• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Nanoquest: It's the littlest things that matter most. (HxH)

... Aright.

[X] Tier 1 enhancement- Replace current optics with cameras with higher frame-per-second count, an adjustable spectrum filter ranging in settings from standard human to mantis shrimp. In addition, comes with a laser targeting system that may be shifted from 'Invisible' to 'Weapons Grade' with a thought. We recommend you put a password protection on this.

That sound like something Ponzu would like? Or should I stick to cannons?

Bitches love cannons.

I suppose the problem is I don't really get how nanobots function. In fiction they can do all kinds of crazy stuff, up to and including altering the world at the whim of the creator; biological, synthetic, everything. But I don't get how they DO any of that stuff, or why it isn't ruinously expensive, energy-wise.

Can we take in energy from places other than Ponzu, like Aura, electricity, all that, and remake it for our own use?

[X] Build small high res and magnification capable cameras. Install either inside the eyes, or, if miniaturization is sufficient, on the surface of the skin.
-[X] Don't link into cortex directly, instead feed the image to whichever nanites we're using to contact and influence Ponzu's vision, allowing the new vision to be turned on or off without compromising traditional unaided sight.
-[X] Same for mini thermal imaging cameras.

[X] Bii's stuff. Down below this post.

If we can get the cameras small enough it would mean eyes literally in the back of the head, and that mirror trick to see around corners would be put to shame by a finger cam.

Joint forget prepatory enhancements and joint reinforcement.

I'll post my plan once I get home; it'll be a version of the most common theme here, editted for more scientific accuracy.

Just saying guys? But Pnzo doesn't sound like a transhumanist lover. Putting crap in her body like power cells, camera's, and other shit might not be what she is looking for. Ease her into this.

Go with some easy softball basics.

Better immune system.
Basic improvements to stuff already in the body.
Poison testers on the tip of the lips for immediate chemical break down and study.
Controlled Adrenal Glands. For on command boosts.
Kidney and Liver improvements for improved bloodstream cleaning.
secondary sensory partner to filter and mention oddities in the enviroment that might be missed otherwise.

All this is basics and shouldn't set off her panic button too bad. Remember toss her softballs here guys. Inundating her in lightning guns and other cybernetic additions have much higher chances of causing panic.

[X] Basic improvements to stuff already in the body.
[X] Poison testers on the tip of the lips for immediate chemical break down and study.
[X] Controlled Adrenal Glands. For on command boosts.
[X] Kidney and Liver improvements for improved bloodstream cleaning.
[X] Secondary sensory partner to filter and mention oddities in the enviroment that might be missed otherwise.

Guile said:
I suppose the problem is I don't really get how nanobots function. In fiction they can do all kinds of crazy stuff, up to and including altering the world at the whim of the creator; biological, synthetic, everything. But I don't get how they DO any of that stuff, or why it isn't ruinously expensive, energy-wise.

Can we take in energy from places other than Ponzu, like Aura, electricity, all that, and remake it for our own use?
Yes, nanites are magic, I know. But here, I'm trying to keep things relatively mild for starters in an attempt to create a powercurve, amongst other things. Think of them as tiny contruction workers that can rearrange matter and think about what you could do with that.

The more trippy shit will require absurd numbers, access to a powersource of some kind (maybe nen, maybe bioelectricity) and probably considerable research time.

Let's work our way up, shall we?

Okay, I'm going to group related votes together for simplicity, along with my suggestions on how to improve it.

Vindictus said:
[X] Level 2, Reinforce skin, bones and tendons with metallic lattice. Improves general durability.
Earth-Destroyer said:
Carbon nano tube reinforced muscles, and bone.
Fallenblades643 said:
[X] Sub-dermal layering of fibrous materials. Limited bullet proofing. requires Carbon-based fibrous foods, such as celery.
These should all be possible, and they're more or less the same. Eating celery should not be required, however; pretty much anything organic should contain the carbon we'd need to make the carbon nanotubes. Additionally, something that none of you noticed is that it would allow you to increase your strength as well, since you'd be able to apply more force without fear of damaging yourself.

Vindictus said:
[X] Level 1, Create Redundant organ replacements in case of temporary or permanent failure of organs.
Creating redundant organs is probably impossible without bloating up the size of her torso to fit them.

Vindictus said:
[X] Level 1, Replace hemoglobin with specialized bots designed for oxygen/nutrient dispersal
Replacing red blood cells with respirocytes is actually a very good idea; since they're 273 times more efficient at storing oxygen than red blood cells, it'd allow her to operate at full capacity without lactic acid buildup for up to 15-20 minutes, or to sit and hold her breath for hours. As a result, it would dramatically increase her endurance.
[X] Level 1, Replace red blood cells with respirocytes. Dramatically increases endurance.

Fallenblades643 said:
[X] Lung pattern optimization. Higher lung capacity, higher efficiency. -Over time. Requires a safety net period to be enacted over. projected 3-4 days minimum. Possibly longer.
While it'd probably be possible to give her bird-style lungs, doing so would require us to attach air sacs to the outside of them. This would require us either increasing the size of her rib cage, or shrinking the size of other organs.

[X] Muscular optimization. Optimizing muscle use At best cost Vs. Reward/risk. -Neural patter restructuring. Effective immediately.
This is probably a given with any strength-enhancing upgrade, and risk/reward analysis would probably be rendered more or less redundant with other improvements to durability and stamina.

[X] General blemish removal. Because Vanity does effect interaction. Effective immediately to 7 days. scars, blemishes, disfigured, doesn't matter. Its fixable.
Add on resculpting bodyfat to allow her to retain a girlish figure despite any augmentations we perform, and I think we've got a winner here; I think it should in fact be the first thing we suggest, because once she agrees to one thing she's more likely to agree to all the others.

Bloodshifter said:
[X] Create an Uniform / Armor / Clothing. Depending on what is being Created it may take awhile and we may lose cohesion if cut from you body. (OOC:Crysis Nanosuit)
Wut. Why? Anything a Crysis Nanosuit could do, a full-body conversion into a robot could do better, barring interactions with the magic that we don't know exists IC. Besides, she asked for things that were immediately useful and able to be implemented, not pie-in-the-sky theorizing.

[X] We have in a way took over her Liver's Job in Filtering the Bloodstream
Guile said:
[X] Super-charged galbladder, kidneys and liver, to break down poisons the human body normally cannot.
Using nanites to filter the bloodstream is a good idea.

[X] Increased Healing Speed with Dedicated Nano machines to fix Wounds. *Variable Speeds Due to Host's wish we can do Closing the Wound in eye blinks to Slightly Reducing it from Weeks to Days* AKA Nano Machine Bandage.
[X] In cases of Catastrophe Damage to Host we can keep you alive so long as your Brain in one Piece and we have the Required Materials to keep your body Functioning.
Going to need word from the GM on the limits of our nanobots, here.

Liam-don said:
Yeah, sure. So long as someone tells me how.
Replication of the sorts of cells that snakes use to detect infrared radiation in the pits on their face.

Guile said:
[X] Release a flood of myostatin, results in colloquially called double-muscle. Some bulking; unfortunate.
[X] Alter muscle to produce white muscle, for explosive power. Nanobots eating lactic acid buildup also grants superior endurance.
(x) Nor-adrenaline boost: affects alertness, vigilance, reflex, aggression, motivation, learning and memory. Also arousal, sorry.
These should all work, as far as I can tell.

[X] Conscious control of chromatophores, producing chameleon abilities. Doesn't work on clothes, sorry
This one will require us to pull apart and rebuild her entire skin at the sub-cellular level to introduce the required organelles. Somehow I don't think she'd take kindly to the idea of watching her skin disintegrate.

Potentially:
[X] Creation of energy-based weaponry. Would require reworking most of the insides for optimal power.
[X] Hormone K-type neurological reworking.
She was asking for practical ideas that could be implemented right now, not pie-in-the-sky theorizing or crazy possibilities. Geeze, listen to what she's actually saying!

As for what I'm voting for...
[X] Before anything else... "Lass, you don't need to talk out loud. I'm inside your brain, so if you think at me, I'll hear you."
[X] Level 2: General blemish removal, and body fat sculpting. We can keep her skin blemish- and wrinkle-free, and make sure that she'll always keep a girlish figure, no matter how much she eats or what augmentations we give her.
[X] Then the strength-boosting trifecta:
-[X] Level 3: Release a flood of myostatin, results in colloquially called double-muscle. Some bulking; unfortunate.
-[X] Level 3/2: Alter muscle to produce white muscle, for explosive power. Nanobots eating lactic acid buildup also grants superior endurance.
-[X] Level 2: Reinforce, skin, bones, muscles, and tendons with a carbon nanotube weave. Increases durability and maximum usable strength.
[X] Level 1: Replace red blood cells with respirocytes. Dramatically increases endurance.
[X] Level 3: Nor-adrenaline boost: affects alertness, vigilance, reflex, aggression, motivation, learning and memory. Also arousal, sorry.

This gives us a full package of upgrades, improving practically every aspect of her abilities. Strength, speed, endurance, durability, appearance, intellegence, this package has it all.

Last edited by a moderator:
Liam-don said:
Yeah, sure. So long as someone tells me how.
Well the easier ways of getting thermal imaging would probably be by placing cameras in her eyes or the surface of her skin if our miniturisation is sufficient although if we go with the on surface of skin one they need to be rather rugged. We'd also have to connect the feed to Ponzu's brain and give her the ability to turn it on or off or we could view it ourselves and warn her when anything of interest occours.

The extra pair of eyes thing is simply us going over what she's seeing, hearing etc.. and notifying her if we spot something she didn't notice. If anything should be capable of going over every single piece of sensory information it should be us.

As for the last one I am unsure as to how to pull it off and will look it up once I've gotten home and aren't typeing this out on a mobile. Hope this came out legible.

Wut. Why? Anything a Crysis Nanosuit could do, a full-body conversion into a robot could do better, barring interactions with the magic that we don't know exists IC. Besides, she asked for things that were immediately useful and able to be implemented, not pie-in-the-sky theorizing.
Liam-dom has already greenlighted the Creation of one and I think if we are going for Symbiote we won't be able to convert her into a death machine she might object to that.

The Creatation of one is simple spit on her hands put the hands on a Boulder about as big as she is stay like that for a hour or so Voila Instant Skintight that can stop bullets.

[X] Build small high res and magnification capable cameras. Install either inside the eyes, or, if miniaturization is sufficient, on the surface of the skin.
-[X] Don't link into cortex directly, instead feed the image to whichever nanites we're using to contact and influence Ponzu's vision, allowing the new vision to be turned on or off without compromising traditional unaided sight.
-[X] Same for mini thermal imaging cameras.
Malcolmo said:
Well the easier ways of getting thermal imaging would probably be by placing cameras in her eyes or the surface of her skin if our miniturisation is sufficient although if we go with the on surface of skin one they need to be rather rugged. We'd also have to connect the feed to Ponzu's brain and give her the ability to turn it on or off or we could view it ourselves and warn her when anything of interest occours.

The extra pair of eyes thing is simply us going over what she's seeing, hearing etc.. and notifying her if we spot something she didn't notice. If anything should be capable of going over every single piece of sensory information it should be us.

As for the last one I am unsure as to how to pull it off and will look it up once I've gotten home and aren't typeing this out on a mobile. Hope this came out legible.
Think less cameras and more photoreceptor cells.
[X] Increased Healing Speed with Dedicated Nano machines to fix Wounds. *Variable Speeds Due to Host's wish we can do Closing the Wound in eye blinks to Slightly Reducing it from Weeks to Days* AKA Nano Machine Bandage.
[X] In cases of Catastrophe Damage to Host we can keep you alive so long as your Brain in one Piece and we have the Required Materials to keep your body Functioning.
Theorically true, depending on the nature and size of the wound. You can stop bleeding or close a small wound, you could possibly replace a heart in a pinch, if you have the biomass available. Wolverine style regen? Hell no.

Bloodshifter said:
Liam-dom has already greenlighted the Creation of one and I think if we are going for Symbiote we won't be able to convert her into a death machine she might object to that.
With the same restriction as Guil's suggestion. Need research, a tremendous amount of specific material and a powersource. Also, Ponzu will probably object to wearing something like that day in and day out.

The Creatation of one is simple spit on her hands put the hands on a Boulder about as big as she is stay like that for a hour or so Voila Instant Skintight that can stop bullets.
The nanites are meant to exist in a living organism, or at least an aqueous environment. They can't fly and would be defenseless against all the bacterias, parasites and other nastiness present in the air.

Something that would probably be useful would be the ability to communicate with us without having to talk.

You do realize you're jacked into her brain?

Liam-don said:
You do realize you're jacked into her brain?
Wasn't she using her mouth to speak to us though or did I misread the updates?

Because she's still catching up on the whole thing.

Ehh well the Skin tight is less Nano suit and more Chain mail. It would at least give us a good base for it. As to wearing it 100% of the time I can see 2 methods of removal one would require a very dedicated project alongside our Crysis Suit idea and the other would make it into Clothing either/ or.

I agree with this:
[X] Before anything else... "Lass, you don't need to talk out loud. I'm inside your brain, so if you think at me, I'll hear you."
[X] Level 2: General blemish removal, and body fat sculpting. We can keep her skin blemish- and wrinkle-free, and make sure that she'll always keep a girlish figure, no matter how much she eats or what augmentations we give her.
[X] Then the strength-boosting trifecta:
-[X] Level 3: Release a flood of myostatin, results in colloquially called double-muscle. Some bulking; unfortunate.
-[X] Level 3/2: Alter muscle to produce white muscle, for explosive power. Nanobots eating lactic acid buildup also grants superior endurance.
-[X] Level 2: Reinforce, skin, bones, muscles, and tendons with a carbon nanotube weave. Increases durability and maximum usable strength.
[X] Level 1: Replace red blood cells with respirocytes. Dramatically increases endurance.
[X] Level 3: Nor-adrenaline boost: affects alertness, vigilance, reflex, aggression, motivation, learning and memory. Also arousal, sorry.

I also like the heat and/or night vision using as template the way snakes and cats have them and the boosted healing factor.

BlackWarth said:

Isn't Red Muscle explosive strength but low stamina, while White Muscle is the long working one with a low maximum strength output, and Pink Muscle being the middle ground between the two.

White muscles Fast twitch explosive. Red muscles consistent strength endurance.

*Blink* Really? Eh. Thanks for correcting me Larekko.

I guess I can agree to that as long as the White Muscle is supplementary instead of replacing the Red Muscle. That's just a bad idea.

It just means she'll be built like an Olympic sprinter, rather than a long distance runner. But with nanos keeping lactic acid and other anaerobic stuff under control, should be fine.

While we're correction misconception, myostatin actually inhibits muscle growth, which would mean that flooding the body with it would result in the muscles withering to nothing. Let's go with repression, kk?

Also, rollin?

Guile said:
It just means she'll be built like an Olympic sprinter, rather than a long distance runner. But with nanos keeping lactic acid and other anaerobic stuff under control, should be fine.

At that point we might as well just replace her muscles with nanites, considering how many we'ed need to keep the acid build-up down.

[X] Turn all her muscle to pink muscle

MUAHAHA, PSUEUDOSCIENCE!

Vindictus said:
[X] Turn all her muscle to pink muscle

MUAHAHA, PSUEUDOSCIENCE!

In HSDK a dude did this to all the muscles in his body with training but i believed it was manga bullshit... if it is possible in this quest i change my vote for the muscle option in [X] Turn all her muscle to pink muscle

Alright. I get it. You guys are too good to roll a dice in my thread. That's fine, I'll do it myself.

[blockquote]Rolled 1d100 : 100, total 100[/blockquote]

No Liam. You are too good to us when you roll dice in your own thread. :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back