• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Trials of the God-Harem King [Highschool DxD/Exalted] (CLOSED)

megrisvernin said:
I expected Rias to be more excited by the prospect.
Issei left out the part about Mittelt not being a Creature of Darkness anymore is probably why, and come to think of it I'm not sure he's aware of the meaning of the status change. Mittelt's wings turning gold is one thing, but it's reasonable for Rias to not read more into it than that when what happened is so absurdly outlandish.

Also does becoming Half Caste mean less for Berserker than say Mittelt in terms of combat growth and utility?
I don't think so. Mittelt has an advantage in that she was already using magic or something like it before she got her new paint job, but on the other hand she doesn't have Shougo's crazy passive buffs.

megrisvernin said:
I expected Rias to be more excited by the prospect.

Also does becoming Half Caste mean less for Berserker than say Mittelt in terms of combat growth and utility?

well, first of all we don't know in character that we basicly made Mittelt immune to the extra effects of holy attacks, so Rias isn't aware we could do the same for anyone with the right conditions being meet.

secondly Not really no, the reverse would be closer to the truth I would think. Berserker has his a whole new playing field while Mittelt has just lost a weakness and gained a new path to grow down, Mittelt however was already playing in that power bracket unlike Berserker, ymmv

EternitynChaos said:
well, first of all we don't know in character that we basicly made Mittelt immune to the extra effects of holy attacks, so Rias isn't aware we could do the same for anyone with the right conditions being meet.

Forgot we don't know that in-character. So everybody(including Ise) going to be surprised when that little fact is going to be revealed.

The reactions will be golden. 8)

Last edited by a moderator:
Speaking of things we need to prepare for, what's the ETA on Mittelt's grandmother arriving?

Malcolmo said:
Speaking of things we need to prepare for, what's the ETA on Mittelt's grandmother arriving?

Suika would tell her granddaughter she's coming to visit right?

If not we will so unprepared for that storm.

Actually thinking about it how will the whole no longer a creature of drakness thing be revealed.

Earliest time we'll fight enemies with holy attribute from canon at this point is the excalibits arc. Unless she and Eiko really went at it which I don't see happening.

if Azarael could discover it if he examined Miltet. He would totally be interested in this visible change on Miltet especially since it relates to our sacred gear.

Of course Alex could throw a curveball at us. He's done if before.

I keep hoping that Raiser shows up and cops an attitude with Rias while we're present to do something about it. Butting heads with him in our current state will be a sight to see~

far....if we don't get our motivation done then we have to do something like months of solitude meditation or something if I remember right

I'm fairly certain you group exaltations the same way sorcery is grouped. Thus, Terrestrial, Celestial, and Solar.

Ghost said:
I'm fairly certain you group exaltations the same way sorcery is grouped. Thus, Terrestrial, Celestial, and Solar.
No, Solars are also considered celestial exaltations. So are abyssals and infernals. The fandom sometimes splits them up into a separate group called Solaroids because Solar/Abyssal/Infernal charms tend to be more powerful than Sidereal/Lunar/Alchemical, but it's not an official thing.

Why are we worried about E4? We have boatloads of charms to buy at E2 and E3. Shit, we still have a few E1 charms to burn through.

EternitynChaos said:
we currently have 21xp, we need 24xp to get E4, we are 3xp away from Essence 4 and 1 hour with Bright to cheat.

I'm working on an Omake...

Side question.

Are any members of the Occult Club members of official school groups? Like sport teams or the like?

When was Kouh Academy founded?

Smuthunter said:
Why are we worried about E4? We have boatloads of charms to buy at E2 and E3. Shit, we still have a few E1 charms to burn through.

because we made a charm that is E4 that lets use speed up our followers learning by a lot, it will also remove the cap on how much damage we can regen in a 10 tick time span with life factory and speed up our innate regen on top of that, here it is again for those who have forgotten it.

Dragon Steals The Root Method
Cost: 10m, 1w
Min: Martial Arts 5, Essence 4
Type: Simple (Dramatic Action)
Keywords: Obvious, Touch, Training
Duration: One Week
Prerequisites: Any Martial Arts Charm

Neither Solars nor Dragons take being told they can't do something well. Unlike mortal men, however, their response to this is invariably to prove the person spouting these lies wrong. This Charm is the culmination of that principle combined with Hyoudo Issei's desire to guard and empower those he cares about. On a personal level this charm reduces the Xp cost for all Terrestrial Martial Arts Charms to 4x, or 5xp if Martial Arts is not a Caste or Favored Ability, and their training time is halved. Learning this charm excludes the Solar from learning the Charm Swallowing the Lotus Root.

As a Secondary ability this Charm works like Tiger Warrior Training Technique, except it requires both trainer and students, up to Magnitude 1, to share a positive intimacy of some sort. It allows training up to a maximum rank of 4 or the Solar's own rank in that area, whichever is lower, in any of the following: Martial Arts, Melee, Strength, Dexterity, Stamina, Terrestrial Martial Arts Charms and any Excellency's that can be learned by the student.

and

Infinite Factory of Life
Cost: -/2m/4m; Duration: Indefinite
This Knack super-charges the dragon's healing abilities beyond anything it knew before. After purchase it allows the character to heal 1 level of Bashing damage every 10 ticks, this increases to 1 level of Bashing per 5 ticks or 1 level of Lethal per 10 ticks at Essence 4 and 1 level of Bashing per tick and 1 level of Lethal per 5 ticks at Essence 5. The character also gains the ability to spend power to enhance his healing to even greater heights: as a reflexive action he may spend 2 motes per level of Bashing damage and 4 motes per level of Lethal damage healed, however he may only spend a maximum of (Stamina + Resistance) motes every 10 ticks until he gains Essence 4 at which point this cap is removed.

EternitynChaos said:
because we made a charm that is E4 that lets use speed up our followers learning by a lot, it will also remove the cap on how much damage we can regen in a 10 tick time span with life factory and speed up our innate regen on top of that, here it is again for those who have forgotten it.

and
I don't think that's worth the time and EXP we would need to spend on meditating to reach essence 4, especially not when we get a free essence boost for achieving our motivation. That effort should be spent on building up the fundamentals until we hit a point where we can't advance in most of our areas of focus without the essence boost.

EternitynChaos said:

don't forget it also means we get room for 3 more knacks.

Smuthunter said:
I don't think that's worth the time and EXP we would need to spend on meditating to reach essence 4, especially not when we get a free essence boost for achieving our motivation. That effort should be spent on building up the fundamentals until we hit a point where we can't advance in most of our areas of focus without the essence boost.

I tend to agree. The Dragon knacks give us enough power that we're more combat capable against threats we'll face soon. Plus I like the idea of having our strength limited a bit, forcing us to be clever in our build.

Having to build a team & empower our followers because of certain caps in our own strength is something I actually sort of enjoy.

megrisvernin said:
I tend to agree. The Dragon knacks give us enough power that we're more combat capable against threats we'll face soon.
I'm not so certain. I'm looking forward to butting heads with Raiser, but I'm also still remembering Alex saying that he would be a real challenge for us the way we were not too long ago.

Also, looking at Fist of the Daystar again, we can buy every charm in the tree save for three that need essence 5 or 7 the way we are right now, including the expansion charms. Let's get deeper than one charm into the tree before we declare ourselves fit for combat, okay?

Smuthunter said:
I'm not so certain. I'm looking forward to butting heads with Raiser, but I'm also still remembering Alex saying that he would be a real challenge for us the way we were not too long ago.

Also, looking at Fist of the Daystar again, we can buy every charm in the tree save for three that need essence 5 or 7 the way we are right now, including the expansion charms. Let's get deeper than one charm into the tree before we declare ourselves fit for combat, okay?

That was right after the Raynare battle,p. Back when we didn't have the dragon knacks, our 2nd overdrive pool, fists of iron technique, force projection, 5 in MA, Eiko as our familiar,etc.

We've improved quite a bit since then.

Smuthunter said:

We need 3 or 4 hours to train essence, because Bright Shatter Ice

Bright and Ddraig are very good tutors, so they can reduce the time to train the stuff they knew best in life.
Bright can use a spell to transfer knowledge directly from mind to mind, so the training time for (Attributes, Abilities, Specialties, Spells, Charms, Essence) is shortened to 1 hour per dot. Bright's rating in that trait must be greater than Issei.

thats from the front page btw, right under the xp costs

Diller said:
That was right after the Raynare battle,p. Back when we didn't have the dragon knacks, our 2nd overdrive pool, fists of iron technique, force projection, 5 in MA, Eiko as our familiar,etc.

We've improved quite a bit since then.
I can't find that specific post, but in the middle of the training arc just as we were putting together the plan to help Tomofuri he introduced the "go into EXP debt to buy extra charms" mechanic and dropped a Kubo-face when people started acting worried. Ddraig has also pinned us as still being in the realm of a low-class devil (pushing towards medium-class) just a few posts ago, where Raiser is considered middle or high class last I checked. I am not particularly reassured.

EternitynChaos said:

My point is unchanged. That EXP should be spent on combat charms so we don't get caught unawares -- or less aware -- when Alex springs Raiser or Vali or someone on us.

EternitynChaos said:

:eek: I forgot about this. Bless Bright-sensei.

This is Alex on fighting Raiser.

I only kept the parts relevant to fighting Raiser,
Alexander said:
Raiser isn't Raynare, you will need time and preparation or it will be a one-side battle.

Raiser? Mid-Boss that will kick your ass if you aren't careful.Let me explain. You may have notice that Raynare was completely healed despite the aggravated damages? The reason is her reincarnation as a Devil: the body parts with the injuries were removed and replaced with new, Devil parts. This is a way that the DxD world can deal with aggravated.

Likewise, Raiser can removed the cursed parts and regenerate new ones. But well...

"First law of thermodynamics"

This should be a sufficient hint for you.

So. In the case you want to start thinking of a strategy to beat Raiser (unless you want to go for the social route), here is a very useful site:

http://forgeofcreation.wikispaces.com/

The Charms here are all updated to the most recent errata. Now, for the purpose of this quest you can consider Raiser both as a creature of darkness and a Spirit/Elemental. Something like that. More the former than the latter.

This is from page 51 of the original thread the 2nd to last post on the page.

It's also literally the page right after we have met yang for the first time

As I said earlier we have improved alot combat wise since then.

According to Ddriag we were low class approaching middle class devil level before Azarael's training. So we're probably at least middle class approaching high class by now.

We have several options for holy moves to use against Raiser and some are even ranged. We could pick up child of mother earth using one of our 2(5 if we go E4) knack spots left and that helps mitigate his fire damage in addition to the soak we get from our dragon scales and our perfect defenses. IF we're lucky we'll have balance breaker by then.

That's just on a one on one battle. If he has a rating game with Rias over the marriage then we can use irresistible salesman spirit and Enemy castigating solar judgement to guilt him into letting us and our followers join the battle in order to make it more fair

Yep as fair as a bunch of devils fighting 4 fallen angels one of which is 1/4 one and a half caste, a half caste Sun Raven with holy flames, a half-caste healer, 2 half-caste wielders of Magnus SGs that are also holy attributes, stronger versions of Koneko,Akeno, and Kiba, possibly Berserker, and pf ocirse ourselves the Sun dragon emperor Solar exalt and wielder of Boosted gear. Oh and we can also use our transfer ability to boost our teammates abilities. We could also have (started) to teach our friends terrestrial martial arts by then as well.

All of that against the team who except for Raiser and Yubella(Raiser's queen) got trashed by the vol 2 Team Gremory.

Unless I'm underestimating this version of Raiser by alot(which I could be) I'm liking our current odds in a fight against him.

If there are some charms we really need then we could go into exp debt to buy them if need be.

I will not be convinced until we have seen Raiser in combat. Until then I'm going to proceed with the assumption that he is just as much final boss material as he was in the anime.

And we should have more combat charms just on principle. We're an essence 3 solar with only one charm in our primary combat tree. That is ridiculously unacceptable.

Smuthunter said:
I will not be convinced until we have seen Raiser in combat. Until then I'm going to proceed with the assumption that he is just as much final boss material as he was in the anime.

And we should have more combat charms just on principle. We're an essence 3 solar with only one charm in our primary combat tree. That is ridiculously unacceptable.

Honestly? I have to agree, I played a lunar with only 1 combat charm and....it was not fun

So I think we should get some other combat charms, also cause the months almost up so we have to deal with more powerful people soon (like Raiser) and I think it's a good future investment anyway.

Yea, I can agree with that. Build a strong foundation and all that.

Also, I'm pretty sure he was joking. But when did we become Koneko's favorite sempai ? :D

probably when we got all those martial arts lessons from her at the start, notice how none of her fellow peerage members seem interested in learning, she probably enjoyed having someone to practice with, the fact that we can give her a good spar now probably just makes it all the better.

and Smut ^^ lets agree to disagree, we both have views on the way we should grow Issei and while they mesh in some ways they clash in others, such is life, and I'm not saying your wrong, I'd just like to get that charm to speed up our followers advancement before we focus on Fist of the Daystar & combat charms /shrug

I'm wondering how we managed to dodge koneko so consistently when we only have the one dot in dodge as a skill and no charms for it. I'm very confused. Can someone explain that please?

Fellgar said:
I'm wondering how we managed to dodge koneko so consistently when we only have the one dot in dodge as a skill and no charms for it. I'm very confused. Can someone explain that please?
Probably an error. Our specialty is in parrying and soaking up hits, not dodging them altogether. Our fighting style, insofar as we have one, probably looks a lot more like karate than anything.

Alternatively, that might be our dexterity talking.

Lon said:
Yea, I can agree with that. Build a strong foundation and all that.

Also, I'm pretty sure he was joking. But when did we become Koneko's favorite sempai ? :D

Getting a strong support is something I can get behind.

It was a gradual thing. We did eat a few times with her and her desire to learn martial Arts is to be able to keep up with our own rapidly developing skills.

EternitynChaos said:
probably when we got all those martial arts lessons from her at the start, notice how none of her fellow peerage members seem interested in learning, she probably enjoyed having someone to practice with, the fact that we can give her a good spar now probably just makes it all the better.

and Smut ^^ lets agree to disagree, we both have views on the way we should grow Issei and while they mesh in some ways they clash in others, such is life, and I'm not saying your wrong, I'd just like to get that charm to speed up our followers advancement before we focus on Fist of the Daystar & combat charms /shrug

Ninjaed

and I feel mostly the same way. The faster our followers progress the less we have to worry about them in the coming battles though I see Smut's point. Working on combat charms is a valid option as well.

Fellgar said:
Dragon Swag and GLORIOUS SOLAR BULLSHIT :p
...Actually I had no idea.

We can always do both. Invest the EXP into combat charms, invest our time back into examining the pieces and unlocking CMAs for everyone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back