• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Nanoquest: It's the littlest things that matter most. (HxH)

[X] Carrnage
-[X] With Guile's dream invasion stuff.

She probably won't remember anything from her dreams, but it's best to get a feel for her personality now, and if she does recall it on waking we were hopefully nice about it.

Or at least not scary.

People need to pay attention to more than the current page.

Larekko12 said:
Why don't you want to void some of the excess. Or boost her if we dump it all up front. going from c to H hurts.
We're nanobots. We can just block the pain signals from the relevant nerves while we repair whatever damage we did.

nick012000 said:
We're nanobots. We can just block the pain signals from the relevant nerves while we repair whatever damage we did.
We do not have infinite resource and super powers. It's more efficient and easier to set up the ground work for the expansion and future in advance than taking such a cavalier attitude.

Carrnage said:
[X] Continue production. Achieve ratio of 1/3/3/5 of Probes/Warriors/Collectors/Workers.
-[X] Recycle as many of the dead cells for this as possible, so as to reduce clogging.
[X] Have collectors and workers take care of the dead cells clogging the vessels and preventing the body's operation.
[X] Have warriors assist in immune system duties until further notice.
[X] Do not engage in direct contact yet.
[X] Once host no longer in immediate danger from clogging, move new fat stores towards the previous harvesting sites for ease of access. Condense fat stores as required.
Acknowledged. Deploying units.

Update: 99% of the dead cells have been processed into new units. Warriors have entered the lymphatic system and spread out through the whole body to guard it against harmful elements. 89% of fats moved to upper ventral section of the torso, 10% expanded buring the immune system's rampage reamining 1% used for replication.

Alert: Now that our Host was fully mapped and that nanite's density is sufficient to monitor the entire body in real time, Probes have no purpose to fulfill. Suggest putting them in sleep mode. Y/n?

Active Units Count.

Probes: 15 070 000 000
Warriors: 45 210 000 000
Collectors : 45 210 000 000
Workers: 75 350 000 000

External sensory Input: Ponzu is jerked awake by a loud banging on her door. "Girl, what are you doing! The bus is already here!"

Her hands shoot to her ears immediately. "Quit Shouting!" She winces. Hypothesis: The unexpected increase in sensitivity is making our host uncomfortable. Opening her eyes generates the same reaction, providing further evidences.

Ponzu stumbles to her feet and nearly loses her balance. Hypothesis: The placement of Ponzu's increased bodymass slightly shifted her center of gravity. Moreover last night's event caused a high level of stress to Ponzu's organism regardless of our efforts to limits real damages. Even with our improvements and our Collective bolstering her immune system, our host is approximately 30% below her standard operating level.

Ponzu gasps as she spot her increased volume. "The hell? How did I grow a cupsize overnight?" She palpates her increased breasts. "So damn heavy, too!"

Alert: Ponzu's climbing heartrate and shallow respiration and several other chemical realeases suggest anxiety, possibly fear and panic.

Ponzu puts on a large sweater and some pants and walks out of the dormitory, half heartedly returning the greetings sent her way. Her destination seems to be the medical facility she was in yesterday.

Warning!: With our current numbers, any blood exam or bodyscan threaten to reveal our presence.

Orders?

If our objectives are to avoid discovery

[X] Be on lookout for Ponzo seeing what we believe to be a friend, a mate, et cetera. Release calming endorphins gradually so that she attributes the calm to seeing her friends, then keep her calm afterwards. Purge anxiety and stresses to help.
-[X] Alternatively, should something dangerous or anxiety raising happen, pump her full of adrenaline and try to distract her with it.
[X] Last resort, make her faint. Safely.
-[X] Either initiate contact via unconsciousness, or go overtime into reducing the bustline to make her think she imagined it.

Thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator:
I really wish we'd made contact last night, in her dreams.

I don't think we can during her waking hours.

Hot damn that is a lot of Fat O.O

[X]Withdraw all nanites from Usual Blood Testing Areas.
Ex. Arms to Shoulder Sockets till she leaves the Medical Facility

[X]Can we Pre-emptively start her period? If so do. Increased Bust Sive and Sentivity can be atributed to the M. Cycle Pumping her arms with Estrogen will help lead to this Conclusion during a Blood Test.

[X]Reduce Probes to a Tenth and Deactivate.

[X]don't allow artifical Estrogen to leave Arms break the chemical down as it leaves in the Veins and create more as it enters the arms in her arteries. *I may have confused the Veins and Artieries can some1 check?*

Huh, pre-empting her period could work, especially if it's about the right time. Some suspension of disbelief. It could help.

Although this kind of rapid growth would probably normally leave stretch marks or something.

Guile said:
I really wish we'd made contact last night, in her dreams.

I don't think we can during her waking hours.
Sure you can. You've been plugged to her neural system long enough to get the lay of the land. You can speak directly in her mind.

Now, how she's going to take someone else being in her head? Well... you better pick a good voice?

Hymn of Ragnarok said:
Huh, pre-empting her period could work, especially if it's about the right time. Some suspension of disbelief. It could help.

Although this kind of rapid growth would probably normally leave stretch marks or something.
Yeah, it does.

Liam-don said:
Sure you can. You've been plugged to her neural system long enough to get the lay of the land. You can speak directly in her mind.

Now, how she's going to take someone else being in her head? Well... you better pick a good voice?

Or good timing. Like shouting into her ear to keep her from getting hit by a car. Build up good will.

....Could we force an accident? Like, "Oh hey, what a coincidence you didn't hear them coming, guess you were lost in your thoughts."

Hymn of Ragnarok said:

Blame it on Youth? Young Kids these Days~!

Oh look. She's going all helter skelter cause we didn't actually tell her any thing or try to preemptively prep for changes. What a surprise, not.

Ok looking for a favored voice would be a bad idea she'll ask how.

[X]Induce the need to use the restroom
[X]Prepare preemptive increase of instinctive host endorphin release and relaxation concurrent with evacuation and urination.
[X]Prepare for contact Voice Style. Female, calm subservient. Introduce unit. "Good morning mistress Ponzu. This one apologizes for your distress. I am the Symbiotic Nanatech Health Enhancer. SyNtH. My purpose is to enhance your life chances and serve you to the best of my ability."

Could we produce chemicals to calm her down and make her more relaxed?

Liam-don said:
Okay, so...

[X] Greetings to Host from the Swarm. Something something, do not be alarmed, we wish to help the Host. Something something, we have come into being within the Host one outer cycle ago. Something something, we shall strengthen and alter the body as directed; protect the Host. Nerve, muscle, organ, immune system, all may be empowered. What is the Host's wish?

She carries bees with her in her hat, so she has to be moderately comfortable with insects. Its not impossible at all that her Nen takes that form.

Well i have an idea, temporarily induce some forgetfulness, add in a dash of relaxation, then add some hunger to distract her while she forgets all about going to the silly nurse.

[X] Plan Bloodshifter.

AKA: Plan: Just blame it on puberty. :p

How does that prevent her from going to the nurse?

[X] Talk to Ponzu.
-[X] Use a childish voice, sounding a few years younger than her, with a tendency toward nervousness if we can manage emotional inflection.
-[X] Act apologetic, and appeasing. Our story is that we're a newly awakened part of her that acted because she was becoming sick. Offer to do whatever she wants, and make it clear we want her to like us.
-[X] When the topic of a medical exam comes up, let her know that a part of us is keeping very careful track of her health, but that we'll understand if she doesn't trust us. Try to sound as pathetic and sad as we can.

If she passes out she'll end up in the hospital anyway. So that's right out.

Messing with her emotions may or may not stop her, but if it doesn't and she realizes something is messing with her, well, that's not a good situation to be in for us. Her having any sort of break down would, again, end in a medical exam.

We could try to take over directly, but I'm not sure what our odds are. We can always brain-jack later on if we want to, and I'd rather we do that when there aren't witnesses to any outward signs of the process.

Talking to her has it's own risks, but acting like a slightly scared but helpful and obedient child is the least likely to result in a negative response. Even if she still goes and gets a blood test, she won't be as freaked out when she learns that, yes, we are inside her.

Carrnage said:
How does that prevent her from going to the nurse?
It doesn't? The focus is to stop her from flipping out and revealing the Nanites. Not getting her to avoid the nurse.

Also +1 we made Her go without Support Bras only bring her Down!

Also why is everyone so insisting in revealing ourselves? If we do find out our Prime Directive is like kill everyone its going to end in tears.
you know?

We simply can't stay hidden forever. At least not without becoming nothing more than a passive observer.

The longer we take before revealing ourselves, the less overt the changes we can make are, and the more we'll have built up distrust from acting in secret. Half measures, like manipulating her biology to distract her, will come back to bite us later when she finds out about us, and realizes what we were doing.

The way I see it, it's brain-jack or talk at this point, and we can always brain-jack if negotiations break down.

I have no idea about HxH but I am pretty sure suddenly becoming stronger isn't all that far fetch in a Shounen Series when ever she trains we buff her. When she sleeps we alter her. When she can avoid the Limelight we Rebuild her. I am all for pretending we are a past life or something heck give our Mental Avatar huge breasts and voila a believable reason. The farther we hide in the shadows the More awesome this quest gets. We play as a AI overseer completion of Prime Directive is first failing that ensure the Hosts Survival and keep improving.

What would you belive more?

Your Carrying a Colony of Nanites that seem bent on increasing your Bust Size?

Or your Body attempting to reach a medium between you and a recently awakened Past life?

Hunter x Hunter has magic (they call it nen and give it a long explanation, any one glancing at it calls it magic) but it's hidden.

Given the level of tech and development (mostly modern with some almost post-apocalyptic war torn areas), and the hidden nature of the more mystical side, nanites are actually a pretty believable explanation, comparatively.

That's not the important point though, it's that we're detectable. Maybe we can hide inside the body, maybe we can't, but if Ponzu doesn't have an explanation, she'll keep looking for one. We could continuously throw crazy obstacles into her path, and get lucky in that giving her bladder problems, or a bad period, would somehow make her not seek medical attention, but getting sicker while on your way to the hospital doesn't typically cause people to turn around and forget about it.

Hymn's plan of calming her is better, but I'm somewhat doubtful that it will stop her either. Overnight physical changes aren't something that most people would shrug off just because they've got good friends.

If we could somehow completely avoid a medical exam, then maybe we could pass ourselves off as a mystical sort of thing, but Ponzu is weeks (?) from even encountering her first nen-user, and they pass it off as extreme skill and slight of hand.

Staying hidden, or pretending we're magic, pretty much means we can't ever go for the really big modifications. Can't see how replacing a body part would ever be concealable in anything resembling a medical exam.

Nen is a thing people know about. All Hunters seem to have it. She can verify it.

Nobody, as far as we know, has past lives in H x H.

Obviously, if she goes and gets a medical exam and the nanites are found, then we can't do this and are going to have to play hardball.
Bloodshifter said:
Also why is everyone so insisting in revealing ourselves? If we do find out our Prime Directive is like kill everyone its going to end in tears.
you know?
If we find out our prime directive is 'kill everyone', it doesn't matter if we revealed ourselves to Ponzu or not, we'd, y'know, kill everyone.

Bloodshifter said:
It doesn't? The focus is to stop her from flipping out and revealing the Nanites. Not getting her to avoid the nurse.

Also +1 we made Her go without Support Bras only bring her Down!

you know?
Because of the fact the we don't want to assume total control. WE can be found out in a medical test. And well it's kinda hard to make a comprehensive cloak.

I wanted to talk to Ponzu last night. when she was sleep and calm and we had the goddamn initaitve when it came to a mother fucking impression but nooooooooo people are all like we don't need to actually prepare the body for these rapid changes. no we can't just reroute it to her shit. and aaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrgh.

Which is why my plan calls for withdrawing all nanites from the arms from Fingertips to shoulder socket we don't NEED to be in places where they will be sticking needles in us. Nanites do have Propulsion you know its not like they just sit in her blood.

I like this 'Nen' but I require more info how rare is it? Can it be detected does she or has she been tested for it? As for past lifes depending on the Dominate religion and the discovery of actual Magic Users a Past Life isn't that far fetched.

Also why in the 7 Hells would we outright remove a Organ? Optimizing it yes but we won't be removing anything and unless their Med Tech is Invasive or Highly Advanced the chances of being detected is zilch unless this series regularly has this girl cut into a poor man's antonmy Dummy.

Edit: I read that one above mine. Why would we replace a Limb? Improve the stuff under the hood yea but the arm itself is still human or as human as these Superhumans get.

Oh right, about Nen. It does happen that people who never ever heard the word spontaneously develop an ability. And not something like becoming mildly superhuman or a boost in craftmanship, but really out there abilities like predicting the future or wish granting.

HxH is a world of adventure that mixes a roughly modern setting and a jrpg unexplored territories/bestiary. As a Hunter hopeful, you're hardly the weirdest thing Ponzu should be ready to deal with.

Nen on HXH wiki

Nen on other HxH wiki

Okay, so my plan to be a Nen ability is at least feasible, even if we don't end up going for it. Good to know.
Bloodshifter said:
Which is why my plan calls for withdrawing all nanites from the arms from Fingertips to shoulder socket we don't NEED to be in places where they will be sticking needles in us. Nanites do have Propulsion you know its not like they just sit in her blood.
Given modern medical equipment, it wouldn't surprise me if they have image scanners or something. It's not just a matter of moving away from one body part.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back