• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

The Red Rose of Konoha (Yu Yu Hakusho/Naruto)

Eh I still thinks he on the lower end of the scale. What he's got going for him is his teleport hax. Also I doubt that Obito is dead.

nightblade said:
Eh I still thinks he on the lower end of the scale. What he's got going for him is his teleport hax. Also I doubt that Obito is dead.
He's faster than the Raikage or Onoki.
He hits harder than Mei, and with more precision; he can call summons which are beyond Gaara .
He can remove the control of bijuu/summons from anyone he so chooses, and his barrier techniques are fuckoff awesome.
He crafted the Shiki Fuuin, and has the virtuosity to pull a bijuu sealing ritual at a minutes notice.

Teleport hax is but the most obvious of his talents.

uju32 said:
He's faster than the Raikage or Onoki.
He hits harder than Mei, and with more precision; he can call summons which are beyond Gaara .
He can remove the control of bijuu/summons from anyone he so chooses, and his barrier techniques are fuckoff awesome.
He crafted the Shiki Fuuin, and has the virtuosity to pull a bijuu sealing ritual at a minutes notice.

Teleport hax is but the most obvious of his talents.
I'm pretty sure the Shiki Fuuin is an Uzumaki tech considering that they made a mask that can summon the death god.

[X] Gather which?:
-> [X] Dandelions

Gather [X]Dandelions, keep an eye out for Sasuke tough so he wont touch anything dangerous

[X] redhead.
[X]Dandelions

[X] Gather which? (Pick one only):
-> [X] Dandelions
[X] Redhead.

[X] Dandelions

[X] Redhead.

The Quest Title. Kurama's own hair color. Kushina's hair color.

We must be a beautiful rose with a cool elegance emanating from our very being.

I thought what SS-rank was fanon? Still, idea of Minato being the weakest Kage is, I am sorry, a bit absurd.

Regardless, in this Quest he actually gets a chance to grow stronger - if one thinks what he is weak now, imagine him 10 years later.

[X] Dandelions

[X] Redhead.

[X] Don't take any seeds. Put on a show for Sasuke with the nontoxic plants to distract him.
[X] Blonde.

About the Minato vs other Villages: He's not broken because he wins every fight, it's because any fight that happens where Konoha is involved must also involve other Kage level fighters for the non-Konoha side to have a chance in the first place.

This is what happens when the logistics of a side can be boiled down to 'Teleport it where it needs to go'. Strategic victory is nearly impossible for the other sides without escalating to all out war were both sides throw everything they have in a full mobilization, resulting in the next World Shinobi War.

[X] Dandelions

[X] Don't take any seeds. Put on a show for Sasuke with the nontoxic plants to distract him.

nightblade said:

"all he's got going for him"?

you say that like teleport hax isn't an instant "I win" button against anyone who can't survive having their brain pulped by a rasengan.

boredbird said:
About the Minato vs other Villages: He's not broken because he wins every fight, it's because any fight that happens where Konoha is involved must also involve other Kage level fighters for the non-Konoha side to have a chance in the first place.

This is what happens when the logistics of a side can be boiled down to 'Teleport it where it needs to go'. Strategic victory is nearly impossible for the other sides without escalating to all out war were both sides throw everything they have in a full mobilization, resulting in the next World Shinobi War.

[X] Dandelions

as if moving into full on war would help.

remember that he created that technique in the middle of the great shinobi war, and then the war ended.

and no, the timing on that was not a coincidence.

iamnuff said:
"all he's got going for him"?

you say that like teleport hax isn't an instant "I win" button against anyone who can't survive having their brain pulped by a rasengan.

as if moving into full on war would help.

remember that he created that technique in the middle of the great shinobi war, and then the war ended.

and no, the timing on that was not a coincidence.
In a setting where there are people who can reshape the landscape of where they are fighting he is. Anywhere else he would be op as hell.

nightblade said:
In a setting where there are people who can reshape the landscape of where they are fighting he is. Anywhere else he would be op as hell.

Except for the fact that he's canonically one of the most powerful people in the setting?
You keep talking about reshaping the landscape, but it doesn't matter.

Whether you get blown up along with half the planet, or have you head cut off by someone who teleported in behind you. Dead is dead.

Go make a list of the people in the setting who can survive getting stabbed in the face/decapitated, i'll wait right here.
What's that? There's about a dozen of them?

Remove all the bijuu, because he can seal those, and then find out how many of them can survive being decapitated, then having their heads reduced to pulp with rasengen, or blown up with explosive tags, or any of the other dozen horrible things he could do to you with no warning when he appears behind you.

The strength of a ninja shouldn't be measured by the size of the explosion he can make.

Last edited:
Actually, yeah. We can do that later. Social stuff is more important now.

[X]Redhead.

iamnuff said:
except for the fact that he's canonically one of the most powerful people in the setting?

you keep talking about reshaping the landscape, but it doesn't matter.

whether you get blown up along with half the planet, or have you head cut off by someone who teleported in behind you.

dead is dead.

now, go make a list of the people in the setting who can survive getting stabbed in the face/decapitated, i'l wait right here.

oh, whats that? there's about a dozen of them?

remove all the bijuu, because he can seal those, and then find out how many of them can survive being decapitated, then having their heads reduced to pulp with rasengen, or blown up with explosive tags, or any of the other dozen horrible things he could do to you with no warning when he appears behind you.

the strength of a ninja shouldn't be measured by the size of the explosion he can make.
Dude's stuck teleporting to fixed points. Any one that's on the level of a kage can and will be able to get around that.

IIRC, he can apply the Hiraishin Seal with a touch.

Which means if he touches you, at all, ever, he can teleport to your location whenever he wants. Dodging doesn't help, as it's 'Destination-You'.

Also, even without teleportation haxx he's still regarded as the fastest of the Kage, and that's in his early twenties- Nowhere near the peak of his growth. Those other guys didn't die before they reached their full potential. And this time, neither did he.

Vindictus said:
IIRC, he can apply the Hiraishin Seal with a touch.

Which means if he touches you, at all, ever, he can teleport to your location whenever he wants. Dodging doesn't help, as it's 'Destination-You'.

Also, even without teleportation haxx he's still regarded as the fastest of the Kage, and that's in his early twenties- Nowhere near the peak of his growth. Those other guys didn't die before they reached their full potential. And this time, neither did he.
True. But Minato main issue is that he has no ranged options really. I'm pretty sure E has some lightning jutsu he can throw out. Also the whole touch thing is probably known.

That's more an issue of specialization.

Yondaime is really focused on getting up close and personal, and taking you apart there, to the point where he developed a literal teleportation technique just so he could start out a fight in the other guy's face.

This is also, I'll note, one of the only two 'True Teleportation' techniques we see in Canon- Minato's Hiraishin, and the Summoning technique. All the others are either superspeed haxx, or some sort of astral projection.

... Oh hey, yeah, Astral Projection is totally a thing in Naruto isn't it? And not a Yamanaka thing either, although the Shintenshin is pretty close- The Akatsuki used it for meetings and stuffs.

I wonder why none of them weaponized that beyond Corpse Clones.

Oh yeah. For all you guys voting to be a redhead it probably means were not going to be able to learn Minato's techs for a long time. Also vin a smart kage class would figure out how to use Minato's teleport trick against him.

nightblade said:
Oh yeah. For all you guys voting to be a redhead it probably means were not going to be able to learn Minato's techs for a long time. Also vin a smart kage class would figure out how to use Minato's teleport trick against him.

Oh, that's easy! Here, I have three ways off the top of my head-

1) Become a murdershoggoth. It always helps.
2) Create a seal that activates on the bearer's death to create a nuclear blast. Put it on your whole army. Attack Konoha.
3) Purposefully trap yourself in a selectively permeable seal array, with one way in [teleportation] and no way out.

Yes, one way requires you to throw away your humanity and the other ways have to include plans for 'So now you're dead', but damn it, you got that bastard!

Vindictus said:
Oh, that's easy! Here, I have three ways off the top of my head-

1) Become a murdershoggoth. It always helps.
2) Create a seal that activates on the bearer's death to create a nuclear blast. Put it on your whole army. Attack Konoha.
3) Purposefully trap yourself in a selectively permeable seal array, with one way in [teleportation] and no way out.

Yes, one way requires you to throw away your humanity and the other ways have to include plans for 'So now you're dead', but damn it, you got that bastard!
Or you could take what you know about him and plan accordingly.

Vindictus said:
... Oh hey, yeah, Astral Projection is totally a thing in Naruto isn't it? And not a Yamanaka thing either, although the Shintenshin is pretty close- The Akatsuki used it for meetings and stuffs.
I wonder why none of them weaponized that beyond Corpse Clones.
Dan weaponized it well enough to become a Kage candidate.
Abd even as a Edo zombie, he could refill Tsunade's chakra reserves from across the battlefield.
Insane hax.
nightblade said:
Or you could take what you know about him and plan accordingly.
They did.
The fact that the favorite plan they came up with was "Flee on sight!" should tell you all you need to know.

Last edited by a moderator:
uju32 said:
Abd even as a Edo zombie, he could refill Tsunade's chakra reserves from across the battlefield.
Insane hax.They did.
The fact that the favorite plan they came up with was "Flee on sight!" should tell you all you need to know.
That was for the Mooks.

In wars mooks are vital. You cannot hold land without rank and file soldiers. If Minato destroys your army then you are limited to where you currently are. All hail the king of the hill!

uju32 said:
Insane hax.They did.
Yeah, why the hell we never heard anything about him for the first 400 chapters if he was at least in Kakashi's league is weird.

redaeth said:
In wars mooks are vital. You cannot hold land without rank and file soldiers. If Minato destroys your army then you are limited to where you currently are. All hail the king of the hill!
Yeah that's impressive. I was talking about Minato verse other kage level ninja.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back