• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Trials of the God-Harem King [Highschool DxD/Exalted] (CLOSED)

Everyone who's voting for me, make a note that I've added some elaboration to my vote.

-- [X] Ask Eiko for a report on what sorts of crimes she saw the Snakes planning or committing. If they are too much trouble then we should probably just get rid of both of them.

This is for Ruby's peace of mind. The conduct of the Snakes will decide whether they are people we want to associate with or if it would be better to just give them all the boot.

[X] Talk things over with the girls. If Ragnarok poses a greater threat than Snake, it may be prudent to investigate Snake and see if they would make better allies than enemies. If so, we should work with them to keep Ragnarok out of the city. And if our massive Solar Charisma manages to net us a bunch of followers, so much the better.
-- [X] Ask Eiko for a report on what sorts of crimes she saw the Snakes planning or committing. If they are too much trouble then we should probably just get rid of both of them.

[X] Training Plan
-Raise Stamina to 4 -13xp (19xp left)
-Raise Strength to 3 -6xp (13xp left)
-Raise Dexterity to 4 -7xp (6xp left)
-Raise Martial Arts to 5 -4xp (2xp left)
-Deadly Dragoon Warrior
-Infinite Factory of Life

Last edited by a moderator:
[X] Talk things over with the girls. If Ragnarok poses a greater threat than Snake, it may be prudent to investigate Snake and see if they would make better allies than enemies. If so, we should work with them to keep Ragnarok out of the city. And if our massive Solar Charisma manages to net us a bunch of followers, so much the better.

[X] Training Plan
-Deadly Dragoon Warrior

Looks good to me.

[X] Training Plan
-Deadly Dragoon Warrior

[X] Training Plan
-Deadly Dragoon Warrior

Things are about to get even more interesting again.

[X] Training Plan
-Deadly Dragoon Warrior

[X] Talk things over with the girls. Admit you kind of want to show up and challenge both sides at the appointed time. Kind of standing in the middle and tell them both to bring it.
- [X] Ask Eiko for a report on what sorts of crimes she saw the Snakes planning or committing. If they are too much trouble then we should probably just get rid of both of them.
[X] Training Plan
-Deadly Dragoon Warrior

EternitynChaos said:
Honestly, Snake just wants to fight, I figure all things considered with him we can get Rias another good addition to her peerage, we can help train him up and he gets all the combat he could want against awesomely powerful enemy's in Rating Games and fighting Stray Devils, I figure that's just about spot on for Paradise for Ol'Berserker right there.

So, being a Devil is heaven for berserker? The irony!

[X] Talk things over with the girls. Admit you kind of want to show up and challenge both sides at the appointed time. Kind of standing in the middle and tell them both to bring it.

[X] Training Plan
-Deadly Dragoon Warrior

So, Ragnarok only has three fists, at the moment: Odin, Freya, and Loki. That makes sense, since without Berserker, Freya would be the second fist, and Loki the third.

Huh, 26 more experience and we will be able to buy up to the maximum level for all our Physical Attributes. Assuming of course that we manage to finish our stamina and strength hell training. I think we could get most of the way done before the fight with ragnorock and snake gets started. Not quite all the way there but close enough to buy all but one to 5.

I'm so looking forward to when we have our physical stats maxed. 7's across the board when we are fighting supernatural enemies would be ~fun~. We would finally be having the advantage in a lot of fights... barring of course those at the top we are going to eventually be meeting. We might even put up a nice fight against the white dragon guy at that point. So by teh end of this week we might be able to fight him. Especially with that healing synergy from those two newest knacks.

Though we would probably want to hold off until we had enough experience to increase athletics, awareness, and dodge up to a respectable number.

if we have all physical attributes maxed i think the battle will go like most dbz fights aka the area will be leveled XD

Seriously, why would we want to ally with a bunch of thugs? Beat both sides up, then Befriend any that show potential. That's the Nanoha way.

[X] Training Plan
-Deadly Dragoon Warrior

Selias said:
So, Ragnarok only has three fists, at the moment: Odin, Freya, and Loki. That makes sense, since without Berserker, Freya would be the second fist, and Loki the third.
Eiko only saw three people at that moment.

Okay, I had a couple of idea about possible Essence 4 Dragon Knacks:

1) "Blessing of Red": spending motes you can double the characteristics of a common object, like the size of an apple or the amount of sugar in a fruit's juice. It has restrictions.

2) A Knack that instantly becomes an Artifact Charm. It works similar to Soul-Enlightening Beneficence: it makes the target a Solar Half-Caste and allows him to learn how to channel Essence. Permanent Essence is raised to 2. It doesn't cost permanent points of Willpower, but both the caster and the target must have a positive Intimancy towards each other (the two Intimancies can be different, but they must still be both positive).

Alexander said:
Eiko only saw three people at that moment.

Okay, I had a couple of idea about possible Essence 4 Dragon Knacks:

1) "Blessing of Red": spending motes you can double the characteristics of a common object, like the size of an apple or the amount of sugar in a fruit's juice. It has restrictions.

http://questionablequesting.com/index.php?topic=423.msg52753#msg52753
I'm gonna cry you know? But my quests are dead so I have no right to do that.

touhou ranfuku said:
http://questionablequesting.com/index.php?topic=423.msg52753#msg52753
I'm gonna cry you know? But my quests are dead so I have no right to do that.
Ahah sorry, I confess I used that name because it was fitting :-[

They are dead? That's a pity.

Because conferring with his Harem and being grandstanding are perfectly in character with Solar!Issei.

[X] Training Plan
-Deadly Dragoon Warrior

Unelemental said:
Because conferring with his Harem and being grandstanding are perfectly in character with Solar!Issei.
Welcome to the quest and QQ :D !

EternitynChaos proposed to me a custom-made Charm for Issei. Since it appears a tad overpowered, I am posting it here to see what do you think:
Dragon Steals The Blossom Method
Cost: -/10m, 2w
Min: Martial Arts 5, Essence 4
Type: Permanent/Simple
Keywords: None/Obvious, Touch, Training
Duration: Permanent/One Week (5hours)
Prerequisites: One Mastered Celestial Martial Arts Style (To Capstone Charm, not Exalt specific charms), must have trained at least 3 students in the martial arts (at least one must have learned a form charm, the other two must have at least learned one charm)

Neither Solars nor Dragons take being told they can't do something well. Unlike mortal men however their response to this is invariably to prove the person spouting these lies wrong. This Charm is the culmination of that principle combined with Hyoudo Issei's desire to guard and empower those he cares about. On a Personal level this charm reduces the Xp cost for all martial arts charms, Terrestrial, Celestial and Sidereal by 4xp, it also shatters the blocks preventing the Solar from creating or learning Sidereal Martial Arts on their own and reduces the cost to improve one's Martial Arts ability to the same as if it was favoured, this is only for xp however, training times remain the same, though specializations are included. This comes at a price however: from now on, whenever he learns a Sidereal Martial Arts Charm it is treated as if he was learning a None-Solar Charm (up to ST how long it takes), and costs 12xp total (16xp-4xp=12xp). Learning this charm also excludes the Solar from learning the charm Swallowing the Lotus Root.

As a Secondary ability this Charm works much like Tiger Warrior Training Technique, except it requires both trainer and student to share a positive intimacy of some sort, and allows training in any of the following up to the Solar' level; Martial Arts, Melee, Dodge, Strength, Dexterity, Stamina, Martial Arts Charms and any Excellency's that can be learned by the student.

One modifier I may suggest if people don't like it as is, is tying in the ability to learn Siddy Styles to Essence 5, we probably won't be learning them before then anyway

Alexander said:
Welcome to the quest and QQ :D !

EternitynChaos proposed to me a custom-made Charm for Issei. Since it appears a tad overpowered, I am posting it here to see what do you think:
Thanks. :) This is a great story!
As for the Charm, it looks like a logical consequence of having our Boosted Gear. Telling a Dragon he can't do something? Ha!
There's already some synergy with the Transfer function.

Right, I guess I will explain some of my thought on the why of what I did, for the Essense and Abilitys req's well, TWTT has a rq of 4/3, while Swallowing the Lotus Root is 5/2, however, TWTT allows you to train yourself with it, unlike this charm, which I think makes things somewhat fair.

This charm also dosn't allow as many things to be learned, only 3 abilities, the 3 physical stats, and charms, where as other training charms tend to let you teach anywhere up to 10+ abilities + virtues and will power on top of it all.

I've also limited it to working on people who share a positive intimacy, because I figure it plays into the whole Social Link thing Issei seems to be running on in this quest /laugh.

I should note that like TWTT this only allows one dot or charm per use to be bought, even if it does allow xp debt for the buyer, so it would still take 5 weeks to get someone from 0 ability to 5 dots martial arts, and thats without specializations or any charms or stats, so its not as over powered as it seems.

as i know very little of exalted mechanics, I will leave it in the very capable hands of the rest of the players.

[X] Training Plan
-Deadly Dragoon Warrior

I would also like to issue a challenge. Exalted players know how Infernals can develop Heretical Charms (Charms not created by their patron Yozi). The idea is to do a similar thing with Issei. Technically:

-Dragon Wave
-Whirlwind Sprint
-Dragon Essence Domination

Those Charms, that you can find in the first page, are original Charms Issei acquired while trying to learn Dragon techniques native to DxD.

The challenge is three fold:

-One, is, if you feel creative, to reword the Charms' descriptions to give a better Exalted feel, like Eternity did with his custom Charm.
-Second, to create a Charm cascade like those in the original books. In short they are possible future Charms that you want Issei to learn.
-Third, to think of a possible version of Issei who reached a Devil-Tiger state. He is not a Primordial 2.0, but he embodies a part or reality thank to pushing his Exaltation and Dragon Power to their limits and surpassing them. Think of him as a Super-God, who can empower people like a Yozi. You just need to come up with his own version of the Yozi Excellencies. Just the First is fine.

(P.S.: Can anyone tell me what (Yozi) Inevitability Technique does? What "lower the enhanced action's target number to 6" means?)

I believe its something along the lines of some one using Malfaes Inevitability Technique for Overkill, or to Awesomeone *basicly things that fit his themes* they roll there dice like normal, and insteal of 7-9 being one success and 10 being 2 successes, it would be 6-9 is one success and 10 is 2 successes, if I'm remembering the charm correctly

EternitynChaos said:
I believe its something along the lines of some one using Malfaes Inevitability Technique for Overkill, or to Awesomeone *basicly things that fit his themes* they roll there dice like normal, and insteal of 7-9 being one success and 10 being 2 successes, it would be 6-9 is one success and 10 is 2 successes, if I'm remembering the charm correctly
Ooh, now I understand. Thanks Eternity.

I'm as fond of powerful main characters as the next guy, but you've essentially combined a War 4 Ess 3 charm (Tiger Warrior Training Technique*) for training military units with a better rewritten form of a Martial Arts 5 Ess 2 charm (Swallowing the Lotus Root**) to be a clearly superior Martial Arts 5 Ess 4 charm (adding the CMA/SMA discounts and availability, raised attribute/ability dot limits for training, and ability to train non-Exalted to use CMA and excellency charms) for training individuals (and thus made the intimacy requirement rather redundant from a narrative perspective - why would you train someone you didn't trust/like?), keeping almost all the elements of the original charms with the only losses being no halved training times for Martial Arts and no self-training, all for the same mote and willpower expenditure. I understand your reasoning, but this is still excessive.

I'd explicitly limit the charm to a one student at a time (it's more implied at the moment and training even a TMA should be time consuming), remove the ability to train others in Melee (this is a Martial Arts charm and style weapons are still distinct from Melee) and Excellencies (enlightened mortals are restricted from any non TMA or sorcery charms), and definitely restrict it to tutelage of Terrestrial Martial Arts (only for enlightened 'mortals' and change the charm purchase requirements accordingly), which is already sufficient trade off for a single student at at a time. Rather contradicts the Solar domain of perfection and super-human excellence if anyone can be trained to be their essential equal including charms until Sidereal Martial Arts unlock. No non-Exalted should have access to Celestial or better Martial Art styles without a lot more effort and research than a single charm, and even then I'd consider it questionable given the Exalted themes and the existing power levels of DxD.

It was a good idea to retain the one dot in a single trait per charm use (with the recipient paying the XP cost in accordance with Training charm XP debt rules), but I'd keep the training limit to a maximum of the Solar's rank or four dots, whichever is lower, as well. I'd also agree that SMA becoming available at Ess 5 is probably a better idea.

*Tiger Warrior Training Technique
Cost: 10m, 2wp; Mins: War 4, Essence 3; Type: Simple (Dramatic Action)
Keywords: Obvious, Touch, Training
Duration: One week
Prerequisite Charms: Heroism-Encouraging Presence

Under the banner of the Solar Exalted, even bandits and peasants become deadly warriors. This Charm involves training a military unit. This Charm requires five or more hours of effort in any given week to bear fruit. This Charm increases the Drill of a unit by one for each week of training, to a maximum of Drill 5. In each week of training, the trainer picks one trait to train: Valor, Strength, Dexterity, Stamina, Archery, Dodge, Martial Arts or Melee. This Charm increases that trait for each member of the unit by one dot, to a maximum of 4. The Solar can train with the unit or as a solo unit, increasing her own traits. She cannot increase others' traits past her own.

**Swallowing the Lotus Root
Cost: —; Mins: Martial Arts 5, Essence 2; Type: Permanent
Keywords: None
Duration: Permanent
Prerequisite Charms: None

The greatest among the Exalted find it no great feat to master the arts of their subordinates. The experience cost of Terrestrial Martial Arts Charms is reduced to 4xp, or 5xp if Martial Arts is not a Caste or Favored Ability (or if the character has no Favored Abilities, as in the case of Alchemicals), and their training time is halved. During character creation, Terrestrial Martial Arts Charms cost half as much as native Charms, meaning that each starting Charm (or Charm purchased with bonus points) allocated to such a style provides two Charms instead. As a final benefit, the character no longer needs to pay a surcharge when using elementally aspected Terrestrial Martial Arts styles. Should a character who already knows Terrestrial Martial Arts learn this Charm, the experience cost of those Charms is retroactively lowered and the character is refunded the difference.

as for the training no Exalts in CMA, I didn't actually, I had assumed that the rules for those would be maintained, and Alexander had mentioned previously that we would be able to train Devils/Fallen/Angels in CMA without needing to teach them anything else, and we already intended to teach the girls a TMA, then teach them the charms that let them hit CMA when we make then Half-Castes/Members of our Peerage/Whatever we intend to do.

I can agree with droping Melee, was mainly keeping it in because we are training Ruby in Scythe and as for the Excellencies, well Half-Castes and all that, but yah I can see droping that as well. as for the cost, The Crane Style Charm that does similar is free, while the Throne Style only costs 2 wp, I figure the trade off of not being able to use it on the whole class *IE 10m 2wp per student* would make up for alot

EternitynChaos said:
as for the training no Exalts in CMA, I didn't actually, I had assumed that the rules for those would be maintained, and Alexander had mentioned previously that we would be able to train Devils/Fallen/Angels in CMA without needing to teach them anything else, and we already intended to teach the girls a TMA, then teach them the charms that let them hit CMA when we make then Half-Castes/Members of our Peerage/Whatever we intend to do.
If Alexander mentioned it earlier, my bad. But do you have a quote for this? I don't remember it and I'm still iffy on allowing CMA to non-Exalts.

I can agree with droping Melee, was mainly keeping it in because we are training Ruby in Scythe and as for the Excellencies, well Half-Castes and all that, but yah I can see droping that as well. as for the cost, The Crane Style Charm that does similar is free, while the Throne Style only costs 2 wp, I figure the trade off of not being able to use it on the whole class *IE 10m 2wp per student* would make up for alot
I made a few edits (I am a habitual editor of my posts for a few minutes after posting) and removed the altered cost as that was a typo/holdover from an earlier version of the post that slipped through. The cost is fine for a single student.

Indrik said:
If Alexander mentioned it earlier, my bad. But do you have a quote for this? I don't remember it and I'm still iffy on allowing CMA to non-Exalts.
I have hinted the possibility of non-Exalt learning CMA. However this is a big and serious limit, not something that can be hand-waved away with a cheap Charm. The method used must requires efforts equivalent to the task ahead.

When we were working out what to teach who it was mentioned that Ruby would be perfect for White Reaper, which Alexander oked, just not while she was still a normal mortal *I'm one of those who consider Half-Castes close enough*

And Devil etc and all Basicly Gods/Spirit by another name so them not being able to learn CMA would be rather silly I think, particularly the 4 Virtues Styles, which would be the primary ones I'd be thinking of training most of them in.

ymmv of course, and if this was a pnp game I'd probably do things differently, but this isn't, there's no need to focus so much on keeping the Exalts at the top, theres only Issei after all, and he's not at the top, and won't be for a while /laugh

Please remember, we are working on unlocking and reverse engineering the Evil Piece system, which is a pretty Epic Undertaking all things considered ^^;

but anyway, that's my view ^^;

Users who are viewing this thread

Back