• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Trials of the God-Harem King [Highschool DxD/Exalted] (CLOSED)

[X] Start teaching your comrades REAL Terrestrial Martial Arts
megrisvernin said:
Question. So does Issei know that he has to have a bond with someone to grant then half-caste status? Does he have IC of the necessary "intimacy" to grant them this?
That's were the trust bit comes from when he's describing the process to Mittelt.

Smuthunter said:
Over on the official forum, one of the devs posted in a thread about what charms look like in action, using other media as inspiration. He posted this for Solar Brawl, which is just Fist of the Daystar by another name.
Mind, Solars aren't restricted in acting like that in a fight. One of the benefits of being a Solar and the style: you do what suits you best, instead of having set stances or patterns.

Last edited by a moderator:
BFldyq said:
Mind, Solars aren't restricted in acting like that in a fight. One of the benefits of being a Solar and the style: you do what suits you best, instead of having set stances or patterns.
They aren't restricted to it, but it's a pretty good description of what their charms do, mechanically. "Punch a guy so hard that he goes flipping through the air and all his clothes fly off" is totally something you could do with a combo of Heaven Thunder Hammer and Armor-Shattering Strike, both of which are SHS charms, and Shizuo beats up the other guys with a lot of standard punches and also picking up a vending machine and throwing it around -- that's an improvised weapon, which is a form weapon for SHS.

On the other hand if you want to stunt it as boxing or something then nothing's stopping you.

Smuthunter said:
They aren't restricted to it, but it's a pretty good description of what their charms do, mechanically. "Punch a guy so hard that he goes flipping through the air and all his clothes fly off" is totally something you could do with a combo of Heaven Thunder Hammer and Armor-Shattering Strike, both of which are SHS charms, and Shizuo beats up the other guys with a lot of standard punches and also picking up a vending machine and throwing it around -- that's an improvised weapon, which is a form charm for SHS.
Oh, I know. I was just commenting that the "style" is rather customizable, as long of the underlying principles of it(unyielding might and absolute skill) are retained.

I actually once played a character who, instead of using Dreaming Pearl Courtesan Style or stuff like that, used Solar Hero style.

[X] Tell Rias about this! (But wait until she's sitting down and has a cup of tea ready!)

That could be it. Though thinking on the TV Tropes page, it hasn't been updated in a while. Anyone want to take a stab at updating it?

oh god i just got the image of issei in pimp clothes and cant stop laughing alexander wrrrryyyyyyyyyyyy XD

Smuthunter said:
That could be it. Though thinking on the TV Tropes page, it hasn't been updated in a while. Anyone want to take a stab at updating it?
Just updated it a bit.

[X] Start teaching your comrades REAL Terrestrial Martial Arts

We promised that Berserker guy intense fights, let's start making sure he survives them.

BFldyq said:
As for most of the Devil families, they'll be throwing any female they can spare at him. Just because it's a powerful advantage, doesn't mean they want that filthy human blood contaminating the main part of the clan, or in the case of the more open-minded ones, lose their status.

Mu-Sensei said:
How big a boost will this and being able to boost devil's fertility cause Rias's status to rise?
Fixed for you.

Actually this got me thinking. The Gremory have an extra pureblood heir Meaning even if Rias fell in love with us then could still keep their status thanks to Millicas.

So if we use enough social charms and remind the Gremory's that not only have we helped boost devil fertility and have the ability to get rid of devils' weakness to holy weapons but we also have dragon genes specifically heavenly dragon genes.

Remember the whole reason Kuroka and Xenovia want Ise's babies is his especially strong dragon traits from boosted gear means the kids will be powerful.

Also half humans can be born with sacred gears as Vali proves.

So in a simple equation

Likelihood of more grandchildren thanks to fertility charms + said grandchildren having dragon traits, immunity to holy weapons and possibility of being born with a sacred gear + well timed use of social charms + extra pureblood heir in Millicas + getting Raiser to back off + our help in boosting Rias status + our own growing status as a Longuis user and Solar exalt = the Gremory approving of us being with Rias.

Also once Heaven and the church learn we can get purify devils and Fallen angel, you know they're going to send someone to check us out.

I want to post my vote but I have a question

Is the character sheet updated back in the first thread or is their a new one that I haven't seen yet?

Well on the first page of this thread we have one, has yet to be updated with the stuff we just got though.

Diller said:
Also once Heaven and the church learn we can get purify devils and Fallen angel, you know they're going to send someone to check us out.

This actually has me nervous now....I mean we have the potential to take away Heaven's greatest asset/threat to devils and Fallen angels

and that's their holy powers

Without those....Heaven is really weak and quite easy to crush actually

and remember we hang out with the governor of the fallen angel (and least trusted leader by the other 2) and allied with the Gremory clan....again this would make Heaven very nervous

Least Devotee said:
Well on the first page of this thread we have one, has yet to be updated with the stuff we just got though.

Oh....darn, I wanted to suggest a charm to buy but I don't know if we can get it yet then

codeRR said:
This actually has me nervous now....I mean we have the potential to take away Heaven's greatest asset/threat to devils and Fallen angels

and that's their holy powers

Without those....Heaven is really weak and quite easy to crush actually

and remember we hang out with the governor of the fallen angel (and least trusted leader by the other 2) and allied with the Gremory clan....again this would make Heaven very nervous

Hence why Heaven and the church will be sending someone to us soon to try and get on our good side. If they're smart and do enough background checking they should find out Irina is our childhood friend and use her as a proxy.

Also is there any way to roll relax and telling Rias about this together?

I really want to tell Rias but we should take this chance to relax. We haven't taken a break since at least before we met Eiko. We've gone through alot since then and you never know when another chance like this will come. It would really suck and be embarrassing if we overextended ourselves at the wrong moment and crashed thanks to the fact we haven't let ourselves relax.

may be a better idea to save to E4 which casts 24xp and about 1 hour of meditation with Brights help (Mentor ftw), but /shrug who knows we get 1xp every two hours of hell training as well I believe from memory

Ok now I saw what we have and I initially thought that maybe getting Martial Arts essence flow would be a good idea

But now I'm considering Infinite martial Arts Mastery

Thoughts anyone?

Diller said:
Also is there any way to roll rexal and telling Rias about this together?

I really want to tell Rias but we should take this chance to relax. We haven't taken a break since at least before we met Eiko. We've gone through alot since then and you never know when another chance like this will come. It would really suck and be embarrassing if we overextended ourselves at the wrong moment and crashed thanks to the fact we haven't let ourselves relax.

Yeah, I second this.

EternitynChaos said:
may be a better idea to save to E4 which casts 24xp and about 1 hour of meditation with Brights help (Mentor ftw), but /shrug who knows we get 1xp every two hours of hell training as well I believe from memory

You might be right, I just thought that ether one of those 2 would be a good investment so we could, theoretically, save our motes in a battle and use our excellency's longer

Diller said:
Hence why Heaven and the church will be sending someone to us soon to try and get on our good side. If they're smart and do enough background checking they should find out Irina is our childhood friend and use her as a proxy.

Also is there any way to roll relax and telling Rias about this together?

Hm....I think resting would be a good idea actually

[X] Tell Rias about this! (But wait until she's sitting down and has a cup of tea ready!)
-[X]Then relax

CodeRR your're write-in doesn't mesh them well. I'll make my own attempt to improve them in a few minutes.

[X] Relax and enjoy tranquility(EternitynChaos, Diller, Eler0, Vanguard_D
# of Votes-4

[X] Start teaching your comrades REAL Terrestrial Martial Arts (dreadis, Least Devotee, Odysseus2099
# of Votes-3

[X] Tell Rias about this! (But wait until she's sitting down and has a cup of tea ready! (Smuthunter, megrisvernin, noahgab1133, Bfldyq, Walkir, nightblade, Silversun17, the greatlord)
# of Votes-8

[X] Spend Xp with something that requires time?
-[X] (Sledgehammer Fist Punch) (darklord)
# of Votes-1

-[X]Then relax (codeRR)
# of votes

Infinite Martial Arts Mastery would not be in my top ten charms right now, particularly as we have bigass overdrive pools to draw on atm, though if we didn't have them I could see your point Martial Arts Essence flow on the other hand would probably not be something I'd consider, even with the errata on them both, ymmv of course but at present I don't think they would be that useful as more FoTDS charms or hacking charm or any number of other things /shrug

Heh, if we didn't have Boosted Gear I would agree with you, but with it we are fairly well set for motes as things are

EternitynChaos said:
Infinite Martial Arts Mastery would not be in my top ten charms right now, particularly as we have bigass overdrive pools to draw on atm, though if we didn't have them I could see your point Martial Arts Essence flow on the other hand would probably not be something I'd consider, even with the errata on them both, ymmv of course but at present I don't think they would be that useful as more FoTDS charms or hacking charm or any number of other things /shrug

Heh, if we didn't have Boosted Gear I would agree with you, but with it we are fairly well set for motes as things are

Uh ok, I did forget we have like double our normal pool with that thing....didn't realize how big of a boom having those pools are. We can fool around with motes a lot more.....

and we have another pool for offense and defense.....my fellow exalted players would love to have those pools

Eternity, what are the top 10 charms you want right now?

codeRR said:
Huh? My write in didn't mesh well?

We're talking shop with Rias. That's not relaxing unless you include a few more details.

Something more like.

[] Spend some time talking with Rias. While you've faced combat together before & you've even carried out favors for her brother on her behalf you don't actually know that about her personally. Remedy that. Drop the bombshell about the new ability your Boosted Gear developed & its implications when she seems a bit relaxed, preferably when she's had some tea.

More or less I'd like it if we did finally developed an intimacy with Rias....and we dropped the bombshell of our ability to grant Half-Caste status by performing it on her if she requests...

megrisvernin said:
We're talking shop with Rias. That's not relaxing unless you include a few more details.

Something more like.

[] Spend an afternoon talking with Rias. While you've faced combat together before & you've even carried out favors for her brother on her behalf you don't actually know that about her personally. Drop the bombshell about the new ability your Boosted Gear developed when she seems a bit relaxed, preferably when she's had some tea.

Oh that's what you meant ok I understand now what you mean, my bad

Users who are viewing this thread

Back