• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

One Rabid Fox changes the Succession Wars [A Battletech Isekai]

not sure the gauss rifles would be available for the furys but.....even if not they're a solid command tank and i'm sure you could put a PPC and some LRMs in its place for the time being.
'
I direct you to the earlier comment, though you're correct a ppc and lrms would be fine for L1,

"What do you mean they aren't star league gauss rifles how would you know that? I'm making them on Bristol aren't I?"

i still don't get the idea of a tank even a command tank that has a fusion engine in it but fails to use the heatsinks.
from a strictly fluff perspective I pretend Gauss rifles need fusion engines or power capicitors to power even though the canon rules don't say that

but also that gets into man portable gauss also being a thing so you know its just a weird thing. I mean maybe its a 65 kph was the requirement for the tender the hegemony issued so it had to have a fusion engine to meet the requirements plus the gauss and armor needs, maybe pitban was getting kickbacks but yeah

Honestly I maintain much like the cyclops it pays way way too much to get its 4/6 speed. Albeit as a tank it does make some sense there's no xl engine. The cyclops doesn't given its intended use.

Honestly I maintain much like the cyclops it pays way way too much to get its 4/6 speed. Albeit as a tank it does make some sense there's no xl engine. The cyclops doesn't given its intended use.
wait, there is no XL engine for tanks during the Star League or there isn't one in canon period?

wait, there is no XL engine for tanks during the Star League or there isn't one in canon period?
The Alacorn has one as does the royal von luckner. Just not the fury which as a mass produced command tank going into regular army service makes sense.

Albeit the alacorn for some reason is also a sldf regular tank

The Alacorn has one as does the royal von luckner. Just not the fury which as a mass produced command tank going into regular army service makes sense.

Albeit the alacorn for some reason is also a sldf regular tank
Was making sure I wasn't losing my mind there for a minute

So yeah that doesn't make sense since the alacorn is from the 26th century and the Fury is two generations later roughly like its a newer tank it should have an XL engine... IDK. Watch catalyst go no tanks can't have XL engines any more for reasons

Was making sure I wasn't losing my mind there for a minute

So yeah that doesn't make sense since the alacorn is from the 26th century and the Fury is two generations later roughly like its a newer tank it should have an XL engine... IDK. Watch catalyst go no tanks can't have XL engines any more for reasons
Too many tanks with XL engines at this point. The no DHS and 50% heavier engines for random reasons rule is the real limiter on tanks at this point

Too many tanks with XL engines at this point. The no DHS and 50% heavier engines for random reasons rule is the real limiter on tanks at this point
I was making a joke about watch them make a stupid ruling that makes no sense joke not necessarily a serious comment, but yeah thats true.

Not sure how you secretly turn on a factory mind you since you need a lot of raw materials to make it work. Not to mention it's a storage facility not a factory. That was above it and ate a few nukes.

Also occurs to me due to no hands or lower arms the nighthawk for sure will be worse than the wolfhound at mech fu

Not sure how you secretly turn on a factory mind you since you need a lot of raw materials to make it work. Not to mention it's a storage facility not a factory. That was above it and ate a few nukes.

Also occurs to me due to no hands or lower arms the nighthawk for sure will be worse than the wolfhound at mech fu
You know that, and I know that, and maybe ComStar has the records to suggest that (but even then...)

What is more likely to be believed Magic? or that Jolassa moved its valuable metal underground and that Henry is just reactivating all the tooling as the center piece to his new duchy in a couple years. AND what I mean by this is that Henry intends to use the essence to turn Jombasa's bristol facility into a black box manufacturing plant with factory units doing the automated heavy lifting for things like armor, 320 engines, gauss rifles and of course turning out tanks, like the Fury, in addition to other products from the safety of the underground

Last edited:
Hmmm the FE 320 well I suppose you could look into the thug or yet more Victor's as a option rather than just Fury spam. Well or the Goliath if you like quads I suppose. Technically the Zeus is available as well as would be the Slayer or the PPC armed expy I've posted. Albeit of those the Zeus would get Defiance pissed which is a bad idea for living and the slayer is the definition of meh.

I suppose the warlord and rifleman IIC are technically also options if you want to really make things obvious on the lostech side of things.

Hmmm the FE 320 well I suppose you could look into the thug or yet more Victor's as a option rather than just Fury spam. Well or the Goliath if you like quads I suppose. Technically the Zeus is available as well as would be the Slayer or the PPC armed expy I've posted. Albeit of those the Zeus would get Defiance pissed which is a bad idea for living and the slayer is the definition of meh.

I suppose the warlord and rifleman IIC are technically also options if you want to really make things obvious on the lostech side of things.
Thugs, because I like them are on the list.

I think I've said that already, but yeah I really like the Thug

Mind you even if looking at main model of the thug it really needs more dakka and less heat sinks. Or if royal grade a light engine to allow for more dakka and still probably dropping 2 heat sinks.

Mind you even if looking at main model of the thug it really needs more dakka and less heat sinks. Or if royal grade a light engine to allow for more dakka and still probably dropping 2 heat sinks.
Non serious: "What do you mean its a little small its a seventy ton mech?"

Lyransocial general: "dont' you have anything bigger?

"If I hand you eighty tonner -"

"SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!"

So....how related to the otl Cataphract specs wise is the primary caraphract design? I don't think we've seem eithers specs.

Also as related to the Fury tooling unless the stuff added is well old someone will probably be able to tell the difference in due time

You got it, because I never understood putting medium lsers rear facing... especially given the capellan doctrine,
Probably lost a heatsink to get that Ammo. Which isn't perfect nor is the Ammo detonation chance but it's not that bad and you can just eject the Ammo if the armor gets low and better location of the ammo with the AC-10 can help provide some crit padding for the Ammo.

A lot of AC designs in introtech don't do crit padding of the Ammo with the gun come to think of it. Most notably the hunchback which would be vastly better if that was the case

Probably lost a heatsink to get that Ammo. Which isn't perfect nor is the Ammo detonation chance but it's not that bad and you can just eject the Ammo if the armor gets low and better location of the ammo with the AC-10 can help provide some crit padding for the Ammo.
yeah, but honestly yes it runs warm, but you don't have jump jets on the standard model, you kind of need that second ton of ammo, and the ppc is principally going to be long range since its a standard PPC. Is it optimal, not necessarily but twenty rounds of AC 10 is better than just 10 and unless you absolutely charge forward you'll be using the PPC and AC10 at range before you close, and then go to AC 10 and mediums... admittedly yes at close range there are risks, but /thats my logic

yeah, but honestly yes it runs warm, but you don't have jump jets on the standard model, you kind of need that second ton of ammo, and the ppc is principally going to be long range since its a standard PPC. Is it optimal, not necessarily but twenty rounds of AC 10 is better than just 10 and unless you absolutely charge forward you'll be using the PPC and AC10 at range before you close, and then go to AC 10 and mediums... admittedly yes at close range there are risks, but /thats my logic
Honestly provided you aren't alpha striking and do bracket firing the heat is manageable if you turn off a medium laser or two every now and again.
And yeah for a non table top setting where you aren't stuck in a limited area and often will be fighting for a long time that extra Ammo is going to be needed and the risks are manageable via toros twisting and postioning to have enemy fire more often than not hit the less important side and via ye olde Ammo ejection if needed.

Last edited:
Well or the Goliath if you like quads I suppose.
I don't know why but I keep randomly rolling goliaths when I randomly generate lists. I am beginning to think it is my spirit mech... I like it fine but it isn't that common on the tables I roll but whenever I roll assaults it is either the goliath or a striker which is another 80 ton mech that uses a 320 engine.

https://www.sarna.net/wiki/Striker_(BattleMech)
PPC, AC-5, Large Laser, 3x Medium Lasers as well. Steiner variant is PPC, AC-10, 3 Medium Lasers. fun mech. slightly awkward for heat and range though. 15 singles is painful when you try and throw a PPC and a large laser on the same mech. Steiner variant fixes that though with competent bracketing.

You got it, because I never understood putting medium lsers rear facing... especially given the capellan doctrine,
Shout out to the quickdraw who not only has rear facing weapons but also a quirk that lets it fire both arms behind it instead of just one. it is just as dangerous forward and back. still squishy, short ranged, prone to scattering damage, and has heat issues. I want the drugs the designers had access to. they had some of the good shit.

I totally forgot about the striker. Albeit I'm not the biggest fan of its introtech form but it does have serious upgrade potential. Also a amazing mech for the 3rd SW with its easy to maintain quirk

Sakhara 3.7
Sakhara 3.7
Alexandria rolled her eyes as her cousin recounted the exchange... she wasn't surprised per se... right now Clay was maneuvering a BattleMech through the course. The seventy ton Longsword had a versatility to it, its jump jets flaring and lifting the Heavy BattleMech over a barricade and a crater as its torso articulated slightly to bring the medium lasers into the exposed targets. This one wasn't nearly the eye sore of the high contrast orange and white of the machines delivered to New Avalon and was more muted, it was still a reddish hue but more in line with the naturally iron rich sands that predominated skahara's sea of dunes.

In another ninety seconds it was over, the scoring boards populating with a clean course clearance, and the Longsword stood down to disembark between two large, by hovercraft standards, fifty tonners carry massive class twenty autocannons.

The tankers must have had something that needed his attention, because he didn't immediately come over.

"I don't think he noticed how quickly his technicians work, certainly not on New Avalon," Admittedly parts had been sourced locally but it had taken the various techs a week or just over working around the clock in order to provide the demonstration designs... the 70 ton Longswords had been brought and presumably, she had to assume there had been some spare parts it was one of Clay's DropShips and it had been his JumpShips that had carried them... but regardless the machines demonstrated on New Avalon had been put together quickly, and with such rapidity that it might as well have served as secrecy. "So you're right," She was still dancing around the matter of the growing form in orbit. The Shipyard was 'visible' in hte sense it was basically a new star in the heavens above Sakhara now, you could see the light reflected off of it in the night's sky.

She knew what they were but while some of of the other students probably hadn't quite put it together, but it was only a matter of time before the revelation. She dreaded it. She dreaded it more than the once the tongues started wagging about BattleMech production... because while there was prestige in the production, in a family own the production of BattleMechs, there could be no interstellar trade without JumpShips that ferried cargo between star systems across the light years...

Justin was already turning, "So what are those?"

"Atropos, mobile assault guns," They were relatively expensive Henry would, at least internally, admit, Mech expensive in BV terms since they were clan technology, but they incorporated no XL fusion engines... and were built around a single large assault auto cannon... though in their configuration those were Ultra Autocannons not standards or LBXs. Of course, being in a ground vehicle, the autocannon's heat management was much easier, and thus managing that increased rate of fire was much easier. "Don't worry about them, there were just some concerns that the Combine might decide to show up. Its a fairly decent protection for the factories." and with that Henry waved away the issue of the hover tanks, the name Zhukov as a series of tactical doctrines and equipment procurement wouldn't appear in Sakharan Curriculum for several more years... and as an objective action against the Combine.... and nominally, officially the combine would profess that... the shipyards at Sakhara had nothing to do with the first of those attacks.

"The last time you said not to worry-"

"Its more likely you'll fight the Cluster's MechWarriors than these," He replied, which was true, Justin's concern was valid, but it didn't change the fact he had held the F 77 back from excercises as well, and the Atropos could pass for just a large angry hover car unless it happened to actually have to shoot, and even then, you could override the safeties on normal autocannons and increase the rate of fire it just raised the issue of jamming... "and that will be later in the new year when the old men get here, so don't sweat it." No it was both of them who didn't look convinced, so Henry just shrugged.

--
Officially Sakhara presented it students with written exams, but so much of the course work was self study, that the marks were generated over the process of drawing diagrams or writing reports. It was subjective,, but also focused on reflective summaries of actions. The question of where had something gone wrong in an exercise, or gone right in some cases.

And while it had been less important given the age of cadets, even during the Star League era there had been expectations of where in the social hierarchy of 27th​ century Inner Sphere status cadets had stood in, and that meant accommodations for the upcoming winter holidays.

What Henry really expected was that due to his ... unique circumstances his own evaluations were Coleridge watching and observing how he handled the other cadets and his summaries of their summaries ... and maybe how he planned the deployment of his own troops. The truth was he already had a reputation.. not the jumpships, but the havoc wreaked upon the sword of light. There was actually a standing order from the Chancellor, the actual commandant of the academy, prohibiting challenges err 'exchanges of pointers' in mechs simply because it would have been too likely to cause a ruckus on campus.

The vice chancellor had wanted to circumvent that during the Robinson visit, but he'd been denied that request. That wasn't likely to change given the planned endowment of new aerospace fighters to the college responsible for their training, as well as contributions of Demolishers, and Shreks to the armor school. Admittedly that might have seemed a little premature, generally such endowments were done by alumni but ... well he held the feudatory rights as count of Sakhara and it made sense... it was a hell of a Christmas gift though.

He made a brief notation on his palm pilot sized handheld as Justin tossed the duffle to one side. "I think that's everything," He remarked, "My dress uniform is in a garment bag already," which was admittedly probably where it spent most of the year since the cadets were responsible for that uniform but it was so infrequently worn having it stores away was the norm.

"Is that what you plan on wearing?"

"I mean yeah," Justin replied to his question, prompting a long suffering sigh from Alexandria as she looked at her cousin and his simple plain travel bag. He started to defend the position but they all decided to just allow the conversation to drop. There was little to hash out, the Prince's Honors were likely to be unique this year... and the truth was that there were other rumors starting to make their way around the Davion campus.

The Federated Suns still expected that Ian Davion would do his duty and eventually marry and sire a legitimate heir, but in the absence of any movement on that front, the gazette had gone out announcing that Hanse Davion and his wife Dana Stephenson were expecting the birth of their first child in the near future, which helped to insure the royal house of the Federated Suns and the stability of the Realm at large.

It was a serious announcement one which overshadowed the variety of expected awards, and recognition for service to the Davion state, such would include military as well as civilian contributions including those of the civil service. It was to be the announcement which was to hold everyone's attention for as they moved into the last month of the year.

--
Notes: Short, and we're proceeding forward. I had planned to update EWSG tomorrow but that may not be the case due to scheduling issues.

Last edited:
Oh certainly but Alexandria is expecting to getting all dolled up for what is the more or less high point of FedSun social calendar
I suppose dudes have a advantage given they only really have the tux or dress uniform as options. Well that and Justin might get given a tux by his on NA and high up in MIIO father when he arrives.

On another note how interested are you in some clan buster designs I have laying around?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back