• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
HMMM. That's a surprisingly weird way to chase someone down to apologize.

NAME
[X] Tell first only.

HOW
[X] "I can't tell you directly, but I can say that I have a friend who's very good at hacking satellites."

PURPOSE
[X] "I was just hoping to get away from home for a while."

[X] Tell first only.
[X] "I'm a corporate burglar. You're fast. Want to join me next time?"
[X] "I was looking for criminals."

I think giving our actual name will bring us closer to Kyouko (calling someone by their first name indicates a closer relationship, so introducing ourselves like that will push things in that direction) and has negligible risk, since she probably won't go searching for the family of the CEO of the company we're robbing. Even if she does find out, it's probably better if we didn't look like we were trying very hard to hide it.

Inviting her on a burgling trip would be a great bonding experience, especially since it comes with actual risk, and sharing significant things about ourselves will push her to do the same even if she declines.

[] "I'm a corporate burglar. You're fast. Want to join me next time?"

Only thing is that she might cause us to get caught next time we go...
Votes locked commencing write-up.

Might be moving a bit too quickly for discussion of a two vote. Consider extending time after vote limit reached?

2.6. Pink and Red
Votes locked commencing write-up.

"My name is Madoka. Simply Madoka. Yours?"

"Well, if you're just telling me your first name, I guess you have your reasons. It's a two way road, but. The name's Kyouko. First name basis, you're, almost, not quite, but almost sis-tier." The redhead winks at you as if she were speaking in an argot.

The redhead of course, wants to know more. She cocks her head to your right as she takes a bite out of a chicken drumstick. Eating meat after a dessert isn't exactly your taste, but everyone had their differences...
"So. How 'dya get to me and what's your reason for wandering around in here?"

You reply:
"Well, firstly, I can't tell you, because business is business and secondly, I came here to look at the lowlives and criminals and observe them."

Kyouko throws to you an apple and you catch it. Seems like you're the guest here, so you clean it with the lower ends of your outer coat and start munching on it, slowly in contrast to Kyouko's ripping and tearing, of a mere non-meat apple no less.

She leans in closer
"You a white knight by any chance? "Hunting down criminals to bring them to justice"?"

[] "Well, I'm not going to exactly go and bomb a marketplace and detonate a nuke for kicks and giggles, but given I've gone and burglarized a business, I'm not going to pretend I'm a saint. I wanted to to do business with some of the denizens here."
[] "If you hit me, expect to get hit. If I hit someone, I expect to get hit. I just wanted to wander around here for a "good Kazamino experience"."
[] "There's a wall of separation between politeness and passivity. I'm getting in some shady business, but why should I physically hurt others unnecessarily? Same thing here with the ladies and gentlemen of this place."
[] ""Justice" means order and power to another person. "Justice" may as well be an excuse for controlling other people. I'm here to seize control of the Kazamino underworld."
[] "Well, recently, I've been a somewhat bad girl, but I had my reasons, so I can definitely understand the contempt of good law and order, but you compare the folk here to Mitakihara, well, there's a reason."
[] "Yeah. Go and rob that groceries stall again and I might not exactly continue to view you in a positive light. No wonder this place is in the dumps."

[] Write in

Saturday 26th, 8:00 pm

Last edited:
[X] "I you hit me, expect to get hit. If I hit someone, I expect to get hit. I just wanted to wander around here for a good Kazamino experience."

[X] "There's a wall of separation between politeness and passivity. I'm getting in some shady business, but why should I physically hurt others unnecessarily? Same thing here with the ladies and gentlemen of this place."

Might be moving a bit too quickly for discussion of a two vote. Consider extending time after vote limit reached?
I tend to count votes on the assumption that people are slow to vote, because I'm impatient.

I suppose an exception should be in order with the players of this quest given how involved we are.

Changing vote wait time to 20 minutes instead of 15.

[] "There's a wall of separation between politeness and passivity. I'm getting in some shady business, but why should I physically hurt others unnecessarily? Same thing here with the ladies and gentlemen of this place."
... Not too sure, maybe this one.

I went with my vote because I'm not really sure what "wall of separation between politeness and passivity" is supposed to mean. Kyouko also might be more at home with violence metaphors, but that's just me grasping at straws, the two votes seem pretty similar apart from that.

I went with my vote because I'm not really sure what "wall of separation between politeness and passivity" is supposed to mean. Kyouko also might be more at home with violence metaphors, but that's just me grasping at straws, the two votes seem pretty similar apart from that.
'a good Kazamino experience' might offend her somehow though. This is part of her life.
All of the choices don't quite work.

[X] ""Justice" means order and power to another person. "Justice" may as well be an excuse for controlling other people. I'm here to seize control of the Kazamino underworld."

Just because Kyouko is good at Kyoumancy doesn't mean she eats her own foot each and every time! :D

'a good Kazamino experience' might offend her somehow though. This is part of her life.
All of the choices don't quite work.
Yeah, you have a point. How about:

[X] "I you hit me, expect to get hit. If I hit someone, I expect to get hit. I just wanted to see what it was really like over here."

It's a bit upper-middle class, but so is everything we could say and she's clearly accepted that about us.

[] "I you hit me, expect to get hit. If I hit someone, I expect to get hit. I just wanted to see what it was really like over here."

It's a bit upper-middle class, but so is everything we could say and she's clearly accepted that about us.
'I just wanted to see what it was really like over here' sounds like we are a rich person having a holiday 'Oh, I just wanted to see how the common people live.'/etc.

'I just wanted to see what it was really like over here' sounds like we are a rich person having a holiday 'Oh, I just wanted to see how the common people live.'/etc.
Yeah, that's what I meant by "a bit upper-middle class". The problem is that it's the actual reason we came here and we don't have any others. I don't think Kyouko will be offended, since we're not looking down on her or stepping on her traumas, at worst she'll just snark at us a bit.

[X] "I you hit me, expect to get hit. If I hit someone, I expect to get hit. I just wanted to see what it was really like over here."
Lets see what happens.

Lets see what happens.

Votes locked, writing up.

2.7. Pink and Red
Votes locked, writing up.

"I you hit me, expect to get hit. If I hit someone, I expect to get hit. I just wanted to see what it was really like over here."

Even as she chews on her piece of fried she smirks in approval as your apparent assertiveness:
"Muh girl." she says in obvious parallel to the idiom "my man."

She continues:
"So, not-quite-slum tourism, right?"

"I guess so, although it was more out of curiosity than wanting to smugly look down on others."

"You don't even look that rich to go looking down on people. Middle class, not old money, I can tell."

"Yeah... See you, I've got... business to do." You select the euphemism of "business" seeing as she is away from her family. You make your way to the door, about to leave the room once again.

She doesn't catch on to what you mean exactly:
"Well, 'cya and good hunting, whatever it is you're looking for."

[] "You want to rob the Mitakihara Bank Branch here, Monday at 5 afternoon? We'll plan tomorrow, here."
[] "Let's go hold up that pawnbroker Monday at 5 afternoon. We'll plan tomorrow, here."
[] "You want to go and burglarise Kaname Corporation Tower on Monday afternoon, around, say 6 in the afternoon? I'll meet you near the bushes outside the entrances."
[] Leave and go home without further ado or silly try-hard extreme propositions.

[] Write-in

Saturday 26th, 8:30 pm

Well we can't just go without suggesting a daring heist, but we probably don't want to try robbing the Kaname Corporation Tower as our first joint outing, since their probably on higher alert now, and holding up a pawnbroker is just petty, rather than daring, so:

[X] "You want to rob the Mitakihara Bank Branch here, Monday at 5 afternoon? We'll plan tomorrow, here."

Though I hear bank heists aren't very lucrative these days either, so if someone has a better idea I'll go for it.

Well we can't just go without suggesting a daring heist, but we probably don't want to try robbing the Kaname Corporation Tower as our first joint outing, since their probably on higher alert now, and holding up a pawnbroker is just petty, rather than daring, so:

[X] "You want to rob the Mitakihara Bank Branch here, Monday at 5 afternoon? We'll plan tomorrow, here."

Though I hear bank heists aren't very lucrative these days either, so if someone has a better idea I'll go for it.
[] "You want to rob the Mitakihara Bank Branch here, Monday at 5 afternoon? We'll plan tomorrow, here."
[] "Let's go hold up that pawnbroker Monday at 5 afternoon. We'll plan tomorrow, here."

Pawnbroker might have various things in pawn we might like, Ditto for the bank vaults.
Only thing is cameras/etc recording us, making Pawnshop easier.
We should/might be able to hack the bank though.

Not sure what is 'best'.

EDIT: A Pawnbroker moves stock faster, so we might want to hit it first for time sensitive stuff.(We need to find Oriko so we can plan around what is in each place/etc. Or QM could give us an idea of what there is, but that's not the best idea quest-wise.)

Last edited:
Why are all the options... so ILLEGAL?

[X] Start with finding and identifying all the illegal heads of the city's crime scene for today.

Pawnbroker might have various things in pawn we might like, Ditto for the bank vaults.
Only thing is cameras/etc recording us, making Pawnshop easier.
We should/might be able to hack the bank though.
None of the really nice stuff is going to be at a pawnshop, that's going to be limited to stuff you could buy for reasonable (<$10,000) amounts of money. The bank vaults might have something, but the main draw is liquid assets (mostly cash) which we can convert into whatever we need whenever we need it (except for the kind of military hardware we'd need to go to the Kaname Corporation Tower for). It's also better for Kyouko, she can stop stealing food for a bit.

As for cameras, I was assuming our Illuminati stealth training covered disguises and we can just give Kyouko some tips.

None of the really nice stuff is going to be at a pawnshop, that's going to be limited to stuff you could buy for reasonable (<$10,000) amounts of money. The bank vaults might have something, but the main draw is liquid assets (mostly cash) which we can convert into whatever we need whenever we need it (except for the kind of military hardware we'd need to go to the Kaname Corporation Tower for). It's also better for Kyouko, she can stop stealing food for a bit.

As for cameras, I was assuming our Illuminati stealth training covered disguises and we can just give Kyouko some tips.
I was thinking about 'Unknown' Items floating around... But since the bank vaults are more likely to have those + Money etc, we might as well go with that.
I hope we aren't doing it too soon in the quest.
We also don't know Kyouko's Morals too well either.

EDIT: ...

Last edited:
2.8. Pink and Red
I was thinking about 'Unknown' Items floating around... But since the bank vaults are more likely to have those + Money etc, we might as well go with that.
I hope we aren't doing it too soon in the quest.
We also don't know Kyouko's Morals too well either.

EDIT: ...

"You want to rob the Mitakihara Bank Branch here, Monday at 5 afternoon? We'll plan tomorrow, here." Maybe it was the confidence the ribbons gave you. Maybe it was the way you casually broke into the heavily guarded Kaname Corporation and how it encouraged you. Madoka Kaname was supposed to be good girl. She wasn't supposed to rob banks, was she?

Not when she felt this powerful. Everything changed when your mother gave you the white ribbons. That constant feeling of droopy tiredness, of innocent dullness, the moment you put on those white ribbons, they disappeared.

Being normal was boring and being boring was not ambitious. Even now, the bright radiance of those ribbons called upon you to escalate your behaviour each and every possible time.

Well, such was life. You're feeling good and strong now and anything that wanted to make life less boring for you ought to be thrown into the bin.

Returning to the topic of bank robbery, Kyouko dropped her jaw at your proposition:
"Whaddya say?"

You repeat yourself:
"I said we should rob the bank. Two more times to make myself clear. Rob the bank. We literally rob the Mitakihara Bank branch in Kazamino. Seize a million or more dollars, take what we want, how we want. Possibly give a thousand to every little kid in Kazamino, keep some for ourselves and do what we want with it."

Kyouko was still surprised, her expression still one of shock.
"You think you can simply walk in a bank branch and take whatever money we want?"

You reply:
"What's the point of a bank robbery if we don't get money?"

"No, my point is, you expect to be able to pull that stuff out?"

"I've got a plan. We'll refine it tomorrow." You didn't really have a plan at all, but you're still confident that the plan you make will succeed.

"'Kay. You know, your voice sounds really out of place with the fact that you're basically a thug?"

"Well, it's not getting deeper any time soon, so I have to deal with it don't I?"

You say your goodbyes to each other and you make your way home, leaving Kyouko in her hovel.

---

"Tadaima!"

"Okaeri!"

"Nee-chan, nee-chan!" You hug Tatsuya as he comes up to hug you.

"Where's Mother?" you ask your father.

"She's busy asleep to make up for last night. Oh, and Madoka..."

Father tries to lecture you about arriving home late, but of course, Father being Father, it comes off as a suggestion.

You clean up and sleep.

---

After breakfast, you go to Kazamino, as promised earlier, to the hotel room where Kyouko is dwelling, in casual clothing, carrying the backpack form of von Schoenkopf as emergency.

"Hi! So about robbing that bank, you're serious, aren't you?"

"I'm here, so yeah." You giggle at the absurdity of it all. Madoka Kaname, planning to rob a bank.

"So, what's the plan?"

The plan will take around nine hours to develop. You're sure it will be a perfect heist but.

[] "I'll tailgate a manager, pretending to be an intern. I'll get their credentials, hide in the shadows, stuff them into a bag. I'll walk quietly out, you relay them to the hotel room. The moment anyone gets suspicious, we stop."
[] "You go quietly hand over a written threat to a clerk, then you take a small bag and run away with it."
[] "Balaclava, ninja suits. Hold up the whole bank and everyone inside. While they're distracted, I'll sneak, hauling it out. Then, we scram via the rooftops!!"

[] Write-in

March Sunday 27th, 9:00 am

"You want to rob the Mitakihara Bank Branch here, Monday at 5 afternoon? We'll plan tomorrow, here."
Weird tense here, if this is Madoka talking it should be "I want" without a question mark, if it's Kyouko talking the second sentence is wrong. Misleading quotation marks aside, the vote was really meant to be instructions to Madoka, rather than something she should repeat literally.

Not when she felt this powerful. Everything changed when your mother gave you the white ribbons. That constant feeling of droopy tiredness, of innocent dullness, the moment you put on those white ribbons, they disappeared.
I had wondered if the ribbon had something to do with all the thrill seeking. I'm kind of torn between trying to minimise our exposure and going all in. Regardless, we should remember that Junko gave it to us and someone in the Illuminati has to know it's effects on us. EDIT: But probably not Junko, seeing how she didn't guess the burglar was us.

I wonder if it's affecting Kyouko by proximity, she does seem very willing to rob a bank with a kid she met yesterday.

[X] "Balaclava, ninja suits. Hold up the whole bank and everyone inside. While they're distracted, I'll sneak, hauling it out. Then, we scram via the rooftops!!"

This plan has us both participating in a meaningful way which is kind of the point of inviting Kyouko in the first place and has the best chance of getting us a major haul.

[] "I'll tailgate a manager, pretending to be an intern. I'll get their credentials, hide in the shadows, stuff them into a bag. I'll walk quietly out, you relay them to the hotel room. The moment anyone gets suspicious, we stop."
[X] "Balaclava, ninja suits. Hold up the whole bank and everyone inside. While they're distracted, I'll sneak, hauling it out. Then, we scram via the rooftops!!"
This could go so wrong.
Not going to make us popular with other 'Magical Girls' if we are careless.

Last edited:
[X] "I'll tailgate a manager, pretending to be an intern. Find out who they are, do some creative photoshopping and pretend that we kidnapped their family. Tell them that if they don't give us the cash, they'll never see them again."

Weird tense here, if this is Madoka talking it should be "I want" without a question mark, if it's Kyouko talking the second sentence is wrong. Misleading quotation marks aside, the vote was really meant to be instructions to Madoka, rather than something she should repeat literally.
Nah, I was trying to give off the impression that Madoka was trying to speak argot with Kyouko, i.e. Madoka trying to use Kyouko's speaking patterns, albeit in an artificial, forced sort of way.

[X] "I'll tailgate a manager, pretending to be an intern. I'll get their credentials, hide in the shadows, stuff them into a bag. I'll walk quietly out, you relay themto the hotel room. The moment anyone getssuspicious, we stop."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back