• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

[RWBY] RWBY Shorts

oh shit...the Real Juane is coming out to play...and dear lord Pyrrha is noticing, along with Yang and Ruby...wait does the armor ALSO reduce his charisma?!? oh no...its another damn Tai!

If Jaune can get a few 8-10 girls to crush on him while the armor is reducing ALL of his attributes... Just imagine his rizz level without it.

If Jaune can get a few 8-10 girls to crush on him while the armor is reducing ALL of his attributes... Just imagine his rizz level without it.

those 8-10 girls now realize they have sharper competition...and thus need to move like a pod of killer whales to drive off any competitors before they can make a move.

imagine Juanes dad KNEW he took the armor and was hoping he wouldnt follow his stead...because otherwise his wife would have caused the next remnant civil war to happen among huntresses...what is it with blue eyed and blond haired men that are quite strong ending up with so many women liking them in remnant?!?

CCTlgLAWIAA25TS.jpg
89512000_1643970605741308_5423667534404517888_n.jpg
106192941_1169569986740392_5605214636312806366_n.jpg

Glynda - *Cough* "Given Mr. Arc's sudden increase in strength, it may be for the best that he spare exclusively with staff like myself, and visiting lecturers, such as Miss Schnee's older sister. Fortunately, we both still have openings in our evening schedules to fill this far into the semester."

Nora - "That's not all you cougars want filled, is it?"

Glynda - "Miss Valkyrie!"

Blake - "Racism!"

Weiss - "There's no way that my sister is interested in that Valean doofus! Just be because he happens to kind, hard working, handsome, loyal, and good with children is no reason I or any other women would be interested in him!"

I just had an idea I had to share.

May is a rather similar to Ruby if you think about it..

> Both of them are snipers.
> Both of them have reddish hair.
> Both of them even have gray eyes, though May's is Grey-Blue.
>....Such a minor difference in eye color, what if she was also a Silver Eye Warrior?

Also, I can't help but have this idea of May being childhood friends with Jaune, and when she and Jaune reunite during the tournament, with the possibility of their relationship deepening, this arouses feelings of jealousy in Ruby, because her position as Jaune's Best Friend is being challenged...she thinks.

I can imagine Ruby lamenting to one of her friends that May beats her in almost every way, and as she's discussing this, it slips out that Jaune probably thinks May is more attractive than her as well.

And then when her conversation partner questions why physical attraction would be something that matters to her where Jaune is concerned if she and him are just friends, that's when it hits her.

She has feelings for him, but what if it's already too late for the two of them?

She can't let that happen.

Last edited:
A Tiny Bit of Affection and Understanding
- - -

Blake had tried so hard. Just... So hard!

Yet it never seemed to make a difference. A good difference, anyway.

Glynda Goodwitch's rant about how many civilians had gotten hurt in the highway battle still rang in her ears. All four of them.

So after that, she'd hidden herself away in the library, in a study room that was barely used. She curled up in a ball and pressed her face into her knees.

She just... She just wanted to feel as small as possible.

She just wanted to hide from the world, and let her tears run.

She heard someone enter the room, but didn't have the energy to lift her eyes up to see. She felt him sit next to her, smelled him, heard his heartbeat.

"Hey Blake," said Jaune Arc.

Silence fell. Blake sniffled. Jaune remained quiet for a while, as Blake continued to cry softly.

"... Wanna talk about it?" He asked.

Blake gave him a side glance.

"Why?" She mumbled.

Jaune shook his head, and looked upon her with compassion.

"Because someone should," he stated firmly. "You want me gone? I'll go. You want me to stay? I'll stay. It's... It's about what you need. Not me."

Her tears burst forth, and she sobbed. She buried her face in his chest. She felt his arms wrap around her, and she felt so warm...

"I... I tried... I wanted to do good, and... And...!"

She had seen people die before. She'd done bad things with the White Fang before... But seeing the pictures of innocent children in hospital beds, being taken away in ambulances... It broke her heart.

Jaune just stayed with her, stroking her back, murmuring soothing nonsense and noises the whole time. She cried and cried, and he didn't move for anything.

- - -

A few hours later, Ruby heard someone knock on the door to her dorm. She was still feeling very miserable, as she got up and walked to the door. She opened it up... And gaped.

"Jaune?"

He was carrying a sleeping Blake. He shushed her quietly and carried her in. Ruby moved aside, and helped him tuck the exhausted cat faunus into bed. Yang and Weiss were already asleep, though it wasn't easy.

Ruby didn't think it would be easy for her, either.

"... Thank you," Ruby mumbled. "I... I don't... Um..."

Jaune smiled at her reassuringly.

"It's okay," he said quietly, "If you need someone to talk to, I'll listen. But um... As my dad used to say? 'As long as nobody is dead, you can make amends and do better tomorrow.'"

Ruby sniffled and hugged him tightly. He held her back and patted her on the head.

"Th-Thank you Jaune," she mumbled. "Thank you..."

Jaune sighed and nodded.

"It's... It's what I'm here for," he said.

- - -

Jaune has had a fairly normal upbringing compared to everyone else, and he's had to comfort his siblings (and be comforted by them) a lot. So even if he is a goober and sucks at combat, he IS good at listening and helping his friends vent.

Of course, we know he has his own demons, and he may not be dealing with them. So a psychological interplay of all these characters and others going to Jaune for emotional support, to vent, and other things might be interesting.

A bit more serious in some ways than Jaune being a counselor. In this case, he's just a good friend.

honestly most of the interpersonal problems in the series were caused because none of them actually talked. Seems ridiculous from the outside until you realize most of the QUIRKY and WACKY actions of most of the cast comes from them being so maladjusted. Jaune really is the only well adjusted member of the main cast.

Two little known facts about Ozpin.

He hates silence and mirrors. It's why his office is a clocktower, always a gear clicking and whirling, never truly silent. It's for the best really.

But you can't always avoid mirrors. So in the mornings when he gets up to face the day Ozpin also faces his demons.

Standing around his reflection a teaming mass of ghost begging, screaming, and cursing.

Some of them souls he has failed. A crying eyeless Summer Rose begging for her daughters.

Some of them souls that have become part of him, begging for rest and to return to families long since dead.

He hopes these are merely hallucinations brought on by guilt.

Surrounded by a screaming army of the dead and the damned Ozpin brushes his teeth, shaved his face, and prays to the brothers that he won't add another face to the crowd today.

He hates silence and mirrors. It's why his office is a clocktower, always a gear clicking and whirling, never truly silent. It's for the best really.

But you can't always avoid mirrors. So in the mornings when he gets up to face the day Ozpin also faces his demons.

Standing around his reflection a teaming mass of ghost begging, screaming, and cursing.

Some of them souls he has failed. A crying eyeless Summer Rose begging for her daughters.

Some of them souls that have become part of him, begging for rest and to return to families long since dead.

Surrounded by a screaming army of the dead and the damned Ozpin brushes his teeth, shaved his face, and prays to the brothers that he won't add another face to the crowd today.

could also be Ozpin has been around long enough that he dislikes the brother gods but can't do shit about them…and calling them back with the relics is a capital B bad idea since last time they wiped humanity out…now he has made mistakes and has a ton of ghosts, but he at least admits to his faults and tries to keep humanity going while Salem plays with them like a cat and a mouse…and she wants them wiped out, and to kill the brother gods with the relics (another capital B bad idea).

could lead to a well meaning but truly human Ozpin doing his best but having little choice to do what he does because everything is absolute shit, people don't get along most of the time, he has limited magic, and is having to play huntsman against a immortal monster that was once his beloved now turned into the doom of humanity and Faunus.

add in having to deal with every "empire" trying to take over everyone and everything (I think in lore of RWBY mistrial once did do so and tried to make everyone apathetic and standardize everything to try and keep the grim at bay, which is why they have color names and a dense culture like they do).

Glynda - *Cough* "Given Mr. Arc's sudden increase in strength, it may be for the best that he spare exclusively with staff like myself, and visiting lecturers, such as Miss Schnee's older sister. Fortunately, we both still have openings in our evening schedules to fill this far into the semester."

Nora - "That's not all you cougars want filled, is it?"

Glynda - "Miss Valkyrie!"

Blake - "Racism!"

Weiss - "There's no way that my sister is interested in that Valean doofus! Just be because he happens to kind, hard working, handsome, loyal, and good with children is no reason I or any other women would be interested in him!"
It's actually canon that Jaune is very popular with a whole group of (because Remnant is a deathworld, probably single) mothers, and was given multiple casseroles (Glynda, Willow and maybe Winter would also fall in that age-demographic).

It's also canon that Jaune is/stays very attractive when he becomes older (in his 30s or 40s, possibly early 50s), so much so that even Weiss got the hots for him, notibly acting in a way she has never done before that moment (Jaune also keeps the couple of gray streeks in his hair, which might have been something interesting later on if Rooster Teeth hadn't gone under).

Is that canon, because I can't find anything official about it, only an "Oscar/Ozpin mirror theory", which doesn't confirm anything at all?

Is that canon, because I can't find anything official about it, only an "Oscar/Ozpin mirror theory", which doesn't confirm anything at all?

Nah just a little idea thing.

I mean we know Ozpin has been fused into a lot of souls before Oscar (worrying implications for farm boy that they're all silent)

I mean we know Ozpin has been fused into a lot of souls before Oscar (worrying implications for farm boy that they're all silent)
It is a really interesting idea to use or explore in a story, and it makes enough sense that I just needed to ask if it was canon.

RWBY needed a number of things, but existential horror wasn't one of them. Just one more reason to bury most of Volume Three's "canon" and what came after..

It's actually canon that Jaune is very popular with a whole group of (because Remnant is a deathworld, probably single) mothers, and was given multiple casseroles (Glynda, Willow and maybe Winter would also fall in that age-demographic).

Winter may be a single working professional, but I'd bet she's watched most of her female age group get married, and start having children, especially on a world like Remnant. That's definitely enough to get a woman's biological clock ticking....

Last edited:
RWBY needed a number of things, but existential horror wasn't one of them. Just one more reason to bury most of Volume Three's "canon" and what came after..

Honestly mostly it was me trying to add some justification to Ozpin.

He keeps his circle small to try to not get too attached.

He doesn't share secrets not just because he's afraid of betrayal but also to lessen the likelihood of them being targets.

His decision making skills are ass because he's got constant whispers coming from his mind and can't get good sleep or the best focus because of it.

Honestly mostly it was me trying to add some justification to Ozpin.

It was more a comment in general about RWBY, but yeah, I agree.

Justification is something alot of characters needed in RWBY, and we never really got decent, thought out, detailed back stories for them.

With the show & studio dead it's up to us to headcanon it.

Another idea would be for Ozpin to have waking dreams or hallucinations of memories from the people he's absorbed over the centuries.

Last edited:
It was more a comment in general about RWBY, but yeah, I agree.

Justification is something alot of characters needed in RWBY, and we never really got decent, thought, detailed back stories for them.

With the show & studio dead it's up to us to headcanon it.

Another idea would be for Ozpin to have waking dreams or hallucinations of memories from the people he's absorbed over the centuries.
Oh that could be heartbreaking.

Just imagine he's giving Ruby one of those Im So Disappointed speeches and accidentally calls her summer.

Oh that could be heartbreaking.

Just imagine he's giving Ruby one of those Im So Disappointed speeches and accidentally calls her summer.
What if Ozpin gets urges that stem from previous incarnations to do things and he either goes along with them or has to resist them?

Like it turns out that Jaune is the direct descendant of one of his previous incarnations, and he realizes it because among other obvious things, Jaune is using his sword.

He arranges tactical and combat training with Jaune because he has the urge to look after him and he doesn't want to beat Cardin senseless, which is his other option aside from resisting it completely.

He might as well do something constructive with the energy.

What if Ozpin gets urges that stem from previous incarnations to do things and he either goes along with them or has to resist them?

Like it turns out that Jaune is the direct descendant of one of his previous incarnations, and he realizes it because among other obvious things, Jaune is using his sword.

He arranges tactical and combat training with Jaune because he has the urge to look after him and he doesn't want to beat Cardin senseless, which is his other option aside from resisting it completely.

He might as well do something constructive with the energy.

both heart warming and heart breaking…fuck it going with this now…behold, once I return home from work grandfatherly Ozpin (who is pretty lenient on the teenagers and kids) is going to be a excellent teacher and motivator…and fuck cannon on his weakness in magic! I shall declare that it was temporarily weakness from making the maidens!

Why Jaune Doesn't Use a Ninja Cleaver...
- - -

Getting asked out to see Vale on the weekend by Blake was... Unusual, to say the least. Nora actually asked if the cat Faunus had turned into a robot when they weren't looking. But no, she had meant it, and despite how Pyrrha stared at him, Jaune had accepted.

They went out via a Bullhead earlier than planned that morning, to shake off pursuit. Jaune couldn't really fault her-Yang, Weiss, Ruby, and Pyrrha had all been trying to invite themselves along. But Blake was practiced at losing tails, and so here they sat at a cafe near the main wall. It overlooked the great forests behind the city, lush and beautiful, shadowed by the great mountains that surrounded Vale.

Here they sat, and sipped coffee and tea. She wore a casual black turtleneck with a white skirt. He wore his jeans and Pumpkin Pete hoodie.

And they didn't say anything for, what, ten minutes?

Jaune was the first to break.

"Uh, so... Um..." Jaune smiled nervously.

Blake stared intently at him.

"Yes?"

"..." Jaune sighed. "Let me guess, you want me to try out your weapon and see what happens?"

"Well..." Blake slowly nodded. "I-I do, yes... But I thought we'd get to know each other, first."

Jaune blinked.

"Oh," he mumbled. Blake smiled softly, and sipped her coffee.

"I think it's an amazing ability, Jaune," she said, "But... I'm not easily won over in romance."

"I guess I'm hardly your type," Jaune sighed. Blake smiled.

"I'm... I'm not sure about that," she said, and Jaune's eyebrows went up. "I mean, I used to think I liked tall, dark, mysterious, and edgy men. Men who were dark and mysterious, and very hurt inside. Broody."

"Er..." Jaune blinked, "Well... Okay?"

Blake sighed.

"And then I dated one," she said, "And I realized... It was terrible. I couldn't... I couldn't fix him. He didn't want to be... And... And he was..."

She sighed.

"He was... Adam Taurus," she admitted.

Jaune winced.

"Oh... Oh. I-I'm so, so sorry, Blake-"

"For what?" Blake asked quietly. "You proved... I..." She smiled slightly. "Honestly? The fear of him finding me here has hung over me. You saw what he tried to do to Weiss."

Jaune scowled.

"The fact you could fight him to a standstill is... Well..." She flushed. "Um... Remember when I told you the kind of guys I thought I liked?"

Jaune nodded slowly.

"Uh, yeah? Broody and all that stuff?"

"Well... When I was younger, it was the opposite," she said, "I liked blond, bright, happy and confident boys. Who were fiery, hotblooded, and determined to do right."

Jaune stared at her for a moment.

"Did they also wear orange?" He joked, sipping his coffee. He put it down when he saw Blake blush.

"W-Wait... You liked... Genji the Gutsy Ninja?" Jaune gasped.

"... Still do," Blake bashfully admitted. "At first, I thought Hanzo, his rival, was hotter... But over the course of the story, Genji really won my heart and admiration."

She scowled.

"At least until the timeskip ruined everything."

"I mean, the movies were pretty good," Jaune said, "But yeah, that was a hot mess."

"I guess..." She smiled at him. "Seeing you stand up to... To Adam like that? It reminded me of what I liked before all of that happened... And maybe I'm re-examining some things about myself."

"Errr..." Jaune blinked. "We... Are just talking about my Semblance here, right?"

"Well," Blake smiled, pushing some hair back behind her human ears, "You standing up to my violent psycho ex does tend to get a girl's attention."

"I..." Jaune stared down at the table. "That... It doesn't feel like it was me."

"Would you have stood in front of Weiss to protect her from Adam without your Semblance?" Blake asked.

Jaune looked up, bright red, and nodded.

"Of course I would! I-I did-!"

"Then the fact your Semblance gives you a new name and a funny accent doesn't matter," Blake said earnestly. "It's still you. The other girls... They'll understand that in time."

She smiled warmly and leaned forward a bit.

"But hopefully not too soon," she said.

Jaune... Leaned back. She pouted in confusion. He shook his head.

"I... It's just not that simple," he said quietly.

Blake opened her mouth... When two lines jabbed into them both. Electric Dust went off and they both screamed. The other patrons of the cafe shrieked and scattered, as White Fang operatives clambered over the walls. Blake reached for Gambol Shroud, pulled it out...

She was bit by a Dust round, and she was knocked off her feet. The binding fabric between the gun and the sickle snapped away into her hand. Her instincts made her tuck the fabric away up the sleeve of her casual turtleneck, just as the butt of a gun hit her face. Everything went dark.

- - -

Blake woke up to a slap. She started at the pain, and took note of the situation.

She was tied up, her hands behind her and her feet in front of her. A tight collar was around her neck, humming, and her Aura was suppressed-It had to be Aura binding. She was sitting in a forest clearing, and could barely hear the sounds of the city. She looked up, and saw a familiar redhead in black looming over her. They were in a cave of some kind, though several large tree trunks were growing through the walls and ceilings. It had been thrown up relatively recently then-Created with Earth Dust. It was a common method for making a temporary headquarters in the White Fang.

Maybe it can be seen, maybe they can find us, Blake thought frantically, even as she trembled from the malice Adam was emitting.

"It's been a while, my love," Adam snarled.

"Jaune, w-where's Jaune?" Blake gasped. Adam slapped her again, backhanded. It drew blood from her lip. She looked back, managing a scowl despite the terror billowing up inside of her.

"Where's Jaune?"

Adam stepped aside. Blake stared in horror. Jaune was strung up on a large boulder as though to be crucified. He was already bloody and bruised, and covered in cuts. He looked up with a groan.

"JAUNE!"

"He actually begged for me to take your hits," Adam growled. "You got a human to heel for you. How touching."

"P-Please, Adam," Blake begged, "Do whatever you want to me! J-Just let him go!"

"The human who humiliated me? Who's been trying to steal my girl?" Adam shook his head. "No... He's not escaping, Blake. But I'll let you watch him die, how's that?"

"NO!" Blake screamed, as Adam stalked away. He drew Wilt, and slashed off Jaune's rope bindings. The blond knight fell to his knees, and coughed.

"Get up," Adam growled.

Jaune slowly stood back up, breathing hard. Blake could tell he was terrified, yet to his credit, he held his head up high and stared back into Adam's mask.

"Just let her go," Jaune said, "And I'll-"

"You don't have any say, human," Adam stated coldly, "But I will let you die like a warrior. I can do that much."

"Adam, please!"
Blake begged. "I-I'll do anything! ANYTHING YOU WANT! PLEASE!"

She fell onto her face, tears pouring from her eyes. Her hands rubbed against eachother.

"Yes. You will," Adam harshly replied.

He swung Wilt, and Jaune's Aura collar fell off. His cuts and injuries began to heal, as Adam hefted up his katana. Jaune gulped, but his gaze remained steady.

Blake felt the fabric... The smart fabric that served as the chain in Gambol Shroud's Chain Sickle mode.

They didn't take it from me, she thought in wonder. It's part of my weapon... It's part of it... Will it be enough?!

Adam pointed the katana right at Jaune's heart.

NO CHOICE! Blake thought. Frantically, she shimmied the smart fabric down into her hands. She tensed her muscles.

"Now human, you will-"

"NO! DON'T PLEASE!" Blake shrieked. She crawled desperately, and managed to get some purchase. She sprang forward and rolled right up to Jaune. He knelt down to try and get her. She rolled so her back was facing him, and when she felt his hands, shoved the smart fabric into his hands.

Adam kicked her right in the gut, and she curled up in pain. Jaune tried to tackle Adam, but the White Faunus leader swung Wilt and unleashed a Moonblade at point black range. The red blast knocked Jaune back, slamming him through the boulder and across the cave. His Aura resisted, but there was a bright flash and explosion. Blake gasped in horror.

"JAUNE!"

Adam grabbed her by the hair and held her up painfully. She winced as he turned her to look upon the clearing smoke. Tears poured down her cheeks as she saw Jaune laying there, unmoving.

"NO! JAUNE! JAUNE!" She bawled. Several White Fang members laughed mockingly. Adam pulled her hair to make her face him.

"I granted him a warrior's death," he sneered, "You, my love, will suffer far more before you-"

There was a loud popping sound. Adam and Blake looked back at Jaune's body.

Nothing lay there, save for a small cloud of smoke. Blake's eyes widened.

What the...?!

"YO! BLAKE!"

All eyes went up to the tree branches overhead. Relief flooded Blake's body, and tears fell from her eyes.

There was Jaune, arms crossed over his chest, standing on a tree branch. The smart fabric from Gambol Shroud was wrapped around his head like a bandana, the ends waving slightly behind him. He grinned broadly, even through the cuts on his cheeks.

"JAUNE!" Blake cried out.

"You were right," Jaune called out, "And I realized something. I'm more afraid of losing my precious people... Than myself. So I won't give into fear..."

He grinned and gave a thumbs up.

"That's my ninja way!"

Blake's eyes widened in shocked recognition.

Did he... But how-?!

"KILL HIM!" Adam shouted. The White Fang opened fire with Dust rounds. Jaune vanished again in a cloud of smoke. Adam searched the trees quickly, as did Blake.

Where did he-?

She saw him on another tree branch. He jammed his fingers together into a familiar handseal, and his Aura burned like a sun.

"SHADOW CLONE JUTSU!"

All of a sudden, hundreds of copies of Jaune appeared all over the branches, walls and boulders of the HQ, completely surrounding the White Fang.

Adam's jaw dropped, as Jaune's grin shined like a beacon.

"SORRY FOR THE WAIT! THE GENJI ARC NINJA CHRONICLES HAVE JUST BEGUN! CHAPTER ONE: BEATING ALL YOUR ASSES!"

The hundreds of Shadow Clones jumped and dove for them, yelling battle cries.

"They're just illusions," Adam shouted, "They can't hurt you-!"

One Jaune punched Adam right in the jaw. He fell back, spitting blood. The other White Fang members opened fire into the huge mass of Jaunes, but the Shadow Clones either popped, or evaded the fire to land hits on them. Dozens of clones attacked Adam from all sides.

While that first hit had hurt him, Adam wasn't a formidable warrior and terrorist for nothing. He fought them furiously, swinging Wilt around and slicing through the clones like a hot knife through butter. He was driven back, back, as more clones charged and began throwing rocks and anything else they could.

Blake felt a hand reach for her collar, and snap it open. Her Aura returned, and she took Jaune's hand.

"CHEESE IT!" Jaune shouted. They ran out of the cave, dodging gunfire, followed by Adam's roars of rage... And made it out into the nighttime forest.

Jaune pulled Blake onto his back with a grin.

"I'll handle the transportation! You just heal!" He said. He climbed up a tree gracefully, and began tree hopping through them. He sailed through the trees with ease and grace, his style... Remarkably similar to hers.

"Are-Are you okay, Jaune?" Blake asked.

"Yup!" Jaune said, "Though you should call this mode 'Genji'." He grinned back at her. "Thanks for everything."

"I... You saved me-"

"Yeah, but my Semblance lets me use your Semblance, and supercharge it! It's sooo awesome!" Genji cheered. "Wow, can I do it with other Semblances? That would be super cool! Bet I could beat up a whole lot of bad guys! And become the Arckage!"

"Is... Is there such a thing?" Blake asked, unable to help her little smile as they sailed through the trees.

"No... But I can dream, can't I?"

Blake actually giggled, and held on tightly.

Maybe her childhood dreams were so silly after all... If they could be realized like this.

- - -

Because we all had a Naruto phase.

"SHADOW CLONE JUTSU!"

All of a sudden, hundreds of copies of Jaune appeared all over the branches, walls and boulders of the HQ, completely surrounding the White Fang.

"SORRY FOR THE WAIT! THE GENJI ARC NINJA CHRONICLES HAVE JUST BEGUN! CHAPTER ONE: BEATING ALL YOUR ASSES!"

One Jaune punched Adam right in the jaw. He fell back, spitting blood. The other White Fang members opened fire into the huge mass of Jaunes, but the Shadow Clones either popped, or evaded the fire to land hits on them. Dozens of clones attacked Adam from all sides.

Jaune - "Blake, you have a nosebleed, did Adam break your nose?!?!"

Blake - "Just answer me! Can you only use your clones in battle, or elsewhere too?"

Blake is totally the type, and I rigorously deny ever having a Naruto phase. :V

What do you mean had?

I still have it…

The bull fears becoming the cuckold not realizing that by trying to deny fate he speeds it along.

when you are a absolute ass and completely into your edgy phase that it becomes a permanent fixture because you never had a Naruto to knock sone damn sense into you…well this is a kinder fate…compared to others.

Jaune - "Blake, you have a nosebleed, did Adam break your nose?!?!"

Blake - "Just answer me! Can you only use your clones in battle, or elsewhere too?"

Blake is totally the type, and I rigorously deny ever having a Naruto phase. :V

oh boy…better hope the other girls don't learn of THAT.

and yes she is…and I highly doubt you are out of the phase!

It seems that out of all of Jaune's Personas, Johann and Genji are more aware of fact that they are all a part of a whole, plus Genji mode revealed a really pretty major development. If . . . . no WHEN Jaune gets a handle on HIS power and his combat ability, all the other Personals would be more in line with a Weapon using mode, not a Persona, PLUS Aura Amp plus Semblance copying equals BADASS! Wonderful stuff!

Interesting development for Jaune and his acceptance of his semblances and strengthening his identity, I guess that he is in control/aware now? Jaune said to called this form Genji, not that his name is Genji, so there is definitely a difference from before.

Like any good ninja would, the Naruto phase is not gone, just hidden in the shadow waiting for the opportunity to strike.

- - -

Getting asked out to see Vale on the weekend by Blake was... Unusual, to say the least. Nora actually asked if the cat Faunus had turned into a robot when they weren't looking. But no, she had meant it, and despite how Pyrrha stared at him, Jaune had accepted.

They went out via a Bullhead earlier than planned that morning, to shake off pursuit. Jaune couldn't really fault her-Yang, Weiss, Ruby, and Pyrrha had all been trying to invite themselves along. But Blake was practiced at losing tails, and so here they sat at a cafe near the main wall. It overlooked the great forests behind the city, lush and beautiful, shadowed by the great mountains that surrounded Vale.

Here they sat, and sipped coffee and tea. She wore a casual black turtleneck with a white skirt. He wore his jeans and Pumpkin Pete hoodie.

And they didn't say anything for, what, ten minutes?

Jaune was the first to break.

"Uh, so... Um..." Jaune smiled nervously.

Blake stared intently at him.

"Yes?"

"..." Jaune sighed. "Let me guess, you want me to try out your weapon and see what happens?"

"Well..." Blake slowly nodded. "I-I do, yes... But I thought we'd get to know each other, first."

Jaune blinked.

"Oh," he mumbled. Blake smiled softly, and sipped her coffee.

"I think it's an amazing ability, Jaune," she said, "But... I'm not easily won over in romance."

"I guess I'm hardly your type," Jaune sighed. Blake smiled.

"I'm... I'm not sure about that," she said, and Jaune's eyebrows went up. "I mean, I used to think I liked tall, dark, mysterious, and edgy men. Men who were dark and mysterious, and very hurt inside. Broody."

"Er..." Jaune blinked, "Well... Okay?"

Blake sighed.

"And then I dated one," she said, "And I realized... It was terrible. I couldn't... I couldn't fix him. He didn't want to be... And... And he was..."

She sighed.

"He was... Adam Taurus," she admitted.

Jaune winced.

"Oh... Oh. I-I'm so, so sorry, Blake-"

"For what?" Blake asked quietly. "You proved... I..." She smiled slightly. "Honestly? The fear of him finding me here has hung over me. You saw what he tried to do to Weiss."

Jaune scowled.

"The fact you could fight him to a standstill is... Well..." She flushed. "Um... Remember when I told you the kind of guys I thought I liked?"

Jaune nodded slowly.

"Uh, yeah? Broody and all that stuff?"

"Well... When I was younger, it was the opposite," she said, "I liked blond, bright, happy and confident boys. Who were fiery, hotblooded, and determined to do right."

Jaune stared at her for a moment.

"Did they also wear orange?" He joked, sipping his coffee. He put it down when he saw Blake blush.

"W-Wait... You liked... Genji the Gutsy Ninja?" Jaune gasped.

"... Still do," Blake bashfully admitted. "At first, I thought Hanzo, his rival, was hotter... But over the course of the story, Genji really won my heart and admiration."

She scowled.

"At least until the timeskip ruined everything."

"I mean, the movies were pretty good," Jaune said, "But yeah, that was a hot mess."

"I guess..." She smiled at him. "Seeing you stand up to... To Adam like that? It reminded me of what I liked before all of that happened... And maybe I'm re-examining some things about myself."

"Errr..." Jaune blinked. "We... Are just talking about my Semblance here, right?"

"Well," Blake smiled, pushing some hair back behind her human ears, "You standing up to my violent psycho ex does tend to get a girl's attention."

"I..." Jaune stared down at the table. "That... It doesn't feel like it was me."

"Would you have stood in front of Weiss to protect her from Adam without your Semblance?" Blake asked.

Jaune looked up, bright red, and nodded.

"Of course I would! I-I did-!"

"Then the fact your Semblance gives you a new name and a funny accent doesn't matter," Blake said earnestly. "It's still you. The other girls... They'll understand that in time."

She smiled warmly and leaned forward a bit.

"But hopefully not too soon," she said.

Jaune... Leaned back. She pouted in confusion. He shook his head.

"I... It's just not that simple," he said quietly.

Blake opened her mouth... When two lines jabbed into them both. Electric Dust went off and they both screamed. The other patrons of the cafe shrieked and scattered, as White Fang operatives clambered over the walls. Blake reached for Gambol Shroud, pulled it out...

She was bit by a Dust round, and she was knocked off her feet. The binding fabric between the gun and the sickle snapped away into her hand. Her instincts made her tuck the fabric away up the sleeve of her casual turtleneck, just as the butt of a gun hit her face. Everything went dark.

- - -

Blake woke up to a slap. She started at the pain, and took note of the situation.

She was tied up, her hands behind her and her feet in front of her. A tight collar was around her neck, humming, and her Aura was suppressed-It had to be Aura binding. She was sitting in a forest clearing, and could barely hear the sounds of the city. She looked up, and saw a familiar redhead in black looming over her. They were in a cave of some kind, though several large tree trunks were growing through the walls and ceilings. It had been thrown up relatively recently then-Created with Earth Dust. It was a common method for making a temporary headquarters in the White Fang.

Maybe it can be seen, maybe they can find us, Blake thought frantically, even as she trembled from the malice Adam was emitting.

"It's been a while, my love," Adam snarled.

"Jaune, w-where's Jaune?" Blake gasped. Adam slapped her again, backhanded. It drew blood from her lip. She looked back, managing a scowl despite the terror billowing up inside of her.

"Where's Jaune?"

Adam stepped aside. Blake stared in horror. Jaune was strung up on a large boulder as though to be crucified. He was already bloody and bruised, and covered in cuts. He looked up with a groan.

"JAUNE!"

"He actually begged for me to take your hits," Adam growled. "You got a human to heel for you. How touching."

"P-Please, Adam," Blake begged, "Do whatever you want to me! J-Just let him go!"

"The human who humiliated me? Who's been trying to steal my girl?" Adam shook his head. "No... He's not escaping, Blake. But I'll let you watch him die, how's that?"

"NO!" Blake screamed, as Adam stalked away. He drew Wilt, and slashed off Jaune's rope bindings. The blond knight fell to his knees, and coughed.

"Get up," Adam growled.

Jaune slowly stood back up, breathing hard. Blake could tell he was terrified, yet to his credit, he held his head up high and stared back into Adam's mask.

"Just let her go," Jaune said, "And I'll-"

"You don't have any say, human," Adam stated coldly, "But I will let you die like a warrior. I can do that much."

"Adam, please!"
Blake begged. "I-I'll do anything! ANYTHING YOU WANT! PLEASE!"

She fell onto her face, tears pouring from her eyes. Her hands rubbed against eachother.

"Yes. You will," Adam harshly replied.

He swung Wilt, and Jaune's Aura collar fell off. His cuts and injuries began to heal, as Adam hefted up his katana. Jaune gulped, but his gaze remained steady.

Blake felt the fabric... The smart fabric that served as the chain in Gambol Shroud's Chain Sickle mode.

They didn't take it from me, she thought in wonder. It's part of my weapon... It's part of it... Will it be enough?!

Adam pointed the katana right at Jaune's heart.

NO CHOICE! Blake thought. Frantically, she shimmied the smart fabric down into her hands. She tensed her muscles.

"Now human, you will-"

"NO! DON'T PLEASE!" Blake shrieked. She crawled desperately, and managed to get some purchase. She sprang forward and rolled right up to Jaune. He knelt down to try and get her. She rolled so her back was facing him, and when she felt his hands, shoved the smart fabric into his hands.

Adam kicked her right in the gut, and she curled up in pain. Jaune tried to tackle Adam, but the White Faunus leader swung Wilt and unleashed a Moonblade at point black range. The red blast knocked Jaune back, slamming him through the boulder and across the cave. His Aura resisted, but there was a bright flash and explosion. Blake gasped in horror.

"JAUNE!"

Adam grabbed her by the hair and held her up painfully. She winced as he turned her to look upon the clearing smoke. Tears poured down her cheeks as she saw Jaune laying there, unmoving.

"NO! JAUNE! JAUNE!" She bawled. Several White Fang members laughed mockingly. Adam pulled her hair to make her face him.

"I granted him a warrior's death," he sneered, "You, my love, will suffer far more before you-"

There was a loud popping sound. Adam and Blake looked back at Jaune's body.

Nothing lay there, save for a small cloud of smoke. Blake's eyes widened.

What the...?!

"YO! BLAKE!"

All eyes went up to the tree branches overhead. Relief flooded Blake's body, and tears fell from her eyes.

There was Jaune, arms crossed over his chest, standing on a tree branch. The smart fabric from Gambol Shroud was wrapped around his head like a bandana, the ends waving slightly behind him. He grinned broadly, even through the cuts on his cheeks.

"JAUNE!" Blake cried out.

"You were right," Jaune called out, "And I realized something. I'm more afraid of losing my precious people... Than myself. So I won't give into fear..."

He grinned and gave a thumbs up.

"That's my ninja way!"

Blake's eyes widened in shocked recognition.

Did he... But how-?!

"KILL HIM!" Adam shouted. The White Fang opened fire with Dust rounds. Jaune vanished again in a cloud of smoke. Adam searched the trees quickly, as did Blake.

Where did he-?

She saw him on another tree branch. He jammed his fingers together into a familiar handseal, and his Aura burned like a sun.

"SHADOW CLONE JUTSU!"

While that first hit had hurt him, Adam wasn't a formidable warrior and terrorist for nothing. He fought them furiously, swinging Wilt around and slicing through the clones like a hot knife through butter. He was driven back, back, as more clones charged and began throwing rocks and anything else they could.

Blake felt a hand reach for her collar, and snap it open. Her Aura returned, and she took Jaune's hand.

"CHEESE IT!" Jaune shouted. They ran out of the cave, dodging gunfire, followed by Adam's roars of rage... And made it out into the nighttime forest.

Jaune pulled Blake onto his back with a grin.

"I'll handle the transportation! You just heal!" He said. He climbed up a tree gracefully, and began tree hopping through them. He sailed through the trees with ease and grace, his style... Remarkably similar to hers.

"Are-Are you okay, Jaune?" Blake asked.

"Yup!" Jaune said, "Though you should call this mode 'Genji'." He grinned back at her. "Thanks for everything."

"I... You saved me-"

"Yeah, but my Semblance lets me use your Semblance, and supercharge it! It's sooo awesome!" Genji cheered. "Wow, can I do it with other Semblances? That would be super cool! Bet I could beat up a whole lot of bad guys! And become the Arckage!"

"Is... Is there such a thing?" Blake asked, unable to help her little smile as they sailed through the trees.

"No... But I can dream, can't I?"

Blake actually giggled, and held on tightly.

Maybe her childhood dreams were so silly after all... If they could be realized like this.

- - -

Had? Mean have right? And what would this Jaune be called? Ju wan?

Had? Mean have right? And what would this Jaune be called? Ju wan?

well quoting the entire story post is a bit much besides the part your speaking of, still have is the correct term, and Ju Wan sounds like one of those edgy cultivator stories that makes no dang sense.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back