• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Nanoquest: It's the littlest things that matter most. (HxH)

[blockquote]Rolled 1d100 : 42, total 42[/blockquote]

[X]Sean Connery
[X]"Good mornin' lass and welcome to a broad new world of adventure! I apologize for the rough start. We are the Symbiotic Environmental Adaptation Naturalizer. SEAN. My duty is to serve you and aid in your adaptation to radical environment and put for proactive improvement of your body for increased life chances. As a sentient nanocloud our ability to do so is both wide and varied and completely at your disposal."

Acknowledged. Loading 'distinguished_old_scots' personality bundle.

"No need to be in such a hurry, lass."

Ponzu screeches to a halt and look around franctically. "Who's there?!"

"Don't bother looking. I'm nowhere around."

Ponzu takes a sharp breath.

"Don't get your panties in a twist, lass. You're not in any danger. " A beat. "Not that you're wearing any, you saucy little thing?"

Alert: Blood rushing to the head, tightened jaw and shaking fists are sign indicative of rising indignation/anger.

Our host runs into a toolshed and slams the door shut. "Who are you?"

"What."

"...What?"

"What would be the appropriate prounoun. Forgive me for the late introduction: I am the Symbiotic Environmental Adaptation Naturalizer. SEAN, for short. My role is to support you in your everyday life, to adapt your organism to radical environment as needed and put forth proactive improvement of your body for increased survival. As our ability to do so is both wide and varied and completely at your disposal."

"You're what, smart parasites?"

"Don't be insulting, darling. We are a sentient cloud of nanomolecular engineering devices."

Ponzu palms her chest. "You're responslible for this."

"Indeed."

"Why."

"Future augmentations will require signficant material and energy to be accomplished. Enhancing your secondary sex characteristics at the same time was judged a capital improvement."

"..."

"No need to thank us."

"... You said you can 'improve' me?"

"Indeed."

"What can you do ? No, before that. What else did you already do?"

[]... What say?

Last edited by a moderator:
[X] We have increased the efficiency of your immune systsem and senses.

I like this personality bundle already.

[X] Improvements to your immune system! Enhanced your senses! Started learning how to increase your poison resistance! Made plans to turn you into a super hero!
-[X] And not much else actually. Projections indicated a high chance that you would react negatively to unauthorized changes, and, quite frankly, you strike us as someone who could be really scary when mad.

-->[X] As for what we can do... Well, what do you want us to do?

[X] We have increased the efficiency of your immune system and senses.
-[X] As for what we can do... well, for starters, we can replace your red blood cells with tiny machines that are 237 times more efficient at carrying oxygen. Doing so will alter the color of your blood, though, which is why we refrained.

[X] We have increased the efficiency of your immune system and senses.
-->[X]As to what we CAN do Imagine something and we enough raw materials we can do it.

Liam-Dono Sempai I am now forever in your debt my sides hate you but I love what you have done. Got to hand it to Ponzu she is one tough cookie.

[X] You also require far less input to maintain current energy levels.
[X] We are capable of Enhancement of the body's resources, Transmutation/Transformation of the body into other forms, and Conjuration and replacement of body parts, at your command. Ultimately, given enough energy to work with, working together with SEAN, your body is capable of anything you may imagine. ... Lass.

[X] What is there we can't do lass? If ye body has the potential for it we can do it, and more besides. already we've increased the efficiency of your immune system and senses...And not much else actually. Projections had indicated you'd be right piqued if we did anything really noticeable, and, quite frankly, you're in the position to be most dangerous to us.

[X] What is there we can't do lass? If ye body has the potential for it we can do it, and more besides. already we've increased the efficiency of your immune system and senses...And not much else actually. Projections had indicated you'd be right piqued if we did anything really noticeable, and, quite frankly, you're in the position to be most dangerous to us.

"Oh, not much yet. Fixed your eyes and ears, scrubbed your tongue, picked your nose. Had a look at your immune system and found it wanting, so we took over."

"What!"

"No worries. Thanks to our collective intelligence, we're vastly quicker to act and deadlier than old fashioned leukocytes. Better organized, too. Think of it as an introduction package. On the house!"

Ponzu leans on a wall, puts her head in her hands and shakes it furiously. "This isn't happening."

"Though I suppose we could see you as our house, so it's on you. Oh well. "

Ponzu just keeps on muttering. "This isn't happening. This isn't hapening. this isn't happening"

"As for what we can do? Darling, what can't we do? Your body is our Cathedral, raised in honor of our Goddess! That is you. We're planning on renovating it beyond perfection, from the foundation to the pinnacle! Every stones, every arches and keys, ever mosaics and stained glasses. You'll be our Wonder of the World. Our Taj, our-"

Ponzu's fist smashes the wall, cracking the wood. "Enough!"

"As you wish."

She storms out of the toolshed, goes back into her room and plants herself before a mirror. "Can you change my eyes color?"

"Effortlessly so."

"Do it."

"You may feel a slight discomfort in your iris. W suggest shutting down your eyes during the process."

Ponzu keeps her eyes deliberately open. "Just do it."

In the span of a few second, Ponzu's eyes shift from green to blue. The girl sucks in a breath and slides to her knees. "By god. This is real."

"Indeed."

"What did you do?"

"I modified your eye color."

"No. I mean, what did your little machines actually do to my eyes?"

"We reduced your irises' melanin level by 80%. The effect is temporary."

"Right. Okay." Our host hit her head on the mirror repeatedly. She doesn't use enough force to cause damage.

There is a knock on the door. "Girl, You're alright in there? The children are saying you're acted crazy."

Ponzu twitches on the ground. " Yeah. I- I think I ate too much yesterday!"

"No shit," The man grumbles behind the door. "The bus is about to leave. You better hurry if you want to be on it."

Ponzu scrambles to her feet "Crap! I'm coming."

"Sean, listen up."

"Yes, lass?"

"I'm going to redo my pack, since now most of my tops don't fit, then I'm going to get on that bus. By the time I'm in there, I want you to give me five, no six ways you can improve me. No wild hypotheticals or crazy ideas, I want them plausible and applicable right now and I want you to run me through each basic process. Got it?"

"Got it, yes."

"Good."

[]...?

[X] Level 2, Reinforce skin, bones and tendons with metallic lattice. Improves general durability.
[X] Level 1, Create Redundant organ replacements in case of temporary or permanent failure of organs.
[X] Level 1, Replace hemoglobin with specialized bots designed for oxygen/nutrient dispersal

Carbon nano tube reinforced muscles, and bone. Compound retina to see every wave length.

[X] Sub-dermal layering of fibrous materials. Limited bullet proofing. requires Carbon-based fibrous foods, such as celery.
[X] Lung pattern optimization. Higher lung capacity, higher efficiency. -Over time. Requires a safety net period to be enacted over. projected 3-4 days minimum. Possibly longer.
[X] Muscular optimization. Optimizing muscle use At best cost Vs. Reward/risk. -Neural patter restructuring. Effective immediately.
[X] General blemish removal. Because Vanity does effect interaction. Effective immediately to 7 days. scars, blemishes, disfigured, doesn't matter. Its fixable.

A few more for good measure.

Can we optimize her nails ino talons and reinforce the required muscles? Improve/subvert the liver?

Yay!
*Confetti and stuff*

We broke Her congratz! She is hanging in there like a tough little trooper.

[X] Create an Uniform / Armor / Clothing. Depending on what is being Created it may take awhile and we may lose cohesion if cut from you body. (OOC:Crysis Nanosuit)
[X] We have in a way took over her Liver's Job in Filtering the Bloodstream
[X] Sub-dermal layering of fibrous materials. Limited bullet proofing. requires Carbon-based fibrous foods, such as celery.
[X] General blemish removal. Because Vanity does effect interaction. Effective immediately to 7 days. scars, blemishes, disfigured, doesn't matter. Its fixable.
[X] Increased Healing Speed with Dedicated Nano machines to fix Wounds. *Variable Speeds Due to Host's wish we can do Closing the Wound in eye blinks to Slightly Reducing it from Weeks to Days* AKA Nano Machine Bandage.
[X] In cases of Catastrophe Damage to Host we can keep you alive so long as your Brain in one Piece and we have the Required Materials to keep your body Functioning.

Aside from that the rest is MAD SCIENCE.

we will have to kill off some Nano Machines to make space for new types.

I want them plausible and applicable right now and I want you to run me through each basic process. Got it?"
Just felt I should Quote this

Would it be possible for us to provide her with thermal imaging of some kind? Or maybe help pay attention to her surroundings acting as another pair of eyes and ears. Would it be possible for us to help her brain process things faster in order to give her a form of time dilation or just more time to react?

I like this personality. Thank you Liam-don. :)

Internal memory backup module, never forget anything fpr the rest pf your life.

[X] Release a flood of myostatin, results in colloquially called double-muscle. Some bulking; unfortunate.
[X] Alter muscle to produce white muscle, for explosive power. Nanobots eating lactic acid buildup also grants superior endurance.
[X] Super-charged galbladder, kidneys and liver, to break down poisons the human body normally cannot.
[X] Conscious control of chromatophores, producing chameleon abilities. Doesn't work on clothes, sorry
(x) Nor-adrenaline boost: affects alertness, vigilance, reflex, aggression, motivation, learning and memory. Also arousal, sorry.

Potentially:
[X] Creation of energy-based weaponry. Would require reworking most of the insides for optimal power.
[X] Hormone K-type neurological reworking.

Jiven said:
I like this personality. Thank you Liam-don. :)

I aim to please. Myself, mostly, but I can share a little from time to time.

But don't get used to it.
hm.png

[X] Release a flood of myostatin, results in colloquially called double-muscle. Some bulking; unfortunate.
[X]Interlace bones with carbon nano lattice structure. Warning, May take time.
[X] Alter muscle to produce white muscle cells, for explosive power. Nanobots eating lactic acid buildup also grants superior endurance.
[X] Super-charged galbladder, kidneys and liver, to break down poisons the human body normally cannot.
[X] Conscious control of chromatophores, producing chameleon abilities. Doesn't work on clothes, sorry
(x) Nor-adrenaline boost: affects alertness, vigilance, reflex, aggression, motivation, learning and memory. Also arousal, sorry.

Potentially:
[X] Creation of energy-based weaponry. Would require reworking most of the insides for optimal power.
[X] Hormone K-type neurological reworking

[X]After listing these possibilities, "Would you like us to inact any of these changes, Lass?"

Malcolmo said:
Would it be possible for us to provide her with thermal imaging of some kind? Or maybe help pay attention to her surroundings acting as another pair of eyes and ears. Would it be possible for us to help her brain process things faster in order to give her a form of time dilation or just more time to react?
Yeah, sure. So long as someone tells me how.

Liam-don said:
Yeah, sure. So long as someone tells me how.

Place mirrors within her eyes.

You know, like a cat~

Well, that works for nightvision anyway.

... Are you going to just throw all the voted ideas in, or just the six that win?

Six that win. That's what she asked.

Doesn't mean the other ideas will be lost or anything like that, so keep throwing stuff out there. It may come in handy at some point.

Also, if you haven't figured it out, this is your chance to appeal to your host. So choose at least a little wisely.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back