl, your strategic smartphone and look at the screen. What you see is amazing.

Before you on the phone screen is a three-axis map that shows you the layout of Kazamino City. Currently, it is focused on a moving dot labelled "SAKURA, KYOUKO" that is rapidly moving around Kazamino, apparently on the higher levels.

You try and think about that.

She's jumping across rooftops!? Was she an acrobat or something?

Chasing her down was going to be hectic...

---

She finally stops at an abandoned hotel, apparently. You come to the understanding that she is a street urchin. A very athletic one at that that can run across rooftops confidently.

That just adds more layers of strangeness to it.

You wanted to apologise to her and to have her accept that apology. That probably requires a gift.

You go to a small corner store and buy a tub of ice cream with your pocket money.

---

You head your way into the abandoned hotel.

"Gunther, brace yourself, I'm going to smash that door."

"ROGER."

You pull out Gunther, your artificially intelligent carbine and use it to smash the flimsy and rotten door. Since Sakura-san is at the top floor, you reckon she won't hear it. You crash Gunther into the door knob, rendering moot the issue of the door.

You wander in and boy, do you realize this wasn't exactly a high quality hotel. Syringes, vodka bottles and used... stuff are thrown all over the place.

From a pragmatic, hide-in-an-unpleasant-place point of view, this was the perfect hideaway. Dirty, putrid, disgusting. No sane normal person would've thought of crawling here. It's either you're insane or abnormal, apparently. The same could be said of the redhead.

You sneak up the stairs, taking out the muted Stahl occasionally to check whether you were looking at the right side of the corridors.

You get nearer to this Sakura as you advance.

You arrive at the room Stahl say she's in. You peer in. Stahl wasn't mistaken. It was the redhead alright.

And she was pigging out on fried chicken, rice and instant noodles and sweets. She didn't have any nutritional education, did she? Well, it's not like you controlled her body, so it wasn't any of your business.

You politely knock on the open hotel door:
"I still want to talk."

On the other side of wall, you hear Sakura-san yell:
"Oh what now, you persistent little mouse?"

"I got ice cream to prove to you I mean no harm."

"Hmm. Now you're talking. Come in."

---

A short and pleasant dialogue ensues between the two of you.

You say to her:
"So, I'm sorry for offending you and hurting your feelings in any way."

"Apology accepted. You shouldn't break down at strangers. I'm sorry for ranting out my resentment against you. You're surprisingly persistent at giving apologies." She replies.

"Hmm. I guess that's what happens. I don't want to make enemies."

Having finished your apology, you stand up and make your way out of the hotel room. Of course, you are stopped by a question.

"What's your name and how did you manage to track me down? And what brought you to Kazamino?"

NAME
[] "Can't tell."
[] Tell first only.
[] Tell full name.

HOW
[] "I can't tell you."
[] "I'm a corporate burglar."
[] "I'm a corporate burglar. You're fast. Want to join me next time?"

PURPOSE
[] "I was looking for a thrill."
[] "I was looking for criminals."
[] "I wanted to wreck something."

Saturday 26th, 7:40 pm

Last edited:
NAME
[X] "Can't tell."
-[X] "Call me Lion for now."

HOW
[X] "I'm a corporate burglar. You're fast. Want to join me next time?"

PURPOSE
[X] "I was looking for criminals."

NAME
[X] Tell first only.

HOW
[X] "I can't tell you."

PURPOSE

A burglar (criminal) looking for criminals doesn't look good.

Remember we can make write-ins.

[X] Tell first only.
[X] "I'm a corporate burglar. You're fast. Want to join me next time?"

I think giving our actual name will bring us closer to Kyouko (calling someone by their first name indicates a closer relationship, so introducing ourselves like that will push things in that direction) and has negligible risk, since she probably won't go searching for the family of the CEO of the company we're robbing. Even if she does find out, it's probably better if we didn't look like we were trying very hard to hide it.

Inviting her on a burgling trip would be a great bonding experience, especially since it comes with actual risk, and sharing significant things about ourselves will push her to do the same even if she declines.

[X] Tell first only.

[X] "I can't tell you."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back