• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Nanoquest: It's the littlest things that matter most. (HxH)

Guile said:
Okay, so my plan to be a Nen ability is at least feasible, even if we don't end up going for it. Good to know.Given modern medical equipment, it wouldn't surprise me if they have image scanners or something. It's not just a matter of moving away from one body part.
*crash course on Nen*
Nope Nen can be detected another Half way competent user would figure out P. Does not have Nen not only that Nen users are looked up to in this world. Rather Not paint a giant target on our back yet...

... oh of course how silly of me now a days using MRI's and Similar scanners we can track things the size or a Virus or other Single celled Organisms!
It had to be said Med tech seems akin to our time with Advances on Healing and Curing Posions detecting tiny invaders the size of Plankton seems to have lagged behind for what ever reason!

To elaborate on what Bloodshifter is saying, Nen is a hybrid Chi/Magic/Psychic power and the first thing you learn to do with it is surround your body with an aura of Nen. Because anyone who can't do that can be casually killed by any Nen user pretty much instantly. Said auras are detectable to Nen users (and yes, there is an aura suppression stealth technique but it involves not using your powers).

To enter the Hunter Exam you are not required to have or even know of Nen (and most applicants, even the ones that pass don't) but you aren't really considered a full Hunter after passing until you do learn it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reading it while watching the Animation. We really got our work cut out for us man.

Bloodshifter said:
Reading it while watching the Animation. We really got our work cut out for us man.
Considering we apparently have a classification system for metahumans, it may very well be possible that, with higher processing power, we could unlock bullshit totally-not-magic abilities for our host as well.
Like making her psychic or something.

Nen is crazy it can literally manifest as almost anything. And some of these people oh gods Class A Meta Humans do not come close.

Bloodshifter said:
*crash course on Nen*
Nope Nen can be detected another Half way competent user would figure out P. Does not have Nen not only that Nen users are looked up to in this world. Rather Not paint a giant target on our back yet...

... oh of course how silly of me now a days using MRI's and Similar scanners we can track things the size or a Virus or other Single celled Organisms!
It had to be said Med tech seems akin to our time with Advances on Healing and Curing Posions detecting tiny invaders the size of Plankton seems to have lagged behind for what ever reason!
*shrug* Liam said their medical tech could detect us. Presumably having hundreds of billions of plankton-sized 'bots culminates in being detectable.
SolipsistSerpent said:
To elaborate on what Bloodshifter is saying, Nen is a hybrid Chi/Magic/Psychic power and the first thing you learn to do with it is surround your body with an aura of Nen. Because anyone who can't do that can be casually killed by any Nen user pretty much instantly. Said auras are detectable to Nen users (and yes, there is an aura suppression stealth technique but it involves not using your powers).
Except for the weird cases like that tell-the-future mob boss's daughter, where her Nen ability just appears, and she has no skill in any of the offensive or defensive Nen powers.

Obviously, I still want to try it. ^-^

Right but that girl's effectively a mutant/untaught so as you said she doesn't know any of the normal powers. So no aura to indicate her nen when she's not using it (leaving her vulnerable).

However, when she's using her nen power it's detectable and when Ponzu is benefiting from Nanobots nothing will be.

Guile said:
Obviously, I still want to try it. ^-^
Re read the Update a BLOOD TEST can detect us. Not a scan or some mumbo jumbo.

Edit: I am wrong again. A Scan Can detect us.

It is Unlnown whether they will scan her but I am sure its the reason why they flooded her with drugs last time. They didn't see anything thus the proven method of pour everything and hope for the best was used...

Liam what are the bots made from Base Materials in Percentages please. I need a new plan.

Pipeman said:
Considering we apparently have a classification system for metahumans, it may very well be possible that, with higher processing power, we could unlock bullshit totally-not-magic abilities for our host as well.
Like making her psychic or something.
Metahumans are weird and their body's reaction to enhancements can be unpredictable. It's also possible that further analysis of her capabilities or her bodies's reactions during time of stress may give you ideas for specific enhancements.

Bloodshifter said:
Re read the Update a BLOOD TEST can detect us. Not a scan or some mumbo jumbo.

Edit: I am wrong again. A Scan Can detect us.
It's a matter of density. You were undetectable when there were few of you, but now you're getting close to full body staturation, ie the point where more of you would do more harm than good. Ponzu's litterally crawling with nanites and they function in large clusters for better efficiency. Those are very likely to show up on a scan. Detection would depend on a dice roll, but it's quite possible.

As for Guile's plan of passing yourself a something Ponzu spontaneously developped, well, it's not impossible. Knowledge of Nen isn't very well spread so the word itself may not come up, but people with extraordinary abilities are plenty in the history of the world. In HxH, superpowers may not be well documented, but they're a fact of life. The world is too filled with extraordinary things not to believe.

Liam-don said:
As for Guile's plan of passing yourself a something Ponzu spontaneously developped, well, it's not impossible. Knowledge of Nen isn't very well spread so the word itself may not come up, but people with extraordinary abilities are plenty in the history of the world. In HxH, superpowers may not be well documented, but they're a fact of life. The world is too filled with extraordinary things not to.

It would be a stroke of tremendous irony if we pretended we were the next step in the evolution of the immune system. Isn't Ponzu awesome for developing us? Pat yourself on the back girl.

Hmm, so far it's 3 to 2 for contact, but that's so few votes I'm uncomfortable going for the update. I'll wait a few more hours.

I'm all up for the nanites contacting her to be honest.

Why contact when you could assimilate?

She would make for a nice mobile plantform to create more of you in other hosts... BORG time! :3

Biigoh said:
Why contact when you could assimilate?

She would make for a nice mobile plantform to create more of you in other hosts... BORG time! :3
Easier to do if we contact her, though.

'Hey Ponzu, see that terrifying clown guy? Cut yourself and bleed on him! We'll handle the rest!'

Along with that, we still don't know what our prime directive is. For all we know, subverting her will could be the exact opposite of the prime directive. And a colony of nanites that have failed to do the thing they were made to do seems like the least of the worst outcomes in that situation.

All in favor of never trying to find out the Prime Directive and just doing whatever we want?

Guile said:
Easier to do if we contact her, though.

'Hey Ponzu, see that terrifying clown guy? Cut yourself and bleed on him! We'll handle the rest!'

For now. Assume direct control of the body and it is in fact easier.

Guile said:
All in favor of never trying to find out the Prime Directive and just doing whatever we want?

Are you asking a herd of cats not to be curious?

So Liam we can kill all the Probes and Lower the Chances?

[X]Withdraw all nanites from Usual Blood Testing Areas.
Ex. Fingertips to Shoulder Sockets till she leaves the Medical Facility

[X]Can we Pre-emptively start her period? If so do. Increased Bust Sive and Sentivity can be atributed to the M. Cycle Pumping her arms with Estrogen will help lead to this Conclusion during a Blood Test.

[X]Destroy all Probes except for 10000 and Reduce the Workers by 1/4th *Reduces chances of Detection.*

[X]don't allow artificial Estrogen to leave Arms break the chemical down as it leaves in the Veins and create more as it enters the arms in her arteries. *I may have confused the Veins and Artieries can some1 check?*

[X] If detected do nothing make note of Methods used and store for later use.
-[X] Contact Host at a Later date.

I for one want to stay in the Shadow's edge to up the Difficulty a bit. Otherwise we'd Stomp them except the guy who turns you into Flower Petals or most actual Nen Users.

[X] Contact her and use a soft and calming voice to introduce yourself to her while she's in the toilet.
- - [X] Funny how she just HAD to go to the toilet... nothing to do with the nanites, really.

We can just have the probes go inactive until its time to aim for another body.
Hymn of Ragnarok said:
For now. Assume direct control of the body and it is in fact easier.
Well yes, probably. I'm hoping there'll be a good in-quest reason to keep Ponzu around (maybe Nen requires a human spirit, not just a human body?), or she won't be long for this world with the usual quest crowd.

[X] Screw this shit, ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL. You'll figure out the rest after you decrypt your [orders]

Guile said:
We can just have the probes go inactive until its time to aim for another body.Well yes, probably. I'm hoping there'll be a good in-quest reason to keep Ponzu around (maybe Nen requires a human spirit, not just a human body?), or she won't be long for this world with the usual quest crowd.

Oh please. With the usual quest crowd she probably has a better than even chance of winning because of all the soft hearts.

Hymn of Ragnarok said:
Oh please. With the usual quest crowd she probably has a better than even chance of winning because of all the soft hearts.
Its not like we can waifu her, we live in her colon.

Hymn- Recall, this is not SB. The White Knights haven't migrated yet, AFAIK

Guile- You'd be surprised. -_-

Guile said:
Its not like we can waifu her, we live in her colon.

But people can get cold feet. Especially if there's something like, "Waaah, she's locked in her head, waaaah, she's crying now, waaaaaah, what if we get caught?"

Vindictus: Not sure about that, at least not as great numbers, but still plenty of power gaming and risk aversion.

Hymn of Ragnarok said:
But people can get cold feet. Especially if there's something like, "Waaah, she's locked in her head, waaaah, she's crying now, waaaaaah, what if we get caught?"

Vindictus: Not sure about that, at least not as great numbers, but still plenty of power gaming and risk aversion.
Not everybody is comfortable with destroying a young girl's mind and turning her body into a nanite breeding factory with which to spread and enslave the populace, its true.

But being risk averse only makes sense in a world with Nen-powers that range from 'foretell the future' to 'conceptually bind anything' to 'devour anything that is not living without fail' to 'control anything' to ... well, just about anything.

Edit: Anyway, in the interests of fostering discussion... what kind of things can nanites do? If we go Tier 1 and start replacing her body-parts, what could Cyber-Ponzu accomplish?

I guess I shouldn't have picked such a bit character since you guys have absolutely no emotional investment in her. Would you guys have done the same with Shinji or Keitaro?

Some other candidates I had in mind were Hinako Ninomiya, Fllay Allster, Nanally Lamperouge or Takayuki Furuichi.

I prefer bit characters myself. More room to grow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back