• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

[RWBY] RWBY Shorts

Ren's Martial Arts
Jaune and Ren sat together on a bench in Beacon's main courtyard, just enjoying the sunny day. A few leaves blown out of the green trees drifted by. Jaune sighed and leaned forward, resting his elbows on his knees, and his face on his hands.

"I'm sooo borrred," Jaune groaned.

"Did you do your homework?" Ren asked.

"Yes Ren, I was bored enough to do that," Jaune sighed. "You?"

"I did my homework, yes."

"Were you bored while doing it?"

"... Yes."

Both young men sighed quietly. Jaune looked over at Ren.

"Hey Ren... Not to disrespect the tragedy of your childhood but... You're like, a super awesome martial artist, right?"

"Yes."

"With all sorts of cool Aura techniques and fighting moves?"

"Yes."

"So like..." Jaune hummed. "Could you stop someone's heart with like, a punch?"

Ren blinked.

"... Why?"

"Because it would be cool? You have to admit, it would be cool."

Ren blinked twice... Then nodded.

"It would. I think I might have done it once."

"Really?" Jaune asked.

"Some bandit was trying to kidnap Nora," Ren said calmly, "I hit him with a full powered Aura palm strike in his chest. He stopped moving and breathing after that. Pretty sure that killed him."

"Okay," Jaune said, taking his friend's confession of murder while a child in stride. Well, not murder. Definitely self-defense. If some creep had tried to kidnap one of his sisters or girls he was close to, he'd kill the shit out of them, too. "But are you sure it was his heart and you didn't like, rupture any of his other organs?"

Ren blinked again and gave the matter some thought.

"Huh... I suppose I'm not entirely sure."

Jaune grinned.

"We should test it!"

Ren blinked.

"On who?"

- - -

Later, Yang went out to the training grounds. She yawned, and stretched her arms up over her head.

"Lazy Saturday..." She looked over and saw... Watermelons. Lots and lots of exploded fruits, vegetables, and meats littering the lawn.

"Eh?"

She followed the path of destruction out a little ways to a large tree and some old columns providing shade. Jaune and Ren were standing there, both wearing ponchos, goggles, and hats. Jaune was recording things with his Scroll behind a plastic screen, while Ren focused intently on a watermelon on a stone table.

"Okay... And...!"

Ren's fist burned with pink Aura energy, and unleashed a palm strike against the watermelon. It exploded into a shower of watermelon chunks, which Yang barely avoided.

"GAH! HEY! What the hell are you doing?!" Yang shouted angrily.

"Oh, hey Yang!" Jaune greeted cheerfully. "Ren once blew up a guy's heart with his martial arts, so we're seeing what else he can blow up! Wanna help?"

Yang blinked. She blinked again. She then grinned.

"You sons of bitches... I'm in!"

- - -

Jaune - "Blake, you have a nosebleed, did Adam break your nose?!?!"

Blake - "Just answer me! Can you only use your clones in battle, or elsewhere too?"

Blake is totally the type, and I rigorously deny ever having a Naruto phase. :V

*Blake in her sleeping yukata on a couch, surrounded by topless Jaune clones*

Yang: *walks by, yawning, and walks out*
Also Yang: *walks back in* "Waitaminute-"

Last edited:
She followed the path of destruction out a little ways to a large tree and some old columns providing shade. Jaune and Ren were standing there, both wearing ponchos, goggles, and hats. Jaune was recording things with his Scroll behind a plastic screen, while Ren focused intently on a watermelon on a stone table.

"Okay... And...!"

Ren's fist burned with pink Aura energy, and unleashed a palm strike against the watermelon. It exploded into a shower of watermelon chunks, which Yang barely avoided.

I'm going to date myself here, but does anyone remember Gallagher?

"GAH! HEY! What the hell are you doing?!" Yang shouted angrily.

"Oh, hey Yang!" Jaune greeted cheerfully. "Ren once blew up a guy's heart with his martial arts, so we're seeing what else he can blow up! Wanna help?"

Yang blinked. She blinked again. She then grinned.

"You sons of bitches... I'm in!"
A RWBY version of Mythbusters? With the possible addition of Nora? SIGN ME UP!!!

Childhood Friends: Pyrrha
Today is canonically Pyrrha's birthday! So let's all write some bits to celebrate our shy redheaded Amazon!

For starters...

- - -

Pyrrha Nikos sighed mentally as she kept up her professional smile. This Weiss Schnee was proving quite persistent this early in the morning, and was saying things she had heard a thousand times before in various forms. Nothing new. If she was going to make a fresh start at Beacon Academy, she really didn't think falling into the old ways was going to do it.

"Hey, name's Jaune Arc-"

Pyrrha's eyes widened and she spun around, her ponytail waving behind her dramatically. Her eyes locked onto the speaker-A tall blond boy with blue eyes, white armor, and a black hoodie. Her jaw dropped.

"J-Jaune?!" She gasped.

Weiss Schnee scowled deeply.

"What? Has this idiot bothered you before, Pyrrha?"

Jaune, for his part, stared in shock.

"Uh, have we met before?" He managed.

Pyrrha beamed.

"Jaune, it's me! Don't you remember?!"

Never in her life had she wanted to be recognized by someone more than this moment.

Jaune blinked, blinked again... Then the light of recognition filled his eyes, and he sucked in a deep breath.

"... Pyr?"

"YES!" Pyrrha laughed giddily. Jaune laughed with her and reached out with his long arms to pull her into a hug. One she gratefully, eagerly accepted. She bowed her head and sighed happily at his familiar warmth.

Off to the side, Weiss Schnee gaped at this embrace in utter disbelief.

"It's been so long!" Jaune laughed. "I really missed you! I kept sending you letters but you stopped replying!"

Pyrrha winced, then narrowed her eyes. She looked up at him apologetically.

"I-I'm really sorry, Jaune," she said earnestly, "After my fighting career took off, my mother became very, um, restrictive about my mail."

She hadn't thought that Mother could be so cruel to deny her letters from her childhood best friend. Well... She'd have to re-evaluate their relationship when next they met. Severely.

"W-Wow, looking kind of scary there, Pyr," Jaune chuckled nervously. Pyrrha coughed, and was all genuine smiles again. It felt good.

"Sorry, just... Nothing to do with you," she said quickly. "How are you?"

"I'm pretty good," Jaune said with a nod, "Trying to fulfill my dream. You're doing well, right?"

"Are you kidding?!" Weiss demanded. "You didn't recognize her?! She's PYRRHA NIKOS! Four time champion of the Mistral Regional Fighting Tournament!"

Jaune blinked, then grinned at Pyrrha.

"Really?! That's amazing, Pyr! I'm so proud of you!"

Pyrrha blushed heavily. His earnest praise meant more to her than millions of likes on her Facetagram.

"She's a model for many magazines!"

"That explains how you grew up into such a beauty," Jaune went on, "When we were little you were super cute, but I couldn't imagine how you'd grow up!"

Oh, this was a dream. A dream come true!

"SHE WAS ON THE FRONT OF PUMPKIN PETE CEREAL BOXES!" Weiss shouted, now sounding thoroughly exasperated. Why, Pyrrha didn't know or care.

"Oh cool! I got a hoodie by eating that! Sent in fifty boxtops," Jaune said cheerfully.

Weiss Schnee looked close to a conniption. Pyrrha Nikos could not care less.

"So," Jaune rubbed the back of his head, "Um... I was wondering if you'd like to-"

"Yes," Pyrrha said with a quick nod, "Anything. Including marriage."

Oh Gods why did I say that?! Pyrrha thought to herself frantically, Now he thinks I'm some kind of psycho!

Jaune went bright red but laughed it off. Her mortification vanished.

"Er... That's a little quick on the draw there, Pyr," he said, "I-I mean, last time we met you made me eat mud pies."

Pyrrha flushed deeply.

"They were good mud pies?" She tried.

"I'm sure they were," Jaune said dryly. "Anyway, if you wanted to team up, I think it would be-"

"Of course!" Pyrrha said happily. She took his hand in hers, blushing all the while. "I did say 'anything'."

They walked past the gobsmacked Weiss Schnee. Jaune chuckled.

"Well yeah, but a guy might take advantage of that."

"Not you," Pyrrha said with utter surety, "Definitely not you."

"Well, thanks Pyr," he said. "... So... Did you actually try the cereal before you agreed to be put on the box?"

"Yup."

"Did you know it's actually terrible?"

She laughed and leaned against him as they walked out into the sunlight.

All of her worries about Beacon were far, far away. Where they belonged.

- - -

What if pyrrhas older cousin comes to visit.

And she's gushing about how cool he is and he's her favorite relative, all that stuff. Just really making everyone super excited to meet him.

And he's basically a red haired slightly older Jaune.

So I'm not sure if this was asked before but with the weapons semblance, what happens if Jaune gets hold of two or more weapons at once? do the personalities merge? does a new one come into existence? something else?

And he's basically a red haired slightly older Jaune.

Wat...? Oh my god... He's Him.

__emiya_shirou_fate_and_2_more_drawn_by_kamonegi_meisou1998__a9a9cbab6c743b4e5a170751d86fab3a.png

Emiya Shirou is Pyrrha Nikos' cousin. What next? Jaune is Angra Mainyu in disguise? Is Weiss the new Caren?

Actually, remembering what happened between Angra Mainyu and Caren Hortensia... That might not necessarily be a bad thing.

"Well, thanks Pyr," he said. "... So... Did you actually try the cereal before you agreed to be put on the box?"

"Yup."

"Did you know it's actually terrible?"

She laughed and leaned against him as they walked out into the sunlight.

All of her worries about Beacon were far, far away. Where they belonged.

I felt my blood sugar spike after reading this short, great writing!

Wat...? Oh my god... He's Him.

__emiya_shirou_fate_and_2_more_drawn_by_kamonegi_meisou1998__a9a9cbab6c743b4e5a170751d86fab3a.png

Emiya Shirou is Pyrrha Nikos' cousin. What next? Jaune is Angra Mainyu in disguise? Is Weiss the new Caren?

Actually, remembering what happened between Angra Mainyu and Caren Hortensia... That might not necessarily be a bad thing.
Hey...do you think if we bred shirou with velvet we'd get a kid with a Throne of Heroes semblance/reality marble?

I mean velvet is kinda already shirou for rwby. She copies weapons and uses those weapons to copy the skills of the user. And her weapon creations are temporary.

Hey...do you think if we bred shirou with velvet we'd get a kid with a Throne of Heroes semblance/reality marble?

I mean velvet is kinda already shirou for rwby. She copies weapons and uses those weapons to copy the skills of the user. And her weapon creations are temporary.

I don't think that's how it happens. It's not hereditary (generally). It's a form of Magecraft, a very high ranking one, and you don't just have one. If it was that easy, mages would have bred themselves very powerful Reality Marbles and they would be common.

Remember, for mages, eugenics is their bread while backstabbing is their butter.

I don't think that's how it happens. It's not hereditary (generally). It's a form of Magecraft, a very high ranking one, and you don't just have one. If it was that easy, mages would have bred themselves very powerful Reality Marbles and they would be common.

Remember, for mages, eugenics is their bread while backstabbing is their butter.
Eh fair point. I know one of the requirements is a unique mindset or outlook different from normal logic.

Eh fair point. I know one of the requirements is a unique mindset or outlook different from normal logic.

Not necessarily. While that can help one develop a Realoty Marble, such as for Emiya, we don't actually know how it's done.

And Reality Marbles can be inherited. The Emiya family time altering stuff is a Reality Marble... supposedly. And NRVNQSR Chaos' Reality Marble was inherited by Maiko Yamase.

But that's not really something that appears to be normal. After all, Maiko got Lair of the Beast King when NVRNQSR Choas died because he had eaten her. And the Emiya magecraft might not necessarily be a Reality Marble as the wiki isn't always reliable. It might just be a very good Bounded Field.

Well since you've put crossovers in my head.

*Right after Yang gets her arm cut off*

Adam: ah. Well crap. Looks like I'm getting married, sorry Blake.

Blake: Buh?

Adam: My mom, may she happily burn in hell, taught me the family traditions. And Dismemberment isn't supposed to be on the table until at least the third honeymoon. Hopefully Blondie will forgive me.

Blake: what kind of messed up family is the Taurus?!

Adam: Wouldn't know, they never contacted my mom and my dad disappeared under mysteriously bloody circumstances.

Blake: So by family traditions you mean?

Adam: my mother, Arsenic Addams.

Blake: suddenly a lot of stuff is getting recontextualized.

Seeing Death
Alright, fuck it. If crossovers are allowed, here's a little something I just writ up in like an hour while sleep deprived.

Ever since he was young, Jaune Arc had been a strange boy. She could admit that she and her daughters weren't exactly thrilled with his oddities. But Isabel Arc had buried her fears and tried to be a good mother for her only son!

It was hard.

He was just so… so…

He looked at everything with the same cold, glassy eyed stare. His eyes reminded her of the huntsmen she had met during her tenure as a doctor. Huntsmen saw death every day. They killed Grimm, and were killed by Grimm.

She knew many huntsmen that had killed people, too. Mostly bandits and criminals who threatened lives. But she knew some had killed those who didn't exactly deserve it. Still, she was a doctor; it wasn't her place to decide who should be healed and who shouldn't.

But her little Jaune held those same eyes. Almost as if everywhere he looked, he only saw death. Like everything around him was crumbling to ashes. And no matter how much she detested it and tried to refuse it, the fact was…

Jaune scared her.

Ozpin drank the steaming hot chocolate out of his favorite mug. He liked to drink it while it was still hot enough to scald his mouth. It kept him awake and alert. Helped him focus on more important matters.

And one of those matters had come up again. Jaune Arc had enrolled in Beacon this year. Now, Ozpin knew he was old. He was going on nearly 172,000 years at this point, possibly a bit longer, it was hard to keep count. But the point was, he was old and had seen pretty much everything there was to see.

But this? This was new.

Well, not entirely. Ozpin met the boy a few times before, when Jaune was very young. It's not every day someone awakens their Semblance with their aura still locked, after all. And a three year old child, at that.

Ozpin had come and tried to help as best he could. But the boy was inconsolable. Ozpin originally thought was boy's Semblance was some kind of precognition, and it was causing him distress or showing him some horrid future.

Then the boy cut the bed perfectly in half with his fingernail.

Ozpin knew Jaune's Semblance was powerful, but it was something beyond his realm of expertise. He knew a lot, but the exact mechanics behind Semblances was not something he knew. He couldn't help the boy, so he recommended some professionals he knew and trusted.

He did not like what those people told him about Jaune's Semblance. Still, the family grew to be used to the Arc boy's weird oddities, and eventually the topic slipped Ozpin's mind.

Until he received the letter of Jaune Arc's transcripts. They were faked, obviously. But Ozpin didn't care. He knew the boy would be fine. More than fine, perhaps.

Of course, Ozpin's luck had quite run out at that point it seems. Because Jaune Arc somehow survived and passed Initiation without having his aura unlocked… but he had slain Grimm with ease. A single strike from his knife, and even the biggest and toughest Grimm collapsed dead at his feet.

All without aura.

Ozpin took another mouthful of hot cocoa down his throat and hummed to himself. An old lullaby he and Salem had sung to… his kids…

Once Jaune returned from Initiation, Ozpin had sent Glynda to unlock the boy's aura and test his Semblance. See what it could really do.

And now that he had the report in front of him? Ozpin was both utterly terrified and filled with hope for himself… and Salem.

Maybe this was what he needed? Maybe Jaune Arc is the blade that will finally, finally put an end to Salem and his lives.

Glynda had the boy cut through all kinds of materials. She recorded every second of it. Wood. Iron. Steel. Dust. Diamond. Even composite materials with the highest cutting resistance known to man.

Jaune Arc cut through them all with the same ease. He even used his fingernail on one instead of his knife.

Then Glynda, with his permission, took him out into the wilderness to test his Semblance in live combat scenarios.

The Nemean was famed for its durability. Its kind were almost, if not completely, immune to slashing and piercing attacks. But Jaune's knife slid right through and bisected the thing.

Then Glynda had a strange thought when she asked him what he knew of his Semblance. Jaune told her that he 'saw death' and could 'make it real'.

There was one type of Grimm that was… a particularly large pain in the Kingdom of Vale's backside. Whenever one moved into a place, it would have to be abandoned.

It's not that this specific species of Grimm was strong, fast or durable. In fact, they sucked at combat. What made them such a pain was the fact that they had very high capacity for potent regeneration. Every bit of damage was replaced in seconds.

You either had to smash the thing into paste before it could regen, or somehow burn, disintegrate or annihilate it down to the smallest giblet. And if you cut them into multiple pieces? The pieces would regenerate separately, creating more of them. In fact, supposedly there originally was only one, but a foolish human cut it into two, and then four, and then eight, and on and on it went.

No. Ozpin will not apologize.

But when Jaune Arc came face to face with a Gyuki, he cut through one of its legs and… it didn't regenerate!

Smirking at the memory of watching that video for the first time, the Headmaster of Beacon took another long sip. While he did, he thought back on all the information he had gathered on Jaune Arc's Semblance.

'Seeing death' and 'making it real'. Jaune always cuts in perfectly, unnaturally straight lines. It stops regeneration. The haunted look constantly in Jaune's eyes.

It brought a worrying realization to Ozpin.

Jaune Arc was being truthful when he said he 'saw death'. Whenever he saw people, he literally saw them die. Constantly. Since he was three.

After confronting him, Jaune explained his Semblance fully. Jaune Arc could see 'Lines' and 'Points' in things. At first he thought they were weaknesses, but then he stabbed the point on a door and it twisted and bent until it could no longer be called a door.

No. Jaune Arc's Semblance was what Ozpin had been seeking all this time! Jaune saw death, and he 'made it real'. His Semblance was seeing the 'End of Existence' of something and actualizing it.

That's why the Gyuki didn't regenerate! Because Jaune 'killed' the parts he cut. That severed body part no longer existed as 'Gyuki's leg' and, because the very concept of 'Gyuki's leg' had been 'killed', it couldn't regenerate the lost limb, almost as if the fact it had an 8th limb was erased from existence.

Yes… Yes…! He wasn't exactly comfortable inducting a first year student into his Inner Circle this early in the year, but… How could he pass up this chance? A chance to deal with Salem for good, without invoking the Brother Gods and bringing them back.

And then they'll finally be free. Salem will be free. He will be free.

He just… Ozma wanted to die so fucking badly.

Having a student with the possibility of actually succeeding? Of making it stick? It burned to have to wait.

But Ozpin could wait. He had waited for so long already. What's a few months? Once he brought Jaune up to speed, he'd have him help dealing with the Fall Maiden problem. Jaune was confident he could 'kill' someone's aura, so all he needed were two good hits. Should be easy enough.

And then he'll bring Jaune to Salem. Once Ozpin confirms that Salem is gone and not coming back?

Only then will Ozma beg for death. For rest. He had been awake for so, so long. He had the blood of hundreds, thousands of innocent men, women and children on his hands. Is it so wrong that he just wanted it to end?

And end it shall. For Jaune's eyes could see it. Ozpin could see. Jaune had watched him die. Not Ozpin. Jaune watched Ozma die. His perception of the concept of death was inhuman, and just what he needed more than anything else.

"Ah."

Ozpin smiled and sipped his cooling chocolate.

"That's a good name for it."

Glynda glanced at him, putting her scroll down. "Pardon, Headmaster?"

"Jaune's Semblance." Ozpin nodded. "I just came up with the perfect name."

Glynda Goodwitch pulled out a pen and notebook. "And it is?"

Seems she was as interested in the boy as he was. Then again, maybe she was interested for a different reason than he was. Ozpin had seen her stash, and Jaune hit all of her buttons.

Hm. He'll see about getting them alone together more often. If Jaune Arc was truly capable of ending his suffering, then as his Headmaster he should reward him appropriately. A good witch wife seems like a nice reward.

"How about: The Mystic Eyes of Death Perception?"

Damn it, now you've got me imagining Jaune with Return By Death.

> Jaune's semblance allows him to go back in time whenever he dies, but he has perfect memory of what happens each time and each gruesome detail.
> Team RWBY and JNPR have to deal with an increasingly more traumatized Jaune while having no idea what caused it.
> However he also grows more skilled, strategic and charismatic seeming to perfectly account for and emerge unscathed from any obstacle.
> When you die as often as Jaune does sometimes all you can rely on is your diplomatic skills and likability.
> Weiss isn't sure how to react when Jaune shoves her out of the way of an Alpha Beringel that would have killed her, gets its arm shoved into his stomach, and only concerns himself with her well-being.
> Why would he do this when she's only ever insulted him?
> When he meets with Penny, she immediately announces that he is showing signs of horrific trauma and PTSD and reverts to her emotional therapy training module.
> Etc.

Penny truly is Best Robot Girl.

I would impregnate that robot if I could.

Penny: "I will now initiate Max mode!"

*Chest and ass inflate and she hugs Jaune*

Weiss: what the hell?

Penny: my father added in a mental health mode, cuddling is very helpful and the soldiers seemed to prefer this configuration to the stomach one even though it gave a larger soft huggable area.

Ruby: why is it called Max mode?

Penny: it was originally based off of the robot in that movie "big huntsmen 7" but father got very upset when the soldiers kept calling me Bae-max.

Weiss:....just how much funding was wasted on this?

Penny: mental health is no waste friend Weiss *pause* also I have been given orders by the general to never answer that question.

Ruby: guys I think Jaune is suffocating.

Jaune: *muffled* no. leave me.

Last edited:
I guess Pyrrha needs to give her Aunt Shampoo a call to find out how she nabbed Uncle Ranma.

Though, on the subject of dark crossovers... Slayers. More specifically, Jaune is in the same boat as Luke and holds one of the seven fragments of Ruby Eye Shabranigdu within his soul. He's also well aware of his passenger.

On a lighter note, Jaune's paternal grandparents are Lina and Gourry; Nick got his blonde himboness from his father and his aura is a mix of his parents' own bucket capacities. Maybe Lina and Gourry got caught in a magical trap and arrived in Remnant, with Lina quickly adapting her magic to draw on the native Dark Lord, and in their adventures they eventually settled down. Hilarity ensues when the grandparents visit.

Last edited:
Here's an idea. Using the Nasuverse because I love the Nasuverse...

What if, Jaune's Semblance was "Lair of the Beast King"? Have him become NRVNQSR Arc.

Actually... What if the Dead Apostles existed? Not-Vampires born from Not-Super-Vampires, themselves born from Not-Super-Vampire-Fairies? Relatively rare, incredibly powerful beings that would need a full team of huntsmen-in-training, or a good huntsman to take down?

And then there's the 27 Dead Apostle Ancestors. Each so powerful that it would take multiple full teams of lisensed huntsmen to even drive one off, and that's with heavy casualties.

And then... the True Ancestors. A single one of them could walk into a Kingdom and completely raze it to the ground. The only silver lining is that there's only one left, and the Moon Princess seems perfectly content to not bother humanity.

And if Jaune is NRVNQSR Chaos, he'd be one of the 27 Dead Apostle Ancestors. He'd also be one of the few that wasn't an actual Dead Apostle, since the only real requirement is that you're a "Blood Sucker" and eating people counts, which he'd tend to do, so...

The Arc Clan: Edward Elric
Now, I've filled out Jaune Arc's family myself because again... We've only met one sister. Never met his parents. And while a lot of fics like to fill out his other sisters with crossovers... I suggest we go bigger.

Every member of Jaune Arc's family is an expy, a crossover, and there are a LOT of them. And they just keep popping up all over Remnant! Because the Arc family is at least as prolific as the Duck family in the Milton Banks Donald Duck comics. Even more so!

So, to start us off...

- - -

"Uggghhh," Ruby moaned. She sniffled over the box, the coffin for her poor, poor baby. She was dressed all in black, and loudly blew her nose with one of Jaune's thoughtfully provided handkerchiefs.

"Dearly beloved," she announced to the six other people in the Bastinda Memorial Gardens, "We are gathered here to pay our final respects to my most beloved, trusted friend ever..."

"Gee, thanks," Weiss grumbled.

"Crescent Rose!" Ruby sobbed. Nora was crying right alongside her, and patted her on the back. Yang looked caught between deep concern and amusement. Blake was unreadable. Pyrrha was trying her damnedest to smile politely. Ren was using his Semblance so hard he was nearly black and white.

"Why can't she just fix it?" Blake asked.

"The part that goes with it is no longer produced," Yang sighed, "And Dad won't spot her the money to machine a new one."

"But he will spot her the money for a new weapon?" Weiss asked skeptically.

"Well the school will help with that, not the spare part-It's complicated," Yang sighed.

Ruby sniffled, as Nora patted her on the back.

"Why... Why must the good die young?" Nora sobbed.

"Where's Jaune?" Ruby mumbled, looking like her heart was breaking, "I-I thought he'd be here..."

"Wow, he finally found something better to do with his time," Weiss scoffed. Yang elbowed her. "OW! What?"

"He said he was seeing a relative-" Pyrrha tried, but the blond soon rounded a corner.

"WAIT! WAIT! HANG ON!" He shouted. Following close behind him was a very old man, much shorter than Jaune. Yet he kept pace easily with the teenager... Though panted just as hard as they arrived at Crescent Rose's "coffin". His hair was stark white and waved back in a tightly wound ponytail. His beard was neatly cut. His eyes were yellow, almost gold, and his chin was rounded on his strong jaw. He wore a simple white button up shirt, black waist coat, black slacks, and boots... As well as white gloves. One wrist was obviously flesh, but the other barely concealed metal.

"Haa... Haa... Sorry Ruby," Jaune said, "I told my Great-Great-Uncle Ed about it, and he insisted we come!"

"Haa... Haa... Haaa... Lemme catch my breath," Ed said. He stood up and groaned. "Ooh... Damn, not as spry anymore..."

"Come on Grunkle Ed," Jaune laughed, "You're spryer than any other one hundred and twenty-year-old man I know!"

"Heh, you're right about that, kid," Ed chuckled.

"ONE HUNDRED TWENTY YEARS OLD?!" Most of team RWBY and JNPR cried. Ed sighed.

"Yes, yes, good healthy living, activated Aura, and my wife makes me take yoga. Pain in the ass is what it is,"

He chuckled.

"Though it does let Winry and me have some fun in the bedroom-"

"GRUNKLE ED!" Jaune groaned. Ed cackled like a banshee.

"Aw come on! You know how are family is! Where do you think all your uncles and aunts came from? Now, let's see, what's the device in question?"

"Um... Here, sir," Ruby said, pointing down to Crescent Rose. Ed knelt down, and pulled on a pair of glasses. He huffed.

"Ugh... Hand me a screwdriver, will ya girly?"

"S-Sure!" Ruby said worriedly, "But what are you going to do?"

Ed worked quickly, and pulled out the component in question. Well, what was left of it. It had burned out. Ed examined it carefully, and hummed. He looked over at Jaune.

"Boy! You don't look like you're doing anything important!" He barked. "Get me a fork, some wires, and some tungsten-"

"Right here, sir!" Ruby said quickly, handing the components over. Ed raised his eyebrows.

"Hmmm... I like you, girly," Ed said. "All right..."

He carried the materials to a stone table, and set them all down. The teams gathered about, as Grunkle Ed clapped his hands together... And then held them over the various materials.

A red light shone from his hands as archaic symbols glowed on the back of his hands. In a flash, the raw materials were gone and a new component lay in its place. Ruby gasped.

"It... How...?"

"Grunkle Ed's Semblance is called 'Transmutation'," Jaune said with a proud grin, "He shares it with Uncle Alphonse! It lets him basically make anything he wants-OW!"

Ed had punched Jaune in the arm with a scowl.

"Hardly! It requires a lot of math, hard work, and studying!" He huffed. "You all from Arturia's branch of the family... Swords and more swords, bah! Ever thought about using your brains for once?"

"Fighting with a sword and shield takes brains too," Jaune grumbled.

"Feh! Should've come study under me," Ed harrumphed, "Would've made you fight like an Elric-Arc!"

Ruby installed the device, and held up Crescent Rose. It mechashifted flawlessly into its sniper mode, then back into it's scythe mode. With a happy gasp, she turned to Jaune and Ed, tears in her eyes.

"Oh... Th-Thank you! Thank you so much!"

"Thank Jaune, I'm married," Ed chuckled.

"Wha-MMPH!"

Ruby kissed Jaune right on the lips. Yang gaped, Ren stared, Blake blinked, Weiss gasped at the scandal, Pyrrha glared, and Nora whooped.

"WOOHOO! ONE OF MY SHIPS! YAY!" She beamed at Ed. "Wow! Great work, Grunkle Ed!"

"No problem," Ed grinned, "Anything for one of my favorite nephews... Even if he is dumb. Still! I suppose if he married Ruby, it would even things out for their kids-"

"M-Marry?!" Pyrrha gasped in horror.

"Well, um, it's very impressive that you can do that," Weiss said with a nod.

"Yeah, heh," Yang chuckled, though she was definitely shooting glares at Jaune, "You really didn't come up short!"

Jaune's eyes widened and broke the kiss.

"Yang, No-Grunkle Ed-She didn't mean-!"

Ed laughed.

"Aw, relax kid! I'm over that!" The ancient man waved a hand, "I'm not so sensitive anymore!"

"To what? Short jokes?" Yang asked.

"Yup," Ed said with a nod. "Especially when a beautiful young woman says it."

Yang blushed.

Jaune sighed in relief.

"Oh good, I was afraid your temper was still short after-"

Grunkle Ed shifted his mechanical arm into a gun and pointed the barrel in the terrified Jaune's face.

"WHAT?! ARE YOU CALLING YOUR BELOVED GRUNKLE A TINY LITTLE PIPSQUEAK THE SIZE OF AN ANT?!"

"N-NO! OF COURSE NOT!"

"GOOD! KEEP IT THAT WAY!"

- - -

Feel free to make your own!

And in case you missed it?

[/URL]

This is Jaune's Great-Great Uncle, though he just calls him Grunkle for short.

Last edited:
Hmm...

Would Thorkell from Vinland Saga be a bit much as a relative?

I mean he was a damn FREAK in his original setting, what would he be like now?

... now I'm kinda imagining Raven and her entire tribe showing up at Tai's doorstep because she's desperate to shake off an abhorrent admirer in the form of the walking force of Nature called Thorkell the Tall.

Thorkell without Aura.

Hmm...

Would Thorkell from Vinland Saga be a bit much as a relative?

I mean he was a damn FREAK in his original setting, what would he be like now?

... now I'm kinda imagining Raven and her entire tribe showing up at Tai's doorstep because she's desperate to shake off an abhorrent admirer in the form of the walking force of Nature called Thorkell the Tall.

Thorkell without Aura.

Go for it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back