• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Trials of the God-Harem King [Highschool DxD/Exalted] (CLOSED)

Wow, I go buy some milk and lose a lengthy discussion...

Brandark said:
It's...kind of a large stretch. The rarely speaking of herself part I understand , but the rest are not necessarily related.

Not really, Ise is just noticing she has a reason for that disparity of intimacy levels.

Alexander said:
[Common Sense] wants to give you an advice: maybe you should listen to the whole story before judging.

Well, That's a good Idea. Assuming that she explains it now... Do note that all I have implied is that we would need to talk, and that we might have to reassure her vehemently that her position doesn't change anything. So I don't see how it applies, unless my 'Engrish' failed me once more.

Oh wait, one last thing:

[X] Brandark's plan goes here
After the conversation is over, and Grayfia has taken her leave with Beowulf in tow, You turn towards Rias with a concerned expression.
--[X] "By the way Rias, I overheard a little before I came in... I don't know what "that matter" is, but if you're in some kind of trouble don't ever hesitate to ask me for help, okay?"

[X] "Huh? That's a thing."
*shrug*
"Anyway, what is it that the Maou wants you to do , and how am I involved in this?"

Smuthunter said:
Oh wait, one last thing:

--[X] "By the way Rias, I overheard a little before I came in... I don't know what "that matter" is, but if you're in some kind of trouble don't ever hesitate to ask me for help, okay?"

Hmm. Is it just me but is the phrasing a bit awkward here? Still I do think it's an improvement.

megrisvernin said:
Hmm. Is it just me but is the phrasing a bit awkward here? Still I do think it's an improvement.

It's not that the phrasing is awkward, but the timing is off. We are suddenly going off-tangent from a very serious discussion. Also, Rias is more likely to be open with us when confronted alone. I do agree that it's an improvement though. Perhaps we can do it like this?

After the conversation is over, and Grayfia has taken her leave with Beowulf in tow, You turn towards Rias with a concerned expression.

Brandark said:
It's not that the phrasing is awkward, but the timing is off. We are suddenly going off-tangent from a very serious discussion. Also, Rias is more likely to be open with us when confronted alone. I do agree that it's an improvement though. Perhaps we can do it like this?

Brandark said:

I kind of expected that Alex would postpone that until later using his own judgement. Probably better to explicitly state that's how we want it done.

Smuthunter said:
I kind of expected that Alex would postpone that until later using his own judgement. Probably better to explicitly state that's how we want it done.

I think Brandark's modification is explicit. We'll let Rias know this as soon as we finish discussing the Maou's request.

this seems acceptable.

Last edited by a moderator:

nightblade said:

Every single time...

Supporters:
[4] *Blink Blink* "haaaa, Wow... That must suck, So, what was it he wanted you to do?": (BFldyq, Silversun17, EternitynChaos, tsuknoryu2986)

[1] To your credit , you manage to close your mouth after just a second or two. Taking a look at Rias' distressed reaction , you move quickly to reassure her.:

[1] "Huh? That's a thing.": (MHLord)

[13] [X] To your credit, you manage to close your mouth after just a second or two. Taking a look at Rias' distressed reaction, you move quickly to reassure her.

"I... see. So Maou Lucifer is your brother? Ah, no need to be so tense, I was just surprised, is all. I won't hold it against you or treat you any differently. But I'd like a heads-up in the future about this kind of information, since it affects both of us.

But enough of that, we can save that discussion for later. Now, what is it that the Maou wants you to do, and how am I involved in this? Also, please clarify one thing. Is this request from the Maou in his official capacity, or is it an informal one from Rias' brother? I think the distinction affects me greatly as an affiliate of the Gremory clan. (Prince Charon, Brandark, Smuthunter, Diller, megrisvernin, ZipLopz, noahgab1133, nightblade, Deathwings, Drakebane, codeRR, another advent, Fellgar)
-[10] After the conversation is over, and Grayfia has taken her leave with Beowulf in tow, You turn towards Rias with a concerned expression. "By the way Rias, I overheard a little before I came in... I don't know what "that matter" is, but if you're in some kind of trouble don't ever hesitate to ask me for help, okay?"(Brandark, megrisvernin, Smuthunter, Diller, nightblade, codeRR, Deathwings, ZipLopz, another advent, Fellgar)

Alt.

-[3] "By the way Rias, I overheard a little before I came in... I don't know what "that matter" is, but if you're in some kind of trouble don't ever hesitate to ask me for help, okay?: (Prince Charon, Drakebane, noahgab1133

Random thought. Do we want to use any charms when we give our response? I think we're more defining Issei's character then trying to get a certain response from them but...just thought I'd ask.

[X] To your credit, you manage to close your mouth after just a second or two. Taking a look at Rias' distressed reaction, you move quickly to reassure her.

"I... see. So Maou Lucifer is your brother? Ah, no need to be so tense, I was just surprised, is all. I won't hold it against you or treat you any differently. But I'd like a heads-up in the future about this kind of information, since it affects both of us.

But enough of that, we can save that discussion for later. Now, what is it that the Maou wants you to do, and how am I involved in this? Also, please clarify one thing. Is this request from the Maou in his official capacity, or is it an informal one from Rias' brother? I think the distinction affects me greatly as an affiliate of the Gremory clan.
-[X] After the conversation is over, and Grayfia has taken her leave with Beowulf in tow, You turn towards Rias with a concerned expression. "By the way Rias, I overheard a little before I came in... I don't know what "that matter" is, but if you're in some kind of trouble don't ever hesitate to ask me for help, okay?"(

Wow, our Issei sure does love to hear himself talk doesn't he.

Well, hopefully Alexander will take the winning vote and turn it into something that doesn't make us sound like a raging hypocrite /sigh

Using charms for this seems silly, we aren't trying to convince people here, just showing our reaction, Alexander would have mentioned it otherwise I would think, and will use his discretion with charms if there use would come up without us voting on it, common sense, its a thing yo.

EternitynChaos said:
Wow, our Issei sure does love to hear himself talk doesn't he.

Well, hopefully Alexander will take the winning vote and turn it into something that doesn't make us sound like a raging hypocrite /sigh
I don't follow your reasoning.

up until now Her brother being Maou has had all of Zero effect on us,

But I'd like a heads-up in the future about this kind of information, since it affects both of us.

that statment above, its only now important, before now it's ment all of jack, and as for the hypocrite thing, well, we have been keeping things from her as well, not because we are mean or anything but because some of those secrets are not ours to hand over and others because well its never come up, kinda like her brother now.

complaining about her not mentioning this is like complaining about Akeno not telling us her dads one of the head fallen angels, or that Koneko's sister Kuroko-chan is a stray demon and she's the last of a super rare catgirl type, or that Kiba was part of the Excalibur artificial wielder project thing and why he hates Excalibur etc.

These are all Major personal issues, and expecting them to be trotted out just because is silly in the extreme, not to mention hubris worthy of an Elder Sidereal.

reactions like this are stupid, but that bandwagons rolling so there's not a hell of a lot I can do but hope Alexander works to minimize any idiocy so we don't hurt Rias without meaning to.

As always, ymmv

Yeah, definitely YMMV. You're really over-reacting about this.

EternitynChaos said:
None that we've seen. We're completely blind to the political effects of our actions, and we are clearly making some kind of waves given that we've apparently given Rias a chance to postpone or even cancel the wedding.

that statment above, its only now important, before now it's ment all of jack, and as for the hypocrite thing, well, we have been keeping things from her as well, not because we are mean or anything but because some of those secrets are not ours to hand over and others because well its never come up, kinda like her brother now.
We were keeping things from her but we also told her we were keeping secrets, and then we clued her in just like we promised we would after we finished off Raynare. We're also about to introduce her to Ruby and Yang, so we're not keeping that secret any more either, even though it's not really her business who we associate with on our own time.

in my defence a week long migraine + caffeine withdrawal and just waking up tends to do that, there's a REASON I tack ymmv onto a lot of my posts recently /laugh

EternitynChaos said:

complaining about her not mentioning this is like complaining about Akeno not telling us her dads one of the head fallen angels, or that Koneko's sister Kuroko-chan is a stray demon and she's the last of a super rare catgirl type, or that Kiba was part of the Excalibur artificial wielder project thing and why he hates Excalibur etc.

These are all Major personal issues, and expecting them to be trotted out just because is silly in the extreme, not to mention hubris worthy of an Elder Sidereal.

reactions like this are stupid, but that bandwagons rolling so there's not a hell of a lot I can do but hope Alexander works to minimize any idiocy so we don't hurt Rias without meaning to.

As always, ymmv

It doesn't matter when it affects us, what matters is that it affects us at all.What we hid from from Rias at first was the true extent of our power, we never misrepresented who we are, a talented and moderately powerful newcomer with vast potential. And we told her about our sacred gear and exaltation later, anyway.We were also very open with her about some other things we haven't told anybody else, too, like Ruby and Yang's existence, for example.

But her being the Maou's sister affects the contract we have with her. The things that are to be expected from a contract with a normal high-class devil is vastly different from what are to be expected from a contract with the Maou's sister. Due to our lack of knowledge, we are now tied up neatly in inter-faction politics, and probably underworld politics, too.

Lastly, being Sirzechs' sister is not a traumatic subject to Rias like Akeno and Kiba's past is. She loves her brother very much and would never want sympathy for being his sister. What she hates is being treated differently, which she assumed we will unquestionably do without giving us a chance.
And it's not like we are tearing her a new hole over the subject. Because we understand where she is coming from, we are just gently reminding her not to do this again. Not seeing the hypocrisy here.

I dunno. It could be just me, but saying we're not affected by it and won't treat her any different, then acting officially right after doesn't really make it seem like we're unaffected.

So is this vote count:
megrisvernin said:
Supporters:
[4] *Blink Blink* "haaaa, Wow... That must suck, So, what was it he wanted you to do?": (BFldyq, Silversun17, EternitynChaos, tsuknoryu2986)

[1] To your credit , you manage to close your mouth after just a second or two. Taking a look at Rias' distressed reaction , you move quickly to reassure her.:

[1] "Huh? That's a thing.": (MHLord)

[13] [X] To your credit, you manage to close your mouth after just a second or two. Taking a look at Rias' distressed reaction, you move quickly to reassure her.

But enough of that, we can save that discussion for later. Now, what is it that the Maou wants you to do, and how am I involved in this? Also, please clarify one thing. Is this request from the Maou in his official capacity, or is it an informal one from Rias' brother? I think the distinction affects me greatly as an affiliate of the Gremory clan. (Prince Charon, Brandark, Smuthunter, Diller, megrisvernin, ZipLopz, noahgab1133, nightblade, Deathwings, Drakebane, codeRR, another advent, Fellgar)
-[10] After the conversation is over, and Grayfia has taken her leave with Beowulf in tow, You turn towards Rias with a concerned expression. "By the way Rias, I overheard a little before I came in... I don't know what "that matter" is, but if you're in some kind of trouble don't ever hesitate to ask me for help, okay?"(Brandark, megrisvernin, Smuthunter, Diller, nightblade, codeRR, Deathwings, ZipLopz, another advent, Fellgar)

Alt.

-[3] "By the way Rias, I overheard a little before I came in... I don't know what "that matter" is, but if you're in some kind of trouble don't ever hesitate to ask me for help, okay?: (Prince Charon, Drakebane, noahgab1133
Accurate?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back