• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

One Rabid Fox changes the Succession Wars [A Battletech Isekai]

Well I'll let you in a dirty secret. The reason why there's the Martell laser equipped mechs is that they're the ones not really designed with the fedsuns specially in mind and thus they use the most common medium laser in the inner sphere.
As for the mix of PPCs it's basically down to PPCs not being too common so I alternated between the 3 most common PPCs in the inner sphere.

On another note there's a reason I like the 255. Mostly that's it's ideal for 3/5/3 assaults since that's the last time you have 1 ton jumpjets. which means that you don't gain any available new Tonnage or for that matter crits till you hit 95 tons. Of course stuff like the emperor or highlander are still solid designs.
Speaking of the emperor or at least the age of war variant that's another design that shouldn't be too hard to make given the suns have FE 270 production and Starcorps has a plant at croton. Also applies to the introtech highlanders as well. Assuming tooling can be made available along with spare 270 engine production.

Oh and I would classify the Sentry as a striker it's a tad too slow for that. It much like it's in the proper lore cousins the actual Sentry and the Watchman fit more in the Skirmisher category. Mind you the mech role list in BT is....limited and confusing since a lot of mechs fit in multiple roles due to them being so bloody broad. Like the Warhammer and Marauder can be brawlers or snipers and basically any mech can technically be a brawler or Skirmisher.

On another note do you need MML using variants for at least some these designs? Because that can be done. I also have a MML Battlemaster lying around as well just to tease poor Hanse.

While the Shadow Hawk 2F is the most dull upgrade of all the designs its arguably the most immediately useful since if nothing else it's something that all the godamm 2D Shadow Hawks can be refited into(and the suns as per the xtol tables have a lot of them somehow) rather than being a mech which has such terrible armor a fair few lights have more while it has 4 ammo bombs on board.The 2F actually increases the up close punch to boot compared to that death trap. Or at most assuming the AC-5 is firing till the last second losing all of 1 max up close damage assuming its being used as a bracket fighter. Also readily upgradable with MMLs albeit for the sake of not cooking the mech it would probably be best if it was either 2 MMLs 3s or 1MML 7 with the remaining mass put into armor. Can do 3 3s but it will be running hot albeit not horribly so by succession wars standards.

Huh. Just realized that the alecto and Warden could simply be variants of the same design. If fairly different ones. But wider variants have existed in BT

Also...ROM has to be freaking the hell out right about now if not sooner.

Edit: geez I made this a long post and a hard to respond to one at that sorry about that everyone

Last edited:
Why do I suddenly get the feeling the first large units Henry pulls out will have to be deployed into the Capellan March?
Ehhh. I'll note that this was a canonical problem with Michael. The difference was that Hanse basically told him to go get his ass back to work as lord of the capellan march

Michael canonicaly was also a very bad lord. He also had a serious problem in thag he blamed every issue on someone else and eventually when he believed he wasn't getting his due tried to plot full on treason. He was a total ass.

Michael canonicaly was also a very bad lord. He also had a serious problem in thag he blamed every issue on someone else and eventually when he believed he wasn't getting his due tried to plot full on treason. He was a total ass.
The treason bit he pulled was especially dumb since among other things it hindered production of the glorious suburban mech. Oh and probably was a big factor in Melissa not being betrothed to Morgan but instead to Hanse directly shooting Michael's plans in the foot as Morgan was Hansen's heir.

Also a interesting bit of apocryphal lore as related to this not super canon design.
https://www.sarna.net/wiki/Mite
Mainly over 1000 Hermes 100 engines and lots of equipment to work on them located on the planet of June(yes the same world that one day in canon would be the revived periphery march captial. Given the 100 is at mass wise the same as the FE 90....well that's a lot of suburban mech refit kits and/or engines to train new fusion engine techs on. Oh and that equipment is probably rather useful as well.
Well and I suppose they notionally can go into the Hornet as well. Albeit the Hornet is the definition of a best used as a training mech design or it would be if it had hands!

Last edited:
Hah, poor Hanse. The 340 doesn't really lend much to other units, with only other one using it being the 4/6 Longbow, meaning it doesn't meld with Henry's preference. At least the 255, like the 275 for the 55-tonners, has multiple designs for use in its weight class, and as proper assaults rather than overweight heavies.

Huh, I wonder what's GM's problem. From what I understand, the Marauder II was made with their agreement, if not an outright joint venture with Blackwell. Is it just that they want to keep a monopoly on its production?

MHD being MHD I see, but with less power as compared to canon so he's more sulky than smug.

Unless they've changed canon recently ie shrapnel I don't think gm is even involved or potentially know of the marauder 2 in canon by 3015 and the gm Blackwell partnership only starts after the helm core or later
will have to check

Unless they've changed canon recently ie shrapnel I don't think gm is even involved or potentially know of the marauder 2 in canon by 3015 and the gm Blackwell partnership only starts after the helm core or later
will have to check
It was a trade I think, it's mentioned in House Davion that in exchange for helping revive GM's lines on New Valencia they would produce the Marauder II for the Dragoons, though I suppose they didn't exactly give the date on when that happened nor when it is compared to the time Blackwell started making it.

Well I'll let you in a dirty secret. The reason why there's the Martell laser equipped mechs is that they're the ones not really designed with the fedsuns specially in mind and thus they use the most common medium laser in the inner sphere.
As for the mix of PPCs it's basically down to PPCs not being too common so I alternated between the 3 most common PPCs in the inner sphere.

On another note there's a reason I like the 255. Mostly that's it's ideal for 3/5/3 assaults since that's the last time you have 1 ton jumpjets. which means that you don't gain any available new Tonnage or for that matter crits till you hit 95 tons. Of course stuff like the emperor or highlander are still solid designs.
Speaking of the emperor or at least the age of war variant that's another design that shouldn't be too hard to make given the suns have FE 270 production and Starcorps has a plant at croton. Also applies to the introtech highlanders as well. Assuming tooling can be made available along with spare 270 engine production.

Oh and I would classify the Sentry as a striker it's a tad too slow for that. It much like it's in the proper lore cousins the actual Sentry and the Watchman fit more in the Skirmisher category. Mind you the mech role list in BT is....limited and confusing since a lot of mechs fit in multiple roles due to them being so bloody broad. Like the Warhammer and Marauder can be brawlers or snipers and basically any mech can technically be a brawler or Skirmisher.

On another note do you need MML using variants for at least some these designs? Because that can be done. I also have a MML Battlemaster lying around as well just to tease poor Hanse.

While the Shadow Hawk 2F is the most dull upgrade of all the designs its arguably the most immediately useful since if nothing else it's something that all the godamm 2D Shadow Hawks can be refited into(and the suns as per the xtol tables have a lot of them somehow) rather than being a mech which has such terrible armor a fair few lights have more while it has 4 ammo bombs on board.The 2F actually increases the up close punch to boot compared to that death trap. Or at most assuming the AC-5 is firing till the last second losing all of 1 max up close damage assuming its being used as a bracket fighter. Also readily upgradable with MMLs albeit for the sake of not cooking the mech it would probably be best if it was either 2 MMLs 3s or 1MML 7 with the remaining mass put into armor. Can do 3 3s but it will be running hot albeit not horribly so by succession wars standards.

Huh. Just realized that the alecto and Warden could simply be variants of the same design. If fairly different ones. But wider variants have existed in BT

Also...ROM has to be freaking the hell out right about now if not sooner.

Edit: geez I made this a long post and a hard to respond to one at that sorry about that everyone

I think it's good to have some parts not be completely domestic but rather ubiquitous, makes it better to trade with friendly states and makes salvage still be useful for spare parts. True, if the Shad-2D just sacrificed the AC or the LRM rather than armor it'd be easier to swallow as an ambusher, they went the wrong way trying to get that or a brawler presumably to try and keep its versatility but with its paper armor I think the pilots would prefer being able to survive doing it's main job instead. Even the justification of a stronger alpha strike only helps a bit considering the minimum range penalties. Your -2F can do that just as well on close range while still being a generalist, so kudos to that.

Last edited:
Hah, poor Hanse. The 340 doesn't really lend much to other units, with only other one using it being the 4/6 Longbow, meaning it doesn't meld with Henry's preference. At least the 255, like the 275 for the 55-tonners, has multiple designs for use in its weight class, and as proper assaults rather than overweight heavies.

Huh, I wonder what's GM's problem. From what I understand, the Marauder II was made with their agreement, if not an outright joint venture with Blackwell. Is it just that they want to keep a monopoly on its production?

MHD being MHD I see, but with less power as compared to canon so he's more sulky than smug.
There's a couple other designs that use the 340 like the Raiper but they're not exactly common.

Looks at the suns military industrial complex again....well looks like I need to get more ASF designs done. All of 3 (maybe 4 if sakhara is making stingrays and deathstalkers) places make ASFs and of those 2 are on or near the borders. Also probably need more tank production but I suppose theirs probably a lot more AFV production than is notionally mentioned but at smaller plants. If nothing else any medium or light AFV that isn't fusion powered plus at least missile carriers is probably something any major or minor capital or industrialized world can make if not directly listed.
Either way I need to start posting ASF designs(of wjicj. Well at least here the suns have a decently rational engine usage of just 4 types. FE 225 (a lot of are arguably wasted in conventional aircraft and should instead be used in mechs or ASFs), the FE 240 FE 200 and FE 300 with a couple more added post Helm.
Alas they no long make the centurion ASF design and exchanged it for a fair inferior Saber license. (I like the centurion even it needed some upgrades since its tough and well armed for a interceptor. Well that and the Saber is a drac design while the centurion was a suns design which is now only made in lyran space). Still could worse the suns do make a solid ASF lineup in their late 3rd SW production lineup which canonically is the Saber, sparrowhawk, lighting, corsair, hellcat, eagle, stuka, and thunderbird and probably assorted spare parts for captured capellan and combine birds along with stuff like the centurion that is not longer in native production
There are some holes but it's not nearly as bad as what most of the other states have. Certainly other than lower than ideal production numbers it's something that isn't as big of a problem as the terrible lack of assault and heavy mech production and basically everything Shipyard related albeit those 2 ate being worked on.

Last edited:
There's a couple other designs that use the 340 like the Raiper but they're not exactly common.
The only ones I could find pre-4SW outside of those two and the Rapier are Clan designs: the Marauder IIC and the Xerxes?

Why do I suddenly get the feeling the first large units Henry pulls out will have to be deployed into the Capellan March?
*whistles innocently*

I don't know what you mean
I'm betting on a Comstar-supported Capellan offensive. Com* got burned a few years ago supplying pirates and that also showed them they're not up to snuff for overt "pirate" actions, and they'd likely drop a nuke on McGirk and his group rather than give them a nudge. With MHD dawdling around New Avalon any demand by him better have Ian stipulating he go with the units, and I don't think Michael's gonna let go of his ambitions that easily. The only other thing I can think of is the phone company leaking the developments going on and/or the source of such to the Liaos and triggering an early McCarron's Long March.

That reminds me is there a list of which designs got showed off?

Looks at the suns military industrial complex again....well looks like I need to get more ASF designs done. All of 3 (maybe 4 if sakhara is making stingrays and deathstalkers) places make ASFs and of those 2 are on or near the borders. Also probably need more tank production but I suppose theirs probably a lot more AFV production than is notionally mentioned but at smaller plants. If nothing else any medium or light AFV that isn't fusion powered plus at least missile carriers is probably something any major or minor capital or industrialized world can make if not directly listed.
Either way I need to start posting ASF designs(of wjicj. Well at least here the suns have a decently rational engine usage of just 4 types. FE 225 (a lot of are arguably wasted in conventional aircraft and should instead be used in mechs or ASFs), the FE 240 FE 200 and FE 300 with a couple more added post Helm.
Alas they no long make the centurion ASF design and exchanged it for a fair inferior Saber license. (I like the centurion even it needed some upgrades since its tough and well armed for a interceptor. Well that and the Saber is a drac design while the centurion was a suns design which is now only made in lyran space). Still could worse the suns do make a solid ASF lineup in their late 3rd SW production lineup which canonically is the Saber, sparrowhawk, lighting, corsair, hellcat, eagle, stuka, and thunderbird and probably assorted spare parts for captured capellan and combine birds along with stuff like the centurion that is not longer in native production
There are some holes but it's not nearly as bad as what most of the other states have. Certainly other than lower than ideal production numbers it's something that isn't as big of a problem as the terrible lack of assault and heavy mech production and basically everything Shipyard related albeit those 2 ate being worked on.

Niche to be filled a 60ton fast ASF with a FE300 engine keep engine sizes to a manageable level for quartermaster. Plus will be able to outturn anything but interceptors, with enough armor to make the fast-flash ASF jocks cry. 2 or 3 ML covering the rear arc. A large laser for range and whatever ML you can fit on the forward arc.

Shadow Hawk F is also a good example of a easy MML conversion option

Niche to be filled a 60ton fast ASF with a FE300 engine keep engine sizes to a manageable level for quartermaster. Plus will be able to outturn anything but interceptors, with enough armor to make the fast-flash ASF jocks cry. 2 or 3 ML covering the rear arc. A large laser for range and whatever ML you can fit on the forward arc.
and/or something using the FE 240 at 40 tons for that role. also given all the captured, salvaged, or purchased designs that aren't made in the suns the quartermaster corps already has a lot of "fun" hell the suns have for example enough chippewas to have their own variant

Last edited:
I'm betting on a Comstar-supported Capellan offensive. Com* got burned a few years ago supplying pirates and that also showed them they're not up to snuff for overt "pirate" actions, and they'd likely drop a nuke on McGirk and his group rather than give them a nudge. With MHD dawdling around New Avalon any demand by him better have Ian stipulating he go with the units, and I don't think Michael's gonna let go of his ambitions that easily. The only other thing I can think of is the phone company leaking the developments going on and/or the source of such to the Liaos and triggering an early McCarron's Long March.

Problem is, Comstar doesn't have a huge amount of support to be tossing around at this point. They might poke and prod, but I doubt they'd be able to twist things enough to trigger THAT overt of a response from the Capellans at this time. Considering the focus is on Marik space at this time, in combination with both Hanse and Ian being alive, Comstar will have to play this very carefully.

Also, Clay himself will soon be deploying sufficient firepower that he could actually RESPOND to any real overt action. Which could get downright hilarious.

Had a thought related to the falchion. I could pull 2 of the 4 flammers for 3 MGs and a half ton of ammo to improve its melee/brawling capabilities albeit not sure. Either option could work

Problem is, Comstar doesn't have a huge amount of support to be tossing around at this point. They might poke and prod, but I doubt they'd be able to twist things enough to trigger THAT overt of a response from the Capellans at this time. Considering the focus is on Marik space at this time, in combination with both Hanse and Ian being alive, Comstar will have to play this very carefully.

Also, Clay himself will soon be deploying sufficient firepower that he could actually RESPOND to any real overt action. Which could get downright hilarious.
True, support is too strong a word for what I was thinking of, that implies continuous meddling on espionage and/or communications or outright supplying equipment. I guess nudge would be more appropriate. Even then the raids from the Suns haven't ramped up yet, so there's little reason for a major response before the 3020s other than if the fight between Candace and Justin goes wildly different, killing or capturing the heir of the CC. I suppose the AFFS could be fielding the new units in the Capellan March for battlefield testing on the raids.

New Avalon 1.9
New Avalon 1.9
Alexandria looked at the twenty mechs.

She hadn't been privy of course to discussions regarding the shipyard matter. All talk of that had, must have occurred behind closed doors but the public spectacle had been the Battlemech demonstration. It hadn't escaped her that hey would be leaving soon, and then it would be a rapid series of jumps through the circuit back to Sakhara.

The dozen heavy battlemechs stood out, Henry ignored them though, "The Fusilier might be worth it for what we plan on doing, they seem to have some interest, no," He said to the other man beside him, "I like the trebuchet fine, and I understand the faster speed is to disengage but using a standard engine with the Centurion provides certain advantages." The talk continued missiles, and engines and such, and something about mass production.

Then something about how the lawyers would be busy, and how Blackwell would be needing to make an appearance on New Avalon. The exact situation eluded her, but then that had proven par the course at the sudden confusing situation. They would be here, and then they would be back at Sakhara, and she would still be no where close to explaining to her family exactly how she had become involved in this, or what this was.

"We must do this again sometime." The First Prince declared, he was vibrant and exuberant, and in a way reminded her surprisingly of her cousin Justin. He was more energetic than Henry was who really was more like the other Fox in the room. There was the same kind of energy to their demeanor... just that there was the age gap.

The first prince remained animated, highlight the ability of the command circuit to make such visits feasible.

"The Cataphract next time." The First Prince insisted, to which Henry replied that they were still working on the design. "And speaking of next time, with the circuit being established, you really must come for the holiday bash." The invitation hadn't been something Alexandria had expected , apparently neither had Yvonne either though she reasserted herself much more quickly.

Alexandria wondered how familiar Clay actually was with the notion of the New Years Prince's Honors which would open and be published the gazette for New Avalon and be read across the Federated Suns over the first couple months of the year by high society. Probably not very, it didn't seem at all the sort of thing that the still only recently created Count of Sakhara would pay heed to, especially when so much of his time seemed consumed by other matters.

The Duke of Robinson intervened before she could speak up, insuring the First Prince did get the answer he wanted in all of this, and that they would all receive invitations even if invitations was more of a formality, not receiving an invitation would have been a serious indication of the 1st​ Prince's displeasure to a member of the aristocracy and Alexandria hd never heard of a case where the current First Prince had pointedly not sent a head of house an invitation...

... but that wasn't what the First Prince had said; they would all receive invitations even though Lord Aaron, and Henry likely would have received them anyway.
--
There hadn't been much time on New Avalon to do much. They had arrived done some wining and dining but largely they had spent the time at Avalon's military academy, and he had received assurances that there would be federal support for his projects, and that Hanse would make it happen...

... which probably wasn't fare to Hanse being volunteered like that by his brother.

It did also convey the seriousness with which the Prince was taking this. Hanse well, there was a discretionary military budget and House Stephenson was supposed to be visiting Robinson soon and presumably Lord Aaron would talk to them, with or without Ian and something would go on. The Centurion would help pad out the Chasseurs rank and improve their combat effectiveness, and so forth and so on.

Henry didn't really care what unit in the DMM or even the AFFS received the first production orders just so long as they were being used to improve the defensive readiness of the realm against the Combine... and thus potentially better shore up the Federated Suns against the Clans if they came a knocking.

He put aside the paperwork, "I didn't realize the Two Delta," Shadow Hawk, "Was so abundant," especially given that the Federated suns didn't produce the mech, and given its limitations. The best option would be to market the Two F system as an overhaul. They didn't plan to go further than that at this stage, but not without being able to insure there was going to be adoption. The other alternative was to try and persuade units to trade in 2D Shadow Hawks for new production Centurions for the sake of uniformity... but he doubted that would go over especially well right now either ... they needed to build up their reputation first.

That included the Cataphract, which they hadn't brought here. Then of course there were other designs. Never mind the matter of non BattleMech production, nor of spare parts.

The report on the 5th​ Davion Guards RCT was in front of him courtesy of Yvonne. He suspected somehow or another that this step was to specifically bypass going through the Capellan March's own logistics bureaucracy.

He still personally thought the red white and blue striped parade paint was a bit much, but that wasn't particularly relevant, "They have integrated tanks, and are historically a medium weight unit,"

"They are." Yvonne tapped her pen, "I'm sure you'll have no shortage of opportunity to talk with the Chasseurs," New Ivaarsen, "You had stated to the Duke of Robinson that tanks were vastly less complicated than BattleMech production."

He had, and the truth was he was over exaggerating that after a fact, especially with regards to the involvement of Corean to justify putting the mech factory together, and also on other worlds. The supposed ... well the real benefits of relying on engineers being there from the very start of the factory was something he was exaggerating but it seemed the safer play than simply magiking up the mech lines without any help at all.

It was one thing to gather up mountains of parts and have the techs assemble things, factory production done properly should be producing more machines.

"Henry?"

"Hmm, oh yes in some cases an order of magnitude more economical than some battlemech options even fusion powered tanks are simpler, but if you are asking for something in large numbers it will have to be something running one of perhaps two standard engines."

"The 240."

"Then you are in luck," He replied, "There isn't really an impediment to rolling out tanks using the pitbans and I had already been talking about fusion engine refit packages being prepared for the Rangers," Robinson Rangers, particularly for the Partisans, but there were plenty he was looking at that he wasn't going to mention, "I intend to establish, to make so ubiquitous the parts in question that this extinction of certain systems is a thing that is gone." And a part of him was glad that Ian hadn't actually gone forward with giving him Bristol to 'fix' yet...

If she was skeptical that Robinson had the discretionary funding she didn't bring it up. The Federal Government of the Suns could afford the upfront costs of buying such tanks. That was what he was really banking on, because once there was money coming in he'd feel a lot better. Tanks first once production of BattleMechs were up and running that would be one thing.

She had other things to consider, "The 240 is the same engine for your proposed ASF production."

"The Stingray and F 77 designs required some degree of reworking for our need," The original swept wing 77 wasn't in production anywhere so far as he was aware, but the stingray was, he intended to get around that at market by using the 240 engine coupled with weaponry produced commonly in Davion Space, and other materials... but also by having the design feature via the essence the easy to pilot quirk.

He didn't expect it to be a problem, especially once they started arriving in numbers to market... and as for other models with better weapons for home use it would be easy to miss.

"Fusion engine production won't be an issue?"

"For the 240 no." He replied, it had been the first factory space for engines they had set up for, and those factory spaces didn't require personnel, though he wasn't going to advertise that. They were black box, all they needed was to feed resources in, and the engines would come out and be trucked to an assembly or distribution point for whatever they were going into. "We have the space, and tooling allocated to take the engines being built and put them into the housings needed for tanks, aircraft, or mechs." and he was banking on production volumes in the new year obfuscating his expanding air coverage for Sakhara and tanks while they waited for a response from Mountain Wolf, and whoever else talks needed to be conducted with regards to mechs.

I could have sworn I wrote up the fluff for the Fusilier to be a Achernar Product. Albeit Alternatively it legitimately could be a formalized design mocking up all those HBS missile centurion builds. If need be I can alter the fluff. On another note I wonder what the Capellans and Dracs are thinking about all the shiny new mech designs....

Also given the centurion and Shadow Hawk along with other calvary mechs have completely different roles from each other the odds are the centurion will never replace it and it's kin. Trooper mediums fundamentally are basically around as a cheaper alternative to heavy mechs in most situations. Which given the suns poor production of heavies it makes sense why they have so many trooper mediums.

Last edited:
I'm willing to bet the the Fed Suns and the other Great House militaries have experience rotating certain mech types off the line for refit or overhaul as the wars have dragged on, so there shouldn't be too much issue with the Shadow Hawks once the new model is proven.
The Longer it takes Clay and the other manufacturers to ramp up production the more I'm expecting a ComStar 'surprise'. Like McCarron miraculously reaching Sakhara or another manufacturing world.

Last edited:
I'm willing to bet the the Fed Suns and the other Great House militaries have experience rotating certain mech types off the line for refit or overhaul as the wars have dragged on, so there shouldn't be too much issue with the Shadow Hawks once the new model is proven.
The Longer it takes Clay and the other manufacturers to ramp up production the more I'm expecting a ComStar 'surprise'. Like McCarron miraculously reaching Sakharov or another manufacturing world.
Honestly it's not a factory level refit even just a major depot level one. Also I fully expect Shadow Hawk 2D pilots to be drooling over just about the same level of punch in a mech with 50% less ammo bomb chances, 2 more jump jets and one hell of a lot more armor. For the other Shadow Hawk variants it's a solid upgrade but for the 2D....it's a vast gulf.

Also given how godamm flimsy and full of ammo the 2D is I never got how the hell the suns have so many givne they don't have a native Shadow Hawk production site. Like if Caph still made Shadow Hawks I could buy it. Otherwise....not so much

Last edited:
Shogun, Alecto, Antares, Falchion, Sentry, Fusilier

Longsword, ShadowHawk, Centurion (with MML)
Huh, I just realized that since they only had Longswords in the cargo coming from Sakhara, Henry spawned/had his techs construct the other designs on New Avalon. No wonder Ian was calling them tech-wizards before, even assuming Henry was running them ragged, it doesn't change the fact that those are several new mech designs spanning across all four weight classes.

Hmm, I suppose the Rabid Fox will be a guest of honor this New Year, probably when Ian's planning to drop the new title/s on him as well. The 5th DG RCT on Spica, so Yvonne's doing him a favor and giving him a direct line to Justin's unit.​

Huh, I just realized that since they only had Longswords in the cargo coming from Sakhara, Henry spawned/had his techs construct the other designs on New Avalon. No wonder Ian was calling them tech-wizards before, even assuming Henry was running them ragged, it doesn't change the fact that those are several new mech designs spanning across all four weight classes.

Hmm, I suppose the Rabid Fox will be a guest of honor this New Year, probably when Ian's planning to drop the new title/s on him as well. The 5th DG RCT on Spica, so Yvonne's doing him a favor and giving him a direct line to Justin's unit.​
An event that will have Michael even more unreasonably upset to be sure

40MM MML Centurion

Forget tech wizards these dudes are miracle workers since they apparently didn't bring any tools or parts for them....which uhh yeah. That or they finished them elsewhere and shipped them to NA separately which might be a good idea in universe so people don't godamm notice magically appearing mechs including assaults since that would make NA security have a collective heart attack and also cause so many problems for Henry

edit: was that MML centurion using a PPC or a large laser as its main gun. need to know so I can maybe draw up its stats.

PPC MML Centurion
Mass:
50 tons
Chassis: Standard Biped
Power Plant: 200 Fusion
Cruising Speed: 43.2 kph
Maximum Speed: 64.8 kph
Armor: Standard
Armament:
1 PPC
1 MML 7
3 Medium Laser
1 Flamer
Communication System: Unknown
Targeting & Tracking System: Unknown
Introduction Year: 3145
Tech Rating/Availability: D/X-X-X-D
Cost: 3,582,250 C-bills
Type: MML Centurion
Technology Base: Inner Sphere (Standard)
Tonnage: 50
Battle Value: 1,102

Equipment

Mass

Internal Structure

Engine

200 Fusion

Walking MP:

Running MP:

Jumping MP:

Heat Sink:

Gyro:

Cockpit:

Armor Factor:

Internal
Structure

Armor
Value

Head

Center Torso

Center Torso (rear)

R/L Torso

R/L Torso (rear)

R/L Arm

R/L Leg

Weapons
and Ammo

Critical

Tonnage

Heat Sink

LL

2 Medium Laser

CT

Flamer

LA

MML 7 LRM Ammo (17)

LT

2 Heat Sink

LT

MML 7

LT

MML 7 SRM Ammo (14)

LT

Heat Sink

RL

Heat Sink

HD

Heat Sink

RA

Medium Laser

RA

PPC

RA

something like this for the PPC variant

LL MML Centurion
Mass:
50 tons
Armament:
3 MML 3
1 Large Laser
3 Medium Laser
1 Flamer

Cost: 3,717,250 C-bills
Type: LL MML Centurion
Battle Value: 1,124

Equipment

Mass

Internal Structure

Engine

200 Fusion

Walking MP:

Running MP:

Jumping MP:

Heat Sink:

Gyro:

Cockpit:

Armor Factor:

Internal
Structure

Armor
Value

Head

Center Torso

Center Torso (rear)

R/L Torso

R/L Torso (rear)

R/L Arm

R/L Leg

Weapons
and Ammo

Critical

Tonnage

Heat Sink

LL

Jump Jet

LL

2 Medium Laser

CT

Jump Jet

RT

Flamer

LA

2 Heat Sink

LT

Jump Jet

LT

3 MML 3

LT

MML 3 SRM Ammo (33)

LT

MML 3 LRM Ammo (40)

LT

Heat Sink

RL

Jump Jet

RL

Heat Sink

HD

Heat Sink

RA

Medium Laser

RA

Large Laser

RA

and something like this for the LL variant

In both cases I tried to balance the heat levels which resulted in different MML loadouts (1 MML-7 vs 3 MML 3s due to the heat difference in the PPC vs the LL albeit you could probably just use wise heat management to rock 3 MML 3s on the PPC Centurion) and in the case of the Large Laser one the saved mass gives it the jump jets that previously it lacked and the enforcer had which massively increases its versatility and mobility albeit still not to calvary medium mech levels. and no the fluff isn't there since its a centurion and we have the fluff for that elsewhere

Last edited:
Forget tech wizards these dudes are miracle workers since they apparently didn't bring any tools or parts for them....which uhh yeah. That or they finished them elsewhere and shipped them to NA separately which might be a good idea in universe so people don't godamm notice magically appearing mechs including assaults since that would make NA security have a collective heart attack and also cause so many problems for Henry

edit: was that MML centurion using a PPC or a large laser as its main gun. need to know so I can maybe draw up its stats.

PPC MML Centurion
Mass:
50 tons
Armament:
1 PPC
1 MML 7
3 Medium Laser
1 Flamer
Cost: 3,582,250 C-bills
Type: MML Centurion
Battle Value: 1,102

Equipment

Mass

Internal Structure

Engine

200 Fusion

Walking MP:

Running MP:

Jumping MP:

Heat Sink:

Gyro:

Cockpit:

Armor Factor:

Internal
Structure

Armor
Value

Head

Center Torso

Center Torso (rear)

R/L Torso

R/L Torso (rear)

R/L Arm

R/L Leg

Weapons
and Ammo

Critical

Tonnage

Heat Sink

LL

2 Medium Laser

CT

Flamer

LA

MML 7 LRM Ammo (17)

LT

2 Heat Sink

LT

MML 7

LT

MML 7 SRM Ammo (14)

LT

Heat Sink

RL

Heat Sink

HD

Heat Sink

RA

Medium Laser

RA

PPC

RA

something like this for the PPC variant

LL MML Centurion
Mass:
50 tons
Armament:
3 MML 3
1 Large Laser
3 Medium Laser
1 Flamer

Cost: 3,717,250 C-bills
Type: LL MML Centurion
Battle Value: 1,124

Equipment

Mass

Internal Structure

Engine

200 Fusion

Walking MP:

Running MP:

Jumping MP:

Heat Sink:

Gyro:

Cockpit:

Armor Factor:

Internal
Structure

Armor
Value

Head

Center Torso

Center Torso (rear)

R/L Torso

R/L Torso (rear)

R/L Arm

R/L Leg

Weapons
and Ammo

Critical

Tonnage

Heat Sink

LL

Jump Jet

LL

2 Medium Laser

CT

Jump Jet

RT

Flamer

LA

2 Heat Sink

LT

Jump Jet

LT

3 MML 3

LT

MML 3 SRM Ammo (33)

LT

MML 3 LRM Ammo (40)

LT

Heat Sink

RL

Jump Jet

RL

Heat Sink

HD

Heat Sink

RA

Medium Laser

RA

Large Laser

RA

and something like this for the LL variant

In both cases I tried to balance the heat levels which resulted in different MML loadouts (1 MML-7 vs 3 MML 3s due to the heat difference in the PPC vs the LL albeit you could probably just use wise heat management to rock 3 MML 3s on the PPC Centurion) and in the case of the Large Laser one the saved mass gives it the jump jets that previously it lacked and the enforcer had which massively increases its versatility and mobility albeit still not to calvary mech levels. and no the fluff isn't there since its a centurion and we have the fluff for that elsewhere
large laser is on point for what i had in mind

40MM MML Valkyrie
large laser is on point for what i had in mind
In that case....well I'd say the enforcer is in trouble but it's way way too established in the AFFS to be so. Not to mention the sheer number of my designs use its base frame or modifications( ranger, Fusilier, sentry, antares) of it and share a lot of systems and parts from it which greatly increases its logistical ease to sustain and produce compared to the centurion which is basically sharing parts with just other centurions.

Edit on another note it occurs to me the valkyrie probably is the mech that benefits the most of in production suns mechs from mml. I'll probably get around to a refit for that soon enough

edit 2:
MML Valkyrie
Mass:
30 tons
Power Plant: 150 Fusion
Cruising Speed: 54 kph
Maximum Speed: 86.4 kph
Armament:
1 Medium Laser
3 MML 3
Cost: 2,289,820 C-bills
Type: MML Valkyrie
Tonnage: 30
Battle Value: 719

Equipment

Mass

Internal Structure

Engine

150 Fusion

Walking MP:

Running MP:

Jumping MP:

Heat Sink:

Gyro:

Cockpit:

Armor Factor:

Internal
Structure

Armor
Value

Head

Center Torso

Center Torso (rear)

R/L Torso

R/L Torso (rear)

R/L Arm

R/L Leg

Weapons
and Ammo

Critical

Tonnage

2 Jump Jet

LL

Heat Sink

CT

Jump Jet

CT

Heat Sink

RT

Heat Sink

LT

3 MML 3

LT

MML 3 SRM Ammo (33)

LT

MML 3 LRM Ammo (40)

LT

2 Jump Jet

RL

Heat Sink

HD

Medium Laser

RA

that MML Valkyrie variant

Last edited:
40MM Hammerhands
a slight redesign on my older hammerhands variant that has a better heat balance among other slight change mostly in the the secondary weapons.
Hammerhands HMH-4R
Mass: 75 tons
Chassis: Achernar Special Type 4-reinforced
Power Plant: Dav 225 Fusion
Cruising Speed: 32.4 kph
Maximum Speed: 54 kph
Jump Jets: Hildoco Model 12 Jumpjets
Jumping Distance: 90 Meters
Armor: StarGuard III

Armament:
2 Donal PPCs
1 Harpoon-6 SRM 6
5 ChisComp 39 Medium Lasers
1 Zippo Flamer

Communication System: Achernar Electronics HICS-11
Targeting & Tracking System: Federated Hunter
Introduction Year: 3025
Tech Rating/Availability: D/X-E-D-D
Cost: 6,465,375 C-bills

Type: Hammerhands
Role: Brawler
Technology Base: Inner Sphere (Introductory)
Tonnage: 75
Battle Value: 1,683

Equipment Mass
Internal Structure7.5
Engine225 Fusion10
Walking MP:3
Running MP:5
Jumping MP:3
Heat Sink:2010
Gyro:3
Cockpit:3
Armor Factor:23114.5

Internal
Structure
Armor
Value
Head39
Center Torso2335
Center Torso (rear)11
R/L Torso1624
R/L Torso (rear)8
R/L Arm1224
R/L Leg1632

Right Arm Actuators: Shoulder, Upper, Lower
Left Arm Actuators: Shoulder, Upper, Lower

Weapons
and Ammo
Location Critical Tonnage
Heat SinkLL11
Jump JetLL11
Heat SinkCT11
Jump JetCT11
4 Heat SinkRT44
SRM 6RT23
SRM 6 Ammo (15)RT11
Heat SinkLA11
Medium LaserLA11
PPCLA37
Heat SinkLT11
3 Medium LaserLT33
FlamerLT11
Heat SinkRL11
Jump JetRL11
Heat SinkHD11
Heat SinkRA11
Medium LaserRA11
PPCRA37

Quirks:
Barrel Fists (RA/LA)
Protected Actuators
Rugged (1)

Last edited:
Adding medium lasers to things is so boring, but there is such a lack of equipment or weapons in Introtech to use instead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back