• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

[SFW] A Pact of Monsters II [Garden of Monsters Civ/Rp/Council game] [Ended]

Re: [NSFW] A Pact of Monsters II [Garden of Monsters Civ/Rp/Council game]

Pack Action: [X] Establish The Pact's Territory and camp.

Personal Action: [X] Begin a Hunt, search for signs of a worthy prey, he has no time for the smaller prey that the others will go after, instead he will look for signs of a more valuable kill. is always on the lookout for not only the subtle clues that would show that another Vorid is in the area, but also for where those signs have been disturbed, most likely by another hunter. It doesn't take long for him to find the subtle clues that another had been in the area recently, and so Kro'Lit begins to slowly follow the small signs that are left, the occasional pawprint, broken branches on the forest floor and even the familiar scent of a fellow Vorid. It doesn't take long for the trail to get interesting as he notices that he is not the only one hunting here tonight, although the clues are slightly less subtle, what with the giant pawprints and the knocked over trees. It was almost as if this one was so arrogant that it didn't even bother to hide itself.

It was almost boring to follow the new trail, all he had to do was follow the straight line of destruction, the only thing left for him to do was to try to puzzle out more about the new Vorid from the hilariously large about of evidence in front of him. Well obviously it was large, far larger than he was based on how much of a path it was creating simply by moving through the forest, most likely a quadruped based on the spacings of the prints it left, but it could have additional limbs. Going by the fact that it seemed to not need to stopping to examine the various tracks left behind by his initial target, it was most likely tracking it using the scent path left behind, suggesting that it may rely more on it's sense of smell than the other senses, as such he would need to ensure that he stays downwind when preparing to strike. Since it seemed to have no problems pushing it's way through the dense foliage, it most likely had a body well suited to charging and goring it's prey, especially going by how many of the trees seemed to have large gashes in them from when they had been impaled and tossed aside, as such Kro'Lit decided that standing in front of his target should be avoided.

Kro'Lit's musings were cut short when he heard a loud bellow from ahead of him, and what sounded like something crashing into a tree. He circled around and took to higher up in the trees so he could get a better view of the fight. Although once he was able to see what was going on, a fight might not be the best word to use as it looked like it was already over, with the larger Vorid already starting to feast on it's defeated prey. From what he could see it looked almost exactly like what he had thought it would, large body with a very nasty looking horn on the front, and from the looks of things it appeared to be covered in a thick chitin, especially since it didn't seem to have any wounds on it from either charging through the forest or it's fight. But it did look like the joints weren't as well covered, and going by how sharp it's sense of smell is, odds are the snout would be especially sensitive, and would also serve to blind it. All he would need to do is jump onto it's back, claw at it's face from behind and get ready to jump if it tried to slam his into something or roll, he was almost disappointed with how easy it would be. On the bright side it was large enough that it should help feed the rest of his pack for a while, and the horn would make for a nice trophy.

rhino.jpg

(Basically this but bigger)

Last edited by a moderator:

Lugia. Your spawn do not persist for more that the action they are made on (well more like after carrying out their purpose they go off into the forest.) You also cannot yet vary their function.

[X] Pack Action: Establish a territory and Camp.

[X] Personal Action: Cast Aura of Failure on myself and go looking for Biometal deposits.

Biometal tends to get tied up in the environment. Looking for deposits of it is kinda like looking for deposits of plants and animals... usually if you have some stored away somewhere that means it belongs to someone else...

Would it be possible just to scout around to see where there's a larger concentration in the surrounding area? Or perhaps the reverse, look around the area to see if there's anyone who owns a deposit near us?

Its just a warning that if you do find biometal deposits then likely you'd be ending up having a roll to see if anything finds you find it.

Humn. I'm going to more butcher something, see if it has any stashes and return to camp with murderkitten.

Hmm. Then what would be a safe way to observe the surrounding territory and find any points of interest?

Adyen said:
Hmm. Then what would be a safe way to observe the surrounding territory and find any points of interest?

Have a remote viewing skill or stealth related skills?

In the Garden ALL safety is relative.

Xicree said:
In the Garden ALL safety is relative.

Ah yes. I forgot about that.

Well then. I'll just stick with what I have then. Hopefully nothing happens. :)

I like how the first action of turn one is for murderkitten to go hunting with Old crow:

"Hey: old man, you want to join me on a hunt?" Blushes up a storm. "Not like it's a date or anything like that..."

Cyanios said:
I like how the first action of turn one is for murderkitten to go hunting with Old crow:

"Hey: old man, you want to join me on a hunt?" Blushes up a storm. "Not like it's a date or anything like that..."
"We work well together!"

MrGazzer said:
"We work well together!"
"Indeed we do." I ruffle my feathers and flexes my claws.

I have an mental image of you ending up all looking away with a pout as you say that. :p

Personnal Action:[X] Scout out the area looking for worthy prey or vorids that can be coerced to joining the pack.

Reading the intro I'm kinda suprised I lost since I would have abused the golden sword againt Kohas in order to win since all of his abilities were dangerous. But oh well that was just an intro and not a real fight anyway so I'm willing to chalk that up to necessity.

Wing101 said:

Personnal Action:[X] Scout out the area looking for worthy prey or vorids that can be coerced to joining the pack.

Reading the intro I'm kinda suprised I lost since I would have abused the golden sword againt Kohas in order to win since all of his abilities were dangerous. But oh well that was just an intro and not a real fight anyway so I'm willing to chalk that up to necessity.

Kohas is exactly the type of Vorid which is your trump. Your ideal makes you tend towards victories. His make him tend towards defeats, but he can then invert this to essentially cause his enemies to defeat themselves. Your own ideal turns against you and even then fighting him his ideal is one that breaks yours.

Kohas is exactly the kind of opponent which has the near perfect advantage against you.

Personal Action: [X] Form a secure storehouse/place for storing the Pack's supply of biometal, cores, and especially, bloodmetal. It's easier to protect it when one is certain that outsider Vorids cannot easily make off with them.

---

Just making/handling basic security measure for our stockpiles.

Xicree said:
Kohas is exactly the type of Vorid which is your trump. Your ideal makes you tend towards victories. His make him tend towards defeats, but he can then invert this to essentially cause his enemies to defeat themselves. Your own ideal turns against you and even then fighting him his ideal is one that breaks yours.

Kohas is exactly the kind of opponent which has the near perfect advantage against you.

Figured as much oh well IC that would just make me want to achieve victory againt him more.

Xicree said:
Biometal Construction Options:
Create Simple Biometal structures: -100 Biometal
Integrate Biometal with existing structures: -50 Biometal per structure
Sacrifice minion for biometal structure upgrade (Minion becomes part of structure, runs defenses): Cost -1 minion per structure.
Biometal defenses (Spike tendril, saw blade tendrils, Gatling spikes, writein): Cost -100 Bio-metal per defense instance

Looking at this, creating biometal structures will wipe out our store of biometal, so building defenses seems ill-advised at this time. I recommend harvesting the local plant life for biometal instead.

[X] Harvest the local plant life for Biometal, clear a space for construction of shelter later.

[!] Things fall down, relative to the floor of the Garden. Water is a thing. A collection of water that moves along a low point in the floor of the Garden is called a river. Since life requires easy access to water, then Avid Learner knows that intelligent life will collect in social groups near rivers, so when dawn breaks each day it travels down the slope. Its Ideal drives it to learn, to interact and observe, and Vorid are boring. What can it find?

Also, Xicree, can you tell me how you're implementing my spell via PM?

gibbousmoons said:
Looking at this, creating biometal structures will wipe out our store of biometal, so building defenses seems ill-advised at this time. I recommend harvesting the local plant life for biometal instead.

gib, I make stuff out of nothing. Much like how kinglugia spawns his minions. Except as noted on my end, I can make it out of nothing without cost.

Note my skill allows me to summon permanent structures. That doesn't use biometal.

It would be nice if Xicree would comment on this though.

ReinZero said:
gib, I make stuff out of nothing. Much like how kinglugia spawns his minions. Except as noted on my end, I can make it out of nothing without cost.

Note my skill allows me to summon permanent structures. That doesn't use biometal.

It would be nice if Xicree would comment on this though.
Then that sounds like a personal action, not a group one. Because it would be you doing it and not the group.

gibbousmoons said:
Then that sounds like a personal action, not a group one. Because it would be you doing it and not the group.

My Pack Action is the same as the majority's.

My Personal Action is the one specifying on the storage end stuffs.

ReinZero said:
My Pack Action is the same as the majority's.

My Personal Action is the one specifying on the storage end stuffs.
I think I see where we're talking past each other.

When I said that we shouldn't use a group action to make defenses, I wasn't talking about anyone's vote in particular. I was just making a post referencing Xicree's post on the first page, so that I could be sure everyone saw it, and pointing out that we shouldn't vote to build anything until we have more biometal. I wasn't trying to pick on your vote.

gibbousmoons said:
I think I see where we're talking past each other.

When I said that we shouldn't use a group action to make defenses, I wasn't talking about anyone's vote in particular. I was just making a post referencing Xicree's post on the first page, so that I could be sure everyone saw it, and pointing out that we shouldn't vote to build anything until we have more biometal. I wasn't trying to pick on your vote.

I recall from the previous iteration that aside from unexpected developments that would consume biometal, that it generally doesn't result in stuff being made unless the intention was completely behind it. Making a camp/etc. can be done by taking stuff from the surroundings/etc. and doing it -that- way.

Guys: first we send out a few hunters while the builder guys clear the camp site for anything we do not want in it. Then said hunters returns with bio or even possibly bloodmetal to build said structures.

Cyanios said:
Guys: first we send out a few hunters while the builder guys clear the camp site for anything we do not want in it. Then said hunters returns with bio or even possibly bloodmetal to build said structures.

Bloodmetal is a rarity you.

That aside, as is, that's basically how how it is.

ReinZero said:
Bloodmetal is a rarity you.

That aside, as is, that's basically how how it is.
Possibly: as in this shit is rare and if I find it I will ninja it.:D

If someone would be so kind as to collect all the votes together for me in one place. I will update once i get home.

Bolded winning Pack Action vote. Also, Cyanios and MrGrazzer's Personal Actions are co-op with each other.

Cyanios, kinglugia, ReinZero, Mishie, Adyen, MrGazzer, Wing101,

Pack action: [X] Such a collection of Vorid working together will draw the interest of others in the Forest, as such defenses are needed. The hunters shall go forth to collect the biometal which will be forged into the defenses, the thinkers shall design the fortifications to be built.
CrawlingChaos74,

Pack Action: [X] Set Up Camp
Bloodshifter,

Cyanios said:
Personal Action: [X] Go Hunting with Zerelth.

kinglugia said:
[X] Personal Action: Attune to said territory and spawn minions to patrol/clear out undesirable elements from the surroundings.

CrawlingChaos74 said:
Personal action: [X] Go out and hunt, surely there should be something interesting in the forest.

Bloodshifter said:
Personal Action: [x] Hunt Alone

ReinZero said:
Personal Action: [X] Form a secure storehouse/place for storing the Pack's supply of biometal, cores, and especially, bloodmetal. It's easier to protect it when one is certain that outsider Vorids cannot easily make off with them.

mishie said:
Personal Action: [X] Begin a Hunt, search for signs of a worthy prey, he has no time for the smaller prey that the others will go after, instead he will look for signs of a more valuable kill. is always on the lookout for not only the subtle clues that would show that another Vorid is in the area, but also for where those signs have been disturbed, most likely by another hunter. It doesn't take long for him to find the subtle clues that another had been in the area recently, and so Kro'Lit begins to slowly follow the small signs that are left, the occasional pawprint, broken branches on the forest floor and even the familiar scent of a fellow Vorid. It doesn't take long for the trail to get interesting as he notices that he is not the only one hunting here tonight, although the clues are slightly less subtle, what with the giant pawprints and the knocked over trees. It was almost as if this one was so arrogant that it didn't even bother to hide itself.

It was almost boring to follow the new trail, all he had to do was follow the straight line of destruction, the only thing left for him to do was to try to puzzle out more about the new Vorid from the hilariously large about of evidence in front of him. Well obviously it was large, far larger than he was based on how much of a path it was creating simply by moving through the forest, most likely a quadruped based on the spacings of the prints it left, but it could have additional limbs. Going by the fact that it seemed to not need to stopping to examine the various tracks left behind by his initial target, it was most likely tracking it using the scent path left behind, suggesting that it may rely more on it's sense of smell than the other senses, as such he would need to ensure that he stays downwind when preparing to strike. Since it seemed to have no problems pushing it's way through the dense foliage, it most likely had a body well suited to charging and goring it's prey, especially going by how many of the trees seemed to have large gashes in them from when they had been impaled and tossed aside, as such Kro'Lit decided that standing in front of his target should be avoided.

Kro'Lit's musings were cut short when he heard a loud bellow from ahead of him, and what sounded like something crashing into a tree. He circled around and took to higher up in the trees so he could get a better view of the fight. Although once he was able to see what was going on, a fight might not be the best word to use as it looked like it was already over, with the larger Vorid already starting to feast on it's defeated prey. From what he could see it looked almost exactly like what he had thought it would, large body with a very nasty looking horn on the front, and from the looks of things it appeared to be covered in a thick chitin, especially since it didn't seem to have any wounds on it from either charging through the forest or it's fight. But it did look like the joints weren't as well covered, and going by how sharp it's sense of smell is, odds are the snout would be especially sensitive, and would also serve to blind it. All he would need to do is jump onto it's back, claw at it's face from behind and get ready to jump if it tried to slam his into something or roll, he was almost disappointed with how easy it would be. On the bright side it was large enough that it should help feed the rest of his pack for a while, and the horn would make for a nice trophy.

rhino.jpg

(Basically this but bigger)

Adyen said:
[X] Personal Action: Cast Aura of Failure on myself and go looking for Biometal deposits.

MrGazzer said:
Personal Action: [X] Go Hunting with Old Crow

Wing101 said:

gibbousmoons said:
[X] Harvest the local plant life for Biometal, clear a space for construction of shelter later.

[!] Things fall down, relative to the floor of the Garden. Water is a thing. A collection of water that moves along a low point in the floor of the Garden is called a river. Since life requires easy access to water, then Avid Learner knows that intelligent life will collect in social groups near rivers, so when dawn breaks each day it travels down the slope. Its Ideal drives it to learn, to interact and observe, and Vorid are boring. What can it find?

ROLLS FOR MONTH 1
On next page.

Huh. Interesting rolls. -40 lol...

Isn't my roll a failure?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back