• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

The Red Rose of Konoha (Yu Yu Hakusho/Naruto)

[x] Greet him properadoribly. "How do you do, Tenzo-nii-sensei? I'll be in your care."

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh my, this will be fun.

[X] Greet him properly. "How do you do, Tenzo-sensei? I'll be in your care."
The polite (and slightly imperious) princess and the off-white knight.

You could take that act on the road.

[X] Greet him adorably. "Nice to meet you, Tenzo-nii-san."

I wonder how much they expect we'll need to be taught. They did see us trap Itachi afterall.

Your mother snorts, and bites down on a smile. "Excuse me," she says, running out into the hallway and bursting into cackling laughter.

Tenzo sighs, visibly deflating. "Well, then," he says, smiling weakly, "shall we go to the park?"

Tenzo's abilities are interesting. You don't believe you've encountered someone whose powers encompass the manipulation of both trees and dead wood; the tiny playhouse he makes for you on the spot is almost comically detailed. Your own abilities are geared specifically toward 'awakening' life; Tenzo's appear to revolve around 'wood-charming', pure and simple. Life-manipulation is an adjunct of the power, not its source. Furthermore, he makes use of the handsigns you've seen other ninja use for elemental techniques.

So when he asks for a demonstration of what you yourself can do, you're faced with a minor quandary. Should you be up-front regarding the actual extent and nature of your powers? Or should you attempt to use your (admittedly scanty) knowledge of handseal theory to conceal the fact that they don't fit the existing paradigm of 'wood users'?

[X] Go all out.

[X] Mimic Tenzo's abilities.

Hard choice... On the other hand we could go all out and they would think its a new bloodline limit or something or then we could try and pass it as the more traditional ninja arts but i dont trust our ability to mimic the hand seals well enough and sensors maybe able to tell the difference between what we do and what Tenzo does.
so yeah gotta go with
[X] Go all out.

[X] Mimic Tenzo's abilities.
-[X] no seals, just copy what he made, but bigger (grow a tree, then make a treehouse in it)

(x) It doesn't hurt to have an ace or twelve sleeved. Use handsigns when using life awakening powers.

[X] It doesn't hurt to have an ace or twelve sleeved. Use handsigns when using life awakening powers.

[X] It doesn't hurt to have an ace or twelve sleeved. Use handsigns when using life awakening powers.

So....who thinks just faking the hand-signs might ed up screwing up whatever we try to do?

Hymn of Ragnarok said:
So....who thinks just faking the hand-signs might ed up screwing up whatever we try to do?
Eh, I figure just faking handsigns without getting chakra involved would be fine.

But would n`t that also raise the issue why we are unable to copy tenzos jutsus if we try to make it appear as if we emulate him there?

[X] Fake learning.
-[X] Don't conceal the nature of your powers. Start with smallish effects and work your way up, like you aren't sure what your limits are and are working it out as you go.
-[X] Make random handseal-inspired shapes. Octopus, Itsy-Bitsy Spider, Go Longhorns. Don't bother trying to make them fit what you're doing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back