• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Trials of the God-Harem King [Highschool DxD/Exalted] (CLOSED)

[X] Start teaching your comrades REAL Terrestrial Martial Arts

[X] Relax and enjoy tranquility

It's fun to realize we've added another blonde to our horde. Glad to see we're continuing our theme.

So question. Now that we have a way of empowering our allies...do we want to add Aika to our ranks?

She's at least a little at risk given her association with us and we know of at least one organization investigating us now.

Oh Mittelt. Get your wings back and immediately see if you can lose them again? I'm not sure whether to laugh or shake my head.

megrisvernin said:

It's fun to realize we've added another blonde to our horde. Glad to see we're continuing our theme.

So question. Now that we have a way of empowering our allies...do we want to add Aika to our ranks?

She's at least a little at risk given her association with us and we know of at least one organization investigating us now.
If we let Aika into the group she can learn Lore charms while we're busy with other things and cover our hacking needs for us. Just sayin'.

Mittelt lost the "Creature of Darkness" status!
...so. We just became capable of ridding devils and fallen angels of their weakness to holy weapons.

We are now officially the most eligible bachelor in the Underworld. Azazel is probably going to ask if he can have our babies. Rias probably won't wait long enough to ask. There is nothing that Raiser can possibly offer the Gremory family that would be more valuable and more earthshakingly game-changing than this.

[X] Tell Rias about this! (But wait until she's sitting down and has a cup of tea ready!)

Holy shit, guys wait a second. We don't need to bother with teaching Ruby and Yang Terrestrial Martial Arts anymore.

Half-Castes can learn Solar charms. That means Yang can now learn Solar Hero Style and Ruby can learn Solar Melee charms, AKA the most powerful combat charms in all of Second Edition.

139809131048.jpg

Smuthunter said:
Oh Mittelt. Get your wings back and immediately see if you can lose them again? I'm not sure whether to laugh or shake my head.
If we let Aika into the group she can learn Lore charms while we're busy with other things and cover our hacking needs for us. Just sayin'.
...so. We just became capable of ridding devils and fallen angels of their weakness to holy weapons.

We are now officially the most eligible bachelor in the Underworld. Azazel is probably going to ask if he can have our babies. Rias probably won't wait long enough to ask. There is nothing that Raiser can possibly offer the Gremory family that would be more valuable and more earthshakingly game-changing than this.

[X] Tell Rias about this! (But wait until she's sitting down and has a cup of tea ready!)

Recruiting Aika is next on my list...

i am quite honestly torn between spells with akeno which might net us riaser confrontation or gaining fire resistance. ah to hell with it

[X] Learn more Devil spells with Akeno

you seriously can't resist such sultriness.

edit smuthunter makes a great point

and lol yang and ruby are gonna kick so much ass XD

edit: new kickass write in!

Last edited by a moderator:
Smut... Alexander has flat out said we need to teach then TMA, then use the charms used to let Dragon Blooded learn CMA before they can learn CMA, as for Ruby learning melee charms, I figure anything like that she will learn on her own, like we would, because we teach her martial arts, not melee, which we suck horribly at currenly

EternitynChaos said:
Smut... Alexander has flat out said we need to teach then TMA, then use the charms used to let Dragon Blooded learn CMA before they can learn CMA, as for Ruby learning melee charms, I figure anything like that she will learn on her own, like we would, because we teach her martial arts, not melee, which we suck horribly at currenly

:O. Did he say this after it was clear we could make them half-caste? I would think them being that would make things a bit different.

Smuthunter said:

Nah, Azazel won't ask that. He'll just throw every single attractive female Fallen Angel at Issei.

As for most of the Devil families, they'll be throwing any female they can spare at him. Just because it's a powerful advantage, doesn't mean they want that filthy human blood contaminating the main part of the clan, or in the case of the more open-minded ones, lose their status.

EternitynChaos said:
Solar Hero Style isn't just a CMA, it also counts as the native Solar martial arts charms. Like, for everyone who isn't a Solar, learning SHS is learning "how to punch people like a Solar" but for Solars it's just "how to punch people." They can't learn other CMAs perhaps but the rules as written permit Yang to learn Solar kung-fu.

As for Ruby, we now have Beowulf hanging around who is almost certainly Melee 5 if not higher, so we could bring him in to help train her up if we really needed to. We do still want her to get White Reaper at some point but this is still a huge step forward for her.

...if the Dragon Blooded exalts need charms to make them able to use CMA what makes you think Half-Castes don't? likely the only ones who won't need something like that are the supernaturals who already have a robust system able to take the strain, and yes I'm fairly sure it was said well and truely after it was said we would be turning them into half-castes not just normal Enlightened Mortals, if they were normal EM's we wouldn't be having this conversations, EM's have as much chance of learning CMA's as the Dragon Blood's have of learning SMA *which doesn't stop the Siddy's from popping students every now and then convinced that This time will be Different* less even, but if you don't believe me, we can wait until Alexander shows up with word of god for you as it where /shrug

a quote from the book, page 242 to be exact Smut

For the other Exalted, this Charm tree is a Celestial Martial
Arts style that emulates and imitates the power of the heroes of
the dawn. Celestial Exalted and Immaculate-trained Dragon-
Blooded can learn these Charms, but they cannot develop or
learn additional Charms for this tree.

Alexander has said a couple of times that Half-Castes are not Exalts, and even the Scroll of Heroes says its up to the ST what charms they can and can't learn, there's probably a reason why he had the options up that he did, but like I said , lets wait until he turns up, I'm still less then 100% so I should probably not be getting into arguments /laugh

...Just thought of something. How big a boost will this cause Rias's status to rise?

EternitynChaos said:
...if the Dragon Blooded exalts need charms to make them able to use CMA what makes you think Half-Castes don't?
Because they're half-castes, not dragon-bloods. The rules they work with are different. In fact I'm looking at them right now, and the only restrictions on Solar half-castes are that they have to meet the ability and essence prerequisites (just like everyone else) and they can't learn perfect defenses or scene-long defense-boosters.

Half-Caste: The children of the Chosen can learn nearly any of the Charms of their parents as long as they meet the minimums for each Charm. There are a few exceptions. Half-Castes cannot learn perfect defenses or Charms that grant a persistent scene-long defense. Sidereal Half-Castes can learn any Sidereal Charms other than Sidereal martial arts, but many Charms with the Maiden keyword are academic exercises and cannot be used except in the rarest of circumstances. Lunars Half-Castes do not possess their Exalted sire's ability to shapechange naturally, but they can learn the Deadly Beastman Transformation and Finding the Spirit's Shape. They are limited to no more than two alternative forms when selecting these Charms. No Half-Caste can learn Solar Circle Sorcery or Void Circle Necromancy. As with all God-Blooded, Storytellers should feel free to limit any Charms they feel are inappropriate for their games.
Scroll of Heroes, page 113. Solar Hero Style (or Fist of the Daystar, whatever) are natural Solar charms, therefore half-castes can learn them like any other Solar charm.

and up the page in the part for All types of God-blood, which half-castes still count as is this

God-Blooded can learn supernatural martial
arts of various styles, but they can only learn Terrestrial
styles as skilled mortals can.

we are lucky that Alexander is ruling that we can using the same charms the Dragon Blooded use to let them learn CMA to teach our followers, but I don't think we are going to convince each other, so lets stop arguing and wait until Alexander gets back on rather then filling the thread with needless bickering ya?

No, Half-Castes can't learn Solar Charms, other than Excellencies:

Alexander said:
For that I made up some rules:

-In this quest Half-Caste can reach up only to Essence 3. Becoming Gods is the only way to surpass the limit.
-They don't learn native Charms, but thematic Spirit Charms, which you players can created: but they must be weaker than proper Solar Charms.
-Excellencies are the only exception to the above rule: they can have the same effects as their Solar parent Charms.
-All Charms are Unfavored and costs 10 Xp.

Eiko is a good example: after you finish the Familiar Contract (tomorrow In-Story) she will gain the Half-Caste status (together with Familiar benefits). In her case, raising Essence above 3 happens after living for a certain number of years.

The Slumbering Crocodile said:
No, Half-Castes can't learn Solar Charms, other than Excellencies:
Alright, I suppose that's a better source than what Eternity was trying to shove at me. That rules out Aika being the hacker guru for us. Or rather, she could but she probably can't learn a perfect stealth charm that would prevent any possible reprisals on us. :'(

[X] Spend Xp with something that requires time?
-[X] (Sledgehammer Fist Punch)

question, what exactly is fist of the daystar, thematically.

As I understand it, it's a martial art made for super-humans to fight large groups of weaker opponents, as much as it is for them to face their equals.

I'm picturing across between Hercules from his live-action tv show (picking up dudes in one hand and throwing them at other dudes) and Neo in the burly brawl.

A bunch of dudes all Wire-fu-ing at one guy, who's launching them flying with each punch and kick.

it's like "superman VS a bunch of normal dudes" except the normal dudes are also superhuman (just less so than the Solar)

Is this it, or am I completely off base?

PFFTHAHAHAHAHA! Oh god. Imagine the next time Mittelt meets any Fallen Angel.

"Issei-sama fucked the Darkness out of me."

"...What?"

iamnuff said:
question, what exactly is fist of the daystar, thematically.

As I understand it, it's a martial art made for super-humans to fight large groups of weaker opponents, as much as it is for them to face their equals.

I'm picturing across between Hercules from his live-action tv show (picking up dudes in one hand and throwing them at other dudes) and Neo in the burly brawl.

A bunch of dudes all Wire-fu-ing at one guy, who's launching them flying with each punch and kick.

it's like "superman VS a bunch of normal dudes" except the normal dudes are also superhuman (just less so than the Solar)

Is this it, or am I completely off base?
Over on the official forum, one of the devs posted in a thread about what charms look like in action, using other media as inspiration. He posted this for Solar Brawl, which is just Fist of the Daystar by another name.

It's not really a style like wing-chung or karate or something. It's just the martial excellence of the Solars applied to fist-fighting, so in practice a user looks more like a brawler than a martial artist. Yang's performance in the Yellow Trailer is a little more skilled and has some boxing moves thrown in but the idea is essentially the same, save that she's using something like Blazing Solar Bolt to throw ranged attacks too.

Silver W. King said:

PFFTHAHAHAHAHA! Oh god. Imagine the next time Mittelt meets any Fallen Angel.

"Issei-sama fucked the Darkness out of me."

"...What?"

"...more like the brain..."

Walkir said:
"...more like the brain..."

The tea explodes out of her hand, and she falls backwards with the chair. :))

Question. So does Issei know that he has to have a bond with someoneto grant then half-caste status? Does he have IC of the necessary "intimacy" to grant them this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back