• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

[RWBY] RWBY Shorts

which is why I think Gunpowder and Oil existed, but was phased out in favor of Dust. I can see Frontier towns and their Militias using gasoline guzzlers and guns with normal ammo, but have Dust Elemental damage modules.
Pretty sure, regular gunpowder should still exists on Remnant.
Dust seems at least expensive enough that people would try to steal it, and gunpowder would be extremely cheap by comparison, and pretty easy to make yourself if you have the chemicals required (which likely wouldn't even be that hard to get if it's somewhat similar to RL).
Sure, gunpowder might not be as powerfull, or have the additonal effects that Dust has, but for shooting some normal bullets, or making some smaller explosives, it could effective enough.

There are enough pennyless rebels/terrorists, bandits and other under-equipped fighters that they would absolutely use any effective enough alternative they could get their hands on.
Some members of the Branwen Tribe literally have knives taped to their guns, like Shay D. Mann has a crude pistol cobbled together from different parts (and is constantly jamming) and a knife blade literally taped to the handle (a Branwen Tribe member in the background has done the same with her shotgun and attaching a regular knife in a bayonet configuration).
You can't tell me those low ranking members have enough expensive Dust for all their firearms, but can't somehow steal better weapons to use it with.
Also, a knuckleduster grip on a gun is a terrible idea, as it would greatly increase the risk of breaking your fingers, while also reducing the accuracy of the shooter, so the design of Shay's Pistol is even dumber than it already seems.

What if Jaune's Semblance didn't just amplify his own Aura and that of others, but could amplify ANYTHING, in a way that can be construed as "better than it was before"?
So Jaune could temporarily enhance things like strength, speed, durability, reflexes, perception, intellect, precision, etc. instead of just aura and Semblances.
Perhaps he could even enhance physical characteristics, like the explosive power of dust/gunpowder or a bomb, the potency of unique Dust effects, the sharpness of a blade, impact force of hammers, someone's height/size, someone's bust size, or the productivity of mammary glands?

Alternatively, what if Jaune's Semblance cause him to passively to slowly permanently enhance everything of everything/anyone around him?
This wouldn't do much of anything in a fight, or have any noticeable effect immediately, but anything that is his presents for a long time will be enhanced more and more, with it building up quadratically over time because the enhancement has more to work with.
This means that his teammates and friends who spend a large amount of time hanging out with him will gradually experience everything about them becoming better.
It also means that, because Jaune is always within the radius of this effect, from the moment his Aura and Semblance was awakened, he has always been growing stronger.
This idea could also be combined with the first idea, where everything around him is slowly permanently enhanced to be somehow "better than before".

Footnote; according to the wiki, Jaune can use his Semblance to amplify his own Aura, not just those of others, but it doesn't really specify what the effects of that are (though there is a picture with the text "Jaune's enhanced Aura shield.", but that is pretty vague in what the effects really are beyond his regular abnormally massive Aura reserves).

Last edited:
Nothing Left to Fear...
As far as Cinder Fall was concerned? Today was almost perfect.

Vale was in chaos as the Atlasian drones and airships fired on everyone. The Grimm surged into the city like an army of locusts, killing and devouring. The Headmaster lay dead at her feet, and the power of the Maiden was hers.

She heard activity in the elevator to Ozpin's office, and she smirked.

Now the best part of the day was here. The true cherry on top.

That Spartan... She'd been an annoyance to her from the moment she came to this wretched school. Even more than Ruby Rose. Her grace, her poise, her smiles and her strength... She had been looking forward to breaking her. To see her fall into despair and accept how hopeless it all was, before Cinder ended her.

It was a delicious thought, and she turned to the elevator. A good gloat was on her lips, and she prepared to let the so-called Invincible Girl have it...

The doors opened. Out stepped... A blond young man in white and black armor. Cinder gaped, but quickly recovered.

This was even better!

"Oho? What are you here to do, boy? Fight me? Prove you're not the pathetic deadlast? Or do you think your little girlfriend will be impressed if I kill you first?"

Jaune Arc looked up into her eyes. There was some fear, yes, but his gaze was focused and stoic. He began to walk towards her. Cinder laughed again.

"Well... If you want to die so badly, I suppose I should grant you a quick one," she sneered, "Then I can show your body off to your pathetic little friends and watch their faces fall!"

She threw a massive fireblast right at him. He vanished into the blaze, and a massive explosion erased where he was standing. Cinder cackled again, the overwhelming flow of the Maiden powers leaving her almost lightheaded!

"Ohhh this magic is amazing!" She laughed.

"It's not magic."

Cinder started. She looked up. Standing on the edge of the dome of the office, Jaune Arc stared down at her.

"You-Wha-?!"

"It's not magic," Jaune repeated, looking a little shaken, but still incredibly calm. She unleashed another fire blast, and Jaune blurred, clinging to another part of the ceiling as she blasted a hole through where he'd been standing.

"What do you know about it?!" Cinder demanded, preparing a dozen glass arrows to shoot at him.

"My great-grandmother taught me what it was," Jaune said, his tone soft but still filling the room, "It's an energy field generated by all living things. It guides us, it penetrates us, it binds the galaxy together. It's the energy of life itself, with a will of its own."

Cinder sneered.

"What? Your old hag worked for Ozpin? As one of her pawns?"

"No," Jaune said, shaking his head, "She was something else. She didn't want to reveal it to this world... She told me to keep it a secret. Because if I showed it off? If I let everyone know...? There could be terrible consequences."

He dropped to the floor. He pulled his sword from his folded-up shield which was serving as a sheath for the blade. He then did something she didn't expect-He broke the hilt of Crocea Mors and dropped the metal blade to the floor.

"But I don't have any choice left," he said, "And I won't let you hurt anyone else!"

Cinder growled.

"Who do you think you are, you pathetic weakling?! A hero?!"

"No," Jaune said, and Cinder was taken aback. The boy had always been goofy, harmless looking. His eyes bright and wide. Now? Now looking into his eyes, she could only see a mountain there: Implacable, immovable, and untroubled.

He tapped something on the sword hilt... And a blue energy beam burst into life. It formed into a blade of coherent energy, as he took a somewhat familiar fighting stance. Like a blend of Niko's, and something else.

"I am a Jedi."

- - -

Now the big mistake a lot of people make when giving powerups to characters like this is to make them Jaune In Name Only (JINO). So I posit that while Jaune can be a competent fighter when he's falling back on his Jedi training and he CAN be as sure and stable as a mountain... He can still be a total goof.

Weiss: "Wait, you have precognition?"

Jaune: "Well, yeah-"

Weiss: "And you DIDN'T see that I would reject your terrible attempts to ask me out?!"

Jaune: "Ummm... Always in motion is the future? Besides, there were a few possible futures where you said yes... Or Yang said yes. Or Ruby. Or Blake. Or Pyrrha-"

Weiss: "HA! Like I'd believe that!"

Now the big mistake a lot of people make when giving powerups to characters like this is to make them Jaune In Name Only (JINO). So I posit that while Jaune can be a competent fighter when he's falling back on his Jedi training and he CAN be as sure and stable as a mountain... He can still be a total goof.

Weiss: "Wait, you have precognition?"

Jaune: "Well, yeah-"

Weiss: "And you DIDN'T see that I would reject your terrible attempts to ask me out?!"

Jaune: "Ummm... Always in motion is the future? Besides, there were a few possible futures where you said yes... Or Yang said yes. Or Ruby. Or Blake. Or Pyrrha-"

Weiss: "HA! Like I'd believe that!"

*ruby pauses when she hears her name, sees cool jedi sword and the fact he can fit things together with 100% perfect accuracy without damage*

Ruby: "My Baby needs a Father now...Juane you shall be Cresent Roses Father when we work on her together!"

Juane: "Oh no...vision number 54 is coming up...lets hope this doesnt turn into 42."

Yang: "Say what now?!?"

Juane: "And its vision 42..."

Nothing Left to Fear... Aftermath
Pyrrha: "Jaune... I-"

Jaune: "First, I am so, so sorry I lied! I... I did have combat training, I just...! Ugh, you're probably even angrier with me for being such a fraud! I am so sorry, guys."

Pyrrha: "... Actually? This explains some things."

Ren: "It really does."

Jaune: "Say what?"

Pyrrha: "For an 'untrained civilian', you were... Incredibly lucky. You avoided dangers, you moved so clumsily and yet got through things without any major harm... I was wondering if you were subconsciously using a Semblance that was probability based or something else."

Ren: "Same, to be honest."

Jaune: "Oh... I mean... So you don't hate me?"

Ren: "Of course not, Jaune."

Pyrrha: "I'm... I'm a little hurt you didn't tell me."

Jaune: "I know... I know. I wanted to tell you, I swear. Great-Grandma just made it clear, revealing your power in the Force... There's a galaxy of dangers out there."

Ruby: "What, your great-grandmother is from space?"

Jaune: "Yes."

Ruby: "Wait what?!"

Jaune: "Yeah. Apparently Remnant is a lost colony world of humans. We didn't come from this planet, we came from another, long ago."

Nora: "... SO WE'RE THE ALIENS?!"

Jaune: "I mean... Kind of?"

Nora: "WOOHOO!"

Yang: "Kind of throwing a lot at us, Space Cadet."

Jaune: "Don't I know it..."

Weiss: "You really expect us to believe that?! You've been lying about so much else-!"

Jaune: "I didn't WANT TO, WEISS! But..." sighs "Now everyone in the world knows that the Force exists. That I have technology NO ONE on this planet could have created. That I have POWERS virtually no one else on this planet has! Okay? So it's not exactly a picnic for me, either!"

Weiss: stares

Most of their other friends stared.

Jaune: "... I'm sorry."

Weiss: "... No. No, I suppose if I had a secret like yours... I would have kept it to myself, too."

Jaune: "Look... No more secrets from now on. I promise."

Pyrrha: "So... You said you could anticipate Cinder's movements by reading her mind. Is... Can you-?"

Jaune: "No. I mean, that is a Force technique but Grand-Grandma never taught me that. It's very high level. I can sense emotions from other people very reliably, and see bits of possible futures. They can get mixed up sometimes since I'm not as good at that stuff as I could be. Great-Grandma only started my training a year ago, since I showed my Force sensitivity late. At least according to her."

Pyrrha: "S-So... You can sense... Emotions..." blush

Jaune: "I-I mean, only really strong ones! That's probably why I like being around you and Ruby, you have such strong positive emotions! Yang's nice too. Ren is quiet, and Nora's just a lot of fun. Blake... Uh... Sorry we didn't hang out a lot-"

Blake: "Am I that unpleasant to be around?"

Jaune: "Er, no! You're just... We don't really talk a lot."

Blake: "We'll have to change that, given your abilities. Can others learn them?"

Jaune: "I mean... If you're Force sensitive? Yes. If not? No, though Aura is weird because it's like the Force and yet NOT like the Force? It's uh... It's complicated. And Weiss-"

Weiss: "What? I'm a horrible bitch to be around? All my negative emotions make you sick, is that it?!"

Jaune: "Nonono! You're... I actually like being around you. When you're not mad. You're my friends and I can sense you're all good people."

Weiss: blush "O-Oh..."

Pyrrha: Still blushing up a storm

Ruby: Ditto

Speaking of precognition... What if Jaune's Semblance was something like Sha Naqba Imuru? Clairvoyance on a level far beyond anything Remnant has seen before?

Of course, like SNI's original user, the King of Heroes Gilgamesh, Jaune can suppress it so it doesn't immediately tell him everything about someone as soon as he sees them. No, he does not want to know Ruby's three sizes. No, he does not want to know that Glynda has a secret stash of 'student×teacher' hentai. No, he does not want to know that Cardin has a faunus fetish.

Still, he does use it nearly constantly. He knows the "optimal path" to reaching the end goal of saving both Salem and Ozma from their curses. So, he follows that specific path to that future. No matter how weird he has to be at times. Even if he needs to do a complete 180 in terms of personality to do so.

And? Well, eventually it gets out that Jaune Arc is an extremely powerful precognitive because of his Semblance. I imagine people would need to catalogue their Semblance with the government (unless they're a criminal and don't) because of how widely varied and the possible side effects of them.

I could imagine some fun scenes with it. But I could also imagine some... not so fun scenes. After all, if Jaune knows the future and how they'd all react to anything he could say or do... and he's actively following a very specific path to get to a certain goal... do they even know Jaune? The real Jaune? Or is everything he's done just a farce in order to get to the optimal result?

Speaking of precognition... What if Jaune's Semblance was something like Sha Naqba Imuru? Clairvoyance on a level far beyond anything Remnant has seen before?

Of course, like SNI's original user, the King of Heroes Gilgamesh, Jaune can suppress it so it doesn't immediately tell him everything about someone as soon as he sees them. No, he does not want to know Ruby's three sizes. No, he does not want to know that Glynda has a secret stash of 'student×teacher' hentai. No, he does not want to know that Cardin has a faunus fetish.

Still, he does use it nearly constantly. He knows the "optimal path" to reaching the end goal of saving both Salem and Ozma from their curses. So, he follows that specific path to that future. No matter how weird he has to be at times. Even if he needs to do a complete 180 in terms of personality to do so.

And? Well, eventually it gets out that Jaune Arc is an extremely powerful precognitive because of his Semblance. I imagine people would need to catalogue their Semblance with the government (unless they're a criminal and don't) because of how widely varied and the possible side effects of them.

I could imagine some fun scenes with it. But I could also imagine some... not so fun scenes. After all, if Jaune knows the future and how they'd all react to anything he could say or do... and he's actively following a very specific path to get to a certain goal... do they even know Jaune? The real Jaune? Or is everything he's done just a farce in order to get to the optimal result?

Juane the tired, sad, and absolutely done with everyone's shit pre-cognitive, having to act in some many different ways he doesn't know who he is anymore and has his own damn crisis's...and he can see where and when he can blow off steam and rage about it all.

and it's the only path that allows the best possible outcome, the one where Salem and Ozpin can finally be put to rest, humanity and Faunus don't get obliterated by the two asshole brother gods, his friends and family can live (for as much as he can do to ensure it, even precognitive can be surprised by sudden changes due to the power of choice) and the fact he has to be on it nearly 24/7 JUST in order to get things set up that the one platinum ending can actually be achievable rather than some distant dream is probably hell for him.

i can truly only pity that Juane, as he would be as much as a slave to his path as contessa would be to hers. and once the rest of the rwby cast figures that out...how can they actually help a guy who has to do all these things in order to keep those he cares about and save as many lives as possible and if he makes one single mistake, he can lose those endings, and everything goes to absolute shit. Juane would be well regarded for his willpower and dedication...but also pitied and seen with empathy due to the burden he has on his shoulders.

Uncle Jaune 8
- - -

Jaune wasn't entirely sure why Blake had asked him to go on a weekend outing. She'd never seemed particularly interested in socializing with him before. But after going out with Weiss, it sounded like a nice idea.

They sat at a bookstore café, sipping iced coffee, while Jaune gave Adrian a bottle.

"So," Blake began, "You've been looking forward to this book?"

"Hm? Oh yeah," Jaune said with a nod, holding up the book in question, "Quest of the Golden Duck is a great series! It's a great reinvention of the classic pulp stories from before and after the Great War! Ancient temples in jungles, adventurers, seaplanes, air pirates-It's awesome!"

He beamed at Adrian, who was gulping down milk happily.

"You're gonna love the classics, aren't you buddy? Aren't you?"

He looked back at Blake with a smile.

"What did you get?"

"Lone Coyote and Cub," she said, holding up a volume of the popular Mistralian manga, "Are you familiar?"

"I am, sort of," Jaune admitted, "I always liked the artwork. But uh... It's a little..."

"A little what?" Blake asked, staring at him with an unreadable expression. He shrugged.

"Just... It's a little different from what you normally read-Not that that's a bad thing, really. It's good to expand your horizons, and stuff."

Blake nodded.

"I suppose I'm feeling inspired," Blake said, "To expand my horizons."

"That's... Good," Jaune said, blinking a little at how intensely Blake stared at him. Adrian whined, and Jaune took his bottle before wiping his face. "I was a little surprised you asked me out... N-Not that this is a date or anything!"

"Well, I thought you would like a break from Weiss' baby mania," Blake said wryly. Jaune nodded.

"I mean, I'm glad we're on better terms but she was a little... Weird."

"How so?" Blake asked.

"She kept insisting it wasn't a date... Which it wasn't," Jaune added quickly at Blake's slight glare, "But she kept getting us romantic stuff at the restaurant. Also she tried to get us the family discount at the roller rink when she heard what it was."

He shook his head.

"Seriously weird, huh?" He asked Adrian.

"Wa puh!" Adrian stated succinctly before he began chewing on a teething ring.

"Still, I'm glad she's being... Uh..."

"Nice for once?" Blake asked dryly. Jaune frowned.

"You shouldn't be so mean to your teammate, ya know," he chided her gently. Blake sighed.

"I know... But she makes it difficult."

Jaune sipped his ice coffee... Then grimaced.

"Geez... I gotta go to the bathroom." He reached for Adrian's baby carrier, but Blake shook her head.

"I'll watch him, don't worry," she said. Jaune smiled.

"Thanks. If he gets fussy-"

Blake gave him another small smile. He had to admit, it was pretty.

"I'll handle him, really."

"Thanks Blake." He rubbed Adrian's head, and headed off.

- - -

Blake pulled Adrian out of his baby carrier, and held him. He squirmed and whined a bit, but soon settled down when she waved a toy in front of his face.

Blake honestly didn't have a lot of experience with babies, given her life and small family. So she was fascinated by Adrian. He was so cute, cuddly, warm, and his large eyes and inquisitive nature really spoke to her on a primal level. In a good way.

Getting to spend more time with Jaune was also surprisingly pleasant. She hadn't paid him much mind at first, but she could admit he was endearing in how he took care of his nephew. They had a lot more in common than she might have guessed, with his interest in literature. Sure, most of it was not to her taste, but he had read the classics and could appreciate Mistralian manga.

Albeit not romance novels and erotica, but... Maybe she could change that.

It would be nice to have a male friend in her life who wasn't a genocidal maniac with a lot of psychological baggage.

"Why hello Blake!" Said the last person Blake ever expected to see. Blake paled, and turned her head to see a brightly smiling cat faunus woman.

"M-M-M-Mother?!"

- - -

Jaune returned from the bathroom, a little anxious as he made his way back to their table.

It wasn't that he didn't trust Blake, far from it. He'd seen her in combat and knew she was a good person. Adrian would be perfectly fine with her.

Indeed, he could see Blake with his nephew at the table as he approach. He also saw an older woman who resembled Blake cooing and making faces at him, making the baby laugh. Jaune smiled.

"Hey Blake! And uh...?"

"J-Jaune, this is my mother, Kali," Blake said quickly, "She's visiting from Menagerie."

"Well, after I heard that my long-lost daughter whom I feared was dead or worse was going to Beacon, I just had to come and visit!" Kali said cheerfully, though there was an unmistakable edge to her voice. Blake winced. Jaune coughed.

"Ah, well... I'm Jaune Arc," Jaune said, "And I'm-"

"He's my boyfriend, Mother," Blake said quickly, with a desperate, pleading look directed at Jaune. Jaune blinked.

Wait what?!

"He is?" Kali asked, raising an elegant eyebrow as she looked Jaune up and down. He fidgeted under her expression, and glanced at Blake in desperate confusion.

What?!

Blake's pleading expression became far more desperate. Jaune mentally sighed.

"Y-Yeah, though we're uh... It's a little new for us both," he said, just barely managing to not come off as deadpan. Kali hummed... Then rose up and hugged him tightly.

"Urk!"

"I'm so glad to hear that!" Kali gushed. "My little kitten's moved on from her horrible racist ways! Dating a human! And such a responsible one, too! A single father at your age!"

"Uh, n-no, he's my nephew, I'm just looking after him for my sister," Jaune said quickly. He'd seen more than enough TV to know that too many lies and falsehoods in some stupid scheme would just collapse under their own weight.

"Oh! Well, that's still very good of you," Kali said cheerfully. She sat back down in her chair, as Jaune took the one near Blake. She immediately reached out and took his hand. He squeezed it reassuringly, and she relaxed as Kali went back to fussing over Adrian.

"I'm just so relieved to find her safe, sound, and with a responsible young man as her boyfriend," Kali said, smiling very genuinely.

"Sorry," Blake mumbled. To her mother and to Jaune.

"Well, I know one way you can make it up to me~!" Kali said, sing-song.

"What's that?" Blake asked.

"Well~," and here Kali smirked at Jaune, "He already seems good with children."

Blake blushed.

"M-Mother!"

"I'm just saying, I wouldn't mind some grandchildren from you two!"

"Errrr..." Jaune blushed. "It's... A little early for that, don't you think?"

Since this relationship had apparently started two minutes ago.

"I-I need to finish schooling, Mother!" Blake said quickly.

"I can give Beacon a massive donation so you can finish your studies while pregnant," Kali said cheerfully, "Jaune's been taking care of his little nephew during school hours, correct? It would just be like that! Only you'd be doing something that doesn't break your poor mother's heart and keep her up crying all night in fear for her daughter!"

"I deserve this," Blake sighed, "I really do."

"Ummm... It's a little early for us, ma'am," Jaune said quickly, "But since I'll be taking care of him, you can see Adrian whenever you like?"

"Hmmm," Kali hummed, before nodding. "That is acceptable..." Her eyes narrowed ominously. "For now."

She was then back to cooing over Adrian. Blake gave a very apologetic look to Jaune.

"Sorry," she mumbled.

"It's okay," Jaune said with a shrug, "My sisters had their drama. This helps you and your mom, I don't mind. What's the worst that could happen?"

- - -

At a White Fang base...

Adam Taurus glared hatred and death at the still image one of his agents had obtained. It showed Blake and some blond idiot human male at a cafe with a baby.

"Bad enough she ran out on me," he hissed, "She went and got herself knocked up by some human?!"

He shattered the tablet between his hands with a snarl.

"Her punishment must be more severe...!"

Ilia, standing nearby, sniffled.

How could she betray me like this...? Though that baby is kind of cute...

Last edited:
Nora Loves to (Fusion) Dance
"Please Jaune? Pleasssse?" Nora begged. She had put her hands together and bowed her head in the JNPR dormroom. The team of Hunters was chilling out on their bunks, when Nora had started up a discussion about old Mistralian anime. One in particular, with a move she had really loved. "Please do it with Renny?"

Jaune sighed, and shrugged. He looked over at Ren, who gave him a small, wry smile.

"I guess, but I don't think I'll be much good."

"What does this 'Fusion Dance' do, anyway?" Pyrrha asked, interested.

"Ooh! If you do it right, two fighters turn into one super powerful fighter!" Nora said enthusiastically. "Then you can beat Majin Buu or Broly!"

"It's from a Mistralian anime," Jaune explained.

Ren nodded. Nora again made a pleading face.

"Please...? It was so great! I watched it whenever I could growing up! It was hard without a regular TV but... Please?"

Jaune may have grown up with seven sisters, but there was no way to resist Nora's puppy dog eyes. Ren of course knew better than to try resisting at all.

Jaune sighed and stood up.

"If it makes you happy, Nora, sure," Jaune said with a genuine smile. Nora beamed.

"YAY! Oh, remember to synch your Auras, too!"

"Er... Sure," Jaune nodded with a shrug. He looked over at Ren. "How do we-?"

"Just follow my instructions," Ren said. It took a few minutes, but they did actually get their auras to glow and pulse at the same frequency. Pyrrha was dazzled.

"Wow Ren," she breathed, "To have that much control over your Aura at your age? It's-Unprecedented! You really are amazing!"

Ren nodded and offered a modest smile, as Nora beamed.

"Hey, I'm doing it too," Jaune complained playfully. Pyrrha blushed.

"S-Sorry Jaune! You're also doing a great job with Ren!"

"Come on, come on!" Nora cried happily.

Ren shrugged at Jaune. Jaune shrugged back, a fond smile on his face. This was a load of malarkey, but if it made Nora happy, who were they to deny her?

"All right..."

They assumed mirrored poses with their arms and legs.

"Fu..."

They scooted away from one another and struck another dramatic pose, in perfect harmony.

"Sion!"

Then, they tilted towards each other, their fingers meeting tip to tip.

"HA!"

SHOOM!

Pyrrha and Nora were blown back against the wall by the explosion of Aura energy. Both slowly sat up. Nora's eyes sparkled as she grinned from ear to ear. Pyrrha gaped in shock and amazement.

Ruby busted open the door, the rest of her team following.

"Guys! We heard a boom! What... Happened...?"

Ruby and her team all gaped in disbelief.

Standing in the center of the room was a dark blond young man with a streak of pink going through his hair. His eyes were vibrant blue with a pink ring around each. He was tall and muscular but stood with poise. His clothing was a strange mixture of Jaune's white armor and Ren's green and white robes. An orange sash was tied around his waist, the ends of which waved as though in a breeze.

"Wha... What just...?" Pyrrha tried.

"Holy crap," the young man managed in a voice that was a pleasant blend of Jaune and Ren's, staring at his hands in shock, "It worked?!"

"IT WORKED!" Nora cheered, bouncing up and down on her bed. "IT WORKED! IT WORKED! IT WORKED!"

She grinned at all the other girls in triumph.

"Now we can be ONE BIG HAPPY HAREM!"

- - -

Dammit Nora!!!

but this somehow works…wait does this mean juanes semblance and rens semblance mixed together?

They can use them separately, or combine them into a hyper Aura Amped Emotional Suppression Field. Which would be useful against human and Faunus opponents, and for hiding lots of people from Grimm.

"Well, after I heard that my long-lost daughter whom I feared was dead or worse was going to Beacon, I just had to come and visit!" Kali said cheerfully, though there was an unmistakable edge to her voice. Blake winced. Jaune coughed.

"I'm so glad to hear that!" Kali gushed. "My little kitten's moved on from her horrible racist ways! Dating a human! And such a responsible one, too! A single father at your age!"

Something tells me Kali's a little angry about Blake running off, and ghosting her family.... :V

Insert obligatory wisecrack about how Blake is the only cat faunus to hate dogs, all the others are at neutral-feelings at worst.

Weiss: I don't understand how you could stand to be with that Taurus guy for so long.

Blake: he wasn't always that bad....

Weiss: but clearly he was still bad so why did you stick around for so long?

Blake: I don't know ok? I'd be thinking of leaving but then he'd do this thing with his mouth...

Weiss: eww.

*Flashback*

Adam: pspspspsps.

Weiss: I don't understand how you could stand to be with that Taurus guy for so long.

Blake: he wasn't always that bad....

Weiss: but clearly he was still bad so why did you stick around for so long?

Blake: I don't know ok? I'd be thinking of leaving but then he'd do this thing with his mouth...

Weiss: eww.

*Flashback*

Adam: pspspspsps.

adam all but groomed her to be more cat the Faunus, because the little crazy bastard didn't want her to run off on him, and of course as a terrorist apprentice to seinna who is probably super racist shit kind of hit the fan there.

that and it was not a good place for a teenage girl to grow into over 5 years of development…she will need allot of help to fix her up.

edited: in essence, Adam is a shit boyfriend who learned about relationships from a murderous terrorist and decided to make the cat Faunus a actual cat…and succeeded a bit too well.

at least her team, family, and friends are going to catch it early enough for that to be banished.

Last edited:
Weighed Down By Armor
- - -

Combat Class. A joy for Jaune always. And he got matched up against Cardin, again. It was honestly disheartening at this point.

"YAH!" Cardin swung his Executioner mace down and blasted up sand. Jaune narrowly avoided it, his improved footwork coming in handy. Pyrrha's training, and inspiration to use his dancing skills, were serving him well... But as he thrust his sword at Cardin's chest, his aim just... Dropped. He missed.

He missed, at point blank range!

"YAH!" Cardin bellowed, swinging his mace right into Jaune's chest. The whomp knocked the wind out of him, and he went flying to the edge of the ring. He heard something... crack.

"Ugh...!"

He held his chest. The pain... The pain was... Pretty bad... But he felt his armor cracking...

What in the hell...?

He looked down in shock as bits and pieces of his armor plate fell onto his hands. The cracks grew bigger, bigger... Before the entire armor plate fell apart like a ragged jigsaw puzzle.

"JAUNE!" He heard Ruby scream. He saw Cardin's boots enter his vision and heard him slap his mace onto his palm.

"Just not your lucky day, Jauney-Boy," Cardin stated, sounding... Regretful.

Pity. He was being pitied by HIS FUCKING BULLY AFTER HIS FAMILY'S ARMOR WAS SHATTERED...!

Jaune felt the mace approach him, felt the air pushed by it. Heading right for his head...

His hand snapped up on reflex. The mace hit it... And didn't move.

Jaune's heart was pounding in his ears as sheer, unadulterated RAGE burned through his blood!

"RAAGGHHH!"

He was up on his feet and uppercutting Cardin, just like Pyrrha and Ren had taught him to do. Cardin flew back... Back... Right through the classroom windows with a CRASH!

Jaune stared after him dumbly. The classroom was dead silent. Jaune stared at his fist, then at the unusual sight of Professor Goodwitch being utterly flabbergasted.

"... Um... Huh?"

- - -

Cardin and Jaune were both rushed to the infirmary. Cardin, thankfully, wasn't seriously injured. Jaune was actually worried he'd killed him, but no! Just broke his jaw... And ribs. And a few other bones.

He tried very hard not to look over at the former bully as his team and RWBY clustered around him.

"Wow VB, you took him out with one punch!" Yang said, an honestly admiring look on her face, "You've been holding back on us!"

"WOW! That was incredible, Jaune-Jaune!" Nora cheered. "Not enough knee-breaking for me, but maybe you can do it next time!"

He heard Cardin gurgle in terror nearby, and Jaune winced again.

"How did you do it?" Pyrrha asked, amazed. "I-I mean... You've been improving greatly, Jaune, but how did you do it that fast? And-And are you okay?"

"Is his Semblance anger based?" Blake speculated. "That could be dangerous, but... Potentially useful-"

"How," Weiss managed, "How did YOU do that?! You?! The Deadlast Dolt?! How?!"

The stress and disbelief all just ran over him.

"I DON'T KNOW, OKAY?!" Jaune shouted. "HOW SHOULD I KNOW?! DO I LOOK LIKE I HAVE ANY ANSWERS?!"

Ren set his hand on Jaune's shoulder. The blond took deep breaths, and slowly calmed down.

"S-Sorry," he mumbled, looking down at the floor. Pyrrha put a comforting hand on his shoulder.

"It's okay, Jaune. We're all here for you," she said.

"I GOT YOU COOKIES, JAUNE!" Ruby cried, zipping back with her Semblance. She held the plate in front of him. "Here! Here, it'll help!"

Jaune smiled up at his best female friend and took the cookies. He did feel ravenous.

"Omnomnom... Thanks Ruby, you're the best," he said, as Ruby beamed, Pyrrha stared, and Yang scowled.

Weird...

"Ah, Mister Arc."

Everyone looked up as Headmaster Ozpin walked in. Jaune finished his cookie with a loud, nervous gulp.

"H-Headmaster-"

Ozpin held up what was left of the armor with a slight smile on his face.

"I believe I have some answers for you," he said. "This was your Great-Granduncle's Armor, correct?"

"Y-Yeah, Great-Granduncle Cornelius," he said.

"I did some examination of it," he said, "This appears to have been... Training armor."

"Training Armor?" Ruby asked. She gasped. "Ohhh! Is that why it had such bad coverage?"

"More than likely," Ozpin nodded, "But more than that, it seems that Cornelius's Semblance was used on this armor... And it was still working."

"His Semblance?" Jaune asked.

"Yes. It was called 'Ultra Hard Mode'," Ozpin stated, "It would suppress the natural abilities of anyone or anything he used it on, such as Aura Generation, strength, coordination, reaction times, and so on."

"Well, that sounds very useful for fighting enemies," Weiss said, "But why would he apply it to his own armor?"

"Because," Ozpin stated, "If you continuously train with said armor suppressing your attributes, at some point, your abilities will increase. How long have you been wearing this armor, Mister Arc?"

"Since I left Radian, about a year ago?" Jaune tried.

"And you've worn this armor almost constantly while training?" Ozpin asked, quirking an eyebrow.

Jaune blinked.

"Oh... Ohhh... Ohhhhh..."

"Wow!" Ruby gushed. "Just like my Mistralian animes!"

"It most likely worked very well for you, Mister Arc, because you are of the Arc bloodline," Ozpin said, sounding slightly amused, "Though more than likely you were due to grow out of it. I suggest you keep up your training, indeed, increase it. Just because you've reached this level doesn't mean you should get complacent."

"Y-Y-yes sir!" Jaune said with an eager nod. He looked to Pyrrha with a grin. "Can-can we train even harder, Pyrrha?"

Pyrrha's smile was as warm and friendly as ever, and yet... There was a glint in her eyes.

"Oh, don't worry Jaune," Pyrrha said, "I'll make sure our training goes as hard as possible."

"... Wow that sounds ominous!" Nora said cheerfully. "Don't worry, Jaune-Jaune! I'm sure you'll come out on top!"

"Oh, I hope so," Pyrrha practically purred.

- - -

Users who are viewing this thread

Back