• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Nanoquest: It's the littlest things that matter most. (HxH)

She can have them carry letters. As far as I'm concerned, that's close enough to Magic Bee Powers.

Or she could put her ticket where no MAN dares ventures! In her panties!

Biigoh said:
Where we proceed to cover and secure it against moisture in a wax film BRILLIANT!

Last edited by a moderator:
Guile said:
She can have them carry letters. As far as I'm concerned, that's close enough to Magic Bee Powers.

Guile, that's "a year after the Hunter exam Ponzu" she might have developed Nen (literal Magic Bee powers) by then. "Hunter Exam Ponzu" didn't suggest using Bees to send letters when she was trapped in a cave by poisonous snakes, so it's likely (though not guaranteed- maybe she couldn't think of anyone in range to send them to) that she couldn't control her bees that well at the time. Even side-characters sometimes improve over time.

*wakes up and mergles!?!?!*

[X] Suggest securing the ticket in someplace secure and against her body.
- - [X] Inside panties!
- - - - [X] Coat the ticket in a wax film and affixed it to the skin.
- - - - - - [X] Be prepared to allow the ticket to be released from skin when she needs it.
[X] Advice host to secure self in cabin with food and drink. More than she would normally consume in two days.
- - [X] Bunker down for the day, make sure the porthole/window is secured!
- - - - [X] Start on Host durability project: carbon nanotubing if she is unlikely to notice it. That seems less noticeable than muscle strengthening. Continue to filter blood, cholesterol, potential virii and similar health risks. Gut bacteria may be desirable to remain.

panties and sean connery... wtfh guys.

[embed=425,349]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0t1_usmB30s[/embed]

Sean Connery WAS James Bond... so... THAT surprising?

Also note that kept against skin and coated in wax film, the ticket is going to be SAFE and not easily stolen.

And, we were doing the highlander version I thought.

[X] Suggest securing the ticket in someplace secure and against her body.
[X] Advice host to secure self in cabin with food and drink. More than she would normally consume in two days.
- - - - [X] Start on Host durability project: carbon nanotubing if she is unlikely to notice it. That seems less noticeable than muscle strengthening. Continue to filter blood, cholesterol, potential virii and similar health risks. Gut bacteria may be desirable to remain.

Biigoh said:
Problem, she doesn't seem to wear any.

Liam-don said:
"Don't bother looking. I'm nowhere around."

Ponzu takes a sharp breath.

"Don't get your panties in a twist, lass. You're not in any danger. " A beat. "Not that you're wearing any, you saucy little thing?"

Alert: Blood rushing to the head, tightened jaw and shaking fists are sign indicative of rising indignation/anger.

[X] Suggest securing the ticket inside her hat, underneath the beehive.
[X] Ask her if she wants us to augment the bees. We should be able to install tiny radio links into their bodies while infiltrating their brains, allowing us to control them while sensing everything they do. This would give us the ability to put up a distributed sensor network to keep watch for potential threats, even while she's asleep.
- [X] We can also do things like re-engineering their stingers to prevent them from pulling out and killing the bee after one sting, and changing the chemicals injected by the sting, allowing us to cause a wide variety of lethal and non-lethal effects.

What bees? We don't know any bees.

Liam-don said:
What bees? We don't know any bees.
[X] Tell her that you can hear buzzing coming from her hat, and you think there might be some sort of critter inside it. You can't tell for sure, though, because you're limited to perceiving the world through her senses. Considering that the staff warned you of murderous insects coming in through the portholes, you're starting to get concerned.

nick012000 said:
[X] Tell her that you can hear buzzing coming from her hat, and you think there might be some sort of critter inside it. You can't tell for sure, though, because you're limited to perceiving the world through her senses. Considering that the staff warned you of murderous insects coming in through the portholes, you're starting to get concerned.
We can read her mind, Did you ever consider that she may not have bees yet?

She does.

You don't know that because you haven't actually asked her, or nommed her brain, or whatever.

Liam-don said:
She does.

You don't know that because you haven't actually asked her, or nommed her brain, or whatever.
We can see through all her senses, and read her mind, why haven't we noticed she has a hive of bees on her head?

No one in canon noticed until she started using them, including the hunter candidates.

And those guys weren't exactly slouches.

useless101 said:
No one in canon noticed until she started using them, including the hunter candidates.

And those guys weren't exactly slouches.
Yeah, but they weren't sitting inside her head, looking through her eyes, seeing through her ears, and feeling through her scalp. ;)

Exemplary work, bees! Metaphorical high five, because none of us have hands!

nick012000 said:
[X] Suggest securing the ticket inside her hat, underneath the beehive.
Acknowledged. A superficial 10 nanometers- thick lattice will be applied in the intercellular space to increase strutural cohesion, and 0.5 milimeters thick nanoweave will be layered over the, bones, muscles, tendons and between the dermis and epidermis for shock dispersion. Resistance to kinetic energy is projected to increase by a factor of 100. Estimated mass increase of 3%. Estimated time of completion: + 40 hours.

The lattice will be kept loose to accomodate host's future growth and mantain flexibitity.

Neural connection: Ponzu is currently on her way to get her room's key.

'Girl, considering the information we've just received, I woud suggest you claim the room furthest from the comdemned zone, secure it, stock up on provision and bunker down for the duration of the trip.'

'I guess I could afford a lot of junk food,' Ponzu muses.

'Good lass. Don't skimp on the fat and carbohydrates, we litterally live off them.'

Ponzu tilts her head questioningly. 'So I really don't have to watch what I eat?'

'Not quite. A varied alimention is still desirable for your continued well being, but feel free to indulge in diabetes-inducing, artery clogging delicacies.'

Ponzu checks in at the deck's clerk desk and asks for a room on the other side of the damaged compartment. It is a standard two beds + washroom hotel room, asides from the brass portholes replaced the window with flower paterned curtains. Surprisingly, there is even a microwave above the mini-fridge.

'Two beds?'

"This is a passenger transport," the girl says as she inspects the room. "Be happy we won't have to bunk with ten smelly guys downstairs."

'We have no sense of smell, but we grasp your meaning.'

"Right."

Ponzu pick the beds closest to the portholes and undo the sheets.

'What are you doing, lass?'

'Calling dibs'

It is a testament to the size of the sandsteamer that there are stores to be found on each deck. Ponzu walk in a convenience store and fills up on snacks and tv dinners.

You want this, don't you? The need is swelling in you now. Take those Twinkies. They are defenseless. Give in to your hunger. With each passing moment you make yourself more my servant.

'...What are you mumbling about?'

'Never you mind, darling.'

Ponzu's blood pressure rises, before she heaves a sigh. 'Am I seriously letting you mess with my body?'

'We assure you, we are quite competent at our given tasks, regardless of the eccentricity of this personality bundle.'

Her eyes roll. 'You might think about changing, because this one isn't doing much for my confindence.' She thinks drily.

When she returns to the room, It is to discover that someone else is in the room.

A female human of asian descent, approximately the same age and build as our host. She is setting down a satchel near a japanese sword and a rifle.

'Well then.'

Threat level: Real and immediate.

The threat looks at Ponzu and offers a wide, friendly smile and a handshake. "Hey there! I guess we're going to be roomates for the next four days. I'm Megumi."

Ponzu calmy takes it. "Ponzu."

Megumi smiles even wider. "Ponzu-san, are you taking the Hunter Exam too?"

Notice: We do not know what is this "Hunter exam." Depending on our host's answer, it may be a line of inquiry we wish to pursue.

Notice: According to our observation of our host's personality, it is likely she will end the conversation as quickly as possible and keep her distance. If we wish to prolong the dialogue, and possibly befriend the girl, we'll have to suggest topics or action to our host.

Orders?

Liam Dono Question is failing the Prime Directive Paramout to losing the Quest?

Liam-don. I'm not that conceited.

Also, no? Only loss in my book is death.

[x]"Would ya really like me to lass? How about this?"
[X]Engage In personality Bundle Honorable Female King Arthuria.exe
[x]"Milady I do suggest caution. Subject Megumi's projected threat level is high. Her stance is far to casual with that blade while lacking a novices incaution. I do not advise atagonization however. Ms. Megumi seems open to overtures of 'friendship'. Move forward with that. Maybe by talking about the Hunter Exam and projected career paths?

[X] Stick with current personality bundle
[X] IF switching personality bundle wins,
-->[X] Personality/Voice pack- Kos-Mos

[X] Good, take her hand... now maybe initiate a little hug? Friends hug, you know. It doesn't have to be weird.
Don't worry baby, it won't get weird.
[X] Man, this personality pack is weird. Maybe we should switch to someone else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back