• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Trials of the God-Harem King [Highschool DxD/Exalted] (CLOSED)

megrisvernin said:
We're talking shop with Rias. That's not relaxing unless you include a few more details.

Something more like.

[] Spend some time talking with Rias. While you've faced combat together before & you've even carried out favors for her brother on her behalf you don't actually know that about her personally. Remedy that. Drop the bombshell about the new ability your Boosted Gear developed & its implications when she seems a bit relaxed, preferably when she's had some tea.

More or less I'd like it if we did finally developed an intimacy with Rias....and we dropped the bombshell of our ability to grant Half-Caste status by performing it on her if she requests...

Basically when we're on our day off spend some time getting to know her better and then drop the half-caste bomb.

Hmmmm, going by what we can get now, without getting an essence buff, there are a long of other charms that we don't have the stats for sadly but these are the ones we do have

1) Iron Kettle Body - Scene long Oak Body Meditation, yes please
2) Invincible Essence Reinforcement (soak bash and lethal at Stamina+3) for no cost, and it stakes
3) Sledgehammer Fist Punch
4) Dragon Coil Technique
5) Fist of the Daystar Form
6) 2nd Lore Excellency - Hacking charms, and for that sort of thing auto-successes are better then a massive dicepool
7) God-Mind Algorythms (Solar hack better with anything charm)
8) Data Fortress Technology (Solar unhackable computer charm, needs the previous)
9) Firewall Defying Method (Solar Awesome hacking charm)
10) Orichalcum Fists of Battle (add highest virtue to Acc and Damage of all unarmed attacks also treat as holy, for free as a quick sum up of it)

that would be my top ten, if I was given then xp for it now, and told, only charms, nothing else, no training time, go to IER is in the Ink Monkey charms btw

Ah I see

I was also looking at Iron Kettle Body but then remembered about our BB being armor so we would also need Armored in Righteousness stance to make it useful in our BB so I'm a bit worried about what we would do with it if we get BB and not have the AIRS charm

Last edited by a moderator:
I think CodeRR's vote had the right idea. Here's my version with a stunt.

[X] Spend some time talking with Rias. While you've faced combat together before & you've even carried out favors for her brother on her behalf you don't actually know that about her personally. Remedy that. Drop the bombshell about the new ability your Boosted Gear developed & its implications when she seems a bit relaxed, preferably when she's had some tea.

Stunt-You place your cup of steaming tea down on the mahagony table, judging from Rias's serene expression sitting across from you she was as prepared as she could be be to hear this. You steeple your hands together, drawing on all your poise & charm, your voice as smooth as velvet as you reveal your newest bombshell.

there is a charm that lets you stack IKB with armour, and we are not always going to be able to pull out our full body Boosted Gear armour, we did get stealth mode for a reason /laugh

Change vote to

[X] Spend some time talking with Rias. While you've faced combat together before & you've even carried out favors for her brother on her behalf you don't actually know that about her personally. Remedy that. Drop the bombshell about the new ability your Boosted Gear developed & its implications when she seems a bit relaxed, preferably when she's had some tea.
-[X] Give Rias some time to process the possible ramifications of your revelation, although if she should want a personal demonstration you'd be happy to oblige her. Do the same & try to relax, forgetting the events of the past few weeks & decide yourself who you want to be moving forward, not letting other factions define it for you.

Stunt-You place your cup of steaming tea down on the mahagony table, judging from Rias's serene expression sitting across from you she was as prepared as she could be be to hear this. You steeple your hands together, drawing on all your poise & charm, your voice as smooth as velvet as you reveal your newest bombshell.

megrisvernin said:

Yes that works wonderfully, thank you megrisvernin

megrisvernin said:

So tell her then relax? I am A-ok with that. Make it more apparent we're taking the day off after talkingmto Rias and I will vote for it,

hmmmm, yep let she, here it is

ARMORED IN RIGHTEOUSNESS STANCE Cost: — (+1m);
Mins: Resistance 4, Essence 3; Type: Permanent
Keywords: Mirror (Flesh as Marble Stance) Duration: Permanent
Prerequisite Charms: Iron Kettle Body
This Charm upgrades its prerequisite, adding
(Essence) to the amount of soak provided. For an
additional activation cost of one extra mote, Iron
Kettle Body becomes compatible with armor as
well. As a point of clarification, Iron Kettle Body's
Keywords are Combo-OK and Obvious.

We could get it right now, E3 as well, which means if we did hit BB now it wouldn't be that hard to get

I have to say, an essence upgrade after ascending Mittelt seems fitting.

Diller said:
So tell her then relax? I am A-ok with that. Make it more apparent we're taking the day off after talkingmto Rias and I will vote for it,

Walkir said:

I think we can combine these two. How's this?

-[X] Give Rias some time to process the possible ramifications of your revelation, although if she should want a personal demonstration you'd be happy to oblige her. Do the same & try to relax, forgetting the events of the past few weeks & decide yourself who you want to be moving forward, not letting other factions define it for you.

Meg you have delivered once again my friend. If your voting Meg's suggestion please add the addition he just made to it. As I have said before relaxing is a good idea and we should do it while we have the chance.

How many organizations have shown an interest in us?

Rias's faction...
Azazel's...
The History Compilation Committee
This latest Gang of Martial Arts Users...

Walkir said:
Consider for a moment the training time and xp cost for raising essence:
Essence: (current rating) x8; (current rating) months (30 days, 3+ hours for day)
That's 24xp and 3 months of uninterrupted training to raise our essence by one. Assuming we could do multiple days worth of training by condensing them down that's still a minimum of 11.25 days doing nothing but meditating, no sleep, no food, nothing save striving for enlightenment. This is still better than Exalted RAW were training maxes at 8 hours a day, you can only train six days out of the week and all training times assume that's what you're doing.

There's a reason why we're trying to complete our Motivation asap, doing so allows us to skip the training time.

Least Devotee said:
Consider for a moment the training time and xp cost for raising essence:That's 24xp and 3 months of uninterrupted training to raise our essence by one. Assuming we could do multiple days worth of training by condensing them down that's still a minimum of 11.25 days doing nothing but meditating, no sleep, no food, nothing save striving for enlightenment. This is still better than Exalted RAW were training maxes at 8 hours a day, you can only train six days out of the week and all training times assume that's what you're doing.

There's a reason why we're trying to complete our Motivation asap, doing so allows us to skip the training time.

Incorrect, on the front page just bellow that there is this

Spells and Abilities from DxD don't follow this scheme and don't require Xp. They require a teacher and training time, that can be shortened with enough dots in an ability/abilities that resonate with them.

Bright and Ddraig are very good tutors, so they can reduce the time to train the stuff they knew best in life.
Bright can use a spell to transfer knowledge directly from mind to mind, so the training time for (Attributes, Abilities, Specialties, Spells, Charms, Essence) is shortened to 1 hour per dot. Bright's rating in that trait must be greater than Issei.

and as Bright Shattered Ice is an E10 Solar I don't think we are going to have a problem there

As far as charms, I've been strongly considering the Hardship-Enduring Mendicant Spirit line of charms for immunity to environmental damage (once we've trained survival of course). It means being able to fight equally well underground, underwater, in lava, in acid, in the Dimensional Gap, etc. After a few charms, it even makes you immune to any environment caused by spells or charms, which means immunity to elemental attacks (including Phenex fire and Serafall's ice, in addition to the possibility of total immunity to light element attacks).

EternitynChaos said:
Incorrect, on the front page just bellow that there is this

and as Bright Shattered Ice is an E10 Solar I don't think we are going to have a problem there
Huh, missed that. :eek:

Vote change:

Least Devotee said:

I'll Vote Count in a few minutes

-[] Give Rias some time to process the possible ramifications of your revelation, although if she should want a personal demonstration you'd be happy to oblige her. Do the same & try to relax, forgetting the events of the past few weeks & decide yourself who you want to be moving forward, not letting other factions define it for you.

I think it's an excellent opportunity to formally altering the direction Issei wants to go. Dunno if those Trials of Sorcery mentioned before would apply here...

megrisvernin said:
I think it's an excellent opportunity to formally altering the direction Issei wants to go. Dunno if those Trials of Sorcery mentioned before would apply here...
Off the top of my head, I doubt it. Only one I can actually see use gaining anytime soon is the Trail of Journey if we take up the Committee's request. Course I could be missing something.

Rias is never going to let us go out alone again is she, lets see, Yang and Ruby, Sacred Gears users, not just that, but Magnus. Then theirs the thing with the shrine, then Mittelt and Asia both count as well, and meeting the leader of the Fallen while going for a Coffee, at a shop, that knowing our luck is run by one of the Seraphim, oh can't forget that when taking us along with her we somehow stumbled across a Sun Raven and managed to get her as out familiar, then we go gang busting and find what would basicly be a Hero in any other age, next we evolved our Boosted Gear giving us the power to share our magic sun juice with people we like, no not that sun juice, we could already do that as a boy, the golden stuff not the white stuff, and thanks to that we have managed to turn Mittelt from a Oni/Fallen Angel into some sort of Oni/Angel except she dosn't loose her purity when she has sex... never letting us go outside alone again, in fact, she may just handcuff herself to us /laugh

Smuthunter said:
Over on the official forum, one of the devs posted in a thread about what charms look like in action, using other media as inspiration. He posted this for Solar Brawl, which is just Fist of the Daystar by another name.

It's not really a style like wing-chung or karate or something. It's just the martial excellence of the Solars applied to fist-fighting, so in practice a user looks more like a brawler than a martial artist. Yang's performance in the Yellow Trailer is a little more skilled and has some boxing moves thrown in but the idea is essentially the same, save that she's using something like Blazing Solar Bolt to throw ranged attacks too.

So... "Superhuman tossing normal guys around like so much chaff"

I was pretty much on the money then?

iamnuff said:
So... "Superhuman tossing normal guys around like so much chaff"

I was pretty much on the money then?
In a very broad sense. Pretty much every CMA is going to let you knock down extras like bowling pins in one fashion or another, the only question is by what method. For Solar Hero that method is punching people through walls.

Updated Vote Counting

[X] Relax and enjoy tranquility(Vanguard_D
# of Votes-2

[X] Start teaching your comrades REAL Terrestrial Martial Arts (Least Devotee, Odysseus2099
# of Votes-2

[X] Tell Rias about this! (But wait until she's sitting down and has a cup of tea ready! ( noahgab1133, Walkir, Silversun17, the greatlord)
# of Votes-4

[X] Spend Xp with something that requires time?
-[X] (Sledgehammer Fist Punch) (darklord)
# of Votes-1

Relaxing Tea with Rias variants
# of Votes 13

Sub-variants

[X] Spend some time talking with Rias. While you've faced combat together before & you've even carried out favors for her brother on her behalf you don't actually know that about her personally. Remedy that. Drop the bombshell about the new ability your Boosted Gear developed & its implications when she seems a bit relaxed, preferably when she's had some tea.(Unelemental, nightblade, Smuthunter, Bfldyq, Coderr
# of Votes 5

[X] Spend some time talking with Rias. While you've faced combat together before & you've even carried out favors for her brother on her behalf you don't actually know that about her personally. Remedy that. Drop the bombshell about the new ability your Boosted Gear developed & its implications when she seems a bit relaxed, preferably when she's had some tea
-[X] Give Rias some time to process the possible ramifications of your revelation, although if she should want a personal demonstration you'd be happy to oblige her. Do the same & try to relax, forgetting the events of the past few weeks & decide yourself who you want to be moving forward, not letting other factions define it for you(EternitynChaos, megrisvernin, dreadis, Diller, Indrik, Silver W. King, Eler0, Disminded
# of Votes 8

I'm assuming Unelemental, nightblade, Smuthunter, Bfldyq, Coderr prefer the version of the Relaxing Tea with Rias plan without the
[] Give Rias some time to process the possible ramifications of your revelation, although if she should want a personal demonstration you'd be happy to oblige her. Do the same & try to relax, forgetting the events of the past few weeks & decide yourself who you want to be moving forward, not letting other factions define it for you

addition.

My "Relaxing Tea with Rias" plans are winning, with the "Relaxing Tea with Rias, Relax by ourselves afterwards" variant the most popular by 1 vote.

Vote Change:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back