• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Nanoquest: It's the littlest things that matter most. (HxH)

I don't want to mind rape Ponzu chan into oblivion. Both for moral reason and for reasons of all the types of magic that can fuck us over and her having friends.

Last edited by a moderator:
Guile said:
Edit: Anyway, in the interests of fostering discussion... what kind of things can nanites do? If we go Tier 1 and start replacing her body-parts, what could Cyber-Ponzu accomplish?
Anything you can conceivably imagine, explain a minimum and sell to me. You wanna build Genos, Motoko Kusanagi or Adam Jensen? Go Bleeding edge or Nanosuit? Sure, go ahead, so long as you make it a step by step process.
Guile said:
I prefer bit characters myself. More room to grow.
'Twas the idea, yes.

I have no investment in ANY HxH characters... So I'd be for Assuming Direct Control regardless.

Liam-don said:
Anything you can conceivably imagine, explain a minimum and sell to me. You wanna build Genos, Motoko Kusanagi or Adam Jensen? Go Bleeding edge or Nanosuit? Sure, go ahead, so long as you make it a step by step process.'Twas the idea, yes.
Could we, I dunno... KOS-MOS? Transform body parts into energy, projectile and melee weapons and back again?

[X] Contact her and use a soft and calming voice to introduce yourself to her while she's in the toilet.
- - [X] Funny how she just HAD to go to the toilet... nothing to do with the nanites, really.

Guile said:
Could we, I dunno... KOS-MOS? Transform body parts into energy, projectile and melee weapons and back again?
Sure, so long as you find a way to meet the energy requirements.

Guile said:
Not everybody is comfortable with destroying a young girl's mind and turning her body into a nanite breeding factory with which to spread and enslave the populace, its true.

I WAS going to get on my soapbox and indulge in a diatribe on the hypocrisy of not wanting a fictional to commit 'evil' but often relying on, nay, expecting the antagonists to commit much worse evil to provide an acceptable target. Implicitly sanctioning the actions of the antagonists to provide conflict and story, but shying away from the PCs.

But hot showers are nice and I'm currently too mellow to get properly vicious about it.

For that whole Kos-Mos and energy requirement bit we could theoretically remove/process her entire intestinal tract and replace its functions with nanomachines. Then we could build some reactors in the freed up space for energy production. Or at least shorten the intestines, with us optimizing everything she won't need the entire 20+ feet of intestines for nutrient absorption.

Hymn of Ragnarok said:
I WAS going to get on my soapbox and indulge in a diatribe on the hypocrisy of not wanting a fictional to commit 'evil' but often relying on, nay, expecting the antagonists to commit much worse evil to provide an acceptable target. Implicitly sanctioning the actions of the antagonists to provide conflict and story, but shying away from the PCs.

But hot showers are nice and I'm currently too mellow to get properly vicious about it.
I guess I don't really follow?

How does one 'sanction' what the antagonists are going to do? They're the antagonists. They're explicitly not under our control. In the framework of the story, we control Ponzu. Hell, we don't even do that; we control Ponzu's guts. unless you mean its our moral imperative to Borg and take over all humans in order to impose peace and efficiency, thereby stopping the antagonists.

Guile said:
Not everybody is comfortable with destroying a young girl's mind and turning her body into a nanite breeding factory with which to spread and enslave the populace, its true.
I am; I'm also all for using the souls of forsaken children to fuel research the ability to manipulate souls, to use a child's daddy issues to further solidify it's loyalty to me, and have a sister perform a dissection for research on her sibling.

But hey, that's just me...

Guile said:
I guess I don't really follow?

How does one 'sanction' what the antagonists are going to do? They're the antagonists. They're explicitly not under our control.

And we want them to exist to give us a story. Also, I am not going to be the first to invoke Godwin's Law to prove my-

...Damn it!

Short version of my perspective: no fictional character exists. You imagine a fictional world, especially when you're the one writing a story, there is nothing in the world but what you put into it. Want antagonists and evil to be committed? You put that in there. Even as a player, if you want a villain to fight, first a villain must exist. You want the antagonist to exist. And often the antagonist ends up reprehensible enough that homicide is justified and considered righteous.

In the framework of the story, we control Ponzu. Hell, we don't even do that; we control Ponzu's guts. unless you mean its our moral imperative to Borg and take over all humans in order to impose peace and efficiency, thereby stopping the antagonists.

Didn't say it applies to all. Not all conflict has external threats, it can be man vs self. But by and large, a lot of stories do have, nay expect, a sufficiently despicable antagonist to defeat. You want them to exist do things for the protagonist to reject and overcome.

A bit like the, "Does God put evil into the world" debate. Except in the case of authors and characters, the answer is usually a straightforward yes.

That's it we msut become a poor mans witchblade.

Or Crysis Nanosuit.
Or a Spartan MC Mark II

[X]Withdraw all nanites from Usual Blood Testing Areas.
Ex. Fingertips to Shoulder Sockets till she leaves the Medical Facility

[X]Can we Pre-emptively start her period? If so do. Increased Bust Sive and Sentivity can be atributed to the M. Cycle Pumping her arms with Estrogen will help lead to this Conclusion during a Blood Test.

[X]Destroy all Probes except for 10000 and Reduce the Workers by 1/4th *Reduces chances of Detection.*

[X]don't allow artificial Estrogen to leave Arms break the chemical down as it leaves in the Veins and create more as it enters the arms in her arteries. *I may have confused the Veins and Artieries can some1 check?*

[X] Contact her and use a soft and calming voice to introduce yourself to her while she's in the toilet.
- - [X] Funny how she just HAD to go to the toilet... nothing to do with the nanites, really.

*sigh* Be or not be badguy nanites.

[X] Contact her

Just going to vote on one thing.
[X]Don't destroy the probes!

Don't be mean. we need them to help process stuff.

[X]set probes to begin recovery of primary directive.

... Hey, the vote is to go to the bathroom right?

[X] Wagonband, plus~
-->[X] When [host] relieves self, send 25 workers and all but 1000 Probes out via primary waste channel.

Even if we die, the Silver Menace shall cover the world!

Vindictus said:
... Hey, the vote is to go to the bathroom right?

[X] Wagonband, plus~
-->[X] When [host] relieves self, send 25 workers and all but 1000 Probes out via primary waste channel.

Even if we die, the Silver Menace shall cover the world!
We shall strike from the sewers! The waste water treatment plants! Recycled water shall be ours!

Guile said:
We shall strike from the sewers! The waste water treatment plants! Recycled water shall be ours!
The sad thing is that might work?

Rather not do that though...

Can we get someone to do a Contact / Not Contact(No Vote) tally? Then we can make a plan from there.

Bah, not having a body of our own is obviously too limiting. What if our prime objective is something that requires the ability to interact with the world outside Ponzu's body? In fact, it's our duty, as long as we don't know what said directive is, to amass as much power as possible to ensure we can do whatever it is when we figure it out.

[X] ASSUMe DIRECT CONTROL.

Bloodshifter said:
Can we get someone to do a Contact / Not Contact(No Vote) tally? Then we can make a plan from there.

[X] Contact

Redon, Larekko12, Jiven, Biigoh, Earth-Destroyer, R.A.G., useless101, Guile, Fellgar

[X] Don't contact.
Hymn of Ragnarok, Bloodshifter, Vindictus, SolipsistSerpent

Locking for contact. Feel free to discuss exactly how you're gonna go about it, including what you're going to say.

Well, I was all in favor of sounding young, nervous, and innocent, as well as giving incomplete or misleading, but reasonable sounding, information as to our nature.

I don't think anyone else wanted to sound young though, or at least no one expressed a similar opinion on the subject. There did seem to be many in favor of not revealing exactly what we are yet, and implying, or at least not denying, that we're a part of Ponzu.

I still think that way, but I'm more than willing to get into a big argument, lose, and then change my mind, if anyone has a better idea.

LE SIGH

Okay!

Voice:
[]Male
[]Female
[]No Gender

Voice 'age':
[]Child
[]Teen
[]Adult
[]Wizen Old Person

And Finally Plan for Contact
[]Write-In

Get to voting Peeps use listed Format repost your old Plans if you think its still usable.

I want to work the bee-like angle.

Young is fine, but maybe like a chorus of voices. Can we take over her optic nerve and display an image, too?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back