• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Make a Contract With Me! [Lag Backup Thread]

Rihaku said:
Rather, you should brainstorm ideas for how to fight him, since you are fighting him soon, be it now or after a timeskip of observation.
I already posted a few thoughts over on SB, but I'll try to think of a bit more.
Don't know if it's going to matter, but if we get to choose where to engage him, we should probably pick an area with a couple of obstacles between his location and ours.
Not only could this maybe slow his charge towards us down, somewhat, but it might tempt him to use cover in spite of it being of limited use against us and it costing him time.
Having him start deep inside a building also has advantages, mainly because it likely means he can't just go straight through the walls and towards us, while we can continue to shoot at him.
Movement restricting territory in general would be good for whatever it's worth.
Areas that might tempt him to jump a bit more would also be nice, since he can't really maneuver when airborne.

Also not sure if we should engage from our maximum range.
On the one hard it would give us more time before he runs us down, but on the other hand it kind of makes our opening shot somewhat weaker and practically rules out opening eith a Silver Bullet, even though that is pretty much the only thing that might get past his danger senses.

Nezi_Karaketas said:
Hmm, I assumed it triggered when the one planning to harm him was directly observing him. And distance only being a deciding factor in how much information Tetsu actually gets about the threat.
Well, we have rather few data points to figure out the Danger Sense's exact mechanics, but as far as I can tell, numerous factors (immediacy of the threat, proximity of its source, threat-level and maybe a couple more) determine if and how strongly his danger senses trigger.
Ultimately though it's all more or less guess work from my part.

Last edited by a moderator:
How feasible would it be to send an Impactor into his charge path and force him to eat the damage from aborted speed charge? If it`s even remotely possible it would be a good idea to send as many impactors to disrupt his charge as we possibly could. As long as it does not endanger innocents of course.

Nezi_Karaketas said:
How feasible would it be to send an Impactor into his charge path and force him to eat the damage from aborted speed charge? If it`s even remotely possible it would be a good idea to send as many impactors to disrupt his charge as we possibly could. As long as it does not endanger innocents of course.

That was one of my ideas.

Oh yeah, one last thing that was mentioned a while back is not to start off with an immediate attack but something like an Impactor blowing away the ground over his feet or having a Seeker circle around a bit and hit him from another angle, in order to delay his Danger Sense from locking in on us a bit sooner.
Not sure how well it'd actually work, but an Impactor preventing him from getting enough footing to start his charge for a but or a Seeker that he actually has to deal with or tank instead of charging immediately might actually be a decent enough opening on its own.

Alectai said:
That was one of my ideas.
If it is possible, we should do it. Also I do not think that fighting inside a building is such a good idea. For one, it is almost guaranteed that there are going to be people inside unless we find an abandoned one, but odds of finding one are slim at best. As for the walls being obstacles for Tetsu, well it depends on what they are made of. I could see them slightly inconveniencing him only if they are made out of white bricks. Anything less, and he will go through them like a hot knife through butter.

Alectai said:
Plus, you know, I'm trying to highlight just how silly it is to assume the other guy will never, ever make a mistake, and has perfect powers that will never steer him wrong, that he'll always listen to.
Exactly. Tetsu makes mistakes. This is not our one and only chance. Good things come to those who wait.

Definitely going to have to voice my support for not allowing ourselves, or Tetsu to draw us into a flat plain.

Any obstacles can only hinder him, as our Seeker rounds can circumvent them, at least until they lose momentum.
But in close combat, our current range allows for quite a bit of homing ability.

I'd have to say someplace industrial might be a good choice if we can lead him anywhere.

If we do get caught flat-footed by him, an Impactor is always a good way to both break his charge and make him eat damage if he decides to commit.

We definitely shouldn't open with an Anti-Magic round, and I'd suggest waiting a bit before bringing it into the fight so he might draw his own conclusions about what this pathetic chuuni's capabilities are. Afterwards, if it lasts that long, anti-magic rounds should be mixed in randomly with Shield-breakers, Impactors, and normal rounds so that he doesn't just try to tank or block everything.
This will make him more defensive, because any round might be an anti-magic one and getting hit by one would be the end unless he dug it out.

If we have enough XP, I'd suggest getting a rank in Speed, so we can go longer without needing to reload, though this brings the possibility of jamming due to not taking a rank in Stability, if I'm not mistaken. Or is it only an accuracy penalty?

Pipeman said:
Oh yeah, one last thing that was mentioned a while back is not to start off with an immediate attack but something like an Impactor blowing away the ground over his feet or having a Seeker circle around a bit and hit him from another angle, in order to delay his Danger Sense from locking in on us a bit sooner.
Not sure how well it'd actually work, but an Impactor preventing him from getting enough footing to start his charge for a but or a Seeker that he actually has to deal with or tank instead of charging immediately might actually be a decent enough opening on its own.
It depends. Do we want to the girl to survive? If yes, then opening with an impactor is not an option. If no, then it might be feasible, depending on his reaction speed and his actions to avoid the danger.

Orm Embar said:
Exactly. Tetsu makes mistakes. This is not our one and only chance. Good things come to those who wait.
And sometimes, waiting means that we lose our best chance.

TheOtherSandman said:
Wouldn't an Impactor just trigger on the window?
Well, there were mentions of delayed impactors when we were fighting the witch of absorbtion. But to my knowledge Rihaku never comfirmed that it is possible

Nezi_Karaketas said:
It depends. Do we want to the girl to survive? If yes, then opening with an impactor is not an option. If no, then it might be feasible, depending on his reaction speed and his actions to avoid the danger.
Thing is we're only really contemplating attacking because of said girl which means that unless like like some of the guys on SB suggested you want to kill her so Tetsu doesn't ,which would probably have a greater impact on our personality then waiting would have, we aren't opening up with an impactor.
Deadly Snark said:
And sometimes, waiting means that we lose our best chance.
This is extremely unlikely to be our best chance by most definitions of the term, hell it's even mentioned in the option itself.
It's far from the perfect moment to strike, when his armor is on and his reflexes engaged, but you can't let this continue.

Malcolmo said:
Thing is we're only really contemplating attacking because of said girl which means that unless like like some of the guys on SB suggested you want to kill her so Tetsu doesn't ,which would probably have a greater impact on our personality then waiting would have, we aren't opening up with an impactor.This is extremely unlikely to be our best chance by most definitions of the term, hell it's even mentioned in the option itself.

It's not the "Ideal" chance (Where he's unarmed, unarmored, and relaxed), but it's the best we're likely going to get barring what amounts to being an act of god.

But again, we've gone over this a dozen times, so we'll just leave the final decision to Rihaku.

Malcolmo said:
This is extremely unlikely to be our best chance by most definitions of the term, hell it's even mentioned in the option itself.
Note the wording of that option. This isn't the perfect opportunity, but it is an opportunity nonethless.

Beyond that, in combat a Perfect opportunity doesn't exist, it's a myth, it's far bettet to take our chances now while the events are stacked to our favor then to wait and lose our advantages because we want to wait for the Perfect shot.

Nezi_Karaketas said:
Well, even so, only trying to think of tactics for intervening now, when we don't know which option won yet, isn't really that smart either.
In fact, if we come up with numerous enough things that wouldn't work now but would work later that might even constitute a solid argument in favour of not intervening now.
In any case, I don't think we should really limit ourselves to only thinking of how to save her, when the outcome of this battle is so very uncertain.

Anyway, I think I might just go to sleep now, so you guys wil have to continue without me.
If I wake up tomorrow and find out we're dead, prepare yourselves to be blamed.

Alectai said:
It's not the "Ideal" chance (Where he's unarmed, unarmored, and relaxed), but it's the best we're likely going to get barring what amounts to being an act of god.

But again, we've gone over this a dozen times, so we'll just leave the final decision to Rihaku.
Kay.

So if we're going to end up fighting him how do we intend to do so barring the obvious like do not let him get close and trying to obstruct his movement? We don't really have all that much in terms of options in this regard.
Deadly Snark said:
Note the wording of that option. This isn't the perfect opportunity, but it is an opportunity nonethless.

Beyond that, in combat a Perfect opportunity doesn't exist, it's a myth, it's far bettet to take our chances now while the events are stacked to our favor then to wait and lose our advantages because we want to wait for the Perfect shot.
I was countering the idea that this was likely to be the best chance we'd ever have. And while looking for a perfect opportunity at the expense of decent ones is a bad idea I'm fairly sure we can find opportunitys which are a lot better then this one.

Malcolmo said:
Kay.

So if we're going to end up fighting him how do we intend to do so barring the obvious like do not let him get close and trying to obstruct his movement? We don't really have all that much in terms of options in this regard.I was countering the idea that this was likely to be the best chance we'd ever have. And while looking for a perfect opportunity at the expense of decent ones is a bad idea I'm fairly sure we can find opportunitys which are a lot better then this one.

Again, the plan is basically.

Step One: Fire a Shieldbreaker at Tetsu
IF Tetsu still mobile, GOTO 2
ELSE: Keep Shooting until he dies
Step Two: Grapeshot against Tetsu while he's orienting on us, peppering him with firepower
IF Tetsu still mobile, GOTO 3
ELSE: Keep shooting until he dies.
Step Three: Impactor Jump backwards, timed to trigger just after he's committed to a charge, as judged by our superhuman prediction and awareness. He will either have to break off and take a serious pile of damage doing so, or run facefirst into a Stopping Power 4 enhanced anti-Witch round.
IF Tetsu still Alive, GOTO 4
ELSE: Destroy the Soul Gem and move on.
Step Four: Whether he gets hit by the Impactor or breaks off, Tetsu is no longer in full control of his movement, use a Silver Bullet on him to finish the job.
IF Tetsu still alive. Begin evasion and interior combat strategies.
ELSE: Confirm destruction of the soul gem

Straightforward, simple, has several levels of redundancy, and if he's still alive at the end of that, then at the very least, he should be nearly tapped out of energy from all the healing and enhancement his Soulgem would have been mainlining.

A plan that was mention on SB that has merit: We call Tetsu out in a message he can't ignore without losing respect and face him one on one. In Aokigahara. Basically using the terrain and witches to our advantage. Thoughts?

EnderofWorlds said:
A plan that was mention on SB that has merit: We call Tetsu out in a message he can't ignore without losing respect and face him one on one. In Aokigahara. Basically using the terrain and witches to our advantage. Thoughts?

It was mentioned that he probably couldn't be goaded into it, because he's impulsive, not an idiot--and he doesn't have any problem with killing his followers if they doubt him.

Lag's over! Back to SB while it lasts!

Alectai said:
It was mentioned that he probably couldn't be goaded into it, because he's impulsive, not an idiot--and he doesn't have any problem with killing his followers if they doubt him.
You have to put his honor and dignity into doubt; make it so that refusing looks bad to his men and puts his leadership over the yaks into question. Not sure how to do it, but it could work.

EnderofWorlds said:
You have to put his honor and dignity into doubt; make it so that refusing looks bad to his men and puts his leadership over the yaks into question. Not sure how to do it, but it could work.

We'd still be damning his "Girlfriend" to death, and he's more likely to take a hostage to force us into his mercy then fight fair.

Alectai said:
Lag's over! Back to SB while it lasts!
Well, you say that, but I don't really think that there is anything to discuss that hasn't been brought up already.

Perhaps not, but we could do a count of our XP and perhaps with the last few reactions and analyses we have scraped together enough to grab a Stat level.

Lag's back again it seems, hopefully it should clear up soon though, since we're out of peak time.

Fuck it, I'll post my response here.

Tetsu does something dickish -> Hitori attempts to shoot Tetsu in the face based on a spur of the moment decision -> Tetsu proceeds to literally curbstomp Hitori
Hah. No.

In the first case, Tetsu was the one in control, he knew of the way to provoke Hitori and he was a close combat monster who was fighting a low powered long ranged fighter in close combat.

In this case, Hitori is the one in control, he can plan ways to end Tetsu, who doesn't even know that he's here. Plus, we're now a long range monster who has plenty of options to snipe down a melee fighter from long ranger.

I should repost a question here too:

Would we be able to heal our Kyubey quickly enough for it to offer the woman a contract, either during our engagement with Tatsu or surviving his wrath through teleport spam?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back