• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
[X] "I'll tailgate a manager, pretending to be an intern. I'll get their credentials, hide in the shadows, stuff them into a bag. I'll walk quietly out, you relay them to the hotel room. The moment anyone gets suspicious, we stop."

For gods sake don't go with [] "Balaclava, ninja suits. Hold up the whole bank and everyone inside. While they're distracted, I'll sneak, hauling it out. Then, we scram via the rooftops!!"
That is a truly awful idea and it doesn't play to our strengths. We are speced for Ghost not Master.

As per:
When a regular update occurs, you will have 20 minutes to vote. After that 20 minute expires, it is first-to-two votes, unless at the time I check the vote tally, three votes are for another option. If there are three votes for an option, then it will require four votes for another option. If there are four votes for an option, it will require five votes or so.

For every extra choice that has to be made, an additional 20 minutes will be added on for discussion.

Weird tense here, if this is Madoka talking it should be "I want" without a question mark, if it's Kyouko talking the second sentence is wrong. Misleading quotation marks aside, the vote was really meant to be instructions to Madoka, rather than something she should repeat literally.

I had wondered if the ribbon had something to do with all the thrill seeking. I'm kind of torn between trying to minimise our exposure and going all in. Regardless, we should remember that Junko gave it to us and someone in the Illuminati has to know it's effects on us. EDIT: But probably not Junko, seeing how she didn't guess the burglar was us.

I wonder if it's affecting Kyouko by proximity, she does seem very willing to rob a bank with a kid she met yesterday.

[X] "Balaclava, ninja suits. Hold up the whole bank and everyone inside. While they're distracted, I'll sneak, hauling it out. Then, we scram via the rooftops!!"

This plan has us both participating in a meaningful way which is kind of the point of inviting Kyouko in the first place and has the best chance of getting us a major haul.
[] "I'll tailgate a manager, pretending to be an intern. I'll get their credentials, hide in the shadows, stuff them into a bag. I'll walk quietly out, you relay them to the hotel room. The moment anyone gets suspicious, we stop."
[X] "Balaclava, ninja suits. Hold up the whole bank and everyone inside. While they're distracted, I'll sneak, hauling it out. Then, we scram via the rooftops!!"
This could go so wrong.
Not going to make us popular with other 'Magical Girls' if we are careless.

Plan ski-mask Thugs is now the one with higher priority.

Votes locked, writing up.

[X] "I'll tailgate a manager, pretending to be an intern. I'll get their credentials, hide in the shadows, stuff them into a bag. I'll walk quietly out, you relay them to the hotel room. The moment anyone gets suspicious, we stop."

For gods sake don't go with [] "Balaclava, ninja suits. Hold up the whole bank and everyone inside. While they're distracted, I'll sneak, hauling it out. Then, we scram via the rooftops!!"
That is a truly awful idea and it doesn't play to our strengths. We are speced for Ghost not Master.
[X] "I'll tailgate a manager, pretending to be an intern. I'll get their credentials, hide in the shadows, stuff them into a bag. I'll walk quietly out, you relay themto the hotel room. The moment anyone getssuspicious, we stop."
...This is why you don't put off voting.

...This is why you don't put off voting.
I wasn't ON to vote.

As per:

Plan ski-mask Thugs is now the one with higher priority.

Votes locked, writing up.
It is massively unfair to not count any votes after twenty minutes when you don't actually plan to update in twenty minutes. Most people aren't on QQ all the time, and aren't going to be able to vote in twenty minutes. By doing this, you prevent people from participating in the quest. I don't think it is right that because I stopped to eat lunch/couldn't get on a computer in time/was doing something else, it means my vote doesnt count.

I wasn't ON to vote.

It is massively unfair to not count any votes after twenty minutes when you don't actually plan to update in twenty minutes. Most people aren't on QQ all the time, and aren't going to be able to vote in twenty minutes. By doing this, you prevent people from participating in the quest. I don't think it is right that because I stopped to eat lunch/couldn't get on a computer in time/was doing something else, it means my vote doesnt count.
I was asleep, otherwise I would have changed my vote when two people voted for my original vote.

Last edited:
I wasn't ON to vote.

Guess I'm going to chance that policy.

Majority voting only, tiebreakers.

[X] "I'll tailgate a manager, pretending to be an intern. I'll get their credentials, hide in the shadows, stuff them into a bag. I'll walk quietly out, you relay themto the hotel room. The moment anyone getssuspicious, we stop."

Votes locked, commencing retcon write-up

2.9. Pink and Red
Votes locked, commencing retcon write-up

"So, what's the plan?" Kyouko asks.

"The plan is one involving stealth and tact. I think "bank robbery" was a bit of a misnomer. It's more like a bank burglary, one that happens right under their noses."

"I can't sneak around to save my life. I suppose you're going to do it?"

"Of course. Your role is too relay it here."

"How do even do that?"

"It's a trade secret."

---

The two of you stake out the bank branch.

---

After that, you develop the plan, refining it to clarify a couple of points. You take a packet of chips from Kyouko's snack nest, but she doesn't seem to mind.

---

"I think I got most of it." Kyouko tells you.

"And I think we've finished most of our work here."

"I was planning to go to the arcade. Wanna join?"

[] "Of course. We're going to need to relax ourselves."
[] "Sorry. I've got other business to attend to."

March Sunday 27th, 6:00 pm

[X] "Of course. We're going to need to relax ourselves."

[X] "Sorry. I've got other business to attend to."

I bet she wants to do DDR. DDR in armor is bad for the machine.

[X] "Of course. We're going to need to relax ourselves."

2.10. Pink and Red
Currently wearing casual clothing.

Votes locked, commencing write-up.

"Of course. We're going to need to relax ourselves. Tomorrow is when our operation begins and we can't afford to be too tense. Lead the way please."

Kyouko obliges, leading you to an arcade somewhere on the edge of Mitakihara and Kazamino.

---

The arcade, though open, is pretty much empty except for the two of you.

"DDR?"

"I'll try."

---

"You're average."

"And you're skilled. How much time do you spend here?"

"Usually a hour or so a day." Kyouko tells you.

"I see. It's no surprise then." You then get off the DDR stand.

"You're not going to play anymore?"

"It's not really my type of game."

[] Invite her to a two-player shooting game.
[] "I think that's enough for the day. We're ready for tomorrow."

March Sunday 27th, 7:00pm

Anime timeline comparison:
  • 26th March Mami vs Gertrud
  • 4th April Mami vs Charlotte

Last edited:
[X] Invite her to a two-player shooting game.

[x] Invite her to a two-player shooting game.

2.11. Pink and Red
[x] Invite her to a two-player shooting game.

"Would you like to play against each other on a shooting game?"

"Yeah. Why not?"

Kyouko jumps off the DDR platform and follows to a row of CS Neo consoles.

You pick one opposite of her.

---

The two of you start. Initially, your kill-to-death ratio is abysmally skewed in Kyouko favour, but then you realize the way she's playing, namely, she favours shorter-range, seemingly reckless attacks that involve charging at you with whatever weapon she has selected from the side or from behind. You wise up to this. Knowing that she favours a short-range oriented shooting style, you focus on gaining the local higher ground with the use of scoping weapons.

Over time, the ratio evens up.

As the match ends, you tell her it's time for you to go:
"I've got to go now, so bye!"

"See 'ya Madoka! Tomorrow, 'kay!"

Indeed, tomorrow would be the big day.

---

You make your way home. You clean yourself up, eat dinner and make your way upstairs.

What is your next course of action?

[] Talk to Stahl about the memo it recorded yesterday.

[] Write-in

March Sunday 27th, 7:30pm

For reference, the memo was:
"WITHIN MITAKIHARA-KAZAMINO AREA. PURSUIT SITUATION RECOGNIZED. CONNECTING TO ANONYMOUS OPERATIONS SATELLITE VPN. CONNECTING TO XINJIANG TIANHE LABORATORIES. ACCESSING MMMR SYSTEM. RETRIEVING MAGNETIC SIGNATURE, SUBJECT IDENTIFIED AS SAKURA KYOUKO, SPECIAL DESIGNATION, SECOND CHILD."

[X] Talk to Stahl about the memo it recorded yesterday.
-[X] What does it mean by "second child"?
-[X] Who are the other "children"?
-[X] What other records are there of Kyouko (and any of the other "children", if applicable)?

Are there any other questions we want to ask?

-[X] What other records are there of Kyouko (and any of the other "children", if applicable)?
No other votes, so this seems good enough.

2.12. Pink and Red
For reference, the memo was:

Are there any other questions we want to ask?
No other votes, so this seems good enough.

---

You make your way into your room. You pull Stahl from under the bed and pull yourself under the blanket to begin your investigation of that what Stahl said during your "pursuit" of Sakura Kyouko.

You ask of Stahl:
"Stahl, what did you mean by "Second Child"? Who are the other "Children"? Do you have any other records of Kyouko or other "Children?""

A delay occurs and a screen showing that Stahl is trying to load answers appears. Stahl responds:
"UNABLE TO LOG INTO XINJIANG TIANHE LABORATORIES OR KANAME CORPORATION DATABASE. REASON: PASSWORD NO LONGER VALID. ANSWERS TO QUESTIONS WILL BE BASED ON CACHED INFORMATION, MADAM."

"Right, Stahl."

"ANSWER TO FIRST QUESTION: "SECOND_CHILD" APPEARS TO BE A SPECIAL DESIGNATION OF CATEGORY "CHILDREN". UPON CHECKING CACHED INFORMATION, "SECOND_CHILD" WAS LINKED TO A RECORD LABELLED "MITAKIHARA_SCENARIO", FILE LOCATION ADDRESS IS KANAME CORPORATION NETWORK ACCORDING TO REDIRECT INFORMATION IN XINJIANG TIANHE NETWORK. NO CACHED INFORMATION EXISTS ON TERM "MITAKIHARA SCENARIO." ANSWER TO SECOND QUESTION: ANSWER UNKNOWN. ANSWER TO THIRD QUESTION: AS MENTIONED, CANNOT ACCESS EITHER XINJIANG TIANHE OR KANAME CORPORATION NETWORKS. FROM CACHED INFORMATION, FILE OBJECT "KYOUKO_SAKURA" HAS THE FOLLOWING TAGS FOR REFERENCE IN BOTH SYSTEMS: "ACCELERATIONISM", "PASTOR_SAKURA", "KAZAMINO_CHURCH_FIRE", "HISTORICAL_MATERIALISM", "MITAKIHARA_SCENARIO", "ECONOMIC_MANIPULATION", "ARTIFICIAL_POVERTY", "ALCOHOL_PRICE_DEFLATION", "FLAMMABLES_PRICE_DEFLATION", "MITAKIHARA_CITY". THIS IS THE EXTENT OF OUR KNOWLEDGE GIVEN THE SMALL SIZE OF THE CACHE."

"Thank you, Stahl."

"GRATITUDE ACKNOWLEDGED MADAM."

What do you do now?

[] Start an investigation, writing in your Campus Note.
-[] What do you write in your Campus Note? What do you write as your to-do for your investigation?

[] Write-in

March Sunday 27th, 8:00pm

[X] Start an investigation, writing in your Campus Note.
-[X] Based on the key words, "KAZAMINO CHURCH FIRE" should be safe enough and public enough that you can find information on the news pages. Check that out first.
-[X] Afterwards, find if there's any other information connecting Mitakihara to what was found out.

-[X] Based on the key words, "KAZAMINO CHURCH FIRE" should be safe enough and public enough that you can find information on the news pages. Check that out first.
-[X] Afterwards, find if there's any other information connecting Mitakihara to what was found out.

2.13. Pink and Red

---

You retrieve your Campus Note, an ordinary notebook that you sometimes found yourself doodling in whenever you were bored or couldn't focus. To be quite honest, you haven't touched it in the last couple of days. However, starting from today again, it's going to become an important asset for you as you use it to make sense of all these strange things happening around you.

As you pull out your Campus Note, you search the internet for "KAZAMINO CHURCH FIRE" as keywords. You kind of suspected that it wouldn't exactly be a widely covered topic and indeed, the first result is an a completely irrelevant fertility drug ad. You make your way further down and you click on a link to a imageboard site.

Aside from blatantly insensitive "discussion" that is the staple of such image sites, there is much else you can learn from your foray into this somewhat murky part of the internet. All you know is that Pastor Sakura was a heterodox clergyman who got estranged from his peers because of his differing beliefs.

Of course, a news report isn't going to cover much of the situation. Even as you click on a link related to the keywords, one which indicated that a murder-suicide fire in Kazamino killed an adult male, an adult female and a young female, you don't learn anything else.

You try a more tasteless approach, namely visiting a religious fundamentalist website and searching it.

---

Not surprisingly, the content on the site regarding Pastor Sakura is outrageous and offensive. Accusation of Satanism, Black Mass, witchcraft, drugging and unpleasant ad hominem attacks on Pastor Sakura's wife are levelled. You learn nothing except that Pastor Sakura was hated by everyone.

Kazamino Church, according to various accounts, is a dead one.

---

From what you've researched, you've established a link between the death of the family in the small Kazamino fire and the collapse of the Kazamino congregation. They occurred in the same window of time.

However, with the fire that you are hypothesizing was the suicide-murder of Pastor Sakura and his family, you can't help but be befuddled. If Pastor Sakura indeed killed his whole househeld, how was Sakura Kyouko related as Stahl said? Maybe Pastor Sakura was a close relation of Kyouko's?

You add "MITAKIHARA" as a keyword to "KAZAMINO CHURCH FIRE". You don't find much else except more unpleasant accusations about Pastor Sakura, among them that he used to buy alcohol from a store on the border of Mitakihara and Kazamino.

The internet is so vitriolic. You give Pastor Sakura a minute of your thoughts as you rest from scouring through the hate-filled accounts about him.

What is your next course of action?
[] Research something else.
-[] Research what?

[] Go to sleep.

[] Write-in

March Sunday 27th, 9:00pm

Side Story #002 - The Blue Planet of Water, Earth

Two galactic powers had raged for more than 400 years, bringing massive destruction to Milky Way. The Galactic Federation and the People's Union of Galactic Republics had fought a great galactic war over a combination of ideology, competition over resources, but most of all, pride and a thirst for revenge that fueled itself in a vicious cycle.

That war had ended. In the unnatural calm of apathy, the one who was named after the sky, the one whose family's name talked of blue clouds, tried her best to think good thoughts about her retreat.

She had exchanged her soul to end a war. A byproduct of that was that she had become a sort of nexus between peace and war, one who was attuned to the ebb and flow of time. She knew the "rights and the wrongs" of history, whatever they were. In doing so, she knew the "tendencies of things" and could preserve them. Whatever remaining artifacts of civilization she had was her was due to that alone.

It was not true precognition by any meaning of the word. However, she felt that the resident sentience species in this particular starzone could one day accomplish what others were either too timid or weak to do.

They had evolved, they had adapted to be creatures that at their core, wanted to be free. The greatest adaptation of homo sapiens sapiens was that it had the desire to not be beholden to anything to anyone, one of the few species out there with such an impulse.

That desire to intentionally clash against those that wished to yoke them, to triumph and conquer those that threatened them, that species of Terran apes was highly belligerent and vicious as a result of that discreet adaptation.

They had conquered Smilodon, driving to extinction by eating their prey. Other megafauna, who sadly evolved to find humans tasty, could not adapt against those opposable thumbs and the new defence that was the stone-age spear. They could eradicate their enemies and stand proudly over them.

But also important was their collective ability to conquer the violence of others. That instinct desiring freedom allowed coherent groups to exist, to develop rather than to to melt meaninglessly like other animals. Perhaps, they could overcome the mistake of her kind. She couldn't tell from here.

"Porter, how many more minutes until we reach Terra?"

"An estimated 30 minutes remaining."

She thought to herself:
"Maybe when the time comes, we can hand them the tools to complete that task we had so long ago forgotten."

---

A pink-haired savage looked into the sky, wandering why a new star had come down to the world.

"Ugg. Ugg. Cavedoka sees new star. Cavedoka thinks pretty. Cavedoka will go kill wolf for dinner."

The pink-savage readied her bow to and hunt for a thrill, inspired by a star.

88uXR8S.jpg

[dice]4278[/dice]

Last edited:

Two galactic powers had raged for more than 400 years, bringing massive destruction to Milky Way. The Galactic Federation and the People's Union of Galactic Republics had fought a great galactic war over a combination of ideology, competition over resources, but most of all, pride and a thirst for revenge that fueled itself in a vicious cycle.

That war had ended. In the unnatural calm of apathy, the one who was named after the sky, the one whose family's name talked of blue clouds, tried her best to think good thoughts about her retreat.

She had exchanged her soul to end a war. A byproduct of that was that she had become a sort of nexus between peace and war, one who was attuned to the ebb and flow of time. She knew the "rights and the wrongs" of history, whatever they were. In doing so, she knew the "tendencies of things" and could preserve them. Whatever remaining artifacts of civilization she had was her was due to that alone.

It was not true precognition by any meaning of the word. However, she felt that the resident sentience species in this particular starzone could one day accomplish what others were either too timid or weak to do.

They had evolved, they had adapted to be creatures that at their core, wanted to be free. The greatest adaptation of homo sapiens sapiens was that it had the desire to not be beholden to anything to anyone, one of the few species out there with such an impulse.

That desire to intentionally clash against those that wished to yoke them, to triumph and conquer those that threatened them, that species of Terran apes was highly belligerent and vicious as a result of that discreet adaptation.

They had conquered Smilodon, driving to extinction by eating their prey. Other megafauna, who sadly evolved to find humans tasty, could not adapt against those opposable thumbs and the new defence that was the stone-age spear. They could eradicate their enemies and stand proudly over them.

But also important was their collective ability to conquer the violence of others. That instinct desiring freedom allow coherent groups to exist, to develop rather than to to melt meaningless like other animals. Perhaps, they could overcome the mistake of her kind. She couldn't tell from here.

"Porter, how many more minutes until we reach Terra?"

"An estimated 30 minutes remaining."

She thought to herself:
"Maybe when the time comes, we can hand them the tools to complete that task we had so long ago forgotten."

---

A pink-haired savage looked into the sky, wandering why a new star had come down to the world.

"Ugg. Ugg. Cavedoka sees new star. Cavedoka thinks pretty. Cavedoka will go kill wolf for dinner."

The pink-savage readied her bow to and hunt for a thrill, inspired by a star.

88uXR8S.jpg

[dice]4278[/dice]

A roll of 5 means three degrees of darkness. Vote for a side story.

[] I must protect
[] My Eternal Hatred
[] Alcoholism

[X] Look into Xinjiang Tianhe Laboratories
Probably just the company that made the power armour, but worth looking into anyway.

Guessing that the first is Homura and the third is Kyouko's past, so
[X] My Eternal Hatred

[X] I must protect

[X] Check if Mother is home or not. If not, take a quick glance at her study/work room and see if she left any "presents".
-[X] And a quick check to see if the Kazamino congregation was bought out by the Kaname Corporation or not. It seems like there's a lot of local companies collapsing in recent years...

[X] I must protect

[X] Check if Mother is home or not. If not, take a quick glance at her study/work room and see if she left any "presents".
-[X] And a quick check to see if the Kazamino congregation was bought out by the Kaname Corporation or not. It seems like there's a lot of local companies collapsing in recent years...

Votes locked, commencing write-up. Side story vote still open.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back