• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

[RWBY] RWBY Shorts

Had the fun dumb idea of giving cardin's teammates dumb or useless semblances (worthy of secondary background characters)

Dove Bronzewing - can know the breed of any bird up on sight.
that's not a semblances, that's a real life skill/talent.

Not well at first, mainly because she was so used to regimented living. Suddenly having toddlers and children to look after? Culture shock. But Jaune helps guide her along.
- Jaune is basely a househusband and needs pyrrha to teach him how to fight, now what if pyrrha know nothing about household duties and need jaune's help to learn it. maybe she want to make something for her mother/father/family-friend as a gift and nearly burns down the kitchen trying to do it when jaune find her and offer's to help teach her how to do it.
so basely similar to the idea that I had before, just better worded.

also still waiting on the criticism for this:

Some more free ideas:

-Jaune asks Blake for training in Aura Slashes since he wants to be stronger. Blake, seeing just HOW much Aura he has, thinks this would be a good idea.

He then unleashes an Aura slash that slices a car in half.

Blake recognizes Jaune has some plucky Shonen hero tropes and... Well.. She can't help herself.

-Jaune being an assistant to a Doc Brown style mad scientist and having gone through some crazy time traveling adventures before Beacon would change him. In what ways?

-Kali arrives at Beacon to reconnect with Blake before the Vytal Festival. Hilarity ensues.

-Pyrrha's obnoxious agent tries to get Jaune to date her for publicity reasons. Pyrrha is initially happy about this but not it being made into a scandal rag special.

-Weiss and Pyrrha nearly burn down the dorm trying to cook. Their other teammates must now teach them cooking. Mainly Jaune.

-Penny attempts to emulate her friends to better understand human behavior. Her interpretations are a bit too on the nose in some cases...

-Isabel and Nick Arc take up teaching positions part-time at Beacon. How do things change?

-What are some other religions of Remnant alongside the Church of the Broken Table?
A bit of a spoiler for The New Teacher: I already got Carol being part of a trans-humanist cult\religion that believe in a 'God in the Machine' and was gonna use that to bring some of the same themes of 'what it means to be human' from Ghost in the Shell

A bit of a spoiler for The New Teacher: I already got Carol being part of a trans-humanist cult\religion that believe in a 'God in the Machine' and was gonna use that to bring some of the same themes of 'what it means to be human' from Ghost in the Shell

Ooh, what about elements of the Church of the Broken God thrown in too?

that's not a semblances, that's a real life skill/talent.

so basely similar to the idea that I had before, just better worded.

also still waiting on the criticism for this:

in regards to the MACH team. WONDERFUL! You made good lore that can read as a Summary of the Team for people that need Huntsman or for the Mission Handler that looks at Huntsman team and recommends teams. I love what you did with them and references aside, I can see the Frontier Origin Huntsman Teams having any variant of those members of MACH is a good way of doing this. all the good stuff you put in is great, looking forward to seeing more/.

You used my ideas quite well. To expand on some of them. Gunpowder guns with Spicy dust round variants and Elemental modules(think our world incendiary and taser rounds for Remnant with Dust, and Borderlands type elemental modules to change damage dealing(Radiation Damage could be a thing as well), as well as Grenade, Rocket and Missile payloads having Dust in the mix), Gasoline Guzzlers as a cheaper to make vehicle option for the Frontier Villages and Towns, Radio and walkie talkies came first before CCT(infrastructure to support communication is also implied), maybe even Remnant variants of other types of telecommunication as well; Given that the Scrolls have a Aura meter tracker, Pipboy like devices as the predecessor which started of as Monochrome Screens and advancement that is basically a Wrist mounted Smartphone with even more functions and features and then into first scrolls(meaning all Not-Pipboy devices are practically surplus for everyone in the Frontier to use, but Scrolls are more modern. Why not make it so that there are some Scroll Variant that are Retro-themed and are a wrist mounted frame for Scrolls that acts like a Holographic popup?) and all the amazing advancement is going from Great War tech to the RWBY era is something that can be used in anyone's works. We have people willing to buy older automobiles, pick up trucks, milsurp weapons, and so on. That sort of mentality in the Deathworld of Remnant would have been a standard, not exception.

Last edited:
Sloth Jaune
For another Jaune.

Sloth Jaune the Gym Bro.

"You never sleep better than when you're incapable of moving bro. Muscle gains equal sleep gains."

I'm gonna try with the Sloth Jaune. Hopefully, it's good.

Sloth

Combat Class

Glynda: Cardin Winchester Vs Jaune Arc

Sl. Jaune: Can I decline?

Glynda: No.

Sl. Jaune: Fine.

Both students entered combat. Sl. Jaune just dodges all attack by Cardin.

Cardin: *Angry* Stop dodging and fight back!

Sl. Jaune: Fine. *Use Aura Dash and knocks out Cardin.*

Sl. Jaune: What a drag.

Two Birds, One Stone.

Sl. Jaune: Nora, I challenge you to working out contest.

Nora: You're on, Jaune-Jaune.

Ren: You sure about this Jaune? Nora can be... challenging.

Sl. Jaune: Of course bro.

Pyrrha and Ren acts as Judge.

Pyrrha: Alright first, side to side jumps for 30 seconds.

Sl. Jaune: I got 80.

Nora: Hah, I got 92.

Ren: Nora wins.

Pyrrha: Next, the 1 500 meter run.

Nora: These legs are THE THUNDER THIGH!

Sl. Jaune: On your left.

Nora: Wait what?!

Ren: Jaune wins.

Pyrrha: Finally, weightlifting.

Both Sl. Jaune and Nora lifting their weights at 2 200 kg and couldn't do more.

Nora and Jaune becomes tired from working out. Ren put them on a stretcher. Pyrrha use her semblance to move them to JNPR room.

Sl. Jaune: This so worth it.

Ren: I do hope so, Nora certainly passed out smiling.

Sl. Jaune: I remember a guy used to say this back at my village. Two birds, one stone.

Ren: Oh? How does that relate to this?

Sl. Jaune: You never sleep better than when you're incapable of moving, bro. Muscle gains equal sleep gains.

Budget Problems

Sl. Jaune: Here Professor. *Hands over a brief case and a bunch of papers.*

Glynda: *Opens it and see a large amount of money and immediately becomes alarmed.* Mr. Arc, what is the meaning of this?!

Sl. Jaune: The solution for your budget problems. There should be about 10 000 lien in there. Take a look at the paper.

Glynda: These are contracts... for tomatoes?

Sl. Jaune: Ren teaches me about using Aura to promote plants growth. Since I got plenty of it I decided to grow some tomato with the method.

Glynda: Mr. Arc, you alone won't be able to fulfill the amount needed for the contracts.

Sl. Jaune: I know that, which is why I teach the second and third year the method and told them to practice on the new Beacon Tomato Farm. I even got the General to modify his old robots as tomato harvester. Honestly, this was much better than using his new robots to step on the old ones. Then I sell them as exclusive product of Beacon to Hanz, the Baked Bean Company and some restaurants in Vale. Thus, I solved the budget problem.

*Oobleck suddenly enters the office.*

Oobleck: I hear we got more budget.

Glynda: How did you even know that?

Oobleck: How about adding some money to the coffee budget?

Glynda: No. Now, get out. *Oobleck wisely steps out.*

*Ozpin suddenly enter the office.*

Ozpin: Ah Glynda, I hear-

Glynda: Out.

Ozpin: But co-

Glynda: OUT! *Ozpin quickly left the office.*

Jaune will be known that day as the student who efficiently solved the budget problem of Beacon. On the other hand, Beacon became popular for its high quality tomatoes.

Best Buy

Sl. Jaune: It's here!!!

*Deliveryman giving boxes of various sizes.*

Pyrrha: What's here?

Sl. Jaune: My packages. All the items I need for the most satisfying sleep.

*Opens a box and shows a bed.*

Sl. Jaune: Behold, the best bed in the whole of Remnant. Patch Latex Hybrid Mattresses. With natural latex is highly breathable and organic Vale wool helps regulate body temperature. Even got certified to be free of harmful chemicals, fillers, and emissions.

*Opens the next box and shows four pillows.*

Sl. Jaune: This is the best pillows ever known to the world. Vacuo Value Sleep, the core of the pillow consists of mainly feather, which is firmer, surrounded by mainly down, which is softer. I bought one for each of you.

Nora: *Happy* Thanks fearless leader. *Fluff the pillow to see if it returns to its original shape.* Oh wow.

*Opens the last box and shows a large blanket.*

Sl. Jaune: Lastly, the best blanket in the four kingdoms. Mantle Warm Up. 100% cotton blankets and weaved with a safe amount of Fire Dust, limited edition, only 10 are made every year.

Ren: You must have some tough competition.

Sl. Jaune: Some guy named Jacques wanted it but I managed to snatch it first.

Nora: You don't have body pillow? I though they were also a necessity for good night sleep?

Sl. Jaune: I did order a dakimakura from Mistral but they won't arrive in time for my sleep

Pyrrha: How about using me as a body pillow Jaune? I'm warm, flexible and cuddly. It will definitely help you sleep better.

Ren: I don't think-(Pyrrha glares at him.) On second thought, she is right.

Sl. Jaune: Well, I'm not arguing.

That night, Jaune got his 8 hours of sleep, on the best bed in the whole of Remnant, with the softest pillow known to man along with the highest quality blanket. And Pyrrha? She was very happy being used as a body pillow by Jaune.

-Pyrrha's obnoxious agent tries to get Jaune to date her for publicity reasons. Pyrrha is initially happy about this but not it being made into a scandal rag special.

Pyrrha fires her agent veeerryyy publicly and then to salvage the situation trains Jaune so hard that he ends up winning the Vytal tournament (think that one story where Jaune ended up in Beacon alone - Pineapple iirc)

Wouldnt work too well with the references i'm trying to make
If I may make a suggestion: why not both? made the religion you want to write the main one, while the one with elements of the church of the broken god as an off-shoot/heretical of the main religion, kind of like the catholic and protestant with Christianity.
or you know forget I said anything. It's your story, write whatever you want.

have an idea for two scenes:
before anything, does anyone know if there is character with a semblance like flamethrower, fireball or something similar in the show? or will an oc have to used?
-the first scene is Nora brandish Yang, cocks her like a gun and saying, "I've got a flamethrower, and I'm not afraid to use her!", only to be told that it the other person who has that semblance. following which Nora looks downs at Yang with a look of surprise/betrayal, dropping Yang and grabbing the other person.
kind of like this:
Equippable_Ally_4717.png

the second one is based on this:
Some more free ideas:

-Kali arrives at Beacon to reconnect with Blake before the Vytal Festival. Hilarity ensues.
and might be found by some to be
Kali arrives at Beacon, while walking around, trying to find Blake, she passes jaune and Ren carrying a box and overhears them saying, that blake has given birth and how their going to have to get rid of her and the kittens. Kali is horrified by this, start ranting at them and demands that they give her back her daughter and grandchildren, without let them get a word in edgewise. Jaune and Ren are like "Um, ok, here you go weird lady", thinking that Kali is one people who consider their pets to be their children, and hand over the box to her. Now this could go two ways: one way is that Kali opens the box then and there only to find out it has an actual cat and kittens in it. Kali is so shock that this gives Jaune and Ren a chance to explain that a cat wearing a collar with says Blake had snuck into their dorm room and give birth and that they were taking them to either the reception to find the cats owner or to a shelter.
or the other way is that Kali leaves with the box and only after she away from Jaune and Ren, does she open the box find out about the cats. after taking the box to the reception desk, Kali finds Blake sitting with team RW_Y and JNPR where Jaune and Ren have already told the others what had happened. it ends with the misunderstanding being cleared up and the belladonnas sitting there in embarrassment.
The reason for this is that I thought up a scene in which Kali asks Blake "where are her grandkittens?" or "when will Blake give her grandkittens?", only for someone else, maybe whos just passing by, to hand her a box filled with kittens saying "here"

I'm not apologizing. I'll see myself out.

Last edited:
Some more free ideas:

-Isabel and Nick Arc take up teaching positions part-time at Beacon. How do things change?

Depends on the classes. Isabel takes up combat medicine, maybe uses anyone as an assistant.

Nick becomes an assistant to Glynda? Offers advice at the end of spars. Think similar to my Winter usage in 'No Secrets'. Likely no funny challenges from the Band of Merry Misfits and such.

Also potential hilarity with Glynda trying not to flirt with Nick, and the girls in Isabel's class getting more than they bargained for in terms of anatomy lessons because of pictures of Jaune and Saphron.

I think I need to cut down on how much Ruby stuff I'm reading. I had a weird dream where team Rwby and Phyra where all fighting for Jaune's attention and while they were distracted buy each other Neo decided to go for Jaune. By the time they finally sorted things out Neo was married to Jaune and pregnant with quintuplets.

I'll be honest what's really funny is what I told my brother about it he started bouncing ideas around on why would Neo not be in crime and the conclusion we came to was Roman decided to go into politics after Cinder died early.

I kinda like the idea of some of the RWBY and JNPR crew having kids that are very very different from their parents, but there's still a hint of them there.

Also I just kinda like the idea of Nora ending up with the speed demon kid instead of Ruby.

Nora: Max! Don't you dare.

*Little boy with a naturally sleepy/bored look takes a runners stance*

Nora: Max it's just a bath! Your brother isn't pitching a fit.

Max: Thunder set.

Nora: MAX!!

Max: Launching. *Proceeds to bounce around the room 30 times while picking up speed then smash out a window*

Nora: Brothers damn it!

* Second much taller and muscular looking kid perks up from the bathtub*

Nora: Shu. Do not.

Shu: too late mom!

*Nora seems to lose some of her anger and stress as shu bulks up even more*

Shu: wait for me max! Quake. With. FEAR!

*Naked shu smashes out the wall and jumps outside*

Nora: stop naming your attacks like a anime! It's only cool the first couple times!

+++++++++++

Maximilian Thurdos Lie - (name references. In Batman there's a villain named Maximilian who thinks he's Zeus. Thurdos is a reference the daughter of Thor)

Semblance - Lightning enhancement. Bumps up his speed and reaction time massively.

Same hair and eyes as his mother. Spends most of his time relaxing and sleeping. Loves thunderstorms but outside of that HATES water.

Shu Mu Lie ( since Ren is based off of Mulan then I decided to make his son Mushu)

semblance - emotional enhancement. Can passively and actively drain emotions near him to enhance his strength massively.

Looks like a fair more muscular version of his father. Shu is arrogant and destructive with a love of just having a good time.

Claims that every emotion has a different taste and fear taste like dark chocolate covered bananas. One of his favorite foods.

Last edited:
Some prompts for this Friday:

-How would Nick and Isabel get along with each of Jaune's friends?

-Pyrrha and Yang, courtesy of a magical artifact they found, switch bodies. Hilarity ensues as each tries to pretend to be the other until Ozpin can figure out a solution.

-Jaune runs across ancient ruins during his journey to Beacon. These ruins hold an ancient underground fortress known as the Batcave. Once the home of the Batman...

-Some more prompts for "Cowboys of Remnant":

>The first time Jaune killed a man, to defend Rooster Duke. How did he handle it?

>Jaune tries to set Orleans up with a nice stallion so she can have a foal of her own.

>Yang tries a more conservative and old fashioned method to get Jaune's attention.

>Another old friend of Jaune's from the cattle drives has gone outlaw with a gang of thugs. And wants to duel Jaune to prove who the best gunfighter is.

-Blake and Weiss do try to be friends for Ruby's sake... And find they have more in common than they thought.

-Sun and Ren bond over martial arts.

Some prompts for this Friday:

-How would Nick and Isabel get along with each of Jaune's friends?

-Pyrrha and Yang, courtesy of a magical artifact they found, switch bodies. Hilarity ensues as each tries to pretend to be the other until Ozpin can figure out a solution.

-Jaune runs across ancient ruins during his journey to Beacon. These ruins hold an ancient underground fortress known as the Batcave. Once the home of the Batman...

-Some more prompts for "Cowboys of Remnant":

>The first time Jaune killed a man, to defend Rooster Duke. How did he handle it?

>Jaune tries to set Orleans up with a nice stallion so she can have a foal of her own.

>Yang tries a more conservative and old fashioned method to get Jaune's attention.

>Another old friend of Jaune's from the cattle drives has gone outlaw with a gang of thugs. And wants to duel Jaune to prove who the best gunfighter is.

-Blake and Weiss do try to be friends for Ruby's sake... And find they have more in common than they thought.

-Sun and Ren bond over martial arts.

-I think they would like them in general, but Isabel would grill the girls to see if they are suitable for her little boy.

-Yang starts to see why Pyrrha likes Jaune so much, the way he takes command, she likes training him, witnessing his sheer potential and drawing it out, she finds him charming and fun when he isn't trying to be suave (walking in on him in the shower helped), at first Ruby liked the new more polite Yang but soon gets tired of the constant apologising and wants her sister back.

-Jaune steals the batmobile and runs over Cinder and her minions by accident saving Amber in the process.

-Nora gets an idea to make a calendar, now Jaune is doing sexy cowboy poses much to his embarrassment, the calendar becomes a best seller.

-Depends on Remnants culture about killing others, if Adams death is anything to go by it's semi normal and not that much of an issue, maybe have a hug and drink afterwards but just get on with it business as usual.

-Orleans is in many ways like Weiss, she is a complete tsundere.

-It's super effective, so effective in fact that her dad is walking her down the aisle and is looking forward to being a mother, damn the old methods are clearly old for a reason, they work.

-It's high noon and Jaune just activated his Dead Eye mode, trick kill shots are bound to happen.

-Ruby soon regrets making them friends, one horny runaway pervert and stuck up tsundere princess was enough, now it's in stereo, Yang's no help since she decided to hide in Jaunes bed, clearly Zwei is her only hope to resolve this.

-Goku / Vegeta rivalry intensifies.

Radian's central square (despite it being a big circle) needs some businesses aside from the Arc-En-Ciel Castle Hospital. Any thoughts?

What businesses and things are in the center of what was once the capital city of a great kingdom? I'm thinking there is a statue of Joan D'Arc in the center. Or at least a memorial to her since she did save Radian and Gallia.

But what else?

Radian's central square (despite it being a big circle) needs some businesses aside from the Arc-En-Ciel Castle Hospital. Any thoughts?

What businesses and things are in the center of what was once the capital city of a great kingdom? I'm thinking there is a statue of Joan D'Arc in the center. Or at least a memorial to her since she did save Radian and Gallia.

But what else?

A museum like the Smithsonian in DC?

But what else?

Arc-En-Ciel?

Wasn't Ciel Soleil that girl from Atlas Academy that appeared a few times, along with Penny? Sounds like an excuse for a visit.

There would probably be a privately owned bookstore, with all the dirty books in a shadowy corner for Blake. An antique store with everything from farm tools to first generation mechashift weapons. I imagine a fancy bakery wouldn't be out of place either.

Arc-En-Ciel?

Wasn't Ciel Soleil that girl from Atlas Academy that appeared a few times, along with Penny? Sounds like an excuse for a visit.

There would probably be a privately owned bookstore, with all the dirty books in a shadowy corner for Blake. An antique store with everything from farm tools to first generation mechashift weapons. I imagine a fancy bakery wouldn't be out of place either.

Arc-en-Ciel is French for "Rainbow". It seemed appropriate for Jaune's ancestral castle. Arcadia is the name of the manor they had before it burned down in a fire and was abandoned. Though they keep their ancestral crypt there.

Arc-En-Ciel is also the ship name for a Jaune Harem.

-Jaune runs across ancient ruins during his journey to Beacon. These ruins hold an ancient underground fortress known as the Batcave. Once the home of the Batman..

Lets just hope he doesn't punch Roman into a vat of dangerous chemicals, though.

On an sort-of related note, Yang would look hot in a flight jacket and riding a rocket.

Last edited:
Lets just hope he doesn't punch Roman into a vat of dangerous chemicals, though.

On an sort-of related note, Yang would look hot in a flight jacket and riding a rocket.

Gotta wonder what Blake or other Faunus would think of a human guy dressing up like Batman, or Spiderman for example.

I don't see Roman as the Joker... if he's any of the bats rouges he's probably closer to Penguin

History of Radian and the Arcs
Radian was the capital of Gallia (a kingdom of North Sanus) for many centuries and is where the Arc Dynasty ruled from. It was a sleepy mining and farming town before Joan D'Arc gathered a small ragtag group of friends and overthrew the Witch Queen of Argus nearly a thousand years ago. Her monument still stands in the town center where the roads intersect.

Arc-En-Ciel Castle was once the home of the Arc Dynasty of kings and queens who ruled well up til three centuries before the present time. But when King Roland III abdicated after defeating his father King Louis X (who had become a power mad tyrant), the capital of Gallia shifted to the larger city Lutetia. Gallia itself joined the larger kingdom of Vale in alliance against the Vytal Empire. Radian became a bit of a backwater again, though the Arcs were still nobles.

They moved out of the decaying castle due to lack of funds to maintain it about a century before the Great War and lived in Arcadia, a smaller fortified manor near where the tall CCT repeater tower stands now. By the time of the Great War, Arcadia was burned to the ground and the main Arc family moved into a farmhouse on the grounds. Many of their former vassals such as the Sith, DuLoc, Galahad and Bedevere families followed suit in the south eastern Quadrant of Radian.

Shirou Arc, the son of a Mainline Arc and a Mistralian wife, was the last Arc to live in Arcadia manor before it burned down under mysterious circumstances.

He took former Queen Arturia of the Vytal Empire as his bride and they settled on the Arc lands. They refurbished an old existing farmhouse on the grounds and had ten children. The oldest, Jonathan Ilya Arc, married Elizabeth Duloc of the line of Lancelot, one of Arturia's companions during the Great War.

They built a classic old style farmhouse nearest the ruins of Arcadia and revitalized the farmlands to produce a bountiful harvest. They helped build a brewery and a vineyard. They had five children, the eldest being Isabel Louise Arc.

Tragically they were killed on a trip out of Radian by Grimm, leaving eleven year old Isabel as the head of their small family. Their extended family did help a great deal in running things, but Isabel was very independent and ambitious. She wanted the Arc name to stand for something again, not just a hollow echo of previous glories.

To that end, she became a Huntress and field medic, aiming to get her doctorate and find a way to revitalize Radian and the family fortunes through medicine. She succeeded and brought home a husband, Nicholas "Nick", who married her and took her name as he had none of his own.

They took the farmhouse Jonathan Arc had built and had seven children, Jaune the youngest and only son. Isabel was able to convince the city council and outside investors to refurbish the Arc-En-Ciel Castle into the Arc-En-Ciel Teaching Hospital, bringing in outside investment and jobs to the once decaying Radian.

Last edited:
well, some cafés, as well as some souvenir shops as well as something like Radian Chocolate shop and a Sweets shop would also work. Like others mentioned a Museum or Museums(which can have examples of Great War tech like what I list off and models for the too big to fit stuff, Remnant version of the Pip-boy would be in the Tech museum, History museum would be about GLORIOUS LORE!) and a Restaurant.

I do wonder how strong feudal and vassal connections still are outside of the Urban cores of the 4 kingdoms, even if they don't have official backing.

Like imagine Jaune coming home for a summer vacation and the four families coming up to give homage to the heir. And Isabel and Nick never got around to deciding that...

The New Teacher: Initiation
Once more unto the breach

Every year was unique for Ozpin, not because he found new and novel ways to mess with- Test the mettle of his initiates.

But life is full of surprises, not all of them nice or helpful.

Like the giant horde that bypassed his perimeter security.

He couldn't really blame his fourth years for not stopping the horde at all, that King Beringel alone looked like he could bring down a five-story building with a back hand.

he dialed a number on his tablet "Miss Frees?"

"Ya, boss?" Her voice sounded slightly digitized

"Could you be so kind as to deploy to the center of the initiation grounds?" He sipped his mug like nothing was wrong with the world.

The laughter coming through the line sounded almost robotic. Almost. "Deploying."

the line was cut and the sound of rocket motors washed over Beacon's campus.

At that exact moment, eight initiates, either too slow or too cocky, found themselves surrounded by a horde of darkness and bone. Three elder grimm led this Nightmare, a King Beringel, a Death Stalker and a Great Nevermore.

They dodged and weaved between opportunistic Renard's and Vermin, shooting and slashing where they could in a dance that, in their youthful hubris, they didn't realize they would inevitably lose.

Jaune knew this but his best efforts to be heard over the gunfire and chaos were proving less than fruitful. He, Pyrrha, Ren and Nora dueled the Death Stalker to the best of their ability, but the creature lacked any metal in its body, so even Pyrrha was having a hard time. As he began to fall into despair, he heard a low whistle and Pyrrha looked up, confused.

When he looked up at what his new partner was looking at, he quickly turned to her, and she, to him. Without a word they both began to scream in as much alarm as they could

"Run away!"
"Retreat!"

The Death Stalker had but a moment to think about its next course of action. Then it didn't anymore, as it exploded in a small eruption of Grimm gore and dirt.

Silence reigned for a second that felt like an eternity.

It was broken by a scream

With legs like a chicken and underslung arms, a machine not seen since the Darktide washed over Remnant walked once more: Battlemech.

The Grimm, in their animalistic mind, did not stop to stare in awe at this monument to the warfighting capabilities of Man and Faunus. They charged, led by the King Beringel, who now finally saw a worthy challenge.

Renards and Vermin, small and nimble were the first to reach the, in comparison, colossal machine.

In her cockpit, head obscured by a neuro-helmet, Carol smiled "Master Arm-"

>-ON<

REMNANT BURNS

A THOUSAND HANDS IGNITE THE AIR

EMERALD FORREST IS A WARZONE

Her arm-mounted lightning cannons reached out, every tendril of pure energy burning their prey from within in moments.

Larger Beowolves and Ursas, due to their larger mass, fared better

"Target-"
>-LOCKED<

They didn't survive the laser cannons.

It was amidst the hell of burning grimm and bisected corpses that the King Beringel made itself known, one backhanded swipe almost swiping the mech off its feet

>I WONT-<
"-Fall!"

It stabilized itself, perimeter flamers making the King Berigel back off momentarily

"I will-"
>-PREVAIL<

Pile Bunker emerged from the 'knuckles' of the mech, it swung low and under the gorilla grimm's overhead strike. The moment the spike made contact with flesh, it shot into it, causing the oversized gorilla to 'bleed' its shadowy ichor as it was pulled out.

"Kill them-"
>-ALL<

Before the King Beringel even had time to take a stance, the other arm of the mech swung for its head.

The spike easily pierced through the bone and flesh.

The laser cannon fired, again and again, while the mech screamed.

And the King Beringel fell dead, naught but a stump left of its head.

The mech turned to where the initiates had run away to, the Nevermore hot on their tails. Twice did the top-mounted Artillery Cannon fire, twice it did miss.

On the Initiation Cliff, a scroll rang

"That Nevermore is gonna come in range of the defensive batteries soon Boss, want me to turn them on?" Carol asked in the same manner one would ask a friend out to drink
>LET IT RAIN DEATH<

"No, it wouldn't be much of an initiation without some challenge, no?" Ozpin answered with a sip of his mug. Idly he thought that Carol did make the superior brew of coffee.

"Eh~ Your call Boss. I'll uh... see about putting out the fire..." the mech turned around to see the result of its rampage. If nothing was done Emerald Forrest would burn down to the roots.

"See that you do" Ozpin ended his call

Now here's a thing i didnt know where to fit: The Darktide. So with the end of the Great War, most of the world was utterly devastated, Millions were dead or wished they were and now all that horror, is over. Humanity and Faunuskind has a moment to process all that happened and the sheer amount of Sadness and Grief causes the Grimm to go ballistic. So the tide of Grimm coming out of Solas (my name for the dragon-shaped continent west of Solitas, where Atlas is) is so large it might as well be endless. This is the last time the Battlemechs, who were created and used as weapons for the Great War by pretty much everyone, have their 'Last Hurrah' as they, along with the newly-minted Hunters, do their best to hold back the tide long enough for people to evacuate. While the 'Mechs are powerful, they are far more easily overwhelmed by the horde than Hunters and do generally poorer. This, along with the new treaties ending The War, means that this entire avenue of R&D gets dropped and labelled a dead end until Atlas comes out with the Paladin-290. As always, comments and reactions are appreciated.

Last edited:
Once more unto the breach

Every year was unique for Ozpin, not because he found new and novel ways to mess with- Test the mettle of his initiates.

But life is full of surprises, not all of them nice or helpful.

Like the giant horde that bypassed his perimeter security.

He couldn't really blame his fourth years for not stopping the horde at all, that King Beringel alone looked like he could bring down a five-story building with a back hand.

he dialed a number on his tablet "Miss Frees?"

"Ya, boss?" Her voice sounded slightly digitized

"Could you be so kind as to deploy to the center of the initiation grounds?" He sipped his mug like nothing was wrong with the world.

The laughter coming through the line sounded almost robotic. Almost. "Deploying."

the line was cut and the sound of rocket motors washed over Beacon's campus.

At that exact moment, eight initiates, either too slow or too cocky, found themselves surrounded by a horde of darkness and bone. Three elder grimm led this Nightmare, a King Beringel, a Death Stalker and a Great Nevermore.

They dodged and weaved between opportunistic Renard's and Vermin, shooting and slashing where they could in a dance that, in their youthful hubris, they didn't realize they would inevitably lose.

Jaune knew this but his best efforts to be heard over the gunfire and chaos were proving less than fruitful. He, Pyrrha, Ren and Nora dueled the Death Stalker to the best of their ability, but the creature lacked any metal in its body, so even Pyrrha was having a hard time. As he began to fall into despair, he heard a low whistle and Pyrrha looked up, confused.

When he looked up at what his new partner was looking at, he quickly turned to her, and she, to him. Without a word they both began to scream in as much alarm as they could

"Run away!"
"Retreat!"

The Death Stalker had but a moment to think about its next course of action. Then it didn't anymore, as it exploded in a small eruption of Grimm gore and dirt.

Silence reigned for a second that felt like an eternity.

It was broken by a scream

With legs like a chicken and underslung arms, a machine not seen since the Darktide washed over Remnant walked once more: Battlemech.

The Grimm, in their animalistic mind, did not stop to stare in awe at this monument to the warfighting capabilities of Man and Faunus. They charged, led by the King Beringel, who now finally saw a worthy challenge.

Renards and Vermin, small and nimble were the first to reach the, in comparison, colossal machine.

In her cockpit, head obscured by a neuro-helmet, Carol smiled "Master Arm-"

>-ON<

REMNANT BURNS

A THOUSAND HANDS IGNITE THE AIR

EMERALD FORREST IS A WARZONE

Her arm-mounted lightning cannons reached out, every tendril of pure energy burning their prey from within in moments.

Larger Beowolves and Ursas, due to their larger mass, fared better

"Target-"
>-LOCKED<

They didn't survive the laser cannons.

It was amidst the hell of burning grimm and bisected corpses that the King Beringel made itself known, one backhanded swipe almost swiping the mech off its feet

>I WONT-<
"-Fall!"

It stabilized itself, perimeter flamers making the King Berigel back off momentarily

"I will-"
>-PREVAIL<

Pile Bunker emerged from the 'knuckles' of the mech, it swung low and under the gorilla grimm's overhead strike. The moment the spike made contact with flesh, it shot into it, causing the oversized gorilla to 'bleed' its shadowy ichor as it was pulled out.

"Kill them-"
>-ALL<

Before the King Beringel even had time to take a stance, the other arm of the mech swung for its head.

The spike easily pierced through the bone and flesh.

The laser cannon fired, again and again, while the mech screamed.

And the King Beringel fell dead, naught but a stump left of its head.

The mech turned to where the initiated had run away to, the Nevermore hot on their tails. Twice did the top-mounted Artillery Cannon fire, twice it did miss.

On the Initiation Cliff, a scroll rang

"That Nevermore is gonna come in range of the defensive batteries soon Boss, want me to turn them on?" Carol asked in the same manner one would ask a friend out to drink
>LET IT RAIN DEATH<

"No, it wouldn't be much of an initiation without some challenge, no?" Ozpin answered with a sip of his mug. Idly he thought that Carol did make the superior brew of coffee.

"Eh~ Your call Boss. I'll uh... see about putting out the fire..." the mech turned around to see the result of its rampage. If nothing was done Emerald Forrest would burn down to the roots.

"See that you do" Ozpin ended his call

Now here's a thing i didnt know where to fit: The Darktide. So with the end of the Great War, most of the world was utterly devastated, Millions were dead or wished they were and now all that horror, is over. Humanity and Faunuskind has a moment to process all that happened and the sheer amount of Sadness and Grief causes the Grimm to go ballistic. So the tide of Grimm coming out of Solas (my name for the dragon-shaped continent west of Solitas, where Atlas is) is so large it might as well be endless. This is the last time the Battlemechs, who were created and used as weapons for the Great War by pretty much everyone, have their 'Last Hurrah' as they, along with the newly-minted Hunters, do their best to hold back the tide long enough for people to evacuate. While the 'Mechs are powerful, they are far more easily overwhelmed by the horde than Hunters and do generally poorer. This, along with the new treaties ending The War, means that this entire avenue of R&D gets dropped and labelled a dead end until Atlas comes out with the Paladin-290. As always, comments and reactions are appreciated.

the GLORIOUS LORE! IT SINGS TO ME! Yes, t make sense that there were also some tanks as well as mechs for mechanized infantry with various variants of them, so Battlemechs being a Great War technology is great, PLUS it gives a predecessor to the Paladin-290 line of production. I am also of the opinion that Titanfall type mechs are also Great War tech, plus can be used for Heavy machinery around Frontier Towns and Frontier Defense.

Pride Jaune
"Take pride in yourself and your accomplishments. That way when I beat you I look even better."

Alright, managed to get this done.

Pride

Rare

Ruby: *Sigh*

Pr. Jaune: *Appear behind her* What's wrong Ruby?

Ruby: Gahh! Jaune! *Was about to fall but Jaune catches her.*

Pr. Jaune: So why the long face?

Ruby: Blake and Weiss are fighting again. The White Fang launch another attack at one of the SDC train carrying Dust. I tried to calm them down but they won't listen. I don't know what to do! *Panic*

Pr. Jaune: Ruby, calm down, take a deep breath and listen.

Ruby: *Obey.*

Pr. Jaune: Ruby, you are the youngest person to enter Beacon Academy. The first one in history. You were invited by the Headmaster himself to enter here.

Ruby: *Slowly nod* That's true.

Pr. Jaune: You designed the best mechashift weapon yet, one that surpass every student in this academy.

Ruby: Yeah! *Cheerful, motivated and determined.*

Pr. Jaune: So have pride, you were chosen to be here, to be a leader and above all, you're my bestie.

Hate

Team JNPR got a mission to capture bandits that was terrorizing a village outside the city. Unfortunately, the leader of these bandits turns out to be an ex-huntsman.

Estarossa: It's no use. My semblance, Hate Not, it renders anyone who feels hatred towards another in my presence to be unable to inflict damage to others.

All of team JNPR except Jaune had fallen to the ground. Jaune still stand and was now moving towards the bandit.

Estarossa: *Bewildered* Why isn't my semblance working on you?

Pr. Jaune: Why would it? I do not hate those who are weaker than myself.

Jaune was now close to him.

Pr. Jaune: I only pity them.

Estarossa: That's pride.

The two would then fight which result in Jaune's victory. Team JNPR hands him over to the village head which then hands him to police. When arrested by the police, he had only one thing to say about Jaune.

Estarossa: He was a surprisingly nice guy.

Motivation

Kevin the Grimm Wyvern was not a happy Grimm. A blonde human came to his mountain, woke him up and begin attacking him. Worse, the human is succeeding in hurting him. He was no longer interested in fighting anymore. He was about to leave when he hear the human talking.

Pr. Jaune: Is that it? Is this all you got Kevin the Grimm Wyvern?! I am disappointed.

Kevin: Grrr. *Turns back and faced the human*

Pr. Jaune: You command an army of Grimm, one that covers a city.

Kevin: Grrr.

Pr. Jaune: You destroyed at least 20 civilizations, parents use to tell you as a horror story for naughty children.

Kevin: Grrr *Feels proud of that actually*

Pr. Jaune: You even managed to thwart off people from your territory for decades. Even Kings stay away from you.

Kevin: Grrr *Nods and was now feeling very motivated to fight.*

Pr. Jaune: Take pride in yourself and your accomplishments. That way when I beat you, I look even better.

It said the ensuing fight between Jaune and Kevin was the greatest fight that ever happened since the Great War.

Rule 1

Yang entered RWBY in a hurry with a newspaper on her hand.

Yang: Girls! Take a look at this! *Slam the newspaper to the table.*

JAUNE ARC: NEW KING OF VALE

Ruby: What?

Weiss: How in Remnant did that idiot becomes the King?!

Pr. Jaune: *Suddenly appeared.*With careful preparations, obviously.

Weiss: How?!

Ren: *Appeared at his right side.* Gathered blackmail on the politicians.

Pyrrha: *Appeared at his left side.* Gathered support from lows class people.

Velvet: *Show up with a board.* Presented an equality plan to the Faunus.

Nora: *Show up while carrying a jar of syrup* And giving more budget to Hunters Academy.

Pr. Jaune: Basically blackmail, support, planning, money.

Blake: And this worked? *Wondered while amazed.*

Pr. Jaune: *Shrugs* It works so far, I just followed the K.I.S.S Rule.

Ruby: You kissed someone?!

Pr. Jaune: No. Keep It Simple Stupid.

Rule 2

Glynda: Your Majesty, on behalf of Beacon Academy, I would like to thank you for increasing the budget.

Pr. Jaune: It is no problem Professor. And please, no need for formalities. Frankly, I was amazed that Beacon managed to still function with the budget given by the previous Council.

Glynda: ...Yes, they were quite difficult.

Pr. Jaune: Take pride Professor, you accomplish so many things with what was given. I mean organizing the students ball with so little budget, that's amazing.

Glynda: Thank you, Mr. Arc.

Pr. Jaune: Here, take this. *Hands a voucher.*

Glynda: Mr. Arc! This is a voucher to Golden Good Spa, I can't possibly take this.

Pr. Jaune: You deserves a little break, Professor. I know you need some time to enjoy yourself.

Glynda: *Nods happily* I guess I will go try the voucher now. Thank you, Your Majesty.

Pr. Jaune: Guess Dad's advice does work. You can be happy when problems are no more.

Give me ideas for the other sins.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back