• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

[RWBY] RWBY Shorts

Lines of Succession 2
- - -

This part of Vale was known as Old Town, which stretched from the river to the main walls. The neighborhood had been old but stately, with numerous shops and homes lining well kept streets. When the Vytal Attack had happened, most of these places had been abandoned. The city's automatic defenses had been disabled, thankfully, but the Atlasian drones had done plenty of damage to the populace.

Now the streets were deserted. Except for the Grimm, of course.

An Ursa roared and charged Jaune. He held his ground, Crocea Mors burning with Aura in his hands. He waited, waited, waited for the Ursa to get close enough. It rushed for him, extended its claws and fangs...!

Jaune sidestepped the Ursa, and brought his sword down on the bear-like Grimm's neck! It went right through, and the Grimm's head went flying from its neck. The rest of its body dissolved into smoke, as Jaune turned to face the next Grimm.

Several more Ursa barreled through the ruined shops, roaring as they went right for him. Jaune fell back a bit, as the large gang of Ursas headed right for him. He waited, waited...

"NOW!"

Nora and Cardin emerged from their hiding place, Ren's Semblance bleeding away their colors. Cardin swung his mace and unleashed a massive blast of Fire Dust. Nora let loose with her grenades, unleashing another huge blast. These combined, blowing apart the Grimm's first line.

The Ursas at the back of the mob slowed and turned to head away... But Ren and Blake appeared in front of them and mercilessly cut them to pieces.

The street fell silent, as the monsters were all slain. Jaune took some deep breaths, and nodded to his companions.

"Good work everyone," Jaune stated. He tapped his earpiece. "Professor Goodwitch? Section 33-A is clear."

"We're updating the map now, Your Majesty," Glynda replied, "Also, it is unnecessary to call me that, King Jaune."

Jaune wore a wry look.

"You gonna stop calling me that?"

There was a poignant pause.

"... It is what I must call you-"

"Then no, Professor Goodwitch it is," Jaune replied. His friends held back smirks. He could only imagine Goodwitch's exasperated expression.

"Very well, Your Majesty. Also, Chief Ranger Arathorn would like to inform you that his forces will be there momentarily."

Jaune slowly nodded, as he heard a Bullhead's engines overhead.

"Good. We could use the back up."

"Also, Chieftain Belladonna's party will be arriving in three hours," Glynda stated, "You and your fiancé will probably want to attend."

Jaune sighed, and looked over at Blake. The cat Faunus winced a bit, but nodded.

"Right, we'll be right there," he said. The Bullheads came in for a landing, their engine wash clearing the Grimm dust away from the area. Jaune headed up to the Bullhead, Blake joining him and taking hold of his hand. She smiled nervously at him as they got up into the cabin of the aircraft.

"Just when it was getting good," Cardin grumbled.

"I know right?" Nora shouted. She hugged Renny. "Such is the life of the Royal Guards! Fun one moment, then boring dinner parties the next!"

"Indeed," Ren observed wryly.

"Hey Jaune!" Nora said cheerfully, as the Bullhead lifted off and headed back towards the central towers of Vale's government city, "When we gonna get like, knighted for real? I wanna be a Duchess!"

"There are a few steps before you get there," Jaune observed wryly.

"Awww!"

- - -

The Admin Center of Vale was a large complex of many towers, arranged almost like a modern take on a castle. During the Vytal Attack, the Atlasian drones had turned on the government and slaughtered almost everyone in the area.

One of the few government officials who had survived had been Councilman Rufus Winchester, Cardin's father. The tall, broad shouldered redheaded man had relied on his own personal security, and not taken the offer of Atlasian robots for his detail. It had saved his life, though he had been badly wounded nevertheless. Jaune and Cardin's team getting the automated defenses back online had saved his and the lives of thousands of other people in the Admin Center.

Councilman Winchester awaited them on the airship pad on city hall, his arm still in a sling. A pale woman with green hair in a smart blouse, jacket and skirt stood at his side, holding a Scroll.

The young King and his friends came out of the Bullhead, Jaune leading the group. Rufus smiled and nodded as the engines died down.

"Welcome, Your Majesties! Son, Lady Nora, Lord Ren!" He greeted.

"I didn't make those official yet," Jaune said wryly.

"WOO! LADY NORA! FIRST STEP ON THE PATH TO QUEENDOM!" Nora cheered.

"How soon will my father arrive?" Blake asked. Rufus looked to the pale woman, who checked her notes.

"In about two hours, Your Majesty," she cried, "We were able to resolve his flight plan faster than we thought."

"Good," Blake said with a nod, "Please send the rest of our itinerary to our Scrolls. We'll be retiring to our quarters to get ready."

"Yes your Majesty," the assistant said cheerfully.

"I've put together the meeting schedule for the summit... And the wedding," Rufus added. He looked over at Cardin. "You have a Best Man candidate yet?"

Cardin smiled. Jaune coughed.

"Ah... No offense, but I was gonna ask Ren," he said. Cardin drooped a bit, but nodded.

"That's fair," he sighed. "Can I still be in the wedding party?"

"Definitely," Jaune said. Cardin grinned.

"Yes! Bridesmaids!"

"WOO! Go get 'em, Cardy!" Nora cheered. Rufus Winchester, dignified Councilman... Laughed indulgently.

"Ah well... Maybe you'll get the King to be your Best Man for your wedding, son. Hope you're working on that."

"Er... Yes Dad," Cardin managed, blushing a bit.

"We'll see it all later," Blake said, smoothly leading Jaune off to the elevator. He sighed quietly as the elevator doors closed behind them.

"Thank you so much," he muttered.

Blake chuckled.

"I did have some practice escaping meetings with officials in Menagerie," she said softly.

The elevator doors opened on their floor. They walked into the ambassadorial suites. They were usually reserved for heads of state visiting Vale. Jaune had originally tried to just get a normal hotel room, but given the dangerous situation in Vale, he'd bowed to the logic that the King of Vale needed to be somewhere secure.

The room was at least tasteful. Not covered in gold and silver. Just nice hardwood floors with fine furniture and a large bed. The balcony was secured with fine blinds. A bed Blake led him to.

"Um," Jaune tried. Blake turned to him, blinking.

"Yes?" She asked softly. Jaune blushed.

"Er... I-I mean..."

Blake slid her fingers between his, and smiled softly.

"We've been sleeping together for the past few nights, you know," she said quietly. Jaune slowly nodded.

"Y-Yeah, but... Not like that," he said. "And uh... Your parents are coming."

"I know," Blake said quietly. She closed her eyes tightly for a moment. "I haven't seen them in years... But they did agree to help us. Helped save Vale."

Jaune nodded.

"Yeah... If I married you," he said quietly.

Blake stared up into his eyes.

"I'm willing to do whatever I have to in order to make this happen, Jaune," she said softly. "Do you want me to a wear a collar? Want to invite more women into our bed? I'm willing to do it."

Jaune shook his head.

"Would... Would that make you happy though?" He asked earnestly.

Blake flushed.

"Geez... You're asking me that when we're already engaged?"

"Yeah," Jaune said.

Blake sighed, and hugged him tightly.

"... Things could have been much worse, for both of us," she murmured.

Jaune patted her on the back, feeling a bit confused.

"Er... Yeah, I guess..."

He cleared his throat.

"So, um... Your mom and dad... What do they feel about, uh... Me?"

Blake sucked in a deep breath.

"They'll be concerned, but I... I know they'll see what a good man you are. I did, after all."

Jaune flushed.

"Thanks," he murmured. He kissed the top of her head. Blake blushed.

"Er, sorry, was that too much?" Jaune asked.

"We're engaged," Blake pointed out.

"So... Yes?"

Blake sighed, and gently bumped her head against his.

"You dork."

"So I've been told," Jaune deadpanned.

- - -

The throne room was in the oldest of the Admin Center buildings. It had been made when the position of King was formally abolished, so it was fairly modest. Vaulted ceilings of plain white, with little alcoves in between the columns that led to the throne. In each alcove was a suit of armor, holding a weapon.

The throne itself was made of black marble, blocky, plain and functional.

It was also uncomfortable, which is why Jaune was fine with not sitting in it any more than he had to. He stood in front of the throne with Blake. He was in a well tailored suit with a sash over his chest in the colors of the Valean flag. A simple gold band was around his head.

At his side, holding his hand, stood Blake. She was in her black dress from the Beacon Dance, as it was the best they could find for her on such short notice. She wore a silver band around her head, and her ears were bare.

The rest of their friends, guards, and the surviving government officials stood on either side of the throne room as a long red carpet was rolled out.

The door to the throne room opened, and several Menagerie Knights in bronze and black armor marched in. They took up station on either side of the carpet, holding up their weapons. Under this protection walked in Ghira and Kali Belladonna. Both in ornate black and purple robes of Fuujin style, they approached Jaune and Blake with grave expressions.

Ghira himself was a bear of a man, gigantic and powerful. Kali was shapely but athletic, and her golden eyes bored into Jaune's. He held it as best he could, matching her stare.

He smiled politely as they stopped a few meters away. He inclined his head respectfully, a motion Blake copied.

"Chieftain Ghira, Lady Kali, it is an honor to meet you," he said, "We thank you for your aid and assisting us in our hour of need."

Ghira glowered at him.

"You're King Jaune, huh?"

Jaune blinked. Blake became tense next to him. Cardin, Nora, and Ren began to go for their weapons discretely.

"Yes sir."

"You marrying my daughter?"

"Yes sir."

"You gonna treat her right, even as a king?" Ghira went on.

Jaune slowly nodded.

"I would die before I let any harm come to her," he swore. Blake blushed severely.

Ghira stared intently at him... Before grinning and hugging him.

"Thank you!" He cried happily, as the rest of the Valeans stared at him in disbelief. "You've saved our daughter from a life living with some genocidal maniac!"

"Or alone in an apartment, her only joys a can of tuna or a new book!" Kali sobbed, hugging Jaune on his other side. "Oh, thank you, wonderful son in law!" She hugged Blake next. "Congratulations, Blake! Are you pregnant yet? When can we expect grandkitties?!"

Jaune let out a long sigh of relief, even as Rufus Winchester chuckled and Goodwitch pushed her glasses up to pinch the bridge of her nose.

Well... Least they're not big on decorum, he thought.

- - -

Last edited:
Kamen Rider Ruby Rose
*Yang violently kicks in a door*

Yang: which one of you dead bastards showed Ruby Tokusatsu?!

*Everyone points at Jaune*

Jaune: what? It's just harmless fun.

*Yang grabs Jaune by the back of the shirt and lifts him like a kitten to force him to look out the window*

Ruby: You creatures of darkness and sin! Beware for I am here.

Jaune: Don't tell me.

*Ruby pulls out a weird looking belt with a bulky buckle etched with pictures of roses and corgi*

Yang: oh I'm telling you.

*Ruby slaps on the belt*

Belt: rough and tumble! Roar and rumble! Stand up!

*A storm of rose petals surround Ruby before dying down to reveal a figure in a rose red body suit covered in black and white armor panels and a vaguely dog like helmet*

Belt: First Hero Second Edition! Kamen Rider Zwei!

Jaune/Yang: I/you fucked up.

Cowboys of Remnant
- - -

Radian, North Sanus

- - -

"I tell ya Nick, it's a damn catastrophe!"

Jaune peeked into the family kitchen, his eyes wide. The thirteen year old was used to tall men: His father was nearly seven foot tall, same with his grandfather. Yet here was a man who could barely fit into their kitchen, sitting across the table from his dad.

He was built broad and brawny, with a face weathered by the sun. His eyes were deep blue, his hair was silver brown. His chin was like a lantern made of solid brass. He wore riding leathers, khaki, black, and yellow. A red scarf was tied around his neck, and he wore a tall gray ten gallon hat. A revolver hung from his belt, and a shotgun over his back. He sipped his beer, the same as his father.

"All your hands just up and quit, huh?" Nick asked sympathetically. The tall man nodded.

"Mm. A new Dust Mine opened up, and they all went to go work for the Schnees instead of me! ME! Most of 'em I taught the cattle business when they were no taller than a damn fence post! All my cattle are ready to go down to Bulwark, and they just up and leave!"

"Well, you didn't exactly help your case, Rooster Duke," Isabel observed, sipping some tea at the other kitchen door, "You had a few hands willing to work, if you let them go up to the Schnee mines to see how the work was."

Rooster snorted.

"If you can't trust a man in safety, you can't trust them in the Grimm infested wilds. I've seen men turn tail at the hint of a Beowulf, where only hours before they'd sworn everything to the job in the bar. No, no..."

"You could wait until next year," Nick suggested. "A lot of ranchers wait every two years for a drive."

Rooster huffed.

"Lot of ranchers get fat off government money. Paid to not grow, to not work, all for some politician's pocketbook. Ain't for me, Nick. And it ain't for either of you, even in an old town like this."

Nick smirked. Isabel nodded slowly.

"No more than we have to," Isabel agreed. "So, why are you here?"

"I need hands, and I need Hunters," Rooster stated flatly. "I can pay you top rate, Nick, you're worth it. I can't pay you until we get to Bulwark, but it'll be worth your while."

Nick looked to Isabel. She smiled at him.

"The training school is closed for the season, and I think Sarge can run the militia for a few months without you," Isabel observed.

"Guess I'm your man," Nick chuckled. "As for hands... Well. Mercer Sith is off school. Orchid can handle a horse. The Gaffer boy is old enough."

"Kids?" Rooster made a face. Nick shrugged.

"You got any better ideas?"

Rooster scowled harder. He sighed.

"Ain't like I got much choice, God help me." He looked over. "What about your son?"

His parents looked over, and Jaune winced. Her walked out into the open.

"He's too young-" Isabel started. Jaune shook his head.

"I can ride a horse, and handle a rope, sir," Jaune stated. "I also know how to shoot a gun, though I want to use a sword."

"He ain't even had his Aura unlocked," Rooster growled.

"I'm hoping he'll take after his mother and become a doctor," Nick said. Jaune shook his head.

"Dad, Mom... If Mister Duke needs a hand? I'll be a hand. Let me help."

Nick hummed. Isabel shook her head.

"Nick, please-!"

"It's his decision," Nick stated calmly. Rooster stared at him, hard, with those brilliant blue eyes. It felt like a knife was cutting right through him. Jaune stood his ground.

"I want to protect people, and fight the Grimm," he said, "And working as a hand on your drive will help me do it."

"It won't be easy, and I'll drive you until you can't even see straight," Rooster stated, cold and hard, "It will be rough and tough. No breaks, not even on Sundays. But if you can make it, boy... You'll be paid well in lien, and you'll be a man. What do you say?"

Jaune glanced over at his parents. Isabel frowned deeply. She looked to Rooster.

"You'll keep him safe?"

"I'll teach him to keep himself safe," he grunted. Nick nodded grimly.

"We'll keep him safe, Isabel, I swear."

Isabel sighed. She looked to Jaune.

"Is this really what you want?"

"Yes Mom, it is," Jaune said.

Isabel slowly nodded. Rooster looked to Jaune.

"Well then, Mister Arc," Rooster stated, holding out his hand, "Welcome aboard the Duke Ranch Company."

Jaune shook Rooster's hand. The grip was stronger than steel, but Jaune held back his wince.

"Yes sir!"

- - -

I am a huge fan of John Wayne, and his westerns. And hell, people still gotta eat. While railroads would let you get cattle to many major cities, like today, you'd still need to do cattle drives to move cattle around. They'd require Hunter protection, and cow hands.

So basically you could do some Western-style stories in Remnant.

Rooster Duke is naturally named for John Wayne's role in "True Grit" and John Wayne's nickname "The Duke".

She succedded in making herself into a Kamen Rider.. that is the opposite of fucking up.

That is fucking WINNING
The problem is that now there's a teenage weeb with super powers running around, who can build herself MORE super powers and could give them out.

Also with early Ruby being so...Ruby. I'm pretty sure she'd happily share how to make everyone into cool kamen riders.

So we're going to have everyone and their mother with a belt soon enough.

Ruby's Cooking Skills
I honestly feel like Jaune would do pretty well, and Ruby would produce nothing but inedible abominations unless she's baking cookies.

Weiss: HOW?!

*Ruby covering her face in shame with a plate of perfect chocolate chip cookies in front of her*

Ruby: I don't know ok!

Weiss: you had ham, cheese, some onions, a handful of mushrooms, and pasta.

Ruby: and now we have cookies. I'm aware.

Weiss: show me.

Ruby: what?

*Weiss slaps a steak, some butter, garlic, and rice down in front of Ruby*

Weiss: cook me a steak with garlic rice.

Ruby: Weiss I ca-

Weiss:Do it.

*Ruby perfectly cooks the steak and rice*

Ruby: so far so good.

*Ruby puts the plate of steak down in front of Weiss*

Weiss: I knew it was some kind of silly game.

*Weiss cuts into the giant cookie on her plate and freezes*

Weiss: buh?

Ruby: I told you!

"If you can't trust a man in safety, you can't trust them in the Grimm infested wilds. I've seen men turn tail at the hint of a Beowulf, where only hours before they'd sworn everything to the job in the bar. No, no..."

"You could wait until next year," Nick suggested. "A lot of ranchers wait every two years for a drive."

Who's going to try rustling some cattle? Raven and the Branwen tribe, the White Fang?

Who's going to try rustling some cattle? Raven and the Branwen tribe, the White Fang?

Among others. While the CCNet covers a lot, there are still gaps in coverage. And a lot can happen out in the wilds. You could kill the actual ranchers and hands on the drive, ride the herd into the receiving area, say that you were hands and the boss and the others got killed by Grimm, and take the money before anyone knew what was happening in many cases. Or just take the cattle and sell them off to smaller communities who wouldn't look too closely where such a bounty came from.

Remnant is several islands of civilization in vast seas of untamed, wild, and dangerous territories where men and beast do what they can to survive. As such, it could lend itself to a lot of stories you'd find in westerns, samurai flicks, and so on.

A bit for the Cossack Thing.

For whatever reason the CRWBY are invited to the plains of Southern Sanus to visit the Sich of their Host.

Hetman's Son: Just a warning, there's a planned gathering of the Host right now, so we might have a few members of our host join us.

CRWBY Struggling with their mounts: Alright.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8G6S6fQQ4I&ab_channel=cvetozaver

The Members of the CRWBY staring at the Hetman's Son: Just a few huh?

Their voices are BARELY heard over the sound of thousands of horses' hoof beats as the wild men of the southern plains ride and whoop it up.

The Hetman's Son sheepishly grins.

An extremely ridiculous idea:

Zwei learns that Jaune's family farm raises corgis. The most beautiful corgi bitches around!

So Zwei decides he'll try to get Jaune together with Yang or Ruby (or both) so that he can have a harem of the hottest corgi bitches on Remnant!

An extremely ridiculous idea:

Zwei learns that Jaune's family farm raises corgis. The most beautiful corgi bitches around!

So Zwei decides he'll try to get Jaune together with Yang or Ruby (or both) so that he can have a harem of the hottest corgi bitches on Remnant!
There's only one way this ends.

Yang: so we're going to vomit boys this weekend for you to meet his sisters?

Ruby: yes

Zwei: <yes!>

Weiss: I heard his family are corgi breeders, might be a issue with yours.

Ruby: yeah we were thinking of leaving him here-

Zwei: <No!>

Ruby: -but blake offered to get him fixed for us instead.

Zwei: <NO!!!!>

Weiss: Blake offered?

Blake: dogs live longer when fixed and it'll let him hang out with other dogs without you having to watch him constantly.

Weiss: no I understand the benefits but YOU offered?

Blake: I can be nice.

Zwei: <this is because of the book isn't it?! You monster!!!>

Weiss: I guess...

At this point, I think Zwei will choose the Nuclear option and threaten Blake's remaining books. Lol. He just threateningly standing next to her precious books(maybe like a rare, signed or first edition book), preparing to pee on them, unless she surrender and let him go to his potential harem with his balls intact.

This just came to me. Jaune has Plants Semblance from Plants Vs Zombies. He used it to fight Grimms and solve food problems. Oh and his Uncle is Crazy Dave.

PVZ2_PS_Kernel_pult__10114.1435612897.1280.1280.jpg

My favorite is Kernel Pult.

Random idea; what if Jaune was secretly very wealthy, because his dad and/or mom invents various alternatives to Dust for a living?

Jaune he might not even know it himself because his parents kept it from their children to prevent it from going to their heads.
They might have started out as Huntsmen/Huntress, and noticed the overreliance on Dust, and started trying to create various alternatives.

Those alternatives might not be as versatile (so multiple variants are needed depending on the specific purpose) or powerful as Dust, but they're cheaper and easier to produce (and they're not reliant on the monopoly of the Schnee Dust Company).
Stuff like explosive and/or flammable compounds, electrical engines, water collectors, advanced steam generators, electricity generators, tornado creation engines, lasers, forcefield generators, gravitational fields generators, and cold/ice machines (like a fridge).

Jaune might have even been educated from a young age to follow in his dad's footsteps, and have an increasable knowledge of chemistry, physics, engendering, and other relevant subjects (and he might not even really know how they're relevant).

Jacques Schnee would probably really want to own the Arc company, and is willing to use an arranged marriage to get it (Between Weiss and Jaune, or between Whitley and one of the younger Arc sisters).
Alternatively, Jaune's parents kept the fact that they have children from the public and Jacques is really frustrated on how he could get his hands on ARC Inc. (blackmailing them probably isn't a good idea, if even one of the parents still has a Huntsman Licence, used to have one, or is willing to call in favours from their military contractors).

Jacques Schnee would probably really want to own the Arc company, and is willing to use an arranged marriage to get it (Between Weiss and Jaune, or between Whitley and one of the younger Arc sisters).
Alternatively, Jaune's parents kept the fact that they have children from the public and Jacques is really frustrated on how he could get his hands on ARC Inc. (blackmailing them probably isn't a good idea, if even one of the parents still has a Huntsman Licence, used to have one, or is willing to call in favours from their military contractors).
Now that's giving me the mental image of Weiss finding out about this and trying to play wingman for Jaune to get him hooked up with someone else to spite her dad.

There's only one way this ends.

Yang: so we're going to vomit boys this weekend for you to meet his sisters?

Ruby: yes

Zwei: <yes!>

Weiss: I heard his family are corgi breeders, might be a issue with yours.

Ruby: yeah we were thinking of leaving him here-

Zwei: <No!>

Ruby: -but blake offered to get him fixed for us instead.

Zwei: <NO!!!!>

Weiss: Blake offered?

Blake: dogs live longer when fixed and it'll let him hang out with other dogs without you having to watch him constantly.

Weiss: no I understand the benefits but YOU offered?

Blake: I can be nice.

Zwei: <this is because of the book isn't it?! You monster!!!>

Weiss: I guess...
Ruby : we need to keep him from the bitches.

Yang: RUBY!

Ruby: WHAT? It's the proper term for female dogs!

So what are some political challenges for King Jaune to face?
Taxes, infrastructure, Atlas, Grimm, taxes, White Fang, regulations both necessary and unnecessary, taxes, diplomacy, training of military and law enforcement, Yang breaking a leg and Pyrrha murdering a gynoid because I doubt the average person knows the whole truth about the Vytal Festival.

Some fun potential friendships not explored in the canon:

-Blake and Pyrrha both love erotica. Pyrrha even more so given her celebrity status left her with few outlets. They bond over their mutual hobby and perhaps Pyrrha's dirtiest secret: She wants a harem ending with Jaune!

-Jaune and Nora. She is very much like one of his sisters and he treats her with respect despite her Nora-ness. So when she wants to go see the sloths at the zoo and Ren needs some time to himself? Jaune is there.

-Weiss and Coco. She is socially adept and Coco's mother is famous. Why wouldn't they connect? Though perhaps not in all the ways Coco would like.

-Sun and Ren. They are both martial artists. They might both be orphans. Why not have them bond in their fighting arts as bros?

Some fun potential friendships not explored in the canon:

-Blake and Pyrrha both love erotica. Pyrrha even more so given her celebrity status left her with few outlets. They bond over their mutual hobby and perhaps Pyrrha's dirtiest secret: She wants a harem ending with Jaune!

-Jaune and Nora. She is very much like one of his sisters and he treats her with respect despite her Nora-ness. So when she wants to go see the sloths at the zoo and Ren needs some time to himself? Jaune is there.

-Weiss and Coco. She is socially adept and Coco's mother is famous. Why wouldn't they connect? Though perhaps not in all the ways Coco would like.

-Sun and Ren. They are both martial artists. They might both be orphans. Why not have them bond in their fighting arts as bros?
I feel like velvet and ruby might have a interesting dynamic.

Ruby loves weapons and velvets entire schtick revolves around using multiple weapons and fighting styles.

They could probably spend days just talking shop and spitballing ideas off each other.

Substitute Teacher Taiyang Xiao-Long 2 (Revised)
A new draft of the original bits, now combined into one big chapter.

- - -

Knocking Yang out had been one of the most painful things Taiyang had ever had to do. He'd tricked his own eldest daughter, lied right to her face... And knocked her out.

He had handed her to Jaune and Pyrrha, and told them to run. To save as many civilians as possible, and to get out of here. To take care of his daughters... Though that was mostly directly at Jaune.

They'd obeyed, thankfully. He'd seen the look in their eyes, all of their eyes.

They were all too willing to give their lives in a futile battle for others.

It was foolish, it was ridiculous... It was noble.

He snorted. It was all too familiar.

They would be great heroes one day... But this was a war. The old shouldn't sacrifice the young for their safety.

That had been the one thing he would always disagree with Ozpin on.

But if the old wizard's current body was dead... Well... Nothing for it.

He climbed all the way up to the top of the tower through the elevator shaft, and hopped up. There stood Cinder Fall, cackling madly as she threw fireballs. She twisted the flames in her hands into lightning, and let it fly. Tai barely dodged the shot she fired, as she giggled.

"Ohhh... Professor Xiao-Long! I'm afraid I'm in charge now," she cooed. "If you're here to give me a detention, I'll have to refuse!"

"No," Tai said with a shake of his head, "I'm here to stop you."

Cinder laughed out loud, before channeling another blast of lightning and striking him dead on. He was slammed through the metallic walls, almost right off the tower. He grabbed onto the outside and swung himself back in, breathing hard. He tossed aside his burning vest, leaving him in his undershirt and khaki shorts.

"You? The old has-been with a neat little trick?!" Cinder mocked. "The dorky dad whose well past over the hill! I've got the powers of the Maiden! You can't even think to stop me!"

Taiyang let the insults flow over and past him, like he always had.

"Children don't belong in war... Adults should protect them, and end threats to their happiness. That's why I'm here."

Cinder scoffed. Taiyang smirked.

"Tell me... Do you want to see a power even your queen fears?"

Cinder stared at him for a moment, uncomprehendingly... Before she laughed with a mocking sneer on her face.

"There is no such power!"

Taiyang nodded slowly and took a deep breath.

"Guess I still have one last thing to teach."

Summer... I'm sorry I didn't figure this out until after you were taken from me... I'm sorry I wasn't there for you... But I am grateful for your love, and the children we made... I won't let them be taken too... No more today...

He pictured the faces of his wives, his best friend, his children... And let the fire within burn.

"This is Burn Level One, you're familiar with it," Taiyang said, "And this?"

He pushed further, and his eyes burned red. His hair waved, as lightning erupted around him and through his hair. His Aura burned like a bonfire around him, yellow as the sun. His heart glowed in his chest, as his hands gained claws.

"This is Burn Level Two. I learned this fighting your mistress," Taiyang hissed. The lightning arced up and down his spine.

"And it wasn't enough to bring her down!" Cinder said mockingly. Taiyang smirked, his teeth jagged and sharp. He clenched his fists.

"And this…? This… Is to go…"

Summer… Qrow… Ruby… Yang… Zwei… Raven…

"
Even further… BEYOND! HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!"

Not since after the night Summer had died... Not Qrow had beaten the living shit out of him to remind him that he was a father, he had responsibilities... And he had power .

A power that exploded all around him, tearing gouges and cracks in the floors and walls, forcing Cinder to put up a magical barrier. She stared at him, uncomprehendingly, with fear behind her anger.

Qrow, fighting Grimm on the Vale outskirts… Froze mid swing. The Ursa he'd been about to cut down turned and fled. He looked around. Dozens of Grimm were turning and fleeing, as though in pure panic.

He looked towards the tower, and sucked in a deep breath. He could see white light burning from the top, miles away.

"Tai, no!" Qrow hissed. "You damn fool! If you do this now…!"

People cried for help nearby. He grit his teeth, and charged off to save them.

Damnit Tai…! Don't you die on me...!

Ruby was nearly bowled over by fleeing Grimm. She had ended up on the edge of Beacon, having barely escaped Vytal. Her silver eyes widened as she looked at the top of the tower.

"What… What is that light? It… It can't be…"

She gaped in astonishment.

"Dad?!"

Raven, in her White Fang mask, watched over the chaos with a dispassionate eye. The weaklings were fleeing, the plan was going down. She felt utterly empty… Then she felt it.

She looked towards Beacon in the distance, and the new star glowing atop it. Her jaw dropped as her Semblance gave her knowledge on Tai.

Despite all her denials, all her suppression of her feelings… She could still sense him. So she still cared for him on some level.

"Tai…?!"

Even while unconscious, in Jaune's arms as they ran, Yang still stirred.

"Dad…No…" She whispered.

Taiyang breathed out white flames, which he blew out like the dragon he was named for. The flames flew back into his face, burning it black. His hair caught fire waving wildly behind him like a white hot flag. His eyes burned blue, as his mouth glowed white and wide. His body bulked up, a strange ecstasy mixed with an almost unbearable pain. Yet he could see beyond, feel beyond, anything he had before.

He could feel the energy threatening to tear him apart from the inside. His soul was on fire, it might all burn away, and leave him as nothing but dust thrown into the wind afterwards.

But whatever the outcome, the fear in Cinder's eyes was never going away.

"Sorry that took so much longer than the others," he apologized with the grin of a demigod, "I call this one... Burn Level Three."

He'd make sure of it.

Of course Cinder Fall had seen Taiyang Xiao-long's Semblance. She'd been in the classroom when he began doing substitute teaching. She had looked up his public records, and any private files she could on the man who had once tried to kill Salem with his team.

His Semblance at Level 1 was certain intimidating. Level 2, he appeared like a god of thunder from the ancient mythologies of northern Solitas. Now at level three, his hair burned and waved like white flames, as his eyes burned blue. There was none of the rage in his previous transformations-There was anger, but it was tightly controlled and focused right on her as power crackled around him like a storm held in human form.

His combat prowess had been formidable back in the day. He certainly looked formidable now. But he had retreated to a backwater little island to teach brats. In her mind, he was nothing: Especially not when she had the power of the Fall Maiden.

She realized she might need to reconsider that exactly one second after his fist connected with her jaw, and she felt teeth get knocked out of her mouth as she herself was slammed into the nearest wall hard enough to knock the wind out of her.

"Wha-!"

She summoned up all her new magical power to form a barrier and unleashed a fire blast. Her jaw pulled itself back together, the Grimm, her Aura, and her Maiden Magic all working in tandem to heal her. She'd just gotten her jaw back into place and her teeth were regenerating just as her fire blast wiped out everything in front of her...

And he reappeared right above her, slamming a kick she barely blocked with her arm and a summoned sword. The force still slammed her back, and she flew away from the wall to get some open air. She turned and unleashed a dozen conjured arrows! He punched and kicked them all to pieces, before he vanished again. She swung around to fill the air behind her with flames, blasting holes in the walls!

Another super strong punch hit her in the kidneys, then another, another, another-!

A kick to the small of her back made her bones creak as she was slammed through the wall to the outside of the dome. With a roar of rage, she rose into the air. She held her hands up, and summoned the storm.

The cloud churned and spun over her, and lightning crackled overhead. She threw her hands down, and nature's fury rained on the Beacon Tower's top. Lightning lashed like whips of the gods, tearing apart the dome and causing explosions and fires!

A burning white blur emerged from the dome, flipping back and dodging the lighting blasts!

Impossible...! Cinder thought, just as that blur resolved itself into Xiao-Long. He vanished, then reappeared right in front of her. She summoned her swords and stabbed into his chest!

He just flared his Aura hotter, and they snapped against his flesh. He grabbed her shoulders, and, using a blast of Aura from his feet that vaporized his sandals and sent them spinning, threw her back through the dome!

"GAH!"

She went through the wall and the floor and the next floor... Ending up a battered, bloody heap in a scrappile that had once been a collection of machines. She looked up as her bones knit and her flesh healed... Only for Xiao-Long to plant both his feet right in her gut, wrenching a scream and a spray of blood from her mouth!

Summon... Summon...!

This was more complicated... The Grimm were resisting her orders. She could guess why-The Grimm inside her were filled with the closest equivalent to fear they could feel. She mustered up her magic and Aura and projected both as hard as she could, blasting Xiao-Long back through several large machines. She managed to get back up, drawing breath frantically into her lungs as her ribs painfully got back into their proper places.

Xiao-Long shook his head, standing up with a shudder. His power was intense-Intense enough it was tiring him out. She had only one chance to win this, then.

"DIE!" She roared, summoning dozens of glass arrows and unleashing them. She let loose a second wave of fire blasts, and lightning she called down from above. She was tearing the top of the tower to pieces, causing explosions and fires. She had to protect herself from that, too, but the bigger threat was Xiao-Long. He kicked and punched his way through the hail of arrows, then blasted through the flames. The lightning... It was hurting him, she could tell, but his flames rose higher as he fought through every blast.

His eyes were fixed upon her. Filled with no remorse, no mercy, only a grim determination and a cold fury.

It was easily the most terrifying thing she had ever seen, as he kept advancing no matter what she threw at him!

"DIE! JUST DIE!" She shrieked, gathering up her power and exploding it through her Aura in all directions!

The massive blast tore through the metal walls and supports of the upper levels. The metal groaned, then began to shriek as the ceiling began to collapse. Cinder summoned her power and flew upwards through the many holes their fight had produced, trying to escape as hundreds of tons of metal began to collapse. She looked back over her shoulder and gaped.

Xiao-Long was right behind her, those eyes still burning...!

She reached out to the Grimm, with as much raw fear, rage, and power she could...!

One answered.

KABOOOOOOOOM!

One of the mountains nearest Beacon exploded. A huge black form spread its terrible, reptilian wings. It took flight, causing a hurricane-level gale as it ascended. A horrific roar issued from its mouth, filling every living creature across Vale with horror and dread.

Cinder flew for all she was worth, and landed on the back of the great Grimm Dragon. She sucked in a breath, tried to calm herself.

Kill the glowing one! She ordered the Grimm. It roared, and dove on the smoldering Beacon Tower. She looked back at last, her smirk re-emerging.

The idiot had fallen back, landing on the tower. There was no way he could reach her-!

He vanished. He reappeared up above the Tower, fifty meters... Then disappeared to reappear, and again, and again-!

Wha ... Cinder gasped, He's propelling himself with his Aura to FLY?!

He reappeared right above her, and dove like a falcon. Cinder barely dodged out of the way as his fist landed. The Aura blast unleashed from the impact exploded outward, making the Grimm Dragon roar in pain!

"You...!"

Xiao-Long reared back, ready for a much more powerful blow targeted at her head. She slammed her hands down onto the back of the Grimm Dragon.

CONSUME ! She screamed in her mind.

Hundreds of Grimm limbs erupted from the dragon's back, clawed and grasping. They dragged Xiao-Long down, and he sank down. He fought furiously, but unable to build up momentum for his blows, he was weakened. She could see his power was doing a lot of her work for her, too-Parts of his skin were blackened, burning up from the inside.

Cinder managed to stand on shaky legs, and her arrogance returned.

"Haa... Haaa... Pathetic effort... Hasbeen...!" She sneered, as Xiao-Long was consumed by the Dragon Grimm.

He grit his teeth, his eyes burned, before he vanished. Pity. She would have liked to have seen the look of despair on his face as he broke...!

Now, she had to focus on healing, and destroying Vale. She slowly made her way towards the head of the Dragon-The best place to watch her plan come to fruition.

The Grimm held him tightly. His Aura was fading... He'd used too much energy... He was familiar with this, the feeling of burning away.

He'd felt it before... When they failed to stop Salem. He'd pushed himself to his limits. He was well beyond his limits from back then... But it felt the same way.

Like he was fading away, burning like paper, leaving nothing but ashes behind that would blow away into the wind...

He could still see Summer as she fell. He still heard his screams as he was dragged away by Raven and Qrow.

Strange... He could see her face now, even in this all-encompassing darkness and pain.

He could almost feel her hand on his cheek, so familiar...

Tai... You can't give up... Not yet...

"I've... Got... Nothing left," Taiyang gasped into the snarling, all consuming darkness.

She still felt warm against him.

You can't give up... Not yet...

"... I can't," he agreed. Summer smiled at him, full of love and hope.

Just like she was when she fell. When he failed her.

You didn't fail me then, and you won't fail me now. You can do it, sweetie, she said, Now ...

She rested a hand on his heart. His burning dragon's heart.

Get up... And finish this...

Tai breathed in. He focused on the warmth. The burn began to ebb, the pain faded... But the light exploded around him.

I'll see you soon, Summer...

Cinder had mustered up the breath to laugh again. She could see the helpless people below her, fleeing like ants. She had just told the Dragon to pick out one of the larger skyscrapers first, to topple it like a tree onto the city streets...

The Dragon bellowed in pain, and she heard and felt a rumble throughout its body.

She turned around back towards the back of the beast.

No... No...!

White light burned from between the jagged spines and ribs of the might Grimm Dragon. Another rumble, and the entire monster shook. It bellowed again, and another blast of Aura erupted from its insides.

No no no...!

Another blast erupted, this time from below. She could feel the Grimm's pain, and clutched at her chest in sympathetic connection. The entire Grimm Dragon began to falter, shudder...

Because someone had just destroyed its heart.

Another blast, another, another! Each time, it got closer, traveling up the Grimm Dragon's neck. Cinder screamed and unleashed everything at the bit connecting the Grimm Dragon's head to its neck-Every arrow, every blast of fire, every jagged sword, every blast of lightning!

The neck burst, and the beast's screams were cut off as its head came clean off its body.

And through the hail of death she had unleashed, He came.

"NO! NOOOO-!" Cinder shrieked. She threw up every barrier she could-Her fire, her Aura, her swords, her godsdamn arrows-!

And none of it mattered as Xiao-Long's burning fist broke through all of it. The impact stuck so hard she felt every bone along her right side shatter. Her skin burned and crackled, and she fell. All she could hear was the sound of her screams, all she could see were those eyes ...!

She hit the ground like a fallen angel, the pavement exploding around her. Agony like nothing she had ever felt burned through her, so intense she couldn't even scream anymore. She couldn't see out of her right eye, she could feel nothing but agony inside and out... Her Aura burned, frantically trying to keep her alive even as the Grimm inside her did the same.

The pain fed the Grimm... She knew this... But she found herself begging for death to end it...!

She vaguely made out a familiar mop of green hair, and one of silver, over her. She felt herself be moved, carefully. She could just make out the sounds of a Bullhead, and felt medical instruments being applied to her. It was only then she mercifully blacked out.

Yet those eyes still remained in her nightmares.

Tai managed to use a little bit of Aura to slow his descent. Just enough to land without breaking anything. He slammed into the ground pretty damn hard all the same though, so he wasn't in great shape.

He looked up from the crater he'd formed. He took as deep of breaths as he could manage. They just got shallower and shallower, as his body seemed to... Fade around him.

He looked up. He could see green grass, flowers and trees. Just at the edge of the crater, he made out two red flowers, and two yellow flowers, waving in the slight breeze but otherwise unharmed. Despite everything, they still lived. Still grew. Still endured.

He let out a soft laugh, as he collapsed onto the dirt. He felt warm arms embracing him.

I knew you could do it, Summer whispered. Now... Let's go home.

Right behind you
, he thought. Yang... Ruby... Qrow... Raven... I love you. You'll be okay...

Taiyang Xiao-Long closed his eyes, and smiled.

Short Idea

The heating at Beacon goes on the fritz, and with how lightly Huntresses tend to dress, it gets downright chilly. Jaune's hoodies become in high demand, however there is a limited supply....

Jaune's Aura is so big and so warm it makes him a natural space heater. So he's in high demand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back