• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Naruto Est Imperare Orbi Universo (Dio Quest)

[X] Fuuinjutsu? You haven't forgotten what you heard on the night you were born; it was your m- it was Kushina's speciality. And what you've heard of the discipline since has suggested fascinating possibilities...

Hymn of Ragnarok said:
And by the way Furiko....

You never did write our second meeting with Orochimaru. As soon as Shikamaru appeared that plot thread seemed to disappear entirely.
I'm more disappointed we haven't driven Utako to madness yet. I suppose we don't really need to, since we're getting training now regardless, but that's never stopped Dio before.

>[X] Brainstorm away.
While Choji is clearly an inferior minion, his egregious offenses against Fabulousness are less offensive if he is not in your personal orbit of minions. Effectively, if we allow our minions to have minions, we don't have to be particularly close to him. And he will make Shikamaru, Dio and even Ino look more Fabulous by comparison.

Essentially, he is our 'And Zoidberg!'

Last edited by a moderator:
FurikoMaru said:
He's flown the coop. What, you thought a demonchild would make him more likely to stay in Konoha?

No, just that the final tone of the post here:

FurikoMaru said:
Oh, well. You close your eyes and settle down for another invigorating nap. He'll be back.

=

The pale man does not return in the next two years. You do not worry overmuch; you have nothing but time.

Seemed to imply that some kind of Orochimaru encounter was coming. Even if it was only, "Kill the baby monster before it can grow into an adult monster."

Guile said:
I'm more disappointed we haven't driven Utako to madness yet. I suppose we don't really need to, since we're getting training now regardless, but that's never stopped Dio before.

No kidding. But that entire plan got the boot as soon as we had the chance to level grind.

I expressed concerns earlier about how we were going to be playing the act of the nice guy to the point where we're no longer really a jerk anymore. We're not a monster, we're Scrooge.

If the ultimate decision on whether or not we be a dick is left to the players, doesn't seem like we're be exercising that personality trait on anything but Acceptable Targets. And if Furiko forces players into actions too dickish for people, then the players aren't having as much fun. This seems like it could become a problem.

Hymn of Ragnarok said:
No, just that the final tone of the post here:

Seemed to imply that some kind of Orochimaru encounter was coming. Even if it was only, "Kill the baby monster before it can grow into an adult monster."
Well, you have to be patient.

Hymn of Ragnarok said:
I expressed concerns earlier about how we were going to be playing the act of the nice guy to the point where we're no longer really a jerk anymore. We're not a monster, we're Scrooge.
For the record, I am very disappointed in all of you trying to think of ways to be meta-nice to Chouji while still technically being in-character. Where are all the happy little sociopaths who miss A Good Day For Ninja Science? :(

If you guys decide to be nice to Kiba, I might just bad-end you out of spite.

In my own defence, I just don't give much of a thought to Choji at the moment. I'd rather use him as a test to see what Shikamaru can do. To me at least, going out of our way to directly interact with someone we find loathsome is beneath us. We wouldn't have put up with JoJo if we hadn't thought it good fun to ruin his life for a while and he wasn't our new 'brother'.

I also fully expect this to bite us in the ass if the two actually form a strong bond like in canon. :))

FurikoMaru said:
For the record, I am very disappointed in all of you trying to think of ways to be meta-nice to Chouji while still technically being in-character. Where are all the happy little sociopaths who miss A Good Day For Ninja Science? :(

To be fair, the people from A Good Day For Ninja Science also went out of their way to hang out and make nice with Jiraiya and Tsunade, and adopt Anko outright, turning down multiple chances for stealing POWs for research projects and adopting orphans en masse for much the same reason.

I am not exempt from this group. It was pretty funny but yeah. We were not the nastiest person we could be except to enemies, and even then we generally didn't go too far.

Hymn of Ragnarok said:
To be fair, the people from A Good Day For Ninja Science also went out of their way to hang out and make nice with Jiraiya and Tsunade, and adopt Anko outright, turning down multiple chances for stealing POWs for research projects and adopting orphans en masse for much the same reason.

I am not exempt from this group. It was pretty funny but yeah. We were not the nastiest person we could be except to enemies, and even then we generally didn't go too far.
*sigh* Yeah. Looking back on it, Guile's Oro-tan quickly morphed into a standard good-guy Ishida Akira character.

It was nice and everything, because I love characters like that, but Dio is... not a character like that.

FurikoMaru said:
If you guys decide to be nice to Kiba, I might just bad-end you out of spite.
Don't worry, we'll have our time to shine like DIO... We're just at the very least trying to IC avoid making Enemies too soon...

Then again, remember Kiba = Guts Reincarnation from one certain Quest? You CAN say that IC wise, we're 'like' Griffith in some similarities. So if you want to see DIO be a backstabbing person, then well... Wait and see. It'd depend on what we'd gain IC wise for such an action.

More seriously... Other than maybe (if we decide or IC hear that for Chouji's family, Fat = Muscle.) We have to MAYBE give Chouji a few hints of "Well, if doing Dieting is not an option for you, then just train harder. Maybe it'd turn all the fat comments you heard from 'peasants' into genuine awe on your muscular body".

And best case scenario, IF Chouji goes overkill in training (to the point of rivaling/outstripping Lee and Jonathan.) Then that just means we have one extra body to try and steal if we end up a Yukkuri Vampire Head.

-

Then again, all it takes is a JoJo in sight, and they'd be too much like Jonathan/Jotaro to outright be panicking once they see/remember similarities we have.

Still, in advance... I doubt we'd IC be 'that' nice to Sakura, as she's more a 'Civilian' than a Ninja. So if anything, she's probably going to surprise us, before we decide on 'what to do?' with her...

EDIT: Cho... Jo... Oh god, if the naming is similar enough, and... Are the Akimichis a possible ninja Joestar Family in the making?!? It'd make for one HELL of a Choochoo train though...

FurikoMaru said:
*sigh* Yeah. Looking back on it, Guile's Oro-tan quickly morphed into a standard good-guy Ishida Akira character.

I kinda view it is being the Token Evil Teammate.

I still remember how that Quest was inspired by an exchange between me and Guile. "Orphans are like pringles: you just can't have one." Alas, even I did not follow through on that opportunity. At the time it seemed fresh and new to me. Now, not so much. :/

Master Basher said:
Don't worry, we'll have our time to shine like DIO... We're just at the very least trying to IC avoid making Enemies too soon...

So, same thing that happens in nearly every Quest?

Right, right, fine...

[X] Lock Choji in an incinerator 'On Accident'.

Burning him?

Nah, too simple.

Now arranging for Shikamaru/Ino to kill their childhood friend, sending them spiraling into depression, and us being the one to inspire and raise them from the ashes....

My main issue is that we already have hints that Shika is smarter than us.

I'm not going to bet that he wouldn't be able to see through any of our more convoluted plans, and that doing so would result in us taking what could be our greatest ally and turning him into our worst enemy.

Hymn of Ragnarok said:
Burning him?

Nah, too simple.

Now arranging for Shikamaru/Ino to kill their childhood friend, sending them spiraling into depression, and us being the one to inspire and raise them from the ashes....
Dear sire I wish to subscribe to your newsletter in regards to a vote.

I think that right now a IC reaction for Dio, in order to placate the discussion, is that Choji is still to young to form a real opinion about him. Kids are malleable after all, and Dio has more important things to do that worrying about a possible minions being useless.

So let's wait and see how Shikamaru shapes him. If he is really weak there is no need for Dio to finish him off himself: Choji will do that himself in the near future in a fight. All we need to do is to prepare for a failure.

Hymn of Ragnarok said:

FurikoMaru said:

It was nice and everything, because I love characters like that, but Dio is... not a character like that.
It was kind of disappointing. If you guys hadn't picked 'Anko' right off the bat, I would have let it go for a few dozen updates and then have Oro think 'Oh wait, what happened to the apprentice?', and go back to find her surviving in the Forest of Death like some kind of little noble savage.

And the questers never picked the options for investigating the writings of the Second Hokage that would have unlocked Edo Tensei. That still could have gotten fun with the renewed friendship with Tsunade and Jiraiya, since he could resurrect guys like Dan and Sakumo in exchange for a few measly POWs. You could have gotten Tsunade bringing them to you by the cartload with a little work.

I still enjoyed running that quest a lot, but alas for missed chances.

I still want to get back to it, but I am seriously blocked on the next update. White Snake Sage just isn't speaking to me.

Guile said:
It was kind of disappointing. If you guys hadn't picked 'Anko' right off the bat, I would have let it go for a few dozen updates and then have Oro think 'Oh wait, what happened to the apprentice?', and go back to find her surviving in the Forest of Death like some kind of little noble savage.
I suspected as much.

Guile said:
I still want to get back to it, but I am seriously blocked on the next update. White Snake Sage just isn't speaking to me.
The look of the fellow says Bingo-Playing Sharp-Tongued Gossipy Hen to me. Dunno if that helps.

FurikoMaru said:
The look of the fellow says Bingo-Playing Sharp-Tongued Gossipy Hen to me. Dunno if that helps.
Alas, the issue with making like 30 snake OCs: I already have a gossipy hen gambler type snake, he's called Uwabura.

Guile said:

And the questers never picked the options for investigating the writings of the Second Hokage that would have unlocked Edo Tensei. That still could have gotten fun with the renewed friendship with Tsunade and Jiraiya, since he could resurrect guys like Dan and Sakumo in exchange for a few measly POWs. You could have gotten Tsunade bringing them to you by the cartload with a little work.

I still enjoyed running that quest a lot, but alas for missed chances.

We could have had so many wonderful things, if we could have just stopped trying to be decent people.

Hymn of Ragnarok said:
We could have had so many wonderful things, if we could have just stopped trying to be decent people.
If that isn't a fucked up moral for the story, I don't know what is.

Can we make a pact that no one in this thread is to call anyone else fucked up or evil for making evil or fucked up suggestions? Maybe that'd loosen people up.

FurikoMaru said:
Can we make a pact that no one in this thread is to call anyone else fucked up or evil for making evil or fucked up suggestions? Maybe that'd loosen people up.

Sounds good to me.

I'm cool with that. To that end, I did have a darker version of the write in that I posted earlier, assuming no one minds.

[X] Shikamaru and Choji are going to be the best of friends. That way it will be so much more heartbreaking and devastating for the former to either fail to save, or better yet, be forced to kill the latter. Being Hokage would be swell, but you've got bigger plans, you need to find a way to Heaven. That being said though, having the power without needing to have the position sounds absolutely perfect, so what better to do than to make a hero with a tragic back-story and enough skill to be a laudable candidate ... while at the same time ensuring that they are more than willing to cater to your whims when you come calling?

Start while they're young, and never, ever stop.

Hymn of Ragnarok said:
adopting orphans en masse

didn't we choose not to do those things because they were incredibly stupid? rather than for any moral reason?

I mean, I'm all for playing an immoral character, but if everyone AROUND your character isn't immoral, then you need to play nice (when people are watching) or you get the chop.

Reactions: Dio
Hymn of Ragnarok said:

eh, I don't remember the edo tensei stuff, but as for anko, didn't we go back and find her because she's an awesome character that we wanted to see more of, rather than moral reasons?

I keep seeing this on SB, people complaining that "SB white-knights to much" and so on, but most of our actions just seem like we are trying to avoid the "moronic Evil" alignment, like pissing off the only three people in your village who pose a threat to you (two other sannin and the boss) or not ignoring the apprentice.

I mean, "a few dozen updates" really?

did anyone actually expect us to forget about her for that long? even if she wasn't one of the most entertaining character in that quest (and she was) I'm sure she would have come up eventually.

edit: oops doublepost.

I haven't gotten that far into JoJo yet, but is there any way Dio could somehow make Choji choke to death? Cause that would be fun.

luckybreak91 said:
I haven't gotten that far into JoJo yet, but is there any way Dio could somehow make Choji choke to death? Cause that would be fun.

Ninja kids are pretty durable. It'd be hard to make it look like an accident. And all the Akimichi are masters of the chakra equivalent of the Heimlich.

Honestly I'm in favour of just ignoring him and feigning politeness. I don't really think that We, Dio would actually bother to go out of his way to help him, but at the same time, drawing attention to our glorious self by harming him would be too much of a hassle. We continue to be generically polite to him without getting too invested, while inwardly hoping he actually becomes interesting or chokes to death on some food or something.

Seriously, kid's too much effort to make useful, and too much of a hassle to dispose of right now.

Reactions: Dio
I want to kill him, but I can't think of a way to do it without getting caught.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back